AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2007-06-08, 21:00   Link #1141
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Based on the most likely canon Gaiden for the StrikerS manga... Let's play the guessing game.

What are the odds we'll see "Lieze" Chrono in StrikerS?

It's TEH MASK! Mecha-homages are NEVER complete without a mask, and Chrono freaking has the Graham/Lieze one!

Probably the additional accesory that came with Durandal when Graham "bribed" Chrono...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 21:04   Link #1142
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Based on the most likely canon Gaiden for the StrikerS manga... Let's play the guessing game.

It's TEH MASK! Mecha-homages are NEVER complete without a mask, and Chrono freaking has the Graham/Lieze one!

Probably the additional accesory that came with Durandal when Graham "bribed" Chrono...
Chrono is succeeding them. Woot! Chrono for the win!
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 21:18   Link #1143
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Well... If you think about it...

The villians seem to be going with the whole 'Arrancar' thingy with their numbers...

... Maybe we'll get a 'Vizards' too
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 23:22   Link #1144
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

I was at a loss as to where to post this. It is far too brief for the Fanfic Thread. Maybe we should have a Jokes & Humour Thread?

[What If...]

Spoiler for tidiness:
Spoiler for tidiness:
Old 2007-06-08, 23:37   Link #1145
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Where did you get the idea from ?

Old 2007-06-08, 23:59   Link #1146
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I was at a loss as to where to post this. It is far too brief for the Fanfic Thread. Maybe we should have a Jokes & Humour Thread?

[What If...]

Spoiler for tidiness:
Spoiler for tidiness:

This one of your aforementioned 'strokes of genius' months ago, right?

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 00:25   Link #1147
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

This one of your aforementioned 'strokes of genius' months ago, right?
Probably...

... And it's very... 'Unexpected'

"Jokes & Humour Thread" huh...

Somebody wanted a Compilation before...
Old 2007-06-09, 01:01   Link #1148
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Where did you get the idea from ?

I had a very, VERY tiring work shift yesterday, and due to all the caffeinated drinks I drank to keep awake, I was rendered insomniac. In an effort to fall asleep, I just started daydreaming about various stuff and this idea came into being.

For the record, I came home at 01:00am, surfed the net till 02:00am and fell asleep around... 04:00am I think, because I saw the clock at 03:30am while going to the kitchen to get a cup of water.

Bleah.
Old 2007-06-09, 01:05   Link #1149
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

But having a humour thread would destroy our legendary Nanoha off-topicness legend!

Well...to be honest, a large number of the energy we once had with the random off-topic cracks and work of arts have made it's place in the OC thread. It's alive and living there, with new OC characters to boot.

Anyway, I posted this in the OC thread, just in case people don't frequent the backlogging OC thread. I made this in acknowledgment of Graham's living legacy in StrikerS...the LEGENDARY MASK!

Random crack. :3

Spoiler for 4koma : the predecessors, present and successors:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 01:19   Link #1150
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I had a very, VERY tiring work shift yesterday, and due to all the caffeinated drinks I drank to keep awake, I was rendered insomniac. In an effort to fall asleep, I just started daydreaming about various stuff and this idea came into being.

For the record, I came home at 01:00am, surfed the net till 02:00am and fell asleep around... 04:00am I think, because I saw the clock at 03:30am while going to the kitchen to get a cup of water.

Bleah.
Ahhh~ One of those Fridays huh...

@Nightengale

You know... When you said random 'crack', I didn't realized how many ways to Interpret that until I read the 'spoiler'
Old 2007-06-09, 01:46   Link #1151
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500 Send a message via Skype™ to USB500
Question

Hello, all thread people.

As you probably notice, I'm currently working on an Ace Combat Zero / Nanoha crossover fan fiction and considering this is an Alternate Universe fan fiction, there are possibilities that some of the elements in both Ace Combat & Nanoha Universe are combined (magic and technology, at least).

The reasons I post this is that some of the questions asked cover aspects in Nanoha Universe such as magic/technology, military, characters, etc. I don't think I can possibly do the same thing in each thread, so I just compile all questions in one common discussion thread.

Note: for those who have played Ace Combat Zero, you might understand some of the terminologies. If not, please visit its Wikipedia page.
  • How is a piece of technology in Nanoha Universe defined as a Weapon of Mass Destruction (or Super Weapon)? If there is one (if it really exists in the first place) how would it function and how would the administration perceive it? I'm referring to Ace Combat Zero's this and this.
  • If aerial combat is inevitable, how would a magic user handle one (close quarter/long-range/support)?
  • Supposed that a war does break out, how is the TSAB going to handle the situation? Are they going to form a paramilitary division or join any existing military branch?

