AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2017-08-29, 05:43   Link #20841
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

KC3 Kai has data on the new equipment: F6F-3N and F6F-5N. Both are Night Fighters ("夜戰").

F6F-3N: 8 AA, 4 ASW, 2 Accuracy, 3 Evasion, 2 LOS
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

F6F-5N: 10 AA, 5 ASW, 3 Accuracy, 3 Evasion, 3 LOS
Images

If my guess is correct, "the true value will be demonstrated after the next update" mentioned earlier on might suggest that these two will allow night-fighting but only on specific CVs. Judging from the fairies and the news that a foreign CV K2 (aka 99% Sara's) will be implemented at the end of the event (itself an update), I think this would mean Sara K2 and Arkko K2.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-29, 05:49   Link #20842
Rocksmash
Trapped within boundaries

July ranking rewards:
  • 1 to 5: F6F-5N, F6F-3N, 15m Duplex Rangefinder + Type 21 Radar Kai Ni, Skilled Sonar Personnel + Late Model Bow Torpedo Mount (6 tubes)
  • 6 to 20: F6F-5N, F6F-3N, 15m Duplex Rangefinder + Type 21 Radar Kai Ni
  • 21 to 100: F6F-3N x2, 15m Duplex Rangefinder + Type 21 Radar Kai Ni
  • 101 to 500: F6F-3N, 15m Duplex Rangefinder + Type 21 Radar Kai Ni
Rocksmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-29, 07:48   Link #20843
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The door is opening for the most dreaded carrier seen by the First and Second Carrier Divisions' nightmares. Rival of Zuikaku.

The other main American night carrier other than USS Saratoga. (Some of the Essex-class and of course USS Ranger also experimented with night fighter squadrons as did the light carrier USS Independence)
Old 2017-08-29, 12:45   Link #20844
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Night Battle CV plz.
Lets just hope that the Night battle planes won't be too hard to obtain, and be obtainable in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
KC3 Kai has data on the new equipment: F6F-3N and F6F-5N. Both are Night Fighters ("夜戰").

F6F-3N: 8 AA, 4 ASW, 2 Accuracy, 3 Evasion, 2 LOS
Images

F6F-5N: 10 AA, 5 ASW, 3 Accuracy, 3 Evasion, 3 LOS
Images

If my guess is correct, "the true value will be demonstrated after the next update" mentioned earlier on might suggest that these two will allow night-fighting but only on specific CVs. Judging from the fairies and the news that a foreign CV K2 (aka 99% Sara's) will be implemented at the end of the event (itself an update), I think this would mean Sara K2 and Arkko K2.
I'd have to check whether Ark actually had F6F-5s but the fairy is most definitely hers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The door is opening for the most dreaded carrier seen by the First and Second Carrier Divisions' nightmares. Rival of Zuikaku.

The other main American night carrier other than USS Saratoga. (Some of the Essex-class and of course USS Ranger also experimented with night fighter squadrons as did the light carrier USS Independence)
Tbh a big part why I want enterprise is because her interactions with Zuikaku would be fun
That being said I don't think many ships would actually get along with her. Maybe Yamato because she gets along with everyone (Except maybe Nagato) Potentially Shoukaku; But Zuikaku will imho be Kaga vs Zuikaku 2.0 . With Kaga always dropping in on ENTs side to taunt Zuikaku.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-29, 13:27   Link #20845
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I'd have to check whether Ark actually had F6F-5s but the fairy is most definitely hers.
Ark Royal was sunk in 1941. The Hellcat was introduced in 1943 with the F6F-5 not produced until 1944.
Old 2017-08-29, 13:58   Link #20846
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
Ark Royal was sunk in 1941. The Hellcat was introduced in 1943 with the F6F-5 not produced until 1944.
oh yeah checking the sinking date would have been an option

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2017-08-31, 04:43   Link #20847
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Taking forever to clear E3 TP lol

Bringing Kidou doesn't look like a good idea. While I made it to boss 99.5% of the time, I drained pathetic amount of TP per run.... but then again, bringing TCF means dealing with Nu Kai's without any carriers is suicide...

