AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-05-30, 01:32   Link #1
ILoveKiyone
Theonewhoateyourfunyuns

Location: S.E. Pennsylvania(or in your heart, whichever is warmer)
G4TV: Careening into obscurity

Anybody who's been watching G4TV/G4TechTV/G4/TechTV/ZDTV or WHAT FREAKIN' EVER for more than two years realizes how horrible this monstrosity of a channel has become. As of June 2007, there are only 5 tech-related shows remaining on
G4(six if you count Nocturnal Emissions as a separate show from Cinematech). These shows are as follows: Attack of the Show, X-Play, Street Fury, Cinematech, and Cheat. Star Trek is a great show, but I'd rather not see it on G4, and the same holds true for Cops and Ninja Warrior. The majority of this "plugged-in" channel's programming is no longer sweet and humble gamer television and assorted tech goodness, but instead consists of testosterone-fueled stupidity which is geared towards the knuckle-dragging stupified male youth of America. Being a guy, I do appreciate some fine female tail every now and then, but there's a time and a place for that! Is anyone else out there disappointed with G4TV, and desperate for a newer, more universal source of televised geekery? Let the discussions commence.

Last edited by ILoveKiyone; 2007-05-30 at 02:07.
ILoveKiyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 03:09   Link #2
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Well... it's true that it doesn't really show it's "techy" shows no more, and I do hate those other shows that it releases like Ninja warrior. Other than that I only watch Attack of the Show anyway and X-Play, there's nothing more fun than watching Morgan and Adam criticize game. Cheats is rather boring, since it's like gamefaqs but w/o the vocals.

Overall it's not not that good of a channel, but it has it good points.

What was that show they use to run "Call for Help"? (well before it went to G4tv)

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 03:37   Link #3
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I'm still not quite over the loss of the greatest channel in cable television history even after all these years, and as such the only thing I can still bear to watch on that accursed, flimsy channel is the only show that survived the hostile takeover (XPlay), as AOTS is not only the worst name for a program that I've ever heard, it symbolizes the beginning of the end, being the first show that slithered its way onto TechTV to replace and make us long for The Screen Savers. Now I know how the MTV Generation felt watching their icon of greatness fall slowly into the abyss of complete failure.

Ninja Warrior is a fun show, but frankly has no business being on a show that's supposedly about gaming. Same goes for Star Trek. All that's left for me is to boycott in hopes that it will finally be put out of its misery.
Old 2007-05-30, 12:24   Link #4
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I really miss TechTV. What used to be an excellent source of info and tech fun has now devolved into a crappy version of Spike TV. Nothing good has come out of G4's hostile takeover, period.
Old 2007-05-30, 12:30   Link #5
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I'm starting not to watch too much G4 these days because of some other useless shows like Cheaters, Cops, and Star Trek. Heh, if you ask me they should be removed because not all of these are tech/game related at all. I like the old G4TV before when it's all about games and technology
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 12:56   Link #6
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I like star trek on G4 :x

i been watching the voyager on the spike tv all year so far.

but your right, the rest of the shows have become garbage.

needs more anime. we should make an anime production company and show programing on their channel.

i hate cheaters and cops too.
Old 2007-05-30, 13:37   Link #7
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
i wouldn't know... for some reason i don't get that channel here... i used to when i lived up state, and when i watched it, it was pretty interesting, (this was a while ago though...) even though i hear its crap now, i'd still like to at least have the damn channel....

oh wells...

k thxs
Old 2007-05-30, 14:12   Link #8
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

10 points.
Old 2007-05-30, 17:53   Link #9
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Even when G4//Tech-TV had a full slate of tech-shows it still was obscure as hell...When I had Direct TV I'd have to stumble upon the station to even view it...Eventually I had set the timer on the TV or I'd forget what channel it was to view their anime block...I do give them credit for one thing, they broadcasted Serial Experiments Lain, LAST EXILE, and Soultaker...All 3 very good series--Infinite Ryvius kinda sucked tho...After watching Lain I had to buy it and it's one of my alltime favs, so thanks for that...

LMAO they now air Cheaters' reruns (and I love Cheaters^^), but instesd of using the regular voice-overs, they re-dub it with a surfer dude's voice to make it more G4-ish ....Basically it's a C-List channel if we're being honest here and the reason it has lost alot of programming is because it doesn't have much advertising backing it...
Old 2007-05-31, 10:34   Link #10
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
I don't watch G4TV at all.

I do like watching "A Wedding Story" on TLC and I watch more LRW, WE, and OXYGEN than any other channel.
Princess_of_Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 12:58   Link #11
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Hehe I stopped ever even considering watching G4 when they came out to film during one of our conventions @ work...

I won't go into specifics, but suffice to say the channel had such promise and went way, WAY down the wrong road with it.

I'm a geek, a woman, and a gamer (ok yes, I'm too old to like anime but hush), and it'd be nice to have something for that; that's what I THOUGHT G4 was going to be but obviously it isn't quite up to snuff

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 15:53   Link #12
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
X-Play is the only show worth watching on the network, and perhaps Attack of the show. I'm excluding the non-video game related programs, although Ninja Warrior is bitchin'.