AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-06-17, 10:23   Link #2061
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I might ask for her combat data later. But for now, I'm concentrating on her, Aurion and Kha's conversation about the two extremes, and some rather amusing/embarrassing situations. I'll do borrowing your characters justice with some interaction humor!
Can't wait to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
*notes down*
I should proably expand on that a little bit, Keroko's shields are weaker then the other Aces'. They are still usefull, but in order to get a shield as powerfull as Nanoha's, for example, Keroko will have to focus all her energy into keeping that shield up, practically making her a turtle: Good defense, but if you can't retaliate it's only a matter of time before they crack the shield. Combined with her unnatural reflexes and 'battle sense', it's a better choice she dodges whatever the enemy throws at her. That's why she prefers airborne combat, no objects to get in the way of flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
They are quite similar in those respects true (Mai's profile was somewhat influenced by Keroko there ). Would be interesting to know how a meeting between Keroko and Mai would turn out...
Having someone use your work is the best kind of compliment

Keroko would probably be more aware of the tainted Linker Core, due to her own experience, and would try to befriend Mai ASAP. I'm thinking Keroko would consider Mai to her how Nanoha considered Fate during the first season: Someone in who she can recognize a part of herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
And bringing in demons through the Immaterium? I sure hope the Nurgle, Slaanesh, Tzeentch and Khorne aren't present
Summoning chaos gods?! That doesn't even happen in the 40k universe!

I mean, I'm okay with a Great Unclean One, but Nurgle himself would land Kha in the XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX mage rank (yes, chaos gods are that powerful).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
"I can feel The Warp overtaking me!"
"It is a good pain!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Smith: Binds?
Wesson: I LOVE BINDS!!!
*Chainsaw revs
*
Do they know Chrono?

...

Just a question.
__________________
Keroko is offline  
Old 2007-06-17, 10:33   Link #2062
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I should proably expand on that a little bit, Keroko's shields are weaker then the other Aces'. They are still usefull, but in order to get a shield as powerfull as Nanoha's, for example, Keroko will have to focus all her energy into keeping that shield up, practically making her a turtle: Good defense, but if you can't retaliate it's only a matter of time before they crack the shield. Combined with her unnatural reflexes and 'battle sense', it's a better choice she dodges whatever the enemy throws at her. That's why she prefers airborne combat, no objects to get in the way of flight.
Which also the reason why other than Fate, Keroko can pace Kha quite well when chasing him all over the place if she's in the mood for some chain-ICB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Summoning chaos gods?! That doesn't even happen in the 40k universe!

I mean, I'm okay with a Great Unclean One, but Nurgle himself would land Kha in the XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX mage rank (yes, chaos gods are that powerful).
I'm sure there's a difference between opening the door to a god and the god just banging it down on his own when determining someone's summoning rank.

And that's also provided Sophia and Kha survive it. If they do:

Kha: The good news is, we're alive.
Sof: The bad news is...

(both knights look up at the giant beast)

Both:

Btw, I hope Nighty doesn't miss Kha's visualization aids.
__________________
Kha is offline  
Old 2007-06-17, 10:41   Link #2063
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Which also the reason why other than Fate, Keroko can pace Kha quite well when chasing him all over the place if she's in the mood for some chain-ICB.
*whistles idly*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I'm sure there's a difference between opening the door to a god and the god just banging it down on his own when determining someone's summoning rank.

And that's also provided Sophia and Kha survive it. If they do:

Kha: The good news is, we're alive.
Sof: The bad news is...

(both knights look up at the giant beast)

Both:

Btw, I hope Nighty doesn't miss Kha's visualization aids.
Well, let me put it this way, remember the fall of the Eldar? How they were once the greatest of races, imortallity, greatest pleasures, stars lived and died at their command blah blah blah, and now they are only a shred of their former existence?

That was because of the birth of Slaanesh.

That's right, just the birth of a chaos god send an entire race into near extincion. Imagine what he would do if he decided to do a bit more then just being born...

That's why I don't like the idea of any OC being able to summon a chaos god. These guys are simply too powerful. But then again, they are called gods for a reason.
__________________
Keroko is offline  
Old 2007-06-17, 10:42   Link #2064
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The images are good enough. Besides, it's not like I have space to draw Sakurazaki in it, since it IS Yuuno-centric, only with a 2nd banana to add to background space.

