AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-05-09, 05:01   Link #21
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 32
Arrow

I think it will be better to wait until we reach the half-way mark of the season (Ep12). Seems a little premature to have a favourite character(s) poll at this point, when not even half the cast have been introduced yet...

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline  
Old 2007-05-09, 16:42   Link #22
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
How's about a speculation thread about the MMORPG that Konata and the others play? ^_^
Mirrinus is offline  
Old 2007-05-09, 17:19   Link #23
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
How's about a speculation thread about the MMORPG that Konata and the others play? ^_^
I'm only up to Ep 2 so don't think I've noticed this. I'm not sure what the point of the thread would be? Make wild guesses what it might be, how it would play, I'm puzzled as to what the discussion would be about. Is such a topic worthy of discussion? Welcome other viewpoints on this.
xris is offline  
Old 2007-05-09, 17:45   Link #24
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Well, the episode 5 discussion alone has dozens of posts about what kind of MMORPG Konata plays, what character and class would she and the other characters play as, their habits in online gaming (like usage of slang and emoticons in ep. 5), etc. If nothing else, it's just something nerdy and fun for us to wallow in. I trust your own discretion as to whether or not it's a valid topic. Then again, the Kanon forum has a topic devoted to guessing what Akiko's jam was made of, and the Utawarerumono forum has a thread solely for speculating the gender of the archer twins...
Mirrinus is offline  
Old 2007-05-09, 18:08   Link #25
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Well, the episode 5 discussion alone has dozens of posts about what kind of MMORPG Konata plays, what character and class would she and the other characters play as, their habits in online gaming (like usage of slang and emoticons in ep. 5), etc. If nothing else, it's just something nerdy and fun for us to wallow in. I trust your own discretion as to whether or not it's a valid topic. Then again, the Kanon forum has a topic devoted to guessing what Akiko's jam was made of, and the Utawarerumono forum has a thread solely for speculating the gender of the archer twins...
That's fair enough. I'll have a look at the Ep 5 thread and see, I have no objection if it's along the examples you gave (Akiko's Jam and such like). As I mentioned, I haven't got to Ep 5 yet so if someone wishes to suggest an initial post to introduce such a thread, then please go ahead. It might encourage myself or another Mod to create the thread
xris is offline  
Old 2007-05-09, 20:18   Link #26
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I think it will be better to wait until we reach the half-way mark of the season (Ep12). Seems a little premature to have a favourite character(s) poll at this point, when not even half the cast have been introduced yet...

Cheers.
Well, what about one specifically aimed at the "four main girls" of Konata, Kagami, Tsukasa, and Miyuki? Lucky Star revolves around them anyway, so they get the most exposure.
Ascaloth is offline  
Old 2007-05-10, 06:46   Link #27
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Well, what about one specifically aimed at the "four main girls" of Konata, Kagami, Tsukasa, and Miyuki? Lucky Star revolves around them anyway, so they get the most exposure.
That might be a good idea. In practice we usually do multiple choice polls for the Favourite Characters, it would make a change where we have a poll where you can only select your favourite (one) character. Since there are only four main characters it should work.

We can create a Favourite Characters Poll later as well (around the half way point of the series) which can therefore be a multiple choice poll.
xris is offline  
Old 2007-05-10, 06:52   Link #28
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
That might be a good idea. In practice we usually do multiple choice polls for the Favourite Characters, it would make a change where we have a poll where you can only select your favourite (one) character. Since there are only four main characters it should work.

We can create a Favourite Characters Poll later as well (around the half way point of the series) which can therefore be a multiple choice poll.
......so is that a 'yes, let's do it', or a 'let's wait and see'?
Ascaloth is offline  
Old 2007-05-10, 07:30   Link #29
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
It's a "I'll create a Favourite Character Poll in the next day or so" and create a different "Favourite Characters Poll" around the half way point as well.
xris is offline  
Old 2007-05-10, 07:37   Link #30
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
It's a "I'll create a Favourite Character Poll in the next day or so" and create a different "Favourite Characters Poll" around the half way point as well.
Wakarimashita.
Ascaloth is offline  
Old 2007-05-10, 11:01   Link #31
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Italy
Who's your Favourite Lucky Star Main Character ?

Thread created.
__________________
Pellissier is offline  
Old 2007-05-12, 10:30   Link #32
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Nice use of avatars in the poll section!

Anyway, is it time for the episode 6 thread, yet?