Thank you in advance, and I'm sorry for not providing more questions to be answered. Mods, my apology if I'm not doing it right.
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 09:33   Link #1152
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
  • How is a piece of technology in Nanoha Universe defined as a Weapon of Mass Destruction (or Super Weapon)? If there is one (if it really exists in the first place) how would it function and how would the administration perceive it? I'm referring to Ace Combat Zero's this and this.
Weapon's of Mass destruction would, in TSAB terms, probably mean Lost Logia type technologies. In other words, technologies that can cause dimensional disturbances, destroy entire planets, or at least a great deal of them, probably the power of a nuke would be enough to label them Lost Logia.

Quote:
  • If aerial combat is inevitable, how would a magic user handle one (close quarter/long-range/support)?
Depends on the mage, if it's a close combat type mage (such as Fate or Signum) they will go close combat, while mages like Nanoha will choose range.

Quote:
  • Supposed that a war does break out, how is the TSAB going to handle the situation? Are they going to form a paramilitary division or join any existing military branch?
TSAB is an independant organisation, so theoretically, they would go in alone. Of course, that depends of whether the world knows about the TSAB or not. On planets like earth, they would move in alone, but planets where people know of teh TSAB, I can see them allying themselves to increase the chances of victory.
Old 2007-06-09, 21:44   Link #1153
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500 Send a message via Skype™ to USB500
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Weapon's of Mass destruction would, in TSAB terms, probably mean Lost Logia type technologies. In other words, technologies that can cause dimensional disturbances, destroy entire planets, or at least a great deal of them, probably the power of a nuke would be enough to label them Lost Logia.

Depends on the mage, if it's a close combat type mage (such as Fate or Signum) they will go close combat, while mages like Nanoha will choose range.

TSAB is an independant organisation, so theoretically, they would go in alone. Of course, that depends of whether the world knows about the TSAB or not. On planets like earth, they would move in alone, but planets where people know of teh TSAB, I can see them allying themselves to increase the chances of victory.
These prove to be very useful, especially the first point. Thank you for answering my questions, Keroko. Now waiting for others' response.
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 09:17   Link #1154
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
http://nanoha.com/character/agito.html

Agito character page added. In addition, it seems she calls Zest "danna" (旦那, "master" or "husband", though I'm more inclined to the first meaning) and her title is "Blazing Blade Spirit" (烈火の剣精 Rekka no Kensei). Just as we suspected, she is the same size as Rein, 30 centimetres tall (approx. 1 foot tall).

NanohaWiki says Garyuu is named after the Mitsuoka Galue, but I think we should keep calling him Garyuu as that car itself is named after the Japanese word 我流 (garyuu, "self-taught" or "one's own way"). The name "Galue" also just looks weird.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 09:21   Link #1155
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox View Post
http://nanoha.com/character/agito.html

Agito character page added. In addition, it seems she calls Zest "danna" (旦那, "master" or "husband", though I'm more inclined to the first meaning) and her title is "Blazing Blade Spirit" (烈火の剣精 Rekka no Kensei). Just as we suspected, she is the same size as Rein, 30 centimetres tall (approx. 1 foot tall).
You think that Rein and Agito will end up fighting?
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 10:04   Link #1156
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Heh... 'Danna' ...

*Sound of gears turning...*
Old 2007-06-19, 10:16   Link #1157
LoweGear
Kuso Teitoku
*Graphic Designer

Blazing Blade Spirit huh? Dunno where the blade part comes from, but at least she got herself a cool title.

Got me thinking about "danna" though... maybe Agito was originally Zests...

@ S_K: Technically, they've already fought in 12, with Rein having the upper hand.

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 11:03   Link #1158
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando
有効コードがある票の順位
1位 14票 水銀燈@ローゼンメイデン オーベルテューレ
2位 13票 真紅@ローゼンメイデン オーベルテューレ

3位 11票 柊つかさ@らき☆すた
3位 11票 泉こなた@らき☆すた
3位 11票 翠星石@ローゼンメイデン オーベルテューレ
6位 10票 柊かがみ@らき☆すた
7位 9票 シャマル@魔法少女リリカルなのはStrikerS
7位 9票 ヴィータ@魔法少女リリカルなのはStrikerS
9位 8票 フェイト・T・ハラオウン@魔法少女リリカルなのはStrikerS
9位 8票 リインフォースII@魔法少女リリカルなのはStrikerS
9位 8票 八神はやて@魔法少女リリカルなのはStrikerS
9位 8票 高町なのは@魔法少女リリカルなのはStrikerS
The saimoe registration round is happening and while most of the StrikerS girls are in. They are all behind the cheating green thingy in votes.
Old 2007-06-19, 11:07   Link #1159
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
The saimoe registration round is happening and while most of the StrikerS girls are in. They are all behind the cheating green thingy in votes.
Saimoe huh...

It's that time of the year already? I can hear the wardrums sounding from the distance...
Old 2007-06-19, 11:10   Link #1160
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Saimoe huh...

It's that time of the year already? I can hear the wardrums sounding from the distance...
Get your ears check. it has been beating since March Actually i don't think it die down since last years Final