Well, we can always have the ORE NO TAN! mixed into actual Nanoha-verse if we're going to be a little picky on summonings. The Game of Darkness thingy of YGO is pretty much like Reinforce's black blob of mental-reality altering powers anyway.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline  
Old 2007-06-17, 10:45   Link #2065
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I posted it before. But I've found better ones since. The anime one sucked, but Kha's armor looked just like this:
Spoiler for Kha:
Did that help? I can put up more specific examples if you want.
Talk about inspirations...

Smith/Wesson: *sees Kha* Chairman?!

I admit, wasn't too fond of the Casshern design at first, but seeing it whole made me appreciate it a bit more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
@Lowe: Yes, it was part of my theme of contradiction for Kha. To save a life means to not save another. And to save the world, you might have to do something drastic...

And this chainsaw thing got me thinking... How's Mai with horror movies? She must love the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
More Shiro And sometimes, you'll have to fight fire with fire

And Mai? Horror movies are her specialty, to the point of being jaded (almost nothing scares her anymore). She won't share it, but she knows the Survival Guide to Horror Movies by heart ("If you see that it's just the cat, ready your weapon" ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I should proably expand on that a little bit, Keroko's shields are weaker then the other Aces'. They are still usefull, but in order to get a shield as powerfull as Nanoha's, for example, Keroko will have to focus all her energy into keeping that shield up, practically making her a turtle: Good defense, but if you can't retaliate it's only a matter of time before they crack the shield. Combined with her unnatural reflexes and 'battle sense', it's a better choice she dodges whatever the enemy throws at her. That's why she prefers airborne combat, no objects to get in the way of flight.
Impenetrable defense at the cost of mobility, yup big trouble in an environment where there's nowhere to run or hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
Having someone use your work is the best kind of compliment

Keroko would probably be more aware of the tainted Linker Core, due to her own experience, and would try to befriend Mai ASAP. I'm thinking Keroko would consider Mai to her how Nanoha considered Fate during the first season: Someone in who she can recognize a part of herself.


Also noted that Keroko's more of a listener as well... and since Mai runs a listening service, and probably wouldn't talk as much... I'm not sure how a convo between these two would work out. Silence maybe? And Kindred Spirits would be a good development tool for Mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
Summoning chaos gods?! That doesn't even happen in the 40k universe!

I mean, I'm okay with a Great Unclean One, but Nurgle himself would land Kha in the XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX mage rank (yes, chaos gods are that powerful).
... At least we can summon Greater Daemons then?

Although my image of the "Balrog-Class" Demon Mai turned into is based off this:

Yep, This Thing.

Mai, a potential disciple of Khorne?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
Do they know Chrono?

...

Just a question.
Who knows...
__________________

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline  
Old 2007-06-17, 10:57   Link #2066
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
And Mai? Horror movies are her specialty, to the point of being jaded (almost nothing scares her anymore). She won't share it, but she knows the Survival Guide to Horror Movies by heart ("If you see that it's just the cat, ready your weapon" ).
Keroko hates horror movies, mainly because she doesn't want to watch them, but once she starts she can't stop.

Artherion would wholeheartly agree with the SGHM, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Impenetrable defense at the cost of mobility, yup big trouble in an environment where there's nowhere to run or hide
*cough*narrow corridor*cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Also noted that Keroko's more of a listener as well... and since Mai runs a listening service, and probably wouldn't talk as much... I'm not sure how a convo between these two would work out. Silence maybe? And Kindred Spirits would be a good development tool for Mai
Well she can start a conversation, it's just that when people are around her talking about all sorts of things she will usually be content to sit with them and enjoy listening to the conversation. Unless a point of interest comes up, or she is drawn into the conversation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
... At least we can summon Greater Daemons then?
Considering they can't kill a galaxy by sneezing on it, yes, they're a lot safer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Although my image of the "Balrog-Class" Demon Mai turned into is based off this:

Yep, This Thing.

Mai, a potential disciple of Khorne?
Khorne > any chaos god when it comes to demons (Bloodthirster For The Win!).

Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

*cough*

Though it'd be interesting to see Kha try and explain the concept of collateral damage to a group of Bloodletters.
__________________
Keroko is offline  
Old 2007-06-17, 11:01   Link #2067
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Well, let me put it this way, remember the fall of the Eldar? How they were once the greatest of races, imortallity, greatest pleasures, stars lived and died at their command blah blah blah, and now they are only a shred of their former existence?

That was because of the birth of Slaanesh.

That's right, just the birth of a chaos god send an entire race into near extincion. Imagine what he would do if he decided to do a bit more then just being born...

That's why I don't like the idea of any OC being able to summon a chaos god. These guys are simply too powerful. But then again, they are called gods for a reason.
(does a Satashi) No one is summoning Gods! -flails some more-

I was saying, what Sophia's doing is summoning a link to the Immaterium for Kha to draw the mana there directly. HOWEVER, daemons and Eredar can sense this portal, like how they smell Psykers from a mile off, and try and force their way through. Theoretically, Kha and Sophia should be torn to pieces if they break through, resealing the bridge and locking the gods away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
The images are good enough. Besides, it's not like I have space to draw Sakurazaki in it, since it IS Yuuno-centric, only with a 2nd banana to add to background space.
It was to be clear. Looking forward to it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Talk about inspirations...

Smith/Wesson: *sees Kha* Chairman?!

I admit, wasn't too fond of the Casshern design at first, but seeing it whole made me appreciate it a bit more

More Shiro And sometimes, you'll have to fight fire with fire

And Mai? Horror movies are her specialty, to the point of being jaded (almost nothing scares her anymore). She won't share it, but she knows the Survival Guide to Horror Movies by heart ("If you see that it's just the cat, ready your weapon" ).
Kha does expound on theories about offensively asserting the right to self-defence, which is a play on his "offensive shielding" combat strat. At least he'll balk at the idea of a Destiny plan.

And... more Shiro.

I hope Scary Movie can scare her with the brainlessness.
__________________
Kha is offline  
Old 2007-06-17, 11:03   Link #2068
Aaron008R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philippines
@Keroko: I just had a sudden thought. Is Keroko-chan claustrophobic?
__________________

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline  
Old 2007-06-17, 11:10   Link #2069
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
(does a Satashi) No one is summoning Gods! -flails some more-

I was saying, what Sophia's doing is summoning a link to the Immaterium for Kha to draw the mana there directly. HOWEVER, daemons and Eredar can sense this portal, like how they smell Psykers from a mile off, and try and force their way through. Theoretically, Kha and Sophia should be torn to pieces if they break through, resealing the bridge and locking the gods away.
Ah, okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
@Keroko: I just had a sudden thought. Is Keroko-chan claustrophobic?
Not really, but she does hate to be caught in a large crowd of people. She likes to move at her own pace, not the pace forced upon her by a crowd.
__________________
Keroko is offline  
Old 2007-06-17, 11:24   Link #2070
Aaron008R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Not really, but she does hate to be caught in a large crowd of people. She likes to move at her own pace, not the pace forced upon her by a crowd.
Ah, I see...

Kha: About Sakura, is it alright for you if she calls Aurion 'Hakase-chan?' Or maybe you could suggest another nickname from your device.
I've already written about the first part of the RF6 base visit scenario, complete with mysterious reactions and a rather hilarious situation.
And by the way, when the Whispers kick in, which eye changes color? And it turns red, right?
__________________

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline  
Old 2007-06-17, 11:29   Link #2071
An Hero in Disguise
Human
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Currently - Germany
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
For Kha, I wonder if it'll be too h4xx to say that AO has no control over divine aether threads? Case in point: From WoW, a major inspiration for Kha's Holy Velka skills, Holy damage is normally low, but there's no +Resistance stat for it. A mortal can't stop the hand of God so to speak. This makes Kha's shields, buffs and siegels immune to Flow Manipulation, and how his barrier-piercing attacks are very effective. As it is, half of the Siegels' Urteil ignore protection.

