AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-24, 12:33   Link #1981
Joachim1167

Anybody have any information or links on episode titles after Smothered Mate? I can't find any info on my usual english sources and I can't read japanese...yet.
Joachim1167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 16:30   Link #1982
Graveyard Duck
Bag Giver

Huh, while digging for a list of episode titles (doesn't seem to be one, at least on the official website), I happened across this popularity poll: http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/official/26722/

Spoiler for Poll results:

Spoiler for Reaction:
Graveyard Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 17:25   Link #1983
Borners

Okay I'm new here but I need to offload my semi-crackpot theory about Fam pre-Sky Pirate origins. It remains one of the big mysteries of the show as the remergence of her watch's in the Grand Race episode along with her hopes of finding her family hints.

That episode got me thinking because Fam wasn't the only one looking wistfully at an object relating to someone close them in that episode.

Spoiler for image of crackpot:

Thats right I'm saying that Sadri and Fam must be in some way related. Considering that all the Ades Generals get some character time in that episode, Vasant's if course important establishing her relationship with the Augusta while everybody else gets a more light-hearted scene. At its not like Sadri doesn't have other semi-plots to deal with i.e. his relationship with his current second Gyuzel's father, but no we get a view of a woman
Spoiler for locket:

See some suspicious resemblance perchance?

Oh and if we go back to episode 3 when we see a flashback to when Atamora found fam.
Spoiler for finding fam scene:

Hmmm woman with similar short hair to the picture and Fam's hair colour too, so she's probably Fam's mother.

And my final piece of evidence.....eyes, both Sadri and Fam have the same green eyes.

What exactly the relationship I don't know, probably father/grandfather/uncle. If I'm right it could either (I actually suspect Dad because its a picture of just one woman, why keep a locket with only a daughter?).
Borners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 18:34   Link #1984
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Glad Fam is so far down on that popularity poll. I honestly do not like her character at all, she is the only sore point of the series in my eyes.

And episode 13 was AMAZING, one of my favorite episodes yet. I was on the edge of my seat for most of it, great ship battles, intense action, no over enthusiastic Fam or fan service. Next episode should be very interesting, exile vs exile, a first for the series as far as I know.

Spoiler for ep13:
Old 2012-01-24, 19:00   Link #1985
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard Duck View Post
Huh, while digging for a list of episode titles (doesn't seem to be one, at least on the official website), I happened across this popularity poll: http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/official/26722/

Spoiler for Reaction:
This shows that it isn't only us here at AnimeSuki that think Al/Dio etc are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fam and the rest.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 19:29   Link #1986
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The thing is, Dio has ALWAYS been popular in the Japanese LE fandom... Heck most of the fanart of Last Exile (both series) is overwhelmingly about Dio. I mentioned a few pages back that I have to try really really hard to get quality non-Dio fanart to upload to danbooru.

Also, guess what? The SECOND most popular tag after Dio and Last Exile for the series? LUSCINIA (with Alauda, yes I'm talking about BL drawings of them).
Old 2012-01-24, 19:30   Link #1987
Joachim1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
This shows that it isn't only us here at AnimeSuki that think Al/Dio etc are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fam and the rest.
I dunno. I like Fam. She has some personality quirks that I find abrasive sometimes, but she does make things happen. She's definitely in my top five.

Besides, without Fam's bubbly personality, we probably wouldn't get a blushing Dian.
Old 2012-01-24, 22:08   Link #1988
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
How the hell did Sarah beat Fam in the poll? She only appeared a few times and hasn't done anything.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 22:10   Link #1989
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
JulioC: She's cute and she's a guileless loli being manipulated by a driven bastard. People obviously want to give her a hug.

On a slightly related note, the new Hourglass chapter is up, so drop by the manga thread for those interested.
Old 2012-01-24, 22:38   Link #1990
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim1167 View Post
I dunno. I like Fam. She has some personality quirks that I find abrasive sometimes, but she does make things happen. She's definitely in my top five.

Besides, without Fam's bubbly personality, we probably wouldn't get a blushing Dian.
She's too static and gets tedious, since she always does the same thing. And like you said, she makes Dian blush, which means she's just a plot-device to make the characters look all moe?
Old 2012-01-24, 23:41   Link #1991
stormwaltzing
Little Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard Duck View Post

Spoiler for Reaction:
I was watching that poll since it went up, and I laughed at the moments where you knew people were mass trolling it. At one point Farahnaz was #1 by THOUSANDS of votes when the rest of the poll was still in the hundreds...
Old 2012-01-25, 01:20   Link #1992
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Bad Move

The title for this episode thirteenth likely refers to both sides making tactical blunders: The Federation underestimating the Glacies Vanship Defensive Force, and Glacies unawared of the Federation's new weapon.

The Federation were unawared that Glacies....
Spoiler:

War has impregnated all corners of the world, and I do feel bad if it's more to Millia and to Sara Augusta, that she's unawared of lengths of the sacrifices and tolls of lives being taken by the war.

And, still no signs of the Sylvius, of Dio and Alvis, and of Anatoray.

Seriously, the girl trio are going to fly to Anatoray? I believe that they were going to look for the Sylvius.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 06:43   Link #1993
Joachim1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
The title for this episode thirteenth likely refers to both sides making tactical blunders: The Federation underestimating the Glacies Vanship Defensive Force, and Glacies unawared of the Federation's new weapon.
I think that the title also refers to Luscinia, as he's starting to do things that are alienating his supporters - mainly Sadri and Vasant.
Old 2012-01-25, 07:16   Link #1994
azarhal

Quote:
Seriously, the girl trio are going to fly to Anatoray? I believe that they were going to look for the Sylvius.
They were thinking of going to look for the Sylvius in Anatoray.

Personally, I think the Silvius is just chilling at the bottom of the Grand Lake, observing what Glacies and the Feds are doing.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 07:25   Link #1995
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

The Federation were unawared that Glacies....
Spoiler:

War has impregnated all corners of the world, and I do feel bad if it's more to Millia and to Sara Augusta, that she's unawared of lengths of the sacrifices and tolls of lives being taken by the war.

And, still no signs of the Sylvius, of Dio and Alvis, and of Anatoray.

Smothered mate makes me think someone will be inadvertently bringing about their own downfall...
Old 2012-01-25, 07:33   Link #1996
Joachim1167

Quote:
She's too static and gets tedious, since she always does the same thing.
I could say the same thing about Dio, yet I also find him totally likable - especially the awesome "Dio with pancakes".

Quote:
And like you said, she makes Dian blush, which means she's just a plot-device to make the characters look all moe?
And this is a bad thing?
Old 2012-01-25, 09:43   Link #1997
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
I could say the same thing about Dio, yet I also find him totally likable - especially the awesome "Dio with pancakes".
I'm not sure how you can say that about Dio.
Old 2012-01-25, 12:00   Link #1998
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Quote:

Could you really?
Old 2012-01-25, 12:16   Link #1999
leokiko

Quote:

And this is a bad thing?
Dio is much more interesting, even for someone that didn't watch the original LE. He is seemingly a playful kid, but has a dark past and amazing vanship pilot skills. At the same time, you can see that he takes things seriously when he needs to and also is part of Tatiana's crew.

And..well, it is a bad AND a good thing. First, the good: She makes the characters better and funnier to watch. Dian showed her cute side and it was incredibly nice to watch.

The bad: Fam itself sucks. A LOT. Whenever she is doing whatever the hell she wants and still succeds almost every time, only losing to Tatiana so far, (heh, it was due ) it annoys me. She's just a kiddo and acts like the world is a colorful beautiful world every single second(and things still goes her way). That's why I will say it again: I want her to be completely crushed in her own game.
Old 2012-01-25, 13:14   Link #2000
Joachim1167

Quote:
He is seemingly a playful kid, but has a dark past and amazing vanship pilot skills. At the same time, you can see that he takes things seriously when he needs to
Um...that also describes Fam. Maybe not a "dark past" but what of her family past that has been hinted at?

Quote:
The bad: Fam itself sucks. A LOT. Whenever she is doing whatever the hell she wants and still succeds almost every time, only losing to Tatiana so far, (heh, it was due ) it annoys me. She's just a kiddo and acts like the world is a colorful beautiful world every single second(and things still goes her way). That's why I will say it again: I want her to be completely crushed in her own game.
Why does Fam have to be punished? Yes she's idealistic, but she definitely lives in a less than idealistic world. Yet she still manages to smile and prosper. She's a survivor. I like that. Yes, she's impulsive and does whatever she wants...mainly helping people while even knowing that it will put her in harm's way. Nothing wrong with that.

Almost everything Dio has done has pretty much gone his way also. Should he be punished too?

Tags
adventure, science fiction