AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-21, 15:59   Link #2081
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
It's nice to see Kouko and Chinami having fun together, and Chinami's new hairstyle looks pretty good in that pic .

Though wait... is that snowman 2D-Kun ?
Old 2014-02-21, 16:46   Link #2082
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It's nice to see Kouko and Chinami having fun together, and Chinami's new hairstyle looks pretty good in that pic .

Though wait... is that snowman 2D-Kun ?
RIP 2D-Kun?

I still can't say Chinami's new hairstyle is good, but it's still a nice pic. Nice to see them having some fun in the snow .
Old 2014-02-21, 17:44   Link #2083
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

This Yana subplot is really annoying and unnecessary.
Old 2014-02-21, 17:49   Link #2084
Frontier

I wouldn't say "unnecessary." To a certain extent I think it's bringing to the fore emotions from certain characters that they would ordinarily ignore or not deal with, like Chinami's feelings for Mitsuo or Linda's unresolved feelings for Banri and general inability to handle love interests properly.

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-02-21 at 18:29.
Frontier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 17:51   Link #2085
Kakurin
大佐

Yeah, I prefer Chinami with her old hairstyle. That new one looks somehow forced, like she was trying to emulate Linda on that part...
Old 2014-02-21, 18:07   Link #2086
Frontier

I didn't think of that at first SigUp, but there's certainly the possibility that that's why she did it. Though I'd like to think Chinami is a strong enough person emotionally to not resort to something like that .

I guess Kouko is now the only girl in the cast with long hair. Actually, Linda's hair used to be in a pony tail right? So, presumably, it used to be a lot longer than it is now. Kouko, please don't cut you hair .
Old 2014-02-21, 18:15   Link #2087
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
I guess Kouko is now the only girl in the cast with long hair. Actually, Linda's hair used to be in a pony tail right? So, presumably, it used to be a lot longer than it is now. Kouko, please don't cut you hair .
That's right, in high school Linda sported long hair tied in a ponytail. Which I actually prefer, looks fresher on her.

But Kouko with short hair? That would be blasphemy!
Old 2014-02-21, 18:20   Link #2088
GDB

I prefer Chinami with short hair. Looks cute; like a pixie. She needs to drop the hat, though.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 18:40   Link #2089
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Someone protect Kouko's hair!

I wouldn't be surprised if Chinami did cut her hair for that kind of reason. Would certainly put her on the same level as Mitsuo who pretty well tried to get shaved bald after 'rejection' from Chinami.

Most of the time I just don't see a haircut in anime making the character look better. With Chinami I almost feel like it makes her look like a trap . Stick her in some male uniform and she'd probably make it work .
Old 2014-02-21, 18:50   Link #2090
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
Light novel volume 8 will be released on March 10 and from the description we have it looks like it is the last.
Light novel thread:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...106185&page=23
I don't want to dig into the LN thread because of spoilers, but what volume is the anime at currently?
Old 2014-02-21, 18:55   Link #2091
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
I wouldn't say "unnecessary." To a certain extent I think it's bringing to the fore emotions from certain characters that they would ordinarily ignore or not deal with, like Chinami's feelings for Mitsuo or Linda's unresolved feelings for Banri and general inability to handle love interests properly.
I think there are better ways they could have done that than shoehorning feelings for Linda onto Yana, and if she gets with him I never do like when they basically dump the "second girl" onto the MC's best friend just because.
Old 2014-02-21, 19:27   Link #2092
Frontier

I wouldn't necessarily call it "shoehorned." She did him a nice favor when they first met, and it seems a lot of his attraction to her stems from seeing Linda in that devil outfit at the club.

I honestly can't say I blame him .
Old 2014-02-21, 20:00   Link #2093
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I don't want to dig into the LN thread because of spoilers, but what volume is the anime at currently?
Ep 19 started vol 7 of the novels.
Old 2014-02-21, 20:08   Link #2094
ChainLegacy
廉頗

All one can think is Chinami dropped the ball spectacularly when she rