AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-05-24, 23:54   Link #41
Chimie
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Well, in terms of Earth, the Mokuton is more of "Plant" than actual dirt, so perhaps it will be something relating to leafs or thorns or something like that?
Chimie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 23:56   Link #42
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michael Dudikoff's American Ninja Dojo
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimie View Post
Well, in terms of Earth, the Mokuton is more of "Plant" than actual dirt, so perhaps it will be something relating to leafs or thorns or something like that?
Water and Earth. Think of something that combines wind and earth.
__________________
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 00:03   Link #43
Chimie
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
Water and Earth. Think of something that combines wind and earth.
What I mean is when using Mokuton, they don't just mix water and earth, because that would just be mud. The "Earth" part of Mokuton is more along the lines of plants, which grow out of the ground. Therefore, perhaps something like adding leafs to a tornado.

However, I doubt they would give him an Earth affinity, because he needs to match up against Sasuke's Fire ability, He would most likely get a water affinity.
Chimie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 00:29   Link #44
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michael Dudikoff's American Ninja Dojo
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimie View Post
What I mean is when using Mokuton, they don't just mix water and earth, because that would just be mud. The "Earth" part of Mokuton is more along the lines of plants, which grow out of the ground. Therefore, perhaps something like adding leafs to a tornado.

However, I doubt they would give him an Earth affinity, because he needs to match up against Sasuke's Fire ability, He would most likely get a water affinity.
They do just mix earth and water. There's no plant element in Naruto.
__________________
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 07:28   Link #45
othafa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
While that other ninja does a horrible job of explaining himself, you're wrong Chimie. Don't think of Mokuton in terms of "the earth part" or "the water part". Mokuton is "the living wood element that was created by fusing water and earth into a new element". The key phrase there is new element. I don't think Naruto has the potential to create a new element at all. I'd just like to see him learn to use fire techniques and then augment them with wind to make stronger fire. He shouldn't have any problem using elemental combo techniques thanks to his Kage Bunshin, but he'll never be able to draw out a new element from that combo.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 11:31   Link #46
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michael Dudikoff's American Ninja Dojo
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by othafa View Post
While that other ninja does a horrible job of explaining himself, you're wrong Chimie. Don't think of Mokuton in terms of "the earth part" or "the water part". Mokuton is "the living wood element that was created by fusing water and earth into a new element". The key phrase there is new element. I don't think Naruto has the potential to create a new element at all. I'd just like to see him learn to use fire techniques and then augment them with wind to make stronger fire. He shouldn't have any problem using elemental combo techniques thanks to his Kage Bunshin, but he'll never be able to draw out a new element from that combo.
Wtf? Explaining myself at what? He's the one who talked about Mokuton equalling plants and not earth/water. Ass.
__________________
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 11:35   Link #47
othafa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
They do just mix earth and water. There's no plant element in Naruto.
Yes, because that was so eloquent. I was simply pointing out that simply stating the opposite does nothing to enlighten him about why he was wrong.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 11:37   Link #48
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michael Dudikoff's American Ninja Dojo
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by othafa View Post
Yes, because that was so eloquent. I was simply pointing out that simply stating the opposite does nothing to enlighten him about why he was wrong.
Oh i'm sorry I didn't realize I had to take the time to stop and hold his hand. But hey if you get off on hearing yourself saying what's "right" go right ahead.
__________________
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 11:45   Link #49
othafa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
In this world, people really could spend a little more time helping other people instead of shooting them down. There is no need to be rude about it. Perhaps you could consider spending a little less time asserting your own superiority and work on helping to expand someone else's knowledge.
.
.
.
.
Or you could be selfish, whichever.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 12:04   Link #50
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michael Dudikoff's American Ninja Dojo
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by othafa View Post
In this world, people really could spend a little more time helping other people instead of shooting them down. There is no need to be rude about it. Perhaps you could consider spending a little less time asserting your own superiority and work on helping to expand someone else's knowledge.
.
.
.
.
Or you could be selfish, whichever.
Speak for yourself. I wasn't shooting him down, I just said what I had to say without sugarcoating it. Just cuz you didn't like how I said it doesn't mean I was being rude. But thanks for your 2 cents, Ebert.

Anyway, I'm assuming if Naruto does learn a second element it'll be water considering his name and show title etc.
__________________
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 12:10   Link #51
othafa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
You were contradicting him without explaining why he was wrong. Sounds like shooting him down to me.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 12:20   Link #52
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michael Dudikoff's American Ninja Dojo
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by othafa View Post
You were contradicting him without explaining why he was wrong. Sounds like shooting him down to me.
"There's no plant element"

MOVING ON. I've been trying to remember what the shadow or dark element was called in the first Naruto movie that Doto used. I know its said the movies have nothing to do with the series, though it still makes you wonder if there are any other elements.
__________________
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 12:21   Link #53
othafa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
No one was saying that you're wrong. How does making the same statement (and again not backing it up) prove your point?
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 12:31   Link #54
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michael Dudikoff's American Ninja Dojo
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by othafa View Post
No one was saying that you're wrong. How does making the same statement (and again not backing it up) prove your point?
I recall you telling me to go and read some interviews without providing any further information on it, saying that much as if to seem that you proved your point far enough. So you'll excuse me if I share the same behavior in feeling like some things people can deliberate on their own, hypocrite.

