AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 13 15.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 35.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 24.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.22%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-06-07, 06:04   Link #1361
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
"Omaha Beach" style (or "Muv-luv Alta" style, if you know what I mean).
...
No I don't know what you mean >__>
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 06:08   Link #1362
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
...
No I don't know what you mean >__>
Okay, how about Saving Private Ryan? Medal of Honor?

You know, those incredibly intense, gritty, and exciting death-to-death battles of a centrillion cannon fodders vs a centrillion of the same?

What Nanoha-verse needs is that kind of adrelanine. Sure, Yami no Sho case was nice and dandy and all, but in the worklist of TSAB, it's just another important dangerous case that some other l33t mage elsewhere are also occupied with something of a similar level.

We need something that breaks that where TSAB either collapses bar the main characters, or if TSAB doesn't sortie EVERYONE, they'll lose for sure. :3
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 06:15   Link #1363
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Ahh ~ now I see ~ I wasn't reading it right.
Well a war might be good to break the water, show that Nanoha and co aren't the only ones with l33t skilz I guess.

But unless it's caused by some exterior influence (not Spaghetti) I don't think it's such a good idea. O.o These mass battle things are all about throwing synergy at the viewer ~ no way to do it with Dr. Food.

I think at this point the Spagetti plot is to get us bored stiff of this kind of stuff so when they kick in some bad-arse over powered mages we'll all go w00t ~ (and I'm talking about villain mages)
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 06:18   Link #1364
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
There's another problem with showing more leet mages other than the ones from RF6...

They're going to have to come up with stories and background details about them

Cause you know there would be fans who would demand them...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 06:22   Link #1365
Aaron008R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There's another problem with showing more leet mages other than the ones from RF6...

They're going to have to come up with stories and background details about them

Cause you know there would be fans who would demand them...
Well, considering TSAB's lack of manpower and the 5% only reach AAA...
In any case, I'm all for seeing the Three Legendary Admirals in action.
__________________

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 06:25   Link #1366
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Well, considering TSAB's lack of manpower and the 5% only reach AAA...
In any case, I'm all for seeing the Three Legendary Admirals in action.
I hope not !

Anything outside the war room is a NO-NO!

I would bleed through my eyes should they have to transform...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 06:29   Link #1367
Aaron008R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I hope not !

Anything outside the war room is a NO-NO!

I would bleed through my eyes should they have to transform...
Oi.
Non-main (as in MAIN main hero/ines or villains) characters don't need those. They could just go *flash of light* all set! And besides, they could already be wearing the BJ's in the first place like Chrono and the other field mages.
__________________

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 06:35   Link #1368
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Very Old Badasses Anime Loophole #5 :

Within the context of the universe, they possess the power to revert back to their prime, young ripe age for a short amount of time.

Remember my will-never-happen woes of seeing bishounen Graham? Well, at least give us the 3 Admirals, then.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 06:36   Link #1369
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Oi.
Non-main (as in MAIN main hero/ines or villains) characters don't need those. They could just go *flash of light* all set! And besides, they could already be wearing the BJ's in the first place like Chrono and the other field mages.
Still, I can't imagine it done a 'good' way

But seriously though, being "Admiral of the fleet" or something probably means they won't be seen on the frontlines...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 06:40   Link #1370
An Hero in Disguise
Human
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Currently - Germany
Age: 29
Fighting an army of Drones won't be good enough. I'd like to see more drama, like a civil war caused by inner conflict in TSAB, or interference of another large organization (Church comes to mind). Both sides shoud have their reasons and a lot of people be dying for their beliefs. Would also make certain people think twice before using weapons of mass destruction (or after using them ). Overall atmosphere should show that no matter how good you are personally there're times you're powerless to change global trends.

Anyway the speculation is more fitting for Ep.10 thread
An Hero in Disguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 06:42   Link #1371
Aaron008R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Fighting an army of Drones won't be good enough. I'd like to see more drama, like a civil war caused by inner conflict in TSAB, or interference of another large organization (Church comes to mind). Both sides shoud have their reasons and a lot of people be dying for their beliefs. Would also make certain people think twice before using weapons of mass destruction (or after using them ). Overall atmosphere should show that no matter how good you are personally there're times you're powerless to change global trends.
You reminded me of the several Gundam series. Especially SEED.