__________________



CrowKenobi is offline  
Old 2007-05-16, 12:18   Link #33
Muffinz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
it would be cool if there would be a topic where peeps can tell why they like lucky star o_O


i mean, i watched it and WTF they are talking bout eating chocolate thingie o_O
so im still wondering why its so popular etc
Muffinz is offline  
Old 2007-05-16, 12:30   Link #34
Meophist
Tell me who I am.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinz View Post
it would be cool if there would be a topic where peeps can tell why they like lucky star o_O


i mean, i watched it and WTF they are talking bout eating chocolate thingie o_O
so im still wondering why its so popular etc
This will probably be a question to ask in the general discussion thread. I don't think we need a thread for this.
Meophist is offline  
Old 2007-05-16, 13:11   Link #35
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinz View Post
it would be cool if there would be a topic where peeps can tell why they like lucky star o_O

i mean, i watched it and WTF they are talking bout eating chocolate thingie o_O
so im still wondering why its so popular etc
Sorry but no. It's not a matter worthy of a thread, especially since you can find enough hints of why this series is liked by reading our episode discussion threads. As Meophist suggested, you might even bring that question in the general discussion thread, but that's as far as it might go.
__________________
Pellissier is offline  
Old 2007-05-28, 16:24   Link #36
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 34
I wanted a game thread for Lucky Star as I mentioned on my previous post, but it seems like it's too hard to find, I just hope there will be one soon, but I think it won't come true...so unlucky *sobs*

Unless someone here has the game and is willing to share how it's played
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline  
Old 2007-06-01, 19:45   Link #37
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: bleeghhh
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
I like the idea as it's most likely a topic that can be discussed. How about a more generic Cultural References in Lucky Star thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Hopefully, it would also reduce the number of "false positives" (culture-wide bits that people mistake for being from a particular show) and such... so it wouldn't just be a reference ... obviously some people might dispute entries
At least six others have mentioned it... I'd also like a references thread for Lucky Star because (among other reasons that have already been listed) sometimes it feels like episode threads are being dominated by references instead of the actual episode itself (especially when there are arguments about a particular reference), and it'd be nice IMO if these could be sorted into a different thread altogether.
__________________
Risaa is offline  
Old 2007-06-01, 22:04   Link #38
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
At least six others have mentioned it... I'd also like a references thread for Lucky Star because (among other reasons that have already been listed) sometimes it feels like episode threads are being dominated by references instead of the actual episode itself (especially when there are arguments about a particular reference), and it'd be nice IMO if these could be sorted into a different thread altogether.
And they can take all the Lucky-Star-is-KyoAni-centric-advertising griefing over there, thank you.
Claies is offline  
Old 2007-06-01, 22:19   Link #39
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Is it even possible to talk about an episode without bringing all the reference gimmick in the mix? I've seen episode 1-4 and I don't think I can put into words exactly what transpired in those episodes. A separate thread may be a good idea, but I'm not certain it will rid of reference-centric discussion/argument/"grief" to it's entirety from the episode discussion thread. Or perhaps I need to catch up to the latest episode to understand and to get a better feel for the concern raised to the need for a separate thread?
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline  
Old 2007-06-03, 05:37   Link #40
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
At least six others have mentioned it... I'd also like a references thread for Lucky Star because (among other reasons that have already been listed) sometimes it feels like episode threads are being dominated by references instead of the actual episode itself (especially when there are arguments about a particular reference), and it'd be nice IMO if these could be sorted into a different thread altogether.
To say the truth, I also favor the creation of such a thread. But I'm thinking on how it could be sorted out. Because as Mr. Super kool said above, references discussions are part of the core of regular episode threads so if a new thread is created, it shall have a reason to stand other than discussing references. The main idea would be to make the thread either a reference thread, either a discussion thread.

I was thinking at something like keeping a list of all the references of Lucky Star, starting from episode 1 and to be kept updated until episode 24. Following this reasoning, 2 volunteers would be needed.

1) One person to write the introductory post (it will be the first of the new thread) --> Risaa, would you like to do that? You're a good writer after all

2) One person to keep trace of the references, willing to list them and to keep the list updated. The post would be located at the beginning at the thread as well, to be easily seen.
If there is nobody willing to do that fine, but I'd still like the idea of "references recollection" to be brought ahead in some way. ^^

Of course, the thread will also be used to discuss references, though it won't be necessary to remove them from the episode threads completely.
__________________
Pellissier is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.