AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-14, 14:19   Link #1
~sun~bear~
success is but a dream

school life/magical girl/romance

I've watched card captor sakura and I love it. so i was wondering if there was any other anime by those categories. I would prefer newer anime with the better picture if you know what i mean. i dont really know how to describe it. I really dont like all that girly girly stuff where their all over the boy either as a friend or more. I prefer it to be subtle. Suggestions are very very helpful to me and thanks in advance.

~sun~bear~
Old 2007-06-14, 14:37   Link #2
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~sun~bear~ View Post
I've watched card captor sakura and I love it. so i was wondering if there was any other anime by those categories.
One series that really reminded me of CCS was Angelic Layer. This may be becuase the original story was done by the same group (CLAMP) as did CCS! The story is different, but you will notice some definetly similarities in some of the characters and situations.

Beyond that, there are a lot of "magical girl" series out there. One that I have enjoyed is the Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha series (currently on it's third season). It takes the basic "magical girl" concept and makes is a bit less... girley? There is still a definite focus on friends and relationships, but more emphais on fighting and is a little less "sweetness and light" than many other "magical girl" series.

Another possible "magical girl" title might be Shakugan no Shana. It is even more along the spectrum from shoujo (girl' story) to shounen (guy story) than MSLN, and there is little or no "sweetness and light" in Shana, but there is lots of fighting and a definite relationship between the two main characters.

Last edited by mdauben; 2007-06-14 at 15:03.
Old 2007-06-14, 14:49   Link #3
mrboldy

Zero no Tsukaima - magical girl/comedy
Old 2007-06-14, 15:23   Link #4
Korean_boi
BBOY

Send a message via AIM to Korean_boi
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=47619

trillions

just look here.
Old 2007-06-14, 15:34   Link #5
DanielSong39

Magikano? It certainly turns the concept of "high school romance" on its head.
Old 2007-06-14, 15:37   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

In the magical girl genre, I recommend Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu (known in English as Tweeny Witches), a beautifully-animated series by Studio 4C with a very dark story. Although it has 40 episodes, each is only 10 minutes long, so the entire series is about the equivalent of a regular 13-episode program. Sadly the promised sequel has never materialized.
Old 2007-06-14, 19:04   Link #7
miaka

If you love CCS, then you should watch Tsubasa Chronicle. However, it is more on adventure side and no school life setting.
other school life magic girl romance .... you might consider...
sugar sugar rune -- first half seems to be ordinary but the romantic part sparked in the middle of the series to the end.
kamichama karin - currently ongoing.
Closed Thread