AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-05-22, 21:23   Link #101
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
If anyone's interested in the sales saga for Motteke Seeraafuku, akibablog has an article (several, actually) in Japanese on the subject, with photos of the action at stores in Akihabara. There is an online campaign by fans to get enough copies sold to have it reach #1 on the charts.



There are some "sold out" signs and one store clerk said it seemed to him to be selling better than HareHareYukai (the SHnY ED), which got to #5 last May. At Toranoana, which had proclaimed its determination to sell more than any other store, apparently about 8 out of 10 people coming to the cash at 7pm Tuesday were buying a copy. The CD is officially released on Wednesday, so of course it goes on sale Tuesday. Of course.
__________________
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline  
Old 2007-05-22, 21:42   Link #102
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
If anyone's interested in the sales saga for Motteke Seeraafuku, akibablog has an article (several, actually) in Japanese on the subject, with photos of the action at stores in Akihabara. There is an online campaign by fans to get enough copies sold to have it reach #1 on the charts.



There are some "sold out" signs and one store clerk said it seemed to him to be selling better than HareHareYukai (the SHnY ED), which got to #5 last May. At Toranoana, which had proclaimed its determination to sell more than any other store, apparently about 8 out of 10 people coming to the cash at 7pm Tuesday were buying a copy. The CD is officially released on Wednesday, so of course it goes on sale Tuesday. Of course.
Still don't understand why the fans are doing this. Are they getting paid to raise awareness or something? Personally I would be asking for money. I can't think of anything I like that much to take time out of my day to actively promote it for free. If it's for some sort of cause, like the proceeds are going to charity I'd consider it, but if I'm just helping already well off record companies make profit for themselves, why bother?

The classy thing to do here would be if it does hit #1, set aside something like 20% of the profits for some sort of charity. That would be a good reason for someone to work towards getting it in that slot. They can feel good about themselves and about the show at the same time.
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2007-05-22, 22:04   Link #103
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Still don't understand why the fans are doing this. Are they getting paid to raise awareness or something? Personally I would be asking for money. I can't think of anything I like that much to take time out of my day to actively promote it for free. If it's for some sort of cause, like the proceeds are going to charity I'd consider it, but if I'm just helping already well off record companies make profit for themselves, why bother?

The classy thing to do here would be if it does hit #1, set aside something like 20% of the profits for some sort of charity. That would be a good reason for someone to work towards getting it in that slot. They can feel good about themselves and about the show at the same time.
Much to learn you have about the otaku mindset, young padawan.
Ascaloth is offline  
Old 2007-05-22, 22:15   Link #104
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Much to learn you have about the otaku mindset, young padawan.
They devote their whole lives to the series of the now don't they......
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2007-05-22, 22:18   Link #105
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
They devote their whole lives to the series of the now don't they......
Not that much difference from how you practically devote your whole life to the series of then. In fact, I think I'm starting to see a generation gap within the otaku ranks here...
Ascaloth is offline  
Old 2007-05-22, 22:26   Link #106
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Otakus are on the same scale as religious fanatics.

They do strange and incomprehenable things in the name of the cause they have devoted themselves to.

You do not need to understand their reasonings at all.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline  
Old 2007-05-22, 22:29   Link #107
Baka-yuki
Lucky Bibliomaniac
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Dalton, GA
Send a message via AIM to Baka-yuki Send a message via Skype™ to Baka-yuki
Wow, didnt know Motteke Serafuku was that popular. Was planning on importing it, so i just hope i get a copy before they sell-out. What is happaning for an ED cd? a collection of the clips or the full songs as the charcters sing them? or am i just getting a little to far ahead for myself?
Must bridge the Otaku gap!
Baka-yuki is offline  
Old 2007-05-22, 22:37   Link #108
pariah164
Stand By, Ready, Set Up
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The House
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to pariah164 Send a message via MSN to pariah164 Send a message via Yahoo to pariah164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka-yuki View Post
What is happaning for an ED cd? a collection of the clips or the full songs as the charcters sing them? or am i just getting a little to far ahead for myself?
Must bridge the Otaku gap!
Now that would be awesomesauce.
pariah164 is offline  
Old 2007-05-22, 22:40   Link #109
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
ED collection on the way, to be issued in July. Since it says "dorama," I suppose they'll string it together from the show, with maybe extended versions of the songs. Not sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Its also appeared over at CDJapan --- time for a preorder!

Also, its listed on CDjapan that the first Limited Edition DVD shall come with a BGM CD --- just like with Haruhi, so thats where the music shall appear. Time for another preorder. :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Lucky Star Ending Theme Drama

Release Date 11th July. Featuring all the current Karaoke ED Drama in one go tied up by all the full version of the ED Songs.

http://www.neowing.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=LACA-5658
You guys need to read moar.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is online now  
Old 2007-05-22, 22:51   Link #110
Baka-yuki
Lucky Bibliomaniac
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Dalton, GA
Send a message via AIM to Baka-yuki Send a message via Skype™ to Baka-yuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_passerby View Post
You guys need to read moar.
sorry, but "more". i blame my friends not letting me type incorectly.
Anyway, as for this i cant wait. I'm preordering this ASAP.
Getting the OP from Amazon today
Baka-yuki is offline  
Old 2007-05-22, 22:53   Link #111
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
There's no need for a mad rush.
The disc will be readily avaliable once the hype died down.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline  
Old 2007-05-22, 23:04   Link #112
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Otakus are on the same scale as religious fanatics.