Which brings us to the nerfing point: low DPS. As decreed by the God Empress, no man shalt hurt thy brother unless judged guilty. Most of Kha's divine damage is dealt in magic damage non-lethal to humans, so while he can bust armor, rip protection and tear through machines and aliens just like the other Aces, comparatively little does permanent damage to the flesh. He could knock people out pretty quickly, so his usual method of approach is to reversibly maim/disable then impose the full "Confession" bind while they're down to be arrested.

Only a charged Leutendes Licht burns through flesh in one shot, but like Spearengriff, the charged variation is more of a sniping attack.

Which is why Schneiderform is h4xx. I believe it is time to reveal this vile trump:

Spoiler for Schneiderform Knight Armor:

Note that AO has control over this black mana, so Schneiderform would be countered by Flow Manipulation.

Also, Kha can see the threads being manipulated, due to his Whispers, but cannot interfere. Only Sakura and Sakura Zaki, being emissary-designates of the divine, can fully counter the thread manipulation blow for blow by using divine wil to revoke the order imposed onto the threads, but it'll be a battle of wills between her/her and AO in this case.

How intense; Kha VS Serge would be a battle at every level, from mages, right down their Devices. In these type of anime fights, nothing around the combatants ever survive in one piece.
I wouldn't consider it too h4x if AO had no control over divine magic. Except Flow Manipulation Serge has access to regular Mid-Childian magic as well, being currently AAA ranked at that, and he can use both simultaneously if he really needs it. (BTW cheers how nobody mentioned a plothole with Serge using Flight magic and Manipulation freely at the same time Later I made a remark implying that Flight is completely taken care of by AO if it's in its sealed form) Now what's interesting is whether Serge's Manipulator moves don't interact with divine magic completely or the interaction changes to another level - will divine shields block Aether Slasher? Will Serge's defensive moves be effective? So basically does the absence of control mean the absence of interaction as well or not?

Seeing the threads being manipulated is alright Battle for the control over the very magic particles on the level of Devices looks interesting too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
- Note: Flow manipulation or any form of time-space-magic distortion will not apply with a Key Device Keeper in action- keep in mind that these devices hold the multiverse's 'default' setting- any manipulation will be countered with a reset of the field- each time. Luckily Kyla, Ashton, Rurika and Nonaha did not unlock their device's 'defaulting' function as of now.

As you have noted in the previous skirmish, Ashton's summons were immune to some spells.
default aux mode for the win!
Heh, do you have a more thorough explanation of the multiverse and the role of Key Devices? Because we can possibly run into another paradox in the future with some parts of my little plot for AO. Kha could probably guess what I'm talking about Because it's exactly the 'default' setting I'm messing with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Yes it is. It's haxx at it's best.
I considered counterattack type of the h4xx rather as disadvantage (at least against Serge, because he's going to use mostly counterattacks himself, and moreover should be able to understand that the opponent prepared a trap due to Aether Insight).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Summoning chaos gods?! That doesn't even happen in the 40k universe!

I mean, I'm okay with a Great Unclean One, but Nurgle himself would land Kha in the XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX mage rank (yes, chaos gods are that powerful).
I wouldn't call "accidentally luring due to overuse of forbidden powers" summoning And the "summoner" will probably be the first to suffer too
An Hero in Disguise is offline  
Old 2007-06-17, 11:31   Link #2072
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Ah, I see...

Kha: About Sakura, is it alright for you if she calls Aurion 'Hakase-chan?' Or maybe you could suggest another nickname from your device.
I've already written about the first part of the RF6 base visit scenario, complete with mysterious reactions and a rather hilarious situation.
And by the way, when the Whispers kick in, which eye changes color? And it turns red, right?
Hakase-tan sounds fine. I'm thinking that she calls Chario "Shari-shari".

It's the right eye, and it turns blue from brown (Kha's magic color). Up to you to keep the Geass wings, after all, it was CC who taught Kha how to do the Whisperscan, like how she gave Z--

*Flying pizza >> Kha*

@An Hero: The directed divine shield "Blessing of Protection" would hold out against aether attacks, but like any normal shield, repeat attacks wear it out. However, it is cheap and spammable. The practically invincible self-surround Gotteliches Schield has a 15s duration, and being a favor granted by the Naaru, there is a 2 min "cooldown" before the next one can be requested. Wachter-Engel has a very large absorbance and can expand till its very big, but its high in mana cost, and has a 10 min cooldown.

