AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 13 15.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 35.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 24.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.22%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-05-27, 22:46   Link #261
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I dunno...I'm hoping that Zest is powerful enough to take on at least Signum at full power.

And frankly, I'm hoping that the next 4 or 5 episodes kick up the gears a little more. It's fine and all to be mysterious and "elusive", but considering that Scagliette's is still playing around with Relic hunting and Drone-testing just enjoying the sights and sounds of those he intends to capture, but still doesn't employ a force capable of it, while the unknown Client's along with the Client's Relic Weapons are doing who knows what while we still don't know anything besides the fact that Lutecia is Scagliette's creation. And there's still the Jewel Seed along with the whole Project F thing.

It's still early, but the pacing is worrisome.
Indeed. Not even in Nanoha (1st Season) they took this long. We're barely getting any new information and the plot development is quite slow.
__________________
"You wanted to say that, but you didn't have enough common sense."
Fuyu no Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 22:55   Link #262
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 29
I guess you can never satisfy everyone. As for me this is just the perfect pace, if anything they could slow it down even more to avoid the ocassional leaps of logic we have encountered.. I am a sucker for series that take their time explaining things. The type that never realized that Noir and Beetrain series are considered to be very slow by the industry standards until he was told so.

Heck I would jump in joy if a slice-of-life type Nanoha series came out. I'm not joking
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 23:03   Link #263
Meophist
Tell me who I am.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
I guess you can never satisfy everyone. As for me this is just the perfect pace, if anything they could slow it down even more to avoid the ocassional leaps of logic we have encountered.. I am a sucker for series that take their time explaining things. The type that never realized that Noir and Beetrain series are considered to be very slow by the industry standards until he was told so.

Heck I would jump in joy if a slice-of-life type Nanoha series came out. I'm not joking
Couldn't agree more. I enjoy the slow-pace, though I can understand how it could be annoying or some.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 23:08   Link #264
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Couldn't agree more. I enjoy the slow-pace, though I can understand how it could be annoying or some.
It's not annoying, it's worrisome. They still have plenty of things to show us and at this pace, we'll end up with a 30 episode season if not more. Or a rushed ending, which is even worse.
__________________
"You wanted to say that, but you didn't have enough common sense."
Fuyu no Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 23:24   Link #265
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm not upset with the pacing really. But I just want them to fit in everything without rushing at the end.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 23:38   Link #266
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm not upset with the pacing really. But I just want them to fit in everything without rushing at the end.
Agreed. If they fit the ending nicely, without ruining it, I don't mind if they take 3/4 of the series slowly.
__________________
"You wanted to say that, but you didn't have enough common sense."
Fuyu no Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 23:39   Link #267
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Okay, lunch break... This is going to be messy...


@Meophist

Rrrrriigght.... I figured it would be that...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
It's not annoying, it's worrisome. They still have plenty of things to show us and at this pace, we'll end up with a 30 episode season if not more. Or a rushed ending, which is even worse.
I'm with you on this one.


Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post

She might be the type who get lost without Zest to hold onto
That would be perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Interesting setting. Although, I don't think Lutecia would be very friendly with those two, especially if she happens to find an interest in Elio and Caro goes all 'He's mine already'
I'm really in favor of a "Lutecia getting lost" scenario.

Though I would think that the tension wouldn't be shown outright...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It'd be pretty strange I guess if Caro didn't notice that Lutecia was a summoner. Though it would be interesting if they could make it work, rather than have Erio get separated from Caro and hang out with Lutecia for a while. Though I know we're all still waiting for the island episode . Whatever happens it would be interesting, poor Lutecia getting lost and Erio being the kind knight coming to her rescue. Be even better if she was getting harassed and he jumped in there to help. Too many ways for this to happen to pick one.
Ever thought what would happen if Erio saved Lutecia via the same way he did for Caro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
People we're trying to remain on topic so Mods won't step in. Remember? So please let's go back to speculating and discussing <<.>>
Oh right, that's the story...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 23:50   Link #268
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
It's not annoying, it's worrisome. They still have plenty of things to show us and at this pace, we'll end up with a 30 episode season if not more. Or a rushed ending, which is even worse.
Exactly. The issue here is hardly the pacing, but whether or not they will be able to properly cram up everything nicely at the current pace. If they have an indefinite episode count, then there's absolutely no problem, but that's not the case here. Of course, the loser in me prefers if this was paced as well as Saiunkoku Monogatari, which has a superb balance of awesomeness, character development and plot development, sometimes throwing 2 episodes worth of development into 1 while still being well-paced and having enough for the next and the next without losing much steam, but beggars can't be choosers. It's not as if Nanoha isn't good.

