AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-03-19, 19:47   Link #20161
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

slightly off-topic, does anyone here happen to know a online store (or regular) within europe that ships to scandinavian countries? or is HLJ still the best bet? I've tried tisinc99.com (which sofar has been good, delivery vice, they are just really, really expensive, both kits + shipping) and always get hit by taxes whenever ordering something from HLJ and picking EMS :x and SAL takes too long QQ
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 20:58   Link #20162
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
slightly off-topic, does anyone here happen to know a online store (or regular) within europe that ships to scandinavian countries? or is HLJ still the best bet? I've tried tisinc99.com (which sofar has been good, delivery vice, they are just really, really expensive, both kits + shipping) and always get hit by taxes whenever ordering something from HLJ and picking EMS :x and SAL takes too long QQ
gginfinite.com seems to have kinde decent prices but i have no idea about their shipping prices... their shipping calculator doesnt seem to be working for me :T

but as it seems no one can beat hobby link japan and their 20% off on every bandai kit! the HG brave commander would cost you 25€ incl. shipping instead of like $40 in every other shop i checked :P
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 22:10   Link #20163
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
gginfinite.com seems to have kinde decent prices but i have no idea about their shipping prices... their shipping calculator doesnt seem to be working for me :T

but as it seems no one can beat hobby link japan and their 20% off on every bandai kit! the HG brave commander would cost you 25€ incl. shipping instead of like $40 in every other shop i checked :P
yeah :x seeing how the kits there are well, more expensive on gginfinite.com than on HLJ i highly doubt i'd save a few bucks, their shipping calculator didnt work for me either Q_Q
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 00:51   Link #20164
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
Yo I am back guys. Which is better - MG unicorn gundam normal version or Unicorn Gundam HD Collar +MS CAGE (MG) ? Where should i buy it from-ebay,hlj,hobbysearch?

Last edited by GrahamAker; 2011-03-20 at 02:20.
GrahamAker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 06:55   Link #20165
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamAker View Post
Yo I am back guys. Which is better - MG unicorn gundam normal version or Unicorn Gundam HD Collar +MS CAGE (MG) ? Where should i buy it from-ebay,hlj,hobbysearch?
i think you should only buy the HD color + MS cage version if you actually want the MS cage :P the other differences are SLIGHT color differences for the weapons, feet and backpack. other than that they should be the same.
and both the regular master grade and the MS cage version have better articulation than the ver.ka version that i have! so if you want the OVA version of the unicorn and not the ver.ka version, it only depends on wheter you want to pay extra for the cage or not! (guys, correct me if im wrong here. thats the only differences i found between the regular MG and the HD color MS cage version!)

but for me the deal breaker would be the cage. i dont want to pay about 20 bucks for an action base that i would never use :P
Old 2011-03-20, 13:37   Link #20166
DV04

There are 4 version of Unicorn Gundam, which can be a headache for some buyers

1. Ver. Ka

2. OVA/Special Edition

3. Titanium Finish

4. HD Color + MS Cage

The Ver. Ka and OVA/Special Edition are usually around the same price, but I would choose the OVA/Special Edition because it does have better articulation around the waist and is more TV show accurate. The titanium finish is nice, but it has bad knee articulation, so you can't make poses like crouching on one knee and such and the kit is generally about $20 - 25 USD more. Then we have the HD color version that comes with the MS cage, which looks awesome if you're into displaying your model kits. I would recommend the OVA/Special Edition if you're on a budget.

Here are some sites that I use....

Gundam Store And More
GG Infinite
Robot4Less
Hobby Wave
HLJ
Amazon
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 13:53   Link #20167
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV04 View Post
The titanium finish is just a coated version of the OVA/Special Edition (correct me if I'm wrong)
dont mind if i do^^
the titanium finish version is the same as the ver.ka version and not the same as the OVA version! i own the titanium finish version and it has a big ver.ka on the box :P

but other than that you are right. you have 3 versions: ver.ka, regular MG and the HD color + MS cage version.
the ver.ka is the first version from december 2007. its the novel version of the unicorn and has some problems with the articulation.
the MG unicorn is from march 2010, they "fixed" the articulation (not by much though...) and it looks more like the unicorn from the OVA, they changed some armor parts (like the head) and a couple of colors.
the HD color + MS cage version is the same as the regular MG unicorn plus that MS cage

MS cage version:

regular MG version:

i really cant see a difference.
so yeah, if you want the MS cage go with that version. but in my opinion its just a $20 action base and thats not worth it... i went with the ver.ka and a regular action base and im happy with that :P
Old 2011-03-20, 14:31   Link #20168
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
dont mind if i do^^
the titanium finish version is the same as the ver.ka version and not the same as the OVA version! i own the titanium finish version and it has a big ver.ka on the box :P

but other than that you are right. you have 3 versions: ver.ka, regular MG and the HD color + MS cage version.
the ver.ka is the first version from december 2007. its the novel version of the unicorn and has some problems with the articulation.
the MG unicorn is from march 2010, they "fixed" the articulation (not by much though...) and it looks more like the unicorn from the OVA, they changed some armor parts (like the head) and a couple of colors.
the HD color + MS cage version is the same as the regular MG unicorn plus that MS cage

MS cage version:

regular MG version:

i really cant see a difference.
so yeah, if you want the MS cage go with that version. but in my opinion its just a $20 action base and thats not worth it... i went with the ver.ka and a regular action base and im happy with that :P
Well, the "HD Color" part seems to indicate the colors are "better" and I think I see some difference between the two, but that might also just be the lighting or my imagination, not a really clear difference
Old 2011-03-20, 14:55   Link #20169
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
Well, the "HD Color" part seems to indicate the colors are "better" and I think I see some difference between the two, but that might also just be the lighting or my imagination, not a really clear difference
its probably just the lighting.
and even if there are color differences, they are still the same model. if i had to choose right now id go with the regular MG version and buy an additional regular action base. its the cheapest and it has the improved articulation. in my opinion its just not worth it to pay extra for color variations and an overly glorified action base...
Old 2011-03-20, 16:02   Link #20170
GrimmReaperNL
Oro?

i big differance between the ver ka. and the ova/cage version (since i think the one that comes with the cage is the ova version) is that articulation is a bit better.

the knees bent a big further.
Old 2011-03-20, 16:12   Link #20171
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmReaperNL View Post
i big differance between the ver ka. and the ova/cage version (since i think the one that comes with the cage is the ova version) is that articulation is a bit better.

the knees bent a big further.
yup, thats one thing that they changed. they went from a ~70° bend to a 90° bend... [sarcasm]totally worth it![/sarcasm]
personally i just like the colors of the ver.ka unicorn better and im happy with my kit :P but in the end it only really depends on your taste in colors, if you want those extra 20° of articulation (which you dont really need in my opinion, the ver.ka kit works just fine) and on how much you want to spend. the price spans from about $50 for the regular MG to about $100 for the titanium finish version (not including shipping) for the what is essentially the same kit...
Old 2011-03-20, 16:22   Link #20172
JC...
I am a Pie

I've always wanted the MS Cage myself. I just love addons. Plus you get in-scale figurines of some of the characters. If you buy some more 1/100 figures you'd be able to make an awesome diorama out of it.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 18:18   Link #20173
Appel

im not that much of a big fan of stuff like the MS cage...
i love it when they give you a free action base but stuff like that just takes up a ton of space and i dont like to spend an extra 25 bucks for that sorta thing :P the regular unicorn costs 50 bucks, so thats 1/3 of the prize just for an overly glorified action base...
but thats just my opinion^^ its awesome that they give us a choice! if you want the cage you can buy it but when you are a cheap bastard like me you can just stick to the regular version.

i do like it when a kit comes with a ton of scale figures of characters though^^ they are just adorable! too bad that i suck at painting so much...
Old 2011-03-20, 22:28   Link #20174
LokIdle

This might be stupid and I blame the damn german news for this, but: amiami is in tokyo and HLJ is even closer to fukushima... I feel kinda strange ordering gunpla right now. Am I the only one that is concerned about radioactive boxes and model kits? :/ Or is it safe to order stuff?
LokIdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 22:42   Link #20175
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LokIdle View Post
This might be stupid and I blame the damn german news for this, but: amiami is in tokyo and HLJ is even closer to fukushima... I feel kinda strange ordering gunpla right now. Am I the only one that is concerned about radioactive boxes and model kits? :/ Or is it safe to order stuff?
Thats up for you to discuss. Even some foodstuff coming from Japan have had radioactive found in them.

I don't think any of it is dangerous or at harmful levels but I'm not an expert on the matter.
Old 2011-03-21, 00:02   Link #20176
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Do you have any idea how much radiation is being aimed right at your face right now by your computer screen? The human body can handle quite a bit more radiation than people give it credit for.
Old 2011-03-21, 01:46   Link #20177
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Of all the thinigs you're concerned about.

You're not going to eat the boxes are you? There's probably more radiation coming from your mobile phone.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 09:54   Link #20178
CsrFSeiei

I got my Unicorn Gatling Guns today !!
Old 2011-03-21, 10:00   Link #20179
Exia_00
Gundam Meister

Send a message via MSN to Exia_00 Send a message via Yahoo to Exia_00
Quote:
Originally Posted by CsrFSeiei View Post
I got my Unicorn Gatling Guns today !!
did u get those for the MG? i want some for the HGm i have them in RD but sucks cause its only one pair for the destroy mode and isn't compatible with the unicorn mode
Old 2011-03-21, 10:22   Link #20180
Vandalier
Hinamizawa Villager

Send a message via Yahoo to Vandalier

Hello again guys

here's my................10th 00 kit
and my Fifth Setsuna's MS
also my third 00

PG 00 Raiser
this kit is........................how to say it?
errrr too much?

okay okay with around 300US$ you get 1/60 scale kit that around 30cm in height
and around 2Kg in weight
it come with 56 runner , with that you got around a thousand parts
and more than half of them is the inner frame that will not visible anymore after completing
it takes me half year to painted it (i bought this kit a week after they released it on japan in September 2009)
and it takes more half of my room space when i paint it

what i'm trying to say, Perfect Grade is too much for me
it's too hassle and too big but i'm not saying this is not a great kit, this kit is too awesome to put into word
you need to built it by yourself if want to know what i'm saying
the detail, gimmick and also the posebility are perfect

but in the end PG 00 raiser is my first PG and also it will be my last PG (I HOPE)

okay that's my opinion about PG 00 Raiser

well, like i said this is my third 00
and the fourth one will be the Master Grade that will be released on May (hope so, not sure because the earthquake)
some people asked me why i paint it in Dark Blue
not Light blue that i usually use

well, the reason is simple
i'm bored with that color

and this is the first time i'm paint my kit in this color
and i think this color is great isn't

enough chat,
enjoy the PG 00 Raiser

enjoy
Spoiler for PG 00 Raiser: