AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-28, 13:43   Link #2061
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

While I do not hate Fam as much as others, I definitely agree Millia makes for a far better main character than she does. For all intents and purposes, she is the main character of this show in my mind now. She is a strong-willed, smart, pragmatic, and a very endearing character. Usually in cases like these, Millia would be the one in denial about her sister's horrific actions. Instead, she faces up to reality and resolved to kill her sister in order to protect the innocent. You could tell how painful that decision was for her.
Old 2012-01-28, 13:51   Link #2062
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokun View Post
Spoiler for episode 14:
I'm pretty sure that Luscinia doesn't know that Anatoray doesn't consist a mere military force of just the Silvius and the Urbanus with vanships. So he doesn't know that Anatoray has large military power, so sending two of his main fleets (still damaged) will prove to be disastrous since by now Anatoray's main forces should already be on Earth and be ready to fully combat against the Ades. They also wouldn't back off if they face Turan's Exile since they know how to avoid being attack by one already.

Luscinia is planning something big, maybe he is going after another Exile or maybe the remnants of the Earth Guild? Whatever the case may be, he is probably going to become very powerful and unstoppable.

So the sky pirates had the Ansthar all along? They still haven't shown where it was hidden, but we know that it is under full repair.

As for Atomora, what happened to him? We also don't know what happened to the Glacien old men since the room they were at wasn't destroyed.

I hope we see the Silvius or more of Anatoray next week, but the preview shows that the next episode will focus on Sara and trip to the Ades capital.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 14:16   Link #2063
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard Duck View Post
I... just thought of something disturbing:

Spoiler for End of ep 14:
Lukia is Lulu
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 14:43   Link #2064
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim1167 View Post
I try not to make comparisons with Fam, Claus, and Tatiana. Three different people, three different situations, backgrounds, and skill sets.

Aside from running from 3 Ades heavy vanships in a damaged, overloaded Vespa and the brief encounter with Tatiana, when has Fam had the chance to improve her skills? Hard to develop those elite skills when your main prey are lumbering capital ships (not armed vanships) and you're amassing flight hours mainly by flying taxi service for princesses.

Unlike the Sky Pirates, the Vanship Union guys, Tatiana's squadron, and (later on) Claus in S1 developed their skills because they had to contend with Guild Starfishes on a regular basis...and even then, the VU guys had to go through combat training before the assault on the Guild. If I remember correctly, even Claus got owned the first time out in an armed vanship, with the Sylvana's firepower having to save his butt.

Sky Pirate targets are large, lumbering capital ships, and when things get too hot, their SOP is to hide and/or run away. Don't need real fancy flying for that.

I'm not disagreeing with you...yeah, Fam definitely needs some one-on-one flight training time with Dio. I just wanted to point out how Fam's situation is different.
This.

Oh, that'd be quite cool of an idea if Fam got a crash course from Dio if Guild ships were to ever play a bigger role in this second half somehow.

Spoiler for Myssa's Murata art post:

Awesome, finally

Spoiler:

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-01-28 at 15:05.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 14:55   Link #2065
Joachim1167

I like Fam a lot, but I have to disagree with her on this one. It's all good and well that Fam is there to give Millia pause about a decision that she could really regret later on, but I don't see anyway this is going to be resolved without Liliana dying somewhere in the process. I don't think that any of the good guys will whack her, but rather she will eventually kill herself to either deny use of the Exile when Millia comes under direct attack, or to give Millia control of the Exile.

Spoiler for More thoughts on ep.15:

Last edited by Joachim1167; 2012-01-28 at 15:28.
Joachim1167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 15:09   Link #2066
Joachim1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
This.

Oh, that'd be quite cool of an idea if Fam got a crash course from Dio if Guild ships were to ever play a bigger role in this second half somehow.
Yeah, Fam and Dio...that's a whole lotta crazy. They worked well together in ep.2.
Old 2012-01-28, 15:18   Link #2067
stormwaltzing
Little Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Incidentally we FINALLY have Renji Murata art of both Lavie and Claus with a slightly-older Alvis:

Spoiler for img:

I'm so glad people are spreading the scans around! (there is something else out too that I put out, but I do not want to mention it here-- it's not hard to find if you have a tumblr tho)

That whole set of the calendar is all Fam, with the exception of that Claus Alvis and Lavie one being the other side to the only other first series art (the Dio and Lucciola one), so it seems like those two are the "first series throwback" months - though I do love that they updated Al's hairstyle to show that it's post-series art at the very least.
Old 2012-01-28, 17:47   Link #2068
DangerMouse

Quote:
Yeah, Fam and Dio...that's a whole lotta crazy. They worked well together in ep.2.
Heh.

Yeah, they did.

Quote:
I like Fam a lot, but I have to disagree with her on this one. It's all good and well that Fam is there to give Millia pause about a decision that she could really regret later on, but I don't see anyway this is going to be resolved without Liliana dying somewhere in the process. I don't think that any of the good guys will whack her, but rather she will eventually kill herself to either deny use of the Exile when Millia comes under direct attack, or to give Millia control of the Exile.

Spoiler for More thoughts on ep.15:
Yeah.