Serge's defences would pose a bigger challenge to Kha's barrier breakers since they were built stronger at the fundamental level, so Serge should be able to hold out better than other mages too.
__________________

Last edited by Kha; 2007-06-17 at 11:43.
Kha is offline  
Old 2007-06-17, 11:36   Link #2073
Aaron008R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
I wouldn't consider it too h4x if AO had no control over divine magic. Except Flow Manipulation Serge has access to regular Mid-Childian magic as well, being currently AAA ranked at that, and he can use both simultaneously if he really needs it. (BTW cheers how nobody mentioned a plothole with Serge using Flight magic and Manipulation freely at the same time Later I made a remark implying that Flight is completely taken care of by AO if it's in its sealed form) Now what's interesting is whether Serge's Manipulator moves don't interact with divine magic completely or the interaction changes to another level - will divine shields block Aether Slasher? Will Serge's defensive moves be effective? So basically does the absence of control mean the absence of interaction as well or not?

Seeing the threads being manipulated is alright Battle for the control over the very magic particles on the level of Devices looks interesting too
Hwaaaaaa! Yarareta. I'll explain later.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Hakase-tan sounds fine. I'm thinking that she calls Chario "Shari-shari".

It's the right eye, and it turns blue from brown (Kha's magic color). Up to you to keep the Geass wings, after all, it was CC who taught Kha how to do the Whisperscan, like how she gave Z--

*Flying pizza >> Kha*
Thanks! That cleared up some things. I wonder if I should do a little skip to make the situation even more enigmatic.
__________________

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline  
Old 2007-06-17, 11:38   Link #2074
An Hero in Disguise
Human
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Currently - Germany
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Hwaaaaaa! Yarareta. I'll explain later.
Now that was an interesting reaction

EDIT:

BTW AO's control over magic particles isn't absolute in its current state indeed. It may have some troubles encountering other beings with similar powers.
An Hero in Disguise is offline  
Old 2007-06-17, 11:45   Link #2075
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Now that was an interesting reaction
*Imagines Chibi-AO and Chibi-Sakura playing tug-o-war with an Aether thread, and their mages in the background sweat-dropping*

__________________
Kha is offline  
Old 2007-06-17, 11:48   Link #2076
An Hero in Disguise
Human
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Currently - Germany
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
*Imagines Chibi-AO and Chibi-Sakura playing tug-o-war with an Aether thread, and their mages in the background sweat-dropping*

Are we spoiling AO humanoid form here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
@An Hero: The directed divine shield "Blessing of Protection" would hold out against aether attacks, but like any normal shield, repeat attacks wear it out. However, it is cheap and spammable. The practically invincible self-surround Gotteliches Schield has a 15s duration, and being a favor granted by the Naaru, there is a 2 min "cooldown" before the next one can be requested. Wachter-Engel has a very large absorbance and can expand till its very big, but its high in mana cost, and has a 10 min cooldown.

Serge's defences would pose a bigger challenge to Kha's barrier breakers since they were built stronger at the fundamental level, so Serge should be able to hold out better than other mages too.
I see, so physically the spells do interact, just Flow Manipulation can't influence the divine magic like it does with regular spells. So if against a regular shield an aether attack rather dispels it (fully or partially) than breaks, against a divine shield it'll face a solid barrier needed to be overcome by force, right? (and speaking about force Serge's direct aether attacks mostly aren't that powerful)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW any more info on SaintX's Key Devices and his views on the structure of multiverse? I need to know if my plot will somehow interfere

Last edited by An Hero in Disguise; 2007-06-17 at 12:05.
An Hero in Disguise is offline  
Old 2007-06-17, 11:50   Link #2077
Aaron008R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Now that was an interesting reaction

I think I might as well explain. Aurion's liability factor is his ability to perceive and exercise a limited amount of control on the threads, turning them cobalt instead of gold. Here's an excerpt:

Spoiler for excerpt:


Would you like me to make some alterations?
__________________

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline  
Old 2007-06-17, 12:23   Link #2078
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Are we spoiling AO humanoid form here?
Canon has proven that theoretically any magical program has a power-saving form, which turns out to be chibi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
I see, so physically the spells do interact, just Flow Manipulation can't influence the divine magic like it does with regular spells. So if against a regular shield an aether attack rather dispels it (fully or partially) than breaks, against a divine shield it'll face a solid barrier needed to be overcome by force, right? (and speaking about force Serge's direct aether attacks mostly aren't that powerful)
Yes, that would be it.