Let's hope all my efforts to save my Daihatsu carriers are worth it in E-6.....

20k fuel down already and I just cleared 3/4 of the gauge.

Is it me or is the Tsu here pretty OP? Kept getting AACI'd and my planes are losing their ranks.

EDIT: Time to face the cancer CA Hime....hopefully I won't choke.

Last edited by KanbeKotori; 2017-08-31 at 06:07.
KanbeKotori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 08:39   Link #20848
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
Taking forever to clear E3 TP lol

Bringing Kidou doesn't look like a good idea. While I made it to boss 99.5% of the time, I drained pathetic amount of TP per run.... but then again, bringing TCF means dealing with Nu Kai's without any carriers is suicide...

Let's hope all my efforts to save my Daihatsu carriers are worth it in E-6.....

20k fuel down already and I just cleared 3/4 of the gauge.

Is it me or is the Tsu here pretty OP? Kept getting AACI'd and my planes are losing their ranks.

EDIT: Time to face the cancer CA Hime....hopefully I won't choke.
Depending on which ships you bring and how you equip them, you can easily make 130 to 200 TP per run with a CTF.

Old 2017-08-31, 15:00   Link #20849
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Okay, I am going crazy on E3.

I have been using the same setup that brings me from M/N to Q for boss phase 100% of the time until recently, where now I get 100% routed to N from M. I'm not sure what happened because M to Q used to happen for me and I changed nothing.

My setup is as followed:

Hiei (87) 38cm Kai x2, Obs plane, T91 +6
Mikuma (58) 20.3(2) x2, Obs plane, T2 fighter
Mogami (85) 20.3(2) x 2, Ro. 44, Kyoufuu Kai
Ryuujou (96) Tenzan 601, T. Murata, Re 2005 Kai, T21 skilled+10
Zuihou (96) T97 Tomonaga, Tenzan 601, Iwamoto +6, Reppuu 601
Hiryuu (79) Ryuusei 601, T. Murata, T. Tomonaga, Saiun

Murakumo (78) 10cm+ +1, 10cm+, Searchlight+10
Teruzuki (82) 10cm+ +1 x 2, 13 Kai Radar
Sendai (81) 20.3(2), SKC, Yatei
Kongou (88) 30.5cm x 2, Yatei, T91 +6
Kako (85) 20.3(3) +3, SKC, OS2U, flare
Ashigara (77) 20.3(3), 20.3(2), Ar196, FuMO

So did I miss out something that has been directing me to N from M? When I started HP phase I used to always go from M to Q no problems.
Old 2017-08-31, 15:13   Link #20850
Kakurin
大佐

Have you changed equipment along the way? It's LOS determined routing.
Old 2017-08-31, 15:19   Link #20851
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Have you changed equipment along the way? It's LOS determined routing.
Not really. The same setup.

I did change once and it still brought me from M to Q but after I decide to refresh my browser, it went M to N from then on.

I passed the LoS definitely because I tried advancing and managed to go to boss still so LoS isn't the problem here.

EDIT: I think I'm on the verge of giving up. Wanna ask first to see if there's a point to keep trying or not before deciding to give up.

I don't have any TCI ships to spare for E-3(saving them for E-4), am on final kill now.

Setup of my fleet is as above. Problem is, I seem to do very poorly, my carriers cannot deal a lot of damage for some reason even at green T.

Should I just give up and downgrade to normal and redo the entire thing? The only thing I'm afraid here is my buckets. I started E-3 with 1k, now I'm down to almost 850. Burned more than 10k bauxite too on this map and I'm getting tired.

If I'm too ill-equipped and there's no chance, please let me know. I just want to have enough resources and buckets to try and get E4-6 items hence, I'm putting all my best ships there. Don't really want to waste time on E-3 anymore.

Last edited by KanbeKotori; 2017-08-31 at 17:03.
Old 2017-08-31, 17:14   Link #20852
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I got the same issue, and I figured out that the route change its requirements when you reach a certain part of the HP gauge, which might be half HP. The number of BB and CV(L) allowed for reaching the boss decreases from 4 to 3 total. When I removed 1 CVL, I went to the boss without any trouble.