Is it even possible for Lutecia to get lost? Especially when she's capable of summoning recon bugs. :P
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 23:52   Link #269
raidou
Confused person
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Home sweet home :)
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Is it even possible for Lutecia to get lost? Especially when she's capable of summoning recon bugs. :P
"Lost" as in has no idea about regular daily stuff, since she is Orange's creation and most probably used/sold by the organization right away.So it would be possible that she has no knowledges other than combat.There must be some reason she is so clingy to Zest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Ever thought what would happen if Erio saved Lutecia via the same way he did for Caro?
Then Erio would be the 1st that notice Lutecia's summoner connection with Caro ..Since i doubt Garyuu would be as blur as Fried
__________________
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 00:00   Link #270
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Is it even possible for Lutecia to get lost? Especially when she's capable of summoning recon bugs. :P
Ah, but what if she got lost in somewhere surrounded completely by people? I don't think she'll be able to summon without being noticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post

Then Erio would be the 1st that notice Lutecia's summoner connection with Caro ..Since i doubt Garyuu would be as blur as Fried
But unlike Fried, Garyuu seems to need to be summoned

EDIT:

Or we could also have Lutecia caught trying to steal some taiyaki...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 00:05   Link #271
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
[QUOTE=Chaos2Frozen;966058]Ever thought what would happen if Erio saved Lutecia via the same way he did for Caro? /QUOTE]
Haha honestly hadn't thought about that. Erio would either be a hero or a dead man if he manages to feel up both Caro and Lutecia. The knight with an affinity to young summoners. Hopefully he wouldn't figure it out, but a bit of de ja vu wouldn't hurt at all.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 00:12   Link #272
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Ever thought what would happen if Erio saved Lutecia via the same way he did for Caro?
Haha honestly hadn't thought about that. Erio would either be a hero or a dead man if he manages to feel up both Caro and Lutecia. The knight with an affinity to young summoners. Hopefully he wouldn't figure it out, but a bit of de ja vu wouldn't hurt at all.

I'm also curious on how Lutecia would react.

For now, all evidence points to a calm response like Caro.

But Nanoha characters being Nanoha characters...

I'm willing to bet otherwise
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 00:13   Link #273
raidou
Confused person
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Home sweet home :)
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Ah, but what if she got lost in somewhere surrounded completely by people? I don't think she'll be able to summon without being noticed
EDIT:

Or we could also have Lutecia caught trying to steal some taiyaki...
Lol at the reference...

Btw her bugs summoning doesn't seem to require flashy casting if she doesn't summon em in mass.It looks like she has some of em fly around to gather info all the time looking back at Ep7.
Quote:
But unlike Fried, Garyuu seems to need to be summoned
Garyuu is worse, he doesn't need to have limiter kind of release and stayed with Lutecia all the time (in her glove unlike fried that can be put in the bag).Would be funny if a claw or something came out of her glove to poke at Erio

That remind me of the image shack 4komas, Garyuu in a sense is more pokemon-ish since it sleep and live inside Lutecia's pokegloves
__________________
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 00:14   Link #274
Aaron008R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
"Lost" as in has no idea about regular daily stuff, since she is Orange's creation and most probably used/sold by the organization right away.So it would be possible that she has no knowledges other than combat.There must be some reason she is so clingy to Zest
My thoughts as well.

Quote:
But unlike Fried, Garyuu seems to need to be summoned
I STILL think that Garyuu is a pseudo-Kamen Rider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Ah, but what if she got lost in somewhere surrounded completely by people? I don't think she'll be able to summon without being noticed
Better yet, being accosted by some random thugs. Erio to the rescue!

Quote:
Or we could also have Lutecia caught trying to steal some taiyaki...
Oi. The Kanon reference seems to be too impractical for Lutecia.
__________________

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 00:18   Link #275
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I wouldn't expect a very wild response by Lutecia. Though we haven't seen her act in a way other than pretty calm and composed. Could be interesting to see how she behaved if she was embarassed.

Well I don't think we actually saw her summon that one bug. Is possible she'd need at least a small summoning to get a bug which could draw attention anyways.