Fire and earth would make lava?
__________________
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 12:45   Link #55
othafa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
I wasn't trying to prove a point when I said that. I just read some interviews where Kishi went into depth about what does and doesn't exist in the Naruto universe, and you seemed interested in that, so I was making you aware that the answer to your question existed. However, even if I was trying to prove a point with that statement, making it apparent that the information existed and encouraging you to find the answer still serves the same purpose of expanding someone else's knowledge. It may even serve to accomplish that task more effectively, if the old adage is true. "If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he'll eat for a lifetime." I'm not a hypocrite.

Fire an earth do make magma in other media, such as video games and RPGs, so that would be a reasonable assumption.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 12:51   Link #56
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michael Dudikoff's American Ninja Dojo
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by othafa View Post
I wasn't trying to prove a point when I said that. I just read some interviews where Kishi went into depth about what does and doesn't exist in the Naruto universe, and you seemed interested in that, so I was making you aware that the answer to your question existed. However, even if I was trying to prove a point with that statement, making it apparent that the information existed and encouraging you to find the answer still serves the same purpose of expanding someone else's knowledge. It may even serve to accomplish that task more effectively, if the old adage is true. "If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he'll eat for a lifetime." I'm not a hypocrite.

Fire an earth do make magma in other media, such as video games and RPGs, so that would be a reasonable assumption.
You were trying to prove a point, and that was to dispute my claim that we can't be certain what planet the world of Naruto occupies or not. The person who made the claim about Earth and Water already reads the manga so there's no point for me to go tell him to read it when I said there's no plant element, to "encourage" him to find the answer. In fact he should already know that, I don't understand why he thinks earth and water didn't make Mokuton.

Fire and lightning makes... plasma? *laughs*
__________________
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 13:01   Link #57
othafa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimie View Post
What I mean is when using Mokuton, they don't just mix water and earth, because that would just be mud. The "Earth" part of Mokuton is more along the lines of plants, which grow out of the ground. Therefore, perhaps something like adding leafs to a tornado.

However, I doubt they would give him an Earth affinity, because he needs to match up against Sasuke's Fire ability, He would most likely get a water affinity.
He didn't think that earth and water didn't make Mokuton. He was under the impression that the "earth part" of that mixture manifested itself in the form of plants, because he didn't quite understand that Mokuton creates a new element from two other elements. He was absolutely right that a direct mixture of earth and water makes mud. What you could have taken two seconds to explain was that elemental fusion does not actually mix two elements, but instead produces a new one.

Furthermore, I wasn't trying to dispute anything. I can be certain, since I've read those articles. I was just making you aware that they existed and, if you wanted to relieve your uncertainty, you could go look it up.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 13:10   Link #58
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michael Dudikoff's American Ninja Dojo
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by othafa View Post
He didn't think that earth and water didn't make Mokuton. He was under the impression that the "earth part" of that mixture manifested itself in the form of plants, because he didn't quite understand that Mokuton creates a new element from two other elements. He was absolutely right that a direct mixture of earth and water makes mud. What you could have taken two seconds to explain was that elemental fusion does not actually mix two elements, but instead produces a new one.

Furthermore, I wasn't trying to dispute anything. I can be certain, since I've read those articles. I was just making you aware that they existed and, if you wanted to relieve your uncertainty, you could go look it up.
If you weren't trying to dispute anything you didn't have to say anything to begin with. What point is there to try and show me what's right if you didn't care if I was wrong?
__________________
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 13:15   Link #59
othafa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Wow, you've totally missed what I've been saying the entire time.

"...spend a little more time helping other people..."

"Perhaps you could consider spending a little less time asserting your own superiority and work on helping to expand someone else's knowledge."

"...still serves the same purpose of expanding someone else's knowledge."

Answer: because helping people expand their knowledge improves the quality of the world.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 13:28   Link #60
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michael Dudikoff's American Ninja Dojo
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by othafa View Post
Wow, you've totally missed what I've been saying the entire time.

"...spend a little more time helping other people..."

"Perhaps you could consider spending a little less time asserting your own superiority and work on helping to expand someone else's knowledge."

"...still serves the same purpose of expanding someone else's knowledge."

Answer: because helping people expand their knowledge improves the quality of the world.
Exactly, so you cared that I was wrong, because you wabnt to "improve t he quality of the world." You're disputing my error to get your message across.
__________________
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.