They do strange and incomprehenable things in the name of the cause they have devoted themselves to.

You do not need to understand their reasonings at all.
PHEW! Thank god for that!

@Ascaloth: I'm only a year older than you so I don't think there's a generation gap. I know I act like an 80 year old bitter as hell angry old man, but I'm only 22.

I prefer to say I devote myself to the series of the "When". Whatever I like it doesn't matter what decade it comes from. Though I tend to find more stuff I like in the 80's and 90's. Still the first decade of the 21st isn't even close to being over and things are booming right now like they haven't been since the 80's.

Let's have look at the decade tall of my Anime Music Collection:

2000: 143 songs
80's: 185 songs
90's: 279 songs
70's: 30 songs

So while the 80's and 90's win, the 2000's are catching up and since there can never be another song from the 80's (unless I find buried treasure) there's a good chance the 2000's could surpass it.

And Yes I did just spend about 40 minutes tallying my collection.
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2007-05-22, 23:40   Link #113
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post

@Ascaloth: I'm only a year older than you so I don't think there's a generation gap. I know I act like an 80 year old bitter as hell angry old man, but I'm only 22.
You are only as old as you act. J/K
Ascaloth is offline  
Old 2007-05-23, 00:01   Link #114
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka-yuki View Post
Wow, didnt know Motteke Serafuku was that popular. Was planning on importing it, so i just hope i get a copy before they sell-out. What is happaning for an ED cd? a collection of the clips or the full songs as the charcters sing them? or am i just getting a little to far ahead for myself?
Must bridge the Otaku gap!
You just have to connect the dots to see the popularity:

Aya Hirano<-------->Kyoto Animation<------->Dance Theme<------->Hare Hare Yukai<------->Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu<------>Greatest Anime Ever Made!------>GREATEST SONG EVER MADE!------> BUY IT!
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2007-05-23, 02:39   Link #115
Telliamed
sensei no pet
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia, USA
Those of us who don't read japanese appreciate the updates, Kaoru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Still don't understand why the fans are doing this. Are they getting paid to raise awareness or something? Personally I would be asking for money. I can't think of anything I like that much to take time out of my day to actively promote it for free.
People will pay you to tell them what they believe.
Welcome to the consumer culture. Next time you're at a mall, count the number of brands, sports logos, and names of rock/rap bands you see on peoples' t-shirts and baseball caps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
They devote their whole lives to the current fad......
bit of an edit, hope you don't mind
That's one for the oxymoron hall of fame.

I'm rather hoping they make a full-length video for the OP. It really doesn't have the same impact without the animation.
__________________
Telliamed is offline  
Old 2007-05-23, 02:54   Link #116
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
Those of us who don't read japanese appreciate the updates, Kaoru.



People will pay you to tell them what they believe.
Welcome to the consumer culture. Next time you're at a mall, count the number of brands, sports logos, and names of rock/rap bands you see on peoples' t-shirts and baseball caps.


bit of an edit, hope you don't mind
That's one for the oxymoron hall of fame.

I'm rather hoping they make a full-length video for the OP. It really doesn't have the same impact without the animation.
Only if they all passout after doing the song and start drooling on the floor.
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2007-05-23, 03:14   Link #117
innominate
hiatus almost permanent
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoshin_Sama
They devote their whole lives to the current fad......
bit of an edit, hope you don't mind
That's one for the oxymoron hall of fame.
I don't see the oxymoron... >.<"
I dunno, more of a tautological expression?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed
I'm rather hoping they make a full-length video for the OP. It really doesn't have the same impact without the animation.
Somehow the full version doesn't seem as succint as the original OP, even if I listen to both without the animation. The rhythm doesn't flow as smoothly I suppose; it isn't as catchy.

Also, I'm trying to figure how to play the OP on the piano >_>. It's kinda impossible, I guess, but if any of you figures out how... heh! =D
The chorus is okay... But I think there's a rolling at the rapping part which I can't really get. ><
innominate is offline  
Old 2007-05-23, 04:44   Link #118
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Near Cincinnati, OH, but actually in Kentucky
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka-yuki View Post
sorry, but "more". i blame my friends not letting me type incorectly.
I lol'd


I think the best explanation of the otaku mindset was when someone (too lazy to look back to find out who) likened it to sports fans' joy seeing their team win a game.
__________________
FatPianoBoy is offline  
Old 2007-05-23, 17:00   Link #119
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Haven't seen any sales figures yet, but I did come across an even better page of pictures of the Akihabara "Motteke Seeraafuku Festival" Wednesday of people buying the OP:
http://akiba.kakaku.com/event/0705/23/235000.php

Great shots like these:



One guy bought ten copies (for friends, I hope), another bought twelve. The cost of a CD would be worth it just to be there for the carnival. Come to think of it, maybe the extra nine (I mean seven) copies were for hikikomori who couldn't stand the crowds, lol.
__________________
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline  
Old 2007-05-23, 17:29   Link #120
krln99
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
http://www.oricon.co.jp/

It scored #3 for the day. I don't see it scoring #1 for the week because the popular boyband V6 also released on the same day. I do see it possibly rising to #2, though, which would be outstanding for an anime OP not sung by a major artist.
krln99 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.