Spoiler:

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-01-28 at 19:45.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 21:49   Link #2069
FateAnomaly

When Millia resolved to kill her sister, i actually respected her for it... then she backed down on it....

I think Lusicinia is perhaps looking for a anti exile (everything) weapon that the guild prepared long ago to counter any rogue nations. He probably anticipated that he will be abandoned but that is not going to matter for long.

Ades politics is too complicated for me to understand at this point though.

Vasant should have anticipated that the vanguard will be annihilated. It really doesn't take a genius to figure that out. How come ALL of her countrymen are soldiers? No civilians?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 22:00   Link #2070
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Vasant should have anticipated that the vanguard will be annihilated. It really doesn't take a genius to figure that out. How come ALL of her countrymen are soldiers? No civilians?
I think that there are Keios civilians, it's just that the soldiers who were in the fleet's vanguard were people she personally knew. It's one thing to brush off the death of soldiers when they're just faceless figures on a casualty table, it's another not to be affected by the loss of familiar faces.

And it does seem that in the end, Luscinia's attack on Glacies was just an excuse to get to what was BEYOND the area Glacies is located in. I wonder...
Old 2012-01-28, 23:58   Link #2071
stormwaltzing
Little Master

This isn't technically OT but not related to the new episode. :P But I figured that with a lot of people in this thread maybe someone might be able to help!

Spoiler for Aerial Log book question:
Old 2012-01-29, 00:24   Link #2072
MeggieMay

Same general subject as stormwaltzing yet totally different
Spoiler for Aerial Log book comment:
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 00:34   Link #2073
Graveyard Duck
Bag Giver

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshadowisle View Post
Spoiler for Other thoughts:
There's an additional benefit to the way
Spoiler for Ep 14 and future speculations:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMon10A View Post
I'm sorry, but given where I feel the plot is going,I've come to the conclusion that this should be called Last Exile:SEED Destiny rather then Last Exile:Fam, The Silver Wing. With the only difference being Fam's just disgustingly naive stupid rather then the PTSD Angry stupid that Shinn had going for himself.
It's interesting that you should make this comparison.
Spoiler for Gundam Seed Destiny and LEF up to ep 14:
Graveyard Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 01:14   Link #2074
stormwaltzing
Little Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieMay View Post
Same general subject as stormwaltzing yet totally different
Spoiler for Aerial Log book comment:
When I was scanning it I tried to TL some of the notes, but LOL WRITING - I might try to finish it later to see if
Spoiler for \o/:
Old 2012-01-29, 01:39   Link #2075
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just some things I keep to remember in this episode:

1. Fam didn't exactly race for Milia. She raced because she felt down, and a big part of that is likely the realization that she was insensitive to the immense emotional burden Milia has to carry. Psychologically this seems closer to displacement, a neurotic defense mechanism.

2. Milia doesn't want to kill her sister, but that doesn't mean she won't if she has to. She has realized that worse comes to worst she will have to make the mortal choice to take out her sister and usurp the position of de facto leader of Turan, but in the end she obviously doesn't want to if she doesn't have to. At least this way, she is more willing to look for alternatives than to simply resign to the belief that she has no other choice but to kill her.

3. Fam's almost stupidly naive clinging to the concept of family comes a lot from the fact that she is fully aware that she doesn't have a blood related nuclear family. She is essentially adopted and knows this. She keeps the story of her parent's passing in her mind, and carries that locket/pendant/whatever as a constant reminder that her origins, the truth of her heritage, is all but a mystery to her. I won't be so quick to blame her sheltered naiveté when I find it abundantly clear that this girl has her own scars as well.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 03:41   Link #2076
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
stormwaltzing: LOL And I thought that the scene in the Silver Wing manga was a fluke, but according to the Linkage concepts Liliana really did go commando. Ooh.

And again the eye colors are apparently important! Funny how Dian immediately recognized how Vasant was from Keios just from her purple eyes.
Old 2012-01-29, 04:06   Link #2077
Graveyard Duck
Bag Giver

A somewhat interesting observation I read about:
Spoiler for Ep 14, beginning:

Last edited by Graveyard Duck; 2012-01-29 at 04:16.
Graveyard Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 05:19   Link #2078
encia

Spoiler for Ep 15...:
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 05:46   Link #2079
Joachim1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Fam's almost stupidly naive clinging to the concept of family comes a lot from the fact that she is fully aware that she doesn't have a blood related nuclear family. She is essentially adopted and knows this. She keeps the story of her parent's passing in her mind, and carries that locket/pendant/whatever as a constant reminder that her origins, the truth of her heritage, is all but a mystery to her. I won't be so quick to blame her sheltered naiveté when I find it abundantly clear that this girl has her own scars as well.
Good point. I also compare Fam to a conscientious objector who, in times of war, volunteers to be a combat medic. I may find the conscientious objector's attitude towards the military and warfare very naive, but find the person very admirable to put themselves in harm's way to help people.

This show is a Japanese production written predominately for a Japanese audience. And given Japan's post-WWII stance on war and world conflict, I can understand why the writers made Fam the way she is.
Old 2012-01-29, 07:04   Link #2080
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

God im sick of this show

Its just Ades pwing everyone week after week

Tags
adventure, science fiction