Now about Sakura's ability to influence AO's threads with the divine equivalent to knot, twist and try to bend AO's threads. From her perspective, the AO threads looks like they belong to an Old God, the ones that ruled the galaxies and the ones before, until the God Empress was born. Hearing your description of AO's history, I must also say that by virtue of the "Tale of the Thousand Crosses" (11 have appeared in my various works so far), AO and Tausend Kreuz are technically cousins. Fits your related-device theory by coincidence too.

Also, Aaron reminded me of her Unison Mode. Once sync'd in, Kha should have the ability to command the divine threads directly, though Sakura Zaki (not Chibi-Sakura) would have to teach him how on the fly. The programs do it naturally, but not Kha.

Hmm... Kha can't damage Serge, and vice versa. What a stalemate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

I think I might as well explain. Aurion's liability factor is his ability to perceive and exercise a limited amount of control on the threads, turning them cobalt instead of gold. Here's an excerpt:

Spoiler for excerpt:


Would you like me to make some alterations?
Talk about driving home the point.
__________________
Kha is offline  
Old 2007-06-17, 12:24   Link #2079
An Hero in Disguise
Human
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Currently - Germany
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

I think I might as well explain. Aurion's liability factor is his ability to perceive and exercise a limited amount of control on the threads, turning them cobalt instead of gold. Here's an excerpt:

Spoiler for excerpt:


Would you like me to make some alterations?
Hoho, looks nice Well, basically I think a difference can be made between the levels of control Serge himself has over the aether threads and AO has over the magic particles. His usual level of control is boosted by the Device but is of course not absolute, so your scenario fits alright. Using moves like Aether Negation he's not relying on his powers but solely on the Device, whose level of control is far above his own, yet still not absolute but much much harder to counter. Serge doesn't expect to meet anyone capable of interaction with aether threads all of a sudden indeed (so far he has some assumptions about RH; he probably didn't fight against Kha so nothing certain about him either), and that'd be a good point for negotiations. It doesn't look like you need to change anything in this part.
An Hero in Disguise is offline  
Old 2007-06-17, 12:34   Link #2080
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Hoho, looks nice Well, basically I think a difference can be made between the levels of control Serge himself has over the aether threads and AO has over the magic particles. His usual level of control is boosted by the Device but is of course not absolute, so your scenario fits alright. Using moves like Aether Negation he's not relying on his powers but solely on the Device, whose level of control is far above his own, yet still not absolute but much much harder to counter. Serge doesn't expect to meet anyone capable of interaction with aether threads all of a sudden indeed (so far he has some assumptions about RH; he probably didn't fight against Kha so nothing certain about him either), and that'd be a good point for negotiations. It doesn't look like you need to change anything in this part.
Eh...?! Okay time to rephrase:

Sakura's ability to influence AO's particles with the divine equivalent to bump, kick and oppose AO's. From her perspective, the AO particles looks like they belong to an Old God, the ones that ruled the galaxies and the ones before, until the God Empress was born. Hearing your description of AO's history, I must also say that by virtue of the "Tale of the Thousand Crosses" (11 have appeared in my various works so far), AO and Tausend Kreuz are technically cousins. Fits your related-device theory by coincidence too.

Also, Aaron reminded me of her Unison Mode. Once sync'd in, Kha should have the ability to command the divine particles directly, though Sakura Zaki (not Chibi-Sakura) would have to teach him how on the fly. The programs do it naturally, but not Kha.

As for threads, in the absence of control of the original caster, the programs can exert divine will upon it to accede to their request. With the presence of the caster, it'll be a battle of wills. This is however locked away from Kha for he is human and prone to error.

As of now... it looks like Kha VS AO, Sakura VS Serge.
__________________
Kha is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.