AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-06-06, 21:20   Link #61
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Shinn wouldn't have been a better character no matter how he turned out:

Spoiler:
__________________
Copyright © 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 21:25   Link #62
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
It never ceased to amaze me back then how some people back then could've made the mistake of mistaking Kira for Shinn or vice-versa in the Kiracus eyecatch even into episode 4 or 5...
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 23:33   Link #63
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere...
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Shinn wouldn't have been a better character no matter how he turned out:

Spoiler:
Sheesh, what the hell. I blame Morosawa for that. She should be FIRED!!

And what if Shinn is also a bad-ass breakdancing guy like... Ryuutaros...?
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 01:25   Link #64
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
While the regulars already know my debate on Shinn from the nth power (for the newer Gundamfreaks which I have seen proliferating the threads--and I'm glad for that), you can't look at Shinn as a normal anime character...YOU CAN"T DO IT...Despite whatever hate you may garner, you can't ignore this...


Spoiler for The $hit you can't ignore:


SO let Fukuda and his big-budget kill the CE off right in a blockbuster movie, because he doesn't deserve to do another TV series (Because he ruined his own universe in such a way that can't be recovered or repaired in anyway for my money) and whether or not it was totally his fault, he was the man in-charge and the head of Voltron has to take blame for the other lions not growling properly...Hopefully he does a great movie because his biggest defenders have said he's excellent when it comes to this and I'd like to see him prove it...So kill the trilogy talk because it's over...Be happy CE still has an animated spark left...

So Vamoose....
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 03:18   Link #65
hobbes_fan
You could say.....
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post

SO let Fukuda and his big-budget kill the CE off right in a blockbuster movie, because he doesn't deserve to do another TV series (Because he ruined his own universe in such a way that can't be recovered or repaired in anyway for my money) and whether or not it was totally his fault, he was the man in-charge and the head of Voltron has to take blame for the other lions not growling properly...
So Vamoose....
I love this line
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 06:46   Link #66
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
SO let Fukuda and his big-budget kill the CE off right in a blockbuster movie, because he doesn't deserve to do another TV series (Because he ruined his own universe in such a way that can't be recovered or repaired in anyway for my money) and whether or not it was totally his fault, he was the man in-charge and the head of Voltron has to take blame for the other lions not growling properly...Hopefully he does a great movie because his biggest defenders have said he's excellent when it comes to this and I'd like to see him prove it...So kill the trilogy talk because it's over...Be happy CE still has an animated spark left...

So Vamoose....
So not true.

He can pull a Dallas season eight!

__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 08:19   Link #67
LadyMadChan
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
So not true.

He can pull a Dallas season eight!

Lol what does that reference mean?

Anyways, I could see Fukuda ending CE with a bang up movie. On the other hand I could see him using the movie to try to restore his credibility. If its so successful do you reallly think they aren't going to try another? Besides many years ago, they were saying that Seed was supposed to be the last Gundam series and we know how that turned out. Never say never.

Why is everyone saying its going to take a really long time for the movie to come out? I swear it was said it would be coming out by the end of the year? I remember hearing someone about the quality info, but not that they are going to be taking more time? Are people saying its being put off just due to the new series?
LadyMadChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 09:29   Link #68
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The thing is that no release date were ever mentioned. EVER.

It's rational to assume that it won't be released this year though. Look at it this way, Code Geass is easily the current Sunrise non-Gundam money-maker with solid sales and a strong popularity. The upcoming season later this year will without a doubt sell itself.

Meanwhile, being GUNDAM, there's little doubt 00 will recieve loads of HYPE, no questions need to be asked. It's GUNDAM after all, and interviews had stated that they're hoping for 00 to open a pathway to create a new fanbase of high-school boys, etc (( obviously also to girls, it's doroku after all )) which means Bandai has hope for it to be the next cash-cow, hopefully.

And SEED...love it or hate it, everyone has to admit that it's damn popular, be it SEED or GSD to extents where freaking special edition recaps sell like...hot cakes? It literally sells itself.

Unless Sunrise is hoping to give 2007 a triple blockbuster boost into 2008, it's unlikely that they'll clash 3 money-makers at one go.

As for the CE's future post-movie, I'll leave it till I see it. I believe we'll see stuff like Stargazer here and there, using CE's universal presettings under different directors and characters much like Astray in the near future, but whether or not we'll see more of the original cast depends. Fukuda's work range differently, but I've always liked his shows, so I hope he'll continue, but naturally...better. Maybe as OVAs.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 10:00   Link #69
ila-chan
ermmm...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: definitely not here
From all that I've read, its seems that Seed saga is ruined because of one foul mouthed ex-protagonist....
__________________
my life revolves only on these things...

my final year project

my beloved akane the laptop

all bishonen guys ever existed in the history of manga




The rest could just go along with me or go to hell
ila-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 12:05   Link #70
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
May I be daring and declare that I love both SEED and DESTINY? I didn't care if Shinn was flawed (we are being too hard on it, aren't we. Nothing is perfect), I watched Destiny for one goal, the old casts. Period.

For that, I am happy.

As for the movie, sadly, most anime features never entered into the 10 million dollar range (GITS 2 was something of an abomination, going over 20 million US dollars in production), so I will keep my expectations the same level as I do other quality anime OVAs (a la Macross Zero, and speaking of Zeros... ugh, nevermind).

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Löw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Last edited by Tak; 2007-06-07 at 12:15.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 12:15   Link #71
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
I personally think GSD was okay for a series, but for me what made GSD so memorable was not actually the series itself but the battle that took place in suki every week. The GSD ep.34 discussion itself was just wicked.

But anyway, I guess for this sick twisted reason I sort of look forward to a 3rd season of GS. ^^;; But yeah I guess I also watched it for the old cast.
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 12:25   Link #72
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
May I be daring and declare that I love both SEED and DESTINY? I didn't care if Shinn was flawed (we are being too hard on it, aren't we. Nothing is perfect), I watched Destiny for one goal, the old casts. Period.

For that, I am happy.

As for the movie, sadly, most anime features never entered into the 10 million dollar range (GITS 2 was something of an abomination, going over 20 million US dollars in production), so I will keep my expectations the same level as I do other quality anime OVAs (a la Macross Zero, and speaking of Zeros... ugh, nevermind).

- Tak
ill ahve to agree with him, nomattr how many people wyne about Shinn and the ruined GSD , i like the show (except the final plus episode then) and im a Shinn fan.. hate me!
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 12:42   Link #73
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMadChan View Post
Lol what does that reference mean?
Dallas was a VERY popular American TV show back in the 80s.

However, Season 8 was very, very disliked by the fans. Really disliked.

So in order to save their butts, the writers decided to pull the biggest Deus ex machina in the history of American TV... In the last minute of the last episode of the season, one of the main characters wakes up in bed and it turns out all of Season 8 was a dream.

People just dropped their jaws. It totally reversed everything that happened during the season. Dead people came back... It was quite comical. The worst thing was that it left a huge gap in the story. Dallas seasons took place over the course of one year. So the 1981-1982 season took place from 1981-1982. Dates, places, fads, etc. were all featured as if the show was really happening then. Then when Season 8 was just nullified by the deus ex machina it left a one-year gap in the story when season 9 began. No one knew what was going on because, of course, everything that happened in season 8 was just a dream.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 12:51   Link #74
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
While the regulars already know my debate on Shinn from the nth power (for the newer Gundamfreaks which I have seen proliferating the threads--and I'm glad for that), you can't look at Shinn as a normal anime character...YOU CAN"T DO IT...Despite whatever hate you may garner, you can't ignore this...


Spoiler for The $hit you can't ignore:


SO let Fukuda and his big-budget kill the CE off right in a blockbuster movie, because he doesn't deserve to do another TV series (Because he ruined his own universe in such a way that can't be recovered or repaired in anyway for my money) and whether or not it was totally his fault, he was the man in-charge and the head of Voltron has to take blame for the other lions not growling properly...Hopefully he does a great movie because his biggest defenders have said he's excellent when it comes to this and I'd like to see him prove it...So kill the trilogy talk because it's over...Be happy CE still has an animated spark left...

So Vamoose....
You're wrong, WD. Gohan. After Goku "died" to cell, he was the one that should have taken over the fort. But nah, Goku came back better and badder than ever with his SSJ3 and Vegito fusion and kicked so much ass.

And actually, well, in George RR Martin's books, he regularly slaughters main characters =X.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 16:49   Link #75
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere...
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
May I be daring and declare that I love both SEED and DESTINY? I didn't care if Shinn was flawed (we are being too hard on it, aren't we. Nothing is perfect), I watched Destiny for one goal, the old casts. Period.

For that, I am happy.

As for the movie, sadly, most anime features never entered into the 10 million dollar range (GITS 2 was something of an abomination, going over 20 million US dollars in production), so I will keep my expectations the same level as I do other quality anime OVAs (a la Macross Zero, and speaking of Zeros... ugh, nevermind).

- Tak
I'm happy... a little bit. Because I want to have a balance between the 3 characters (Kira, Shinn, Athrun). It's not Shinn's fault why the SEED saga is ruined...
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 22:34   Link #76
cyoti
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
^and to think this guy hasn't watched a microsecond of UC....lol, just lol...

He brags that he's only watched AC and CE...lol
Thats nothing to brag about...
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 01:31   Link #77
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 25
hey despite i did other gundam series that is wing & sd gundam force.

gs is still the gundam series that has really revive the different time era of gundams.

with the movie of gs is coming then a top secret 3rd season, mini gs, etc i see that gs series is the new generation of gundams.
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 01:49   Link #78
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
^that's still .00001 of the real experience that is called Gundam....
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 02:03   Link #79
Iris
OOhhHHNUKE SILO !! GG !!
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
hey despite i did other gundam series that is wing & sd gundam force.

gs is still the gundam series that has really revive the different time era of gundams.

with the movie of gs is coming then a top secret 3rd season, mini gs, etc i see that gs series is the new generation of gundams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
gs series is still going besides there is the fan disc gs supernova.

also fanfic & etc besides there that gs the movie & also 3rd top secret season of gs.

cause the gs is really by far the most emotional, dramatic, feelings, contraverstal, shocking, omg, revolutionize, etc gundam series ever.

that i would even like to see gs remake into a live action tv series or movies!!!
Oho ! This proves you haven't been watching a UC series eh? Well.. you sir lack Gundam experience. Yeep. You should watch some UC and do some comparing >_>

P.S.
I can see that you're no different from your other account of that aeriole is talking about.

Last edited by Iris; 2007-06-08 at 02:14.
Iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 03:08   Link #80
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Returning to my Place as the QUEEN...XD
Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Or maybe Fukuda could have a go at it like here in the Philippines, where LONG dramatic soap operas are given new chapters inorder to please their fans...sometimes to the point that the story gets so muddled up already, and that the major characters suddenly become WTFs for no apparent reason...

@ aeriolewinters and Iris

*sigh*...whatever we say or do D - KLAC would still continue his CE worship to the nth degree...>.<;;
__________________

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.