AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-05-25, 15:01   Link #141
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
'Church lady' syndrome: thinking about sex is dirty (see puritanism, cults)
Vexx is offline  
Old 2007-05-25, 23:52   Link #142
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Again, I don't claim I'm an expert in Japanese culture, but if kissing in public is extremely frowned upon (so much more so than in the west), I guess even talking about ABCs is considered 'dirty'. I hear they lean on the conservative side of things over there.

AND I should be really sleeping, since I'll be spending 13 hours more at Anime North tomorrow. >_>
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline  
Old 2007-05-26, 13:32   Link #143
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
In the Oricon chart for Friday, Motteke Seeraafuku is up to #4. So from Tuesday to Friday, it has been #3, #7, #5, #4.

The Hayate OP is out of the top ten, and KOTOKO's PV is still on the Oricon front page.

Also, a new CD has been announced for August called "Motteke Seeraafuku Remix." As I understand the article on it, it will include a number of remixes of the song. The Japanese isn't totally clear to me, but I think it says there will be six tracks, including at least one remix by a well-known remixer, along with a number of parodies. Maybe someone with better Japanese can confirm from the article.

There are links (more or less in English) to some good remixes on that article page.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-05-26 at 15:43.
Kaoru Chujo is offline  
Old 2007-05-26, 18:12   Link #144
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: bleeghhh
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Risaa
I received word from a goon yesterday that another goon on SA forums (scary place, it is) is working on remixing it as well.

I'm very interested in hearing the parodies.
__________________
Risaa is offline  
Old 2007-05-27, 12:35   Link #145
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
In the Oricon chart for Saturday, Motteke Seeraafuku has jumped back up to its highest place, #3. So from Tuesday to Saturday, it has been #3, #7, #5, #4, #3.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline  
Old 2007-05-27, 12:44   Link #146
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
In the Oricon chart for Saturday, Motteke Seeraafuku has jumped back up to its highest place, #3. So from Tuesday to Saturday, it has been #3, #7, #5, #4, #3.
If they want it to hit number one, this is the point where they should start buying indiscriminently. V6 is falling and if each person buys like 5 more copies today, regardless of whether they have one or not, they can push it into the top slot. You only need 1000 people to buy 5 copies and it's there.

Although this 桑田佳祐 guy apparently released on the 16th and he's still selling strong. Who is he anyway, anyone know?
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2007-05-27, 14:49   Link #147
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
If they want it to hit number one, this is the point where they should start buying indiscriminently. V6 is falling and if each person buys like 5 more copies today, regardless of whether they have one or not, they can push it into the top slot. You only need 1000 people to buy 5 copies and it's there.

Although this 桑田佳祐 guy apparently released on the 16th and he's still selling strong. Who is he anyway, anyone know?
Google, YouTube, and ja.Wikipedia are your friends. He is Kuwata Keisuke, leader of Southern All Stars, which has over 50 singles and 13 albums since the late 70s. Here is the PV.

I don't think Motteke can hit #1, but maybe: it sold 2750 copies Saturday, compared to 3000 for V6 and 5000 for Kuwata. Maybe a possibility of #2 for a day, #3-4 for the week. Anyway, the comeback seems fairly remarkable, as if people have actually bought it after hearing it on TV or radio. I seem to recall that Hare Hare Yukai started at the highest place it ever gained and never got back to it.

EDIT: It's down to #7 in the chart for Sunday (posted Monday).
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-05-28 at 08:28.
Kaoru Chujo is offline  
Old 2007-05-28, 11:17   Link #148
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Ah damnit I thought I had gotten to the announcement first and didn't see the edit. Well they sure love to update when I'm sleeping. Anyway 3rd place is still a bronze.
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2007-05-29, 02:33   Link #149
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
I'm not sure how this works, but the Oricon site's news says that for its first week, Motteke Seeraafuku has placed #2 on the weekly (as opposed to daily) singles chart, with sales of 66,000 units, only 2000 behind the first-place song by V6.

Not #1, but a tremendous achievement. Posts on 2channel claim that it is the highest sales ever by any anime-related song in its first week:

GSD (Fiction Junction Yuuka) 45,064 2005/9/22
Nanoha StrikerS (Mizuki Nana) 38,538 2007/4/18 #2
Code Geass 24,494 2006/11/8
Mahou Sensei Negima 45,324 2005/5/11 #4
Haruhi ED 34,881 2006/5/10 #5

Kotoko's Hayate OP came in at #7, with sales of 20,000, which isn't too shabby either.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-05-29 at 03:41.
Kaoru Chujo is offline  
Old 2007-05-29, 10:18   Link #150
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm not sure how this works, but the Oricon site's news says that for its first week, Motteke Seeraafuku has placed #2 on the weekly (as opposed to daily) singles chart, with sales of 66,000 units, only 2000 behind the first-place song by V6.

Not #1, but a tremendous achievement. Posts on 2channel claim that it is the highest sales ever by any anime-related song in its first week:

GSD (Fiction Junction Yuuka) 45,064 2005/9/22
Nanoha StrikerS (Mizuki Nana) 38,538 2007/4/18 #2
Code Geass 24,494 2006/11/8
Mahou Sensei Negima 45,324 2005/5/11 #4
Haruhi ED 34,881 2006/5/10 #5

Kotoko's Hayate OP came in at #7, with sales of 20,000, which isn't too shabby either.
And I was wondering why my post concerning this on the Merchandise thread was being ignored.

Looks like the distributors learned their lesson from Hare Hare Yukai (Haruhi ED) selling out too rapidly and produced plenty in reserves just to allow the song to last that little bit longer in the chart.

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/w/

As of writing, the current weekly chart is still up to May 28th, hopefully we'll see it pop into 2nd place come next week's chart.
__________________
哀莫大於心死。
我對這裡的管理員的霸道與毫無準則的執法行為感到徹底失望﹗

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline  
Old 2007-05-29, 11:39   Link #151
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So the secret to success is the dance opening then. Get ready folks because we are about to see a whole lot of fidgeting and flailing in the future. I'm moving to Japan to compose my own dance opening (only this time the girls are in bikinis in the video), get 2channel all fired up by using my legendary charisma and get rich and smash all the records. I can see it now, the universal formula, the equation.....for success.... hold on it's coming to me....Lolis.....dancing....a popular Seiyuu....hnnngg....focus...focus...a....n....d... ...power of suggestion towards consumers! *Takes off out the door so fast it creates a wind tunnel in the hallway* I'm Off to Japan!

Seriously though, something doesn't seem right about those numbers, I was counting 5000 copies a day usually at it's peak and if you multiply that by 7 you get about 35000+ maximum (but you'd also know what it was lower than on the day's it was below the #3 mark and it didn't report the sales). Unless I'm forgetting the numbers on the first day and they were so high it was crazy, but it's to late to go back and the numbers seem low now. I'm also wondering if they aren't reporting all the numbers sold on the daily charts because for yesterday the numbers seem really low. V6's number of units sold for the week also looks far to high compared to the number of units they were selling daily.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-29 at 11:53.
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2007-05-29, 23:08   Link #152
robertness
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: A command bunker in an undisclosed location
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Seriously though, something doesn't seem right about those numbers, I was counting 5000 copies a day usually at it's peak and if you multiply that by 7 you get about 35000+ maximum (but you'd also know what it was lower than on the day's it was below the #3 mark and it didn't report the sales). Unless I'm forgetting the numbers on the first day and they were so high it was crazy, but it's to late to go back and the numbers seem low now. I'm also wondering if they aren't reporting all the numbers sold on the daily charts because for yesterday the numbers seem really low. V6's number of units sold for the week also looks far to high compared to the number of units they were selling daily.
If Oricon works similarly to Billboard, the discrepancies could be the caused by limits in the reporting system. Billboard numbers are based on reports from retailers. Big stores can report daily because their computers can just dump figures to the reporting agency's computers. Smaller stores only report sales weekly because they need a higher degree of manual tabulation and are given to the reporting agency by phone or fax.
__________________
"Do or do not. There is no fixin' to do." -- Yoda's visit to West Virginia
Thanks to Risaa for the avatar!
robertness is offline  
Old 2007-05-30, 08:20   Link #153
FGSFDS
This is FGSFDSPARTAAA
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: In a barbaric country known as Singapore.
/r/equesting the name of the song played in Episode 6 during the Initial D reference.
__________________
FGSFDS is offline  
Old 2007-05-30, 12:04   Link #154
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGSFDS View Post
/r/equesting the name of the song played in Episode 6 during the Initial D reference.
Its a made up track by the artist behind Lucky Star's musical score, Satoru Kousaki. Its also played in episode 08, for Miyuki's run.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2007-05-30, 18:02   Link #155
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia
Episode 8's ED really took me back. That track was the first I ever taught myself to play (by ear) on piano. ^^;
Asai is offline  
Old 2007-05-30, 22:10   Link #156
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertness View Post
If Oricon works similarly to Billboard, the discrepancies could be the caused by limits in the reporting system. Billboard numbers are based on reports from retailers. Big stores can report daily because their computers can just dump figures to the reporting agency's computers. Smaller stores only report sales weekly because they need a higher degree of manual tabulation and are given to the reporting agency by phone or fax.
This seems the most likely explanation to me. I do know that certain stores advertise themselves as Oricon reporting stores, or words to that effect.

And I think the success of this OP shows that, whatever his deficiencies as an overall director, Yamamoto Yutaka really knows how to make OP/ED animations. Like everything else, it's not as easy as some might think.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline  
Old 2007-05-31, 00:22   Link #157
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
This seems the most likely explanation to me. I do know that certain stores advertise themselves as Oricon reporting stores, or words to that effect.

And I think the success of this OP shows that, whatever his deficiencies as an overall director, Yamamoto Yutaka really knows how to make OP/ED animations. Like everything else, it's not as easy as some might think.
You still can't discount the fact that he seems to know exactly what the people want and his guess payed off remarkably well. The way I see it he didn't comission some masterpiece of music so much as that he connected the dots as to what would sell (Aya Hirano and a Dance theme that evokes images of Hare Hare Yukai from the best anime of all time).

Also I hope he doesn't get lazy now that he's discovered the Key to Success and that he will attempt to evolve his style or try other things if he ever gets another shot.
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2007-05-31, 00:38   Link #158
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
You still can't discount the fact that he seems to know exactly what the people want and his guess payed off remarkably well. The way I see it he didn't comission some masterpiece of music so much as that he connected the dots as to what would sell (Aya Hirano and a Dance theme that evokes images of Hare Hare Yukai from the best anime of all time).

Also I hope he doesn't get lazy now that he's discovered the Key to Success and that he will attempt to evolve his style or try other things if he ever gets another shot.
Must you keep up with this conspiracy theory thing? Why can't you just give the guy his due and move on? Is that just so hard to ask?



On top of that, could you do any better?
__________________



CrowKenobi is offline  
Old 2007-05-31, 00:57   Link #159
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Must you keep up with this conspiracy theory thing? Why can't you just give the guy his due and move on? Is that just so hard to ask?



On top of that, could you do any better?
I did give him his due, I said he called the whole thing perfectly and organized the song to make things work. There's no conspiracy here, just good judgement. I'm just saying I don't think the song is especially well-crafted.

A conspiracy theory by the way would be something like this...Ahem:

2channel representatives and KyoAni employees met in secret to organize the success of Motteke Sailor Fuku. The 2channel representatives promised to organize a mass buying frenzy and a campaign to influence the sales of the Single by posting about it on the message board and spreading the word among peers. In return KyoAni promised to give them a 10% cut off the top of the profits made from the sales of Motteke Sailor Fuku. As a result the sales of Motteke Sailor Fuku were far higher than they would have been otherwise.

That's a conspiracy theory.

Could I do better? I'm in no position to do better, I have no sponsor, no studio, no access to singers. I can't do jack all because I'm not even in the industry. I do know enough about these things though to give an opinion on them as I am a social sciences graduate who has studied business, economics, sociology and psychology. If you look at the culture of Japanese music right now, Idol singers are at the apex of popular music. Kyoto Animation had the most popular idol singer on staff for this project and knew exactly how to put her to use. Plus they knew how popular the Hare Hare Yukai meme was, so with a second chance at gaining a superhit they did another dance theme. They of course were right. Honestly, anybody could have seen the success of this song coming the second it was proposed if they looked at the popular music culture, the name recognition and popular association the song had in its arsenal, but it couldn't have worked as well without all three of those pieces. If you want to see this as a conspiracy theory be my guess, but I prefer to call it an examination of circumstances.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-31 at 01:14.
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2007-05-31, 01:03   Link #160
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I did give him his due, I said he called the whole thing perfectly and organized the song to make things work. There's no conspiracy here, just good judgement. I'm just saying I don't think the song is especially well-crafted.
Except your "giving him his due" wasn't as sincere as it could've been since your "anti-Kyoani & Aya Hirano bias" was still showing through your sarcasm.

__________________



CrowKenobi is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.