AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2007-05-28, 02:51   Link #1
TrickToshi

Unhappy Zard Forever *sniff*

So, sad news everyone. The lead singer for Zard, Izumi Sakai, died yesterday. I don't know if it's already been posted here, but I wanted to share some of my thoughts.

Zard's music was part of the reason that I got into anime. "My Friend" from Slam Dunk, "DANDAN" and "Don't You See" from DragonBallGT, are all songs that bring back fond memories for me. It's really a sad day. I'm sure there were going to be a lot more memorable anime intro and ending songs coming from Zard in the years to come, had Izumi not passed away.

I think I'll go listen to some Zard to celebrate a wonderful career. Peace out.

-Toshi
TrickToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 05:11   Link #2
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

I'm shocked and saddened, too. It was apparently a freak accident caused by a fall in which she sustained major head trauma. According to the Taiwan-based newspaper report I read, Izumi Sakai was undergoing treatment for cervical cancer in the hospital in which she fell.

Such a tragic end to a brilliant career that spanned 15 years. She'll be missed.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 07:27   Link #3
miaka

I was shocked with the news. I've been her fan for many years. i love all her songs. and been expecting her to release an album this coming fall....

according to yahoo entertaiment news, she was diagnosed with cervical cancer last year and had undergone operation and follow up therapy. However, lately she found out that cancer cell has spread to her lungs so she once again confined in the hospital for treatment.

for those who can read jap, article link here from yahoo

i am going to miss her... *sniff*
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 23:11   Link #4
Siegel Clyne

This is very sad news. May she rest in peace.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote