AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-06-13, 09:41   Link #1
whitewater_81
...sigh...
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: S.O.S Brigade Clubroom
Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Talking Pls. recommend some harem/school/romance mangas/anime...umm..more like Ichigo 100%.=)

Hey guys!I'll just get to the point then, I've been saving up money so that i could buy tons of mangas & anime especially in the upcoming Toy/Anime convention here in Manila(Philippines) and I was hoping you guys could give me some Manga/anime titles that will really touch my heart which was just recently done by Ichigo 100%(manga). Great story BTW. Anyways, my type would be harem/romance/drama(i'm a sucker for tear-jerkers especially if its about love)/comedy/school-life manga which definitely where Ichigo 100% falls and of course, a little ecchi won't hurt. Oh yeah, here's some of the anime/mangas i've already finished:

EDIT:Gotta add some more
-Ichigo 100% (anime & manga)
-Suzuka (anime & manga[still on going])
-Suzumiya Haruhi (anime & manga)
-Honey & clover 1 & 2 (anime)
-Midori no Hibi (anime)
-I's Pure(anime) <----seems like the manga is good also..waddaya guys think?
-Full Metal Panic (anime)
-Peto-peto san (anime)
-Mahoraba (anime & manga)
-School Rumbel (anime)
-Lovehina(anime & manga)
-Onegai Sensei & Onegai Twins (anime)
-GTO (anime)

I like manga more than anime, but i still need anime you know.hehe. So please do recommend if ya have anytin' in mind

Any recommendation would be much appreciated.Hope you guys could help me out!!

P.S. - Pls specify if it's manga or anime you are suggesting..


THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
__________________

Last edited by whitewater_81; 2007-06-13 at 20:33.
whitewater_81 is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 12:10   Link #2
Kaiko
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Since Ichigo is like one of the major Harems, I think this would suit you.

Ai Yori Aoishi
Ai Yori Aoshi ~Enishi~

Romance/Harem. One of the rare animes where the guy and girl hook up in the beginning rather then in the end
Kaiko is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 13:05   Link #3
mdauben
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a world all my own
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewater_81 View Post
Anyways, my type would be harem/romance/drama(i'm a sucker for tear-jerkers especially if its about love)/comedy/school-life manga which definitely where Ichigo 100% falls and of course, a little ecchi won't hurt.
I agree with the previous poster, I think Ai Yori Aoshi & Ai Yori Aoshi ~Enishi~ may be just what you want. It's got everything you are looking for (harem, romance, drama, a little "fanservice" and especially in the second season there are some very tearful scenes). Both the anime and manga are good.

Another series that might appeal to you (sorry, I don't know about their licence status in the Philippines, so I'm not sure it they will be available to you or not) is Da Capo (first season). This is another harem romance with some good comedy moments, but also with some very dramatic episodes in the second half of the season, and more than one scene that got me a little weepy. I've only seen the anime and I'm not even sure of there is a manga version?
mdauben is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 19:21   Link #4
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Indonesia
Age: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Oh you're just the same with me, then here my list, try it :

ToHeart
ToHeart 2 - Much better than the first.
Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love~
D.C.S.S. ~Da Capo Second Season~ - well, why don't watch the second after the first?
Nagasarete Airantou
Sister Princess - Animation quality very poor compared to the game.
Sister Princess RePure - Much better
School Rumble & School Rumble Nigakki - Would make you rofl.
Shuffle & Shuffle Memories
Kanon (2006) - Don't forget this. This is VERY good.
Air - Warning! Tragic romance story!
Girls Bravo - Echhi
Green Green - Echhi
I My Me! Strawberry Eggs
Love Hina - What offcourse!
Negima !! and Negima !? - Wow
Please! Teacher and Please! Twins - Rather ecchi. But nice.

Sorry for not posting enouh information. But you can find out for it at AniDB or AnimeNewsNetwork.

Oh and try to take a look at this thread :
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=49048
I think it's have something quite similiar to ichigo 100% (in term of ecchi/comedy/romance)
__________________

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 20:26   Link #5
whitewater_81
...sigh...
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: S.O.S Brigade Clubroom
Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiko View Post
Since Ichigo is like one of the major Harems, I think this would suit you.

Ai Yori Aoishi
Ai Yori Aoshi ~Enishi~

Romance/Harem. One of the rare animes where the guy and girl hook up in the beginning rather then in the end
Thanks.I've already seen Ai Yori Aoishi but not Ai Yori ~Enishi~ yet.I'ma try that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post

Another series that might appeal to you (sorry, I don't know about their licence status in the Philippines, so I'm not sure it they will be available to you or not) is Da Capo (first season). This is another harem romance with some good comedy moments, but also with some very dramatic episodes in the second half of the season, and more than one scene that got me a little weepy. I've only seen the anime and I'm not even sure of there is a manga version?
Don't worry about the licensing here in the Philippines coz there NONE!lol. So just type away if ya have sumtin' in mind.


Quote:
Originally Posted by furuno View Post
Oh you're just the same with me, then here my list, try it
ToHeart
ToHeart 2 - Much better than the first.
Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love~
D.C.S.S. ~Da Capo Second Season~ - well, why don't watch the second after the first?
Nagasarete Airantou
Sister Princess - Animation quality very poor compared to the game.
Sister Princess RePure - Much better
School Rumble & School Rumble Nigakki - Would make you rofl.
Shuffle & Shuffle Memories
Kanon (2006) - Don't forget this. This is VERY good.
Air - Warning! Tragic romance story!
Girls Bravo - Echhi
Green Green - Echhi
I My Me! Strawberry Eggs
Love Hina - What offcourse!
Negima !! and Negima !? - Wow
Please! Teacher and Please! Twins - Rather ecchi. But nice.

Oh and try to take a look at this thread :
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=49048
Thanks man.I'ma try them all!!srsly.BTW are these animes you're recommending or their manga?Just wundrin'!

Peace all!
__________________
whitewater_81 is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 20:44   Link #6
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Indonesia
Age: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
if you can get both of them... then both... hehe... but i write em with anime in my mind
__________________

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 21:35   Link #7
Michael Hopcroft
Embarrassed!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Portland, OR USA
Age: 51
Send a message via AIM to Michael Hopcroft
If you were looking for something somewhat more serious than the typical harem show (not to mention more complex) you might consider the shoujo classics Marmalade Boy and Hana Yori Dango (released in North America as Boys Before Flowers).

MB's relationships are legendary for their complexity and depth, not to mention the fact that several characters end up breaking major social taboos and paying a heavy price for doing so, while others (like the infamous Odd Quad of parents whose utterly irresponsible actions start the whole mess) are able to do incredibly outrageous things and get away with them scot-free. Plus, the heroine is the prototypical "dosio girl" (whose lack of self-confidence gets her into more trouble than displaying some confidence would have) and the hero bears massive guilt over something he had no control over and unintentionally makes everyone suffer because of it (in short, he's taken the stupidest prejudice on Earth, aimed it at himself, and thrust it into his heart like a dagger). There is no truer example in anime of the truism that "A comedy is a tragedy that's happening to someone else".

Hana Yori Dango is like a harem show in reverse, in which a strong-willed young woman finds that multiple equally-strong-willed men are competing over her and complicating her life. However, it isn't a comedy -- it is a very serious drama wit real and high emotional stakes.
__________________
Michael Hopcroft is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 21:43   Link #8
Korean_boi
BBOY
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Korean_boi
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...t=47619&page=3

massive list, especially on this page

check out the rest of the thread

lots of appealing suggestions that are palatable to your request in suggestions
Korean_boi is offline  
Old 2007-06-14, 06:35   Link #9
whitewater_81
...sigh...
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: S.O.S Brigade Clubroom
Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hopcroft View Post
MB's relationships are legendary for their complexity and depth, not to mention the fact that several characters end up breaking major social taboos and paying a heavy price for doing so, while others (like the infamous Odd Quad of parents whose utterly irresponsible actions start the whole mess) are able to do incredibly outrageous things and get away with them scot-free. Plus, the heroine is the prototypical "dosio girl" (whose lack of self-confidence gets her into more trouble than displaying some confidence would have) and the hero bears massive guilt over something he had no control over and unintentionally makes everyone suffer because of it (in short, he's taken the stupidest prejudice on Earth, aimed it at himself, and thrust it into his heart like a dagger). There is no truer example in anime of the truism that "A comedy is a tragedy that's happening to someone else".
Wow!Sounds fantastic!It also shows in animenewsnetwork that the manga has a nice reputation!Better try it then!Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korean_boi View Post
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...t=47619&page=3

massive list, especially on this page

check out the rest of the thread
wow!nice thread you have there!Looks like i'm gonna try them all! Thank you!

BUT STILL!!!I WANT MORE!!!!Please guys keep this thread going!I'm just desperate for this school-life/harem/romance/comedy shows!Please and thank you!
__________________
whitewater_81 is offline  
Old 2007-06-14, 07:18   Link #10
Dr1ft3r
Suspended In Shadows
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Age: 25
try Girls Bravo.
Dr1ft3r is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.