Erio seems to get along well with Fried, they both hang out while the girls get their showers. Will have to see Garyuu as more than a shadowy figure before we can decide if he'd give Erio a 'friendly" push away from Lutecia.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 00:19   Link #276
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
Lol at the reference...

Btw her bugs summoning doesn't seem to require flashy casting if she doesn't summon em in mass.It looks like she has some of em fly around to gather info all the time looking back at Ep7.
Hmm, that's true...

But it's still possible to get seperated in a crowd, stops to get one of her bugs, but ran into 'trouble' somehow.

Quote:
Garyuu is worse, he doesn't need to have limiter kind of release and stayed with Lutecia all the time (in her glove unlike fried that can be put in the bag).Would be funny if a claw or something came out of her glove to poke at Erio

That remind me of the image shack 4komas, Garyuu in a sense is more pokemon-ish since it sleep and live inside Lutecia's pokegloves
I'm sure Lutecia has more control over her summons than that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

Better yet, being accosted by some random thugs. Erio to the rescue!
The random thugs scene seems pretty over used

Quote:
Oi. The Kanon reference seems to be too impractical for Lutecia.
The girl's got to eat, and if she's not used to life alone in the city...

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I wouldn't expect a very wild response by Lutecia. Though we haven't seen her act in a way other than pretty calm and composed. Could be interesting to see how she behaved if she was embarassed.
Exactly

It'll be so unexpected that it'll work

Quote:
Erio seems to get along well with Fried, they both hang out while the girls get their showers. Will have to see Garyuu as more than a shadowy figure before we can decide if he'd give Erio a 'friendly" push away from Lutecia.
Wouldn't it be funny if Garyuu's a female dragon?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 00:24   Link #277
raidou
Confused person
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Home sweet home :)
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well I don't think we actually saw her summon that one bug. Is possible she'd need at least a small summoning to get a bug which could draw attention anyways.
Opss my bad wording , what am trying to say is that she might always had some bugs summoned before hand all the time to scout for relic.Just like how she discover and question Orange's action this episode.

What if Lutecia end up being clingy to Erio for the time being and Erio has to bring her back to the base...Maybe that's what the next sound stage would be

@Chaos
ok ok i was joking around with the garyuu reaction.

Edit:
Quote:
Wouldn't it be funny if Garyuu's a female dragon?
From the site description and it is silhouette, doesn't seem to be a dragon really or at least not of the same race.It has humanoid looking hand instead of wings.
__________________
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 00:26   Link #278
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Okay, lunch break... This is going to be messy...

I'm really in favor of a "Lutecia getting lost" scenario.

Though I would think that the tension wouldn't be shown outright...

Ever thought what would happen if Erio saved Lutecia via the same way he did for Caro?
I'm in favour of Lutecia getting lost on a island full of people.

One word, Chaos: Jealousy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hmm, that's true...

But it's still possible to get seperated in a crowd, stops to get one of her bugs, but ran into 'trouble' somehow.

The random thugs scene seems pretty over used

The girl's got to eat, and if she's not used to life alone in the city...
Well we're dealing with references here. Why not?

Such trouble might be that as she starts activating her device, someone bumps into her and knocks it into a deep drain. Erio comes in and retrieves the thing. Cue dere-dere effects.

Caro sees, and cue duh-duh-duh-duh effects.
__________________
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 00:37   Link #279
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wouldn't mind the Erio Lutecia interactions, just for the sake of seeing how Caro would respond to him with someone else. Be great to see him just trying to be helpful and things suddenly getting out of control. Part two could be triggered by a drone attack and clearly both sides having a different part, or who knows what might happen.

Not sure if they would end up going back to the base, but they could run into the duo of Teana and Subaru. At any rate how are they going to get to the city? I doubt they'll be riding Fried, maybe Fate gives them a ride? But would she just leave the two to their fun.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 00:37   Link #280
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post

What if Lutecia end up being clingy to Erio for the time being and Erio has to bring her back to the base...Maybe that's what the next sound stage would be
Lutecia: I'm looking... For my "important thing"...
Erio: What's that?
Lutecia: ...My "important thing"...
Erio (Thinking) : Must be one of those 'girls stuff' that Chrono-san was talking about...

EDIT (1):

Wait, if Erio brings home a girl...

I wonder what would be the reaction...?

"Wow, thats a big Oden ingredient...!"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.