Spoiler for ep3:
Old 2006-11-08, 21:42   Link #182
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoReMiFaSo View Post
Spoiler for ep3:

Thats my response to her "suppose death"

As for Sara and Emily, they will explain it.

Spoiler:

Preview
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-08, 22:30   Link #183
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Preview
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Preview Speculation:
Old 2006-11-09, 01:07   Link #184
ccardoso
Banned

The strange thing is that this Ralph seems to like killing young students, I wonder why...
Old 2006-11-09, 01:22   Link #185
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Spoiler for ep3:
Spoiler:

oki ep3...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-09, 03:17   Link #186
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
A pretty interesting episode, though I was hoping we'd see
Spoiler for episode 3:

Spoiler for episode 4 preview:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
The strange thing is that this Ralph seems to like killing young students, I wonder why...
Because he's a pedophile... (j/k)
Well, I'm guessing either that this time he's trying to get to EMLY or maybe he wants to test Sara to see if she's worthy of being converted. Note that he's had a few chances to kill her now but didn't take advantage of them.</conspiracy theory>

Quote:
Spoiler for ep3:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-09, 06:01   Link #187
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
Effective battle strategy I'd say. He knows the Union has precious few worthy Reasoners and that each one is of huge value. Take them out, you cripple the Union's strength and demoralise the trainees.

BTW for those looking for a blog Star Crossed has picked up Strain.
Old 2006-11-09, 06:17   Link #188
JediNight
キズランダム

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Old 2006-11-09, 06:37   Link #189
EragonJeriel
heh

Quote:
You would think that the person this MIMIC is bound to is the only one who can fly it, but episode 1 showed Seira, who just borrowed the Strain of one person, without any problems at all. How did she manage to make it work?
I realise it only when this guy over at the blogs stated it ! So MIMICS can actually be replaced, with their technology they should easily have hundreds of spare mimics.this is confusing.
At least we get to see sara pwn some ass in her strain soon
Old 2006-11-09, 07:05   Link #190
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EragonJeriel View Post
I realise it only when this guy over at the blogs stated it ! So MIMICS can actually be replaced, with their technology they should easily have hundreds of spare mimics.this is confusing.
At least we get to see sara pwn some ass in her strain soon
No. The MIMIC cannot be replaced. That is the whole point.

Look really closely - Sara carries her MIMIC from her own STRAIN at 16:45 and then see it placed on her belt at 20:00. Ergo she uses it to activate the stricken STRAIN at the lab.
Old 2006-11-09, 07:52   Link #191
EragonJeriel
heh

HMm i do see her carrying something and that looks like a pack on her belt. if its as u say, does that means she cant use emily's ?
Old 2006-11-09, 08:32   Link #192
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

EMILY is obviously special for whatever reason we'll find out by the last 4 episodes or so, so Sara being able to use is a moot point.

Even IF we assume that MIMIC data for Reasoners can somehow be stored in an external back-up system in the case of Strains/MIMIC getting damaged with the pilot intact, Sara's data would still be destroyed during Ralph's raid at the Academy, since naturally that's the most viable place to store the data, if there is any to begin with.

I haven't got the chance to watch Episode 3, but has Caris made an appearance yet?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2006-11-09, 10:33   Link #193
kari-no-sugata

MIMICs still haven't been explained much yet. The impression I get from ep-3 is that they operate with a telepathic connection to the pilot - maybe someone found out how to make such a thing possible, but it only works between identical brains, as it were.

If so, this gives a few possibilities for Emily. One is that she can build up a link with anyone in theory - but maybe this is very rare in practice. Another is she can build up a link with those closely related - given that the Werec family has produced many excellent Reasoners (ref: ep1), maybe some cells were donated.

Though Melchizek said he made Emily, he might just mean the doll - not the MIMIC core.

Anyway, I suspect the other Emily (with Ralph) is somewhat similar - research into better MIMIC technology.
Old 2006-11-09, 10:48   Link #194
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Watched episode three, the same day that it aired.

This is another well executed episode. I can continue to grow more attached and sympathetic towards Sara due to all the abuse and sabotage she has to endure from the other girls at the station; Isabella practically pulls out a smirk of triumph when Sara cannot get her BANGEE to work and thus getting called off from deploying for combat.

Fortunately, Sara has now Emily who she can confide her frail feelings and not to be worried from getting betrayed again.

The parallels to A Little Princess kept on becoming more similar, and I think it works to establish and helps us to understand Sara's tension at being scorned, belittled, and forced to deal with herself in loneliness.
Unlike the Sara from the novel, at least there's no a Miss Minchin character in Soukou no Strain that would throw a hell of a time to Sara; Isabella filled that role.

Additionally, this third episode bears few of a resemblance with episode three of Gunbuster (the first series). The trainees are engaging on their very first sortie ever against the Deague but are quickly subdued and overwhelmed (not to forget wasted) right after Ralph Werec makes his presence notorious, and one can feel again their futile struggle to make it alive but is hopeless to them.
Spoiler:

What any reasons I'm coming up for Ralph appearance to engage the fleet it might be because he was again searching for something....
Spoiler:

One more thing I'm looking forward in episode four will be Ralph himself. No details and explanations have ever been given as to why his shift of loyalties as of yet.
The preview displays a possibility that he's going to have a speaking role, and a possible interaction with the human Emily.

In the first episode he starts as the gentle, devoted brother but becomes his sister's traitor; for episode two Sara has a flashback of him to understand what happened to him to change on such radical ways, but lights are not seen from him either; now in episode three he appears again in another of his onslaught crusades to cripple the Union, yet we're not given answers.
Old 2006-11-09, 12:52   Link #195
multani2842

Question

Spoiler for Strange ?::

Spoiler for and now an enigma::
Old 2006-11-09, 13:23   Link #196
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by multani2842 View Post
Spoiler for and now an enigma::
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-09, 13:39   Link #197
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Spoiler for Episode 3:
Well, it was mentioned that the Deague focus on "quantity over quality" whereas the Union focuses on "quality over quantity." I'm guessing that the Deague do not have the ability to use Mercurion and thus why they didn't have Strains until Ralph went over with one. Since they don't have Mercurion, they make up for it by mass producing as many attacking units as possible. It wouldn't make sense for them to put people into them when they can automate the process. Besides, their casualties would be huge if they had to put people into the TUMORs.
Old 2006-11-09, 13:39   Link #198
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Spoiler:
well...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-09, 13:59   Link #199
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well...
Spoiler:
No, the preview doesn't give much away either, but...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-11-09 at 14:19.
Old 2006-11-09, 14:00   Link #200
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas View Post
Well, it was mentioned that the Deague focus on "quantity over quality" whereas the Union focuses on "quality over quantity." I'm guessing that the Deague do not have the ability to use Mercurion and thus why they didn't have Strains until Ralph went over with one. Since they don't have Mercurion, they make up for it by mass producing as many attacking units as possible. It wouldn't make sense for them to put people into them when they can automate the process. Besides, their casualties would be huge if they had to put people into the TUMORs.
My point was just that in such a situation, you are incurring human casualties vs. the enemy just needing to build more drones. AKA the enemy could ostensibly conduct war in a "ho-hum" manner where they don't really have to worry about dying themselves. Your population would start being whittled down and theirs would be unphased.
Closed Thread