Quote:
Anyway the speculation is more fitting for Ep.10 thread
Yeah. The ep. 10 thread is freezing right now. All I managed to do a few minutes ago for the thread was to throw in some random feeble attempt at humor.
__________________

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 06:57   Link #1372
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

Yeah. The ep. 10 thread is freezing right now. All I managed to do a few minutes ago for the thread was to throw in some random feeble attempt at humor.
There is only so much "Loli/Shota/Loli" and "Husband-Wife" jokes that we could poke fun at without getting yelled at after 20 posts
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 07:38   Link #1373
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I hope not !

Anything outside the war room is a NO-NO!

I would bleed through my eyes should they have to transform...
In Mai Otome there was a similar discussion for Miss Maria (90year-old virgin) and they gave her a Katana ~ the only bad side was she kept her voice, would have been so much better if they had changed it.
Meh~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Very Old Badasses Anime Loophole #5 :

Within the context of the universe, they possess the power to revert back to their prime, young ripe age for a short amount of time.

Remember my will-never-happen woes of seeing bishounen Graham? Well, at least give us the 3 Admirals, then.
I don't want them to just loose their umm~ scars.
I want something like chibi's with eye patches *lol* Chibi-Midget
Explanation: They can't fight with their old ~ ahm ~ and small bodies are easier to maintain.

Also ~ shape-shifting might be a possibility. Hmm.. what would those admirals be as animal I wonder ~ Tigers, Panzers.. mmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Anyway the speculation is more fitting for Ep.10 thread
But if a mod won't waste 5s of their life to move it there then better have it here ~ it's not like it makes any difference anyway
And you are not entirely correct, this discussion would be more fitting in the Ep 11 discussion thread, but I don't know why, mods don't bother to create Ep discussion threads in advance in this corner of the forum ~
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 11:37   Link #1374
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Very Old Badasses Anime Loophole #5 :

Within the context of the universe, they possess the power to revert back to their prime, young ripe age for a short amount of time.

Remember my will-never-happen woes of seeing bishounen Graham? Well, at least give us the 3 Admirals, then.
Yeah I agree with Cats. I'd LOVE to see everyone's faces when Midget pulls a "Maria"

But... I still think one of the Admirals is the "Durandal". Great man, a vision that no one believes in, and misguided actions. I've a feeling at the end of the series, our three little girls will take over the power void.

...Oh no. I sense a draft order for MC lolis if that happens...
__________________
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 12:08   Link #1375
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There's another problem with showing more leet mages other than the ones from RF6...

They're going to have to come up with stories and background details about them

Cause you know there would be fans who would demand them...
no not really...maybe just some random facts about them doing whatever to gain their status but i wont want anything extensive...it would be good to see other haxx mages (even if the chances are slim) but mostly i just want to see them die *rawr*

and no...i dont want the wrinklies fighting...that would just make me shiver with pain down below (and above)
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 12:19   Link #1376
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
But... I still think one of the Admirals is the "Durandal". Great man, a vision that no one believes in, and misguided actions. I've a feeling at the end of the series, our three little girls will take over the power void.
We currently have no indication of royalty or anything, but wouldn't be interesting if there was one and .. and .. there's some civil war .. and uhh .. they become important but die out and Nanoha somehow becomes the new queen bee ~
Support for the royalty theory would be the fact that there is no indication of a government/president at all ~ suspicious
Here's hoping for mysterious alien/ancient enemy.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 20:52   Link #1377
gouf 1/2
~ Get set!
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Quoted from a blog.

"Lawl at Nanoha though, she’s can’t fathom the idea of someone not liking her, she looked so desperate pleading to Teana as Vita struggled to drag her back into the cargo bay XD"

I agree. Nanoha will get desperate at anyone that doesn't become her friend.
yes, Nanoha is way too innocent and nice

Spoiler for episode:
__________________


"Shion, will adding pain complete me?"

Last edited by gouf 1/2; 2007-06-09 at 11:38.
gouf 1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 08:50   Link #1378
Chi-no
Light & Dark User
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the world
A nice esp. Glad to see what happened to Nanoha back then lke in the manga that appeared her been hurt badly.

It shows that not all are immortal. I am even beginning to like this anime already.
__________________
"I stand in between the Light and Darkness "
Chi-no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 20:20   Link #1379
gouf 1/2
~ Get set!
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-no View Post
A nice esp. Glad to see what happened to Nanoha back then lke in the manga that appeared her been hurt badly.

It shows that not all are immortal. I am even beginning to like this anime already.
lol Nanoha was like... "Cant touch this..." in the few episodes

Spoiler for Episode:
__________________


"Shion, will adding pain complete me?"
gouf 1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.