That said, there wasn't any report regarding historical ship when I did that, and I'm pretty certain I didn't have enough back then.
Old 2017-08-31, 20:00   Link #20853
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I got the same issue, and I figured out that the route change its requirements when you reach a certain part of the HP gauge, which might be half HP. The number of BB and CV(L) allowed for reaching the boss decreases from 4 to 3 total. When I removed 1 CVL, I went to the boss without any trouble.

That said, there wasn't any report regarding historical ship when I did that, and I'm pretty certain I didn't have enough back then.
Yea I noticed it around the halfway mark.

Will try removing 1 CVL then.

Meanwhile is it pointless of me to continue struggle on hard or should I just drop difficulty so I can save resources for E4-6? Those 3 maps are only the rewards I really want to be honest.

EDIT2:

Finally I'm done being stuck in this. Got really lucky with the last crit. Spent 50k fuel and 14 bauxite. Much horror. I hope 250k fuel and 850 buckets can last me at least for E4-6H

Spoiler:

Last edited by KanbeKotori; 2017-09-01 at 03:10.
Old 2017-09-01, 13:50   Link #20854
Kakurin
大佐

Since I was running out of the necessary preconditions for tackling E7-LD 甲 (only 2 goddesses and 9 drums left) in addition to running low on fuel I switched to 乙. And oh my, it's a joke how different the difficulties are. I basically steamrolled it without much thought. Since I was too lazy to sparkle I used no support fleets, which probably made me suffer a couple more taiha along the route than necessary. But on the boss node I was a perfect 6-for-6. This was how the final kill went:

Images

This whole event has left me extremely bitter about breaking my until now unbroken streak of clearing events in 甲. This time Tanaka and co. finally went too far with all the crap of the boss-parade. Goddesses are a real necessity for just having a chance at making the boss node in LD mode, where you still need to roll a low-odds dice with two BBH and one CVH present. Plus two Tsu-elite which more often than not will wreck the first strike power of your LBA and CVs. They seriously need to do some reflecting when planning the next "hard" event.

That aside, so Uchida Shū has fixed her Ad-My-ral tick when voicing Ark Royal. Good.

And now, five days left (no time to play the last couple of days the event runs) for farming Sagiri. Also need the DE, but that depends on my motivation.
Old 2017-09-02, 00:17   Link #20855
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Damn, keep dying to preboss because of a taiha at E4H..... at least one ship will be taiha and for some reason, Nagato can't hit anything at all.

EDIT: What formation do you guys use for E4 preboss? Sometimes 1 PT escaped and taiha my ship during closing torp phase...

Last edited by KanbeKotori; 2017-09-02 at 01:25.
Old 2017-09-02, 02:00   Link #20856
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:

That aside, so Uchida Shū has fixed her Ad-My-ral tick when voicing Ark Royal. Good.
Wasn't there something about her pronouncing it Austrialian for Warspite?

Old 2017-09-02, 04:02   Link #20857
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No, australians don't pronounce that word like that.
There are only 2 explanations:
1) They followed a very old pronounciation (still a mismatch considering it doesn't fit with the period nor with the current period)
2) They didn't have a clue because admiral isn't a word you hear often in English, so they probably extrapolated how it is pronounced.
Old 2017-09-02, 05:58   Link #20858
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

I'm getting my boss attempts denied at node M of E4

How does one make past it....99% of the time they all aim one ship and taiha that.
Old 2017-09-02, 06:47   Link #20859
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Map support fleet and enough bombers.
Old 2017-09-02, 06:49   Link #20860
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Map support fleet and enough bombers.
EDIT: I can only bring 2 bomber each CVL to hit the FP needed for AS

Also, I sent both supports as well.

By the way, is AACI needed in E4?

Am on final kill now, I'm thinking of bringing Akitsumaru so I can use 4 BBs and keep my 3 Euro so I don't lose my M to boss routing.

Is it worth the trade?

Thinking of replacing Furutaka for Yamato and Pola for Italia(dupe) in exchange for Chiyoda(dupe) to Akitsumaru.

Last edited by KanbeKotori; 2017-09-02 at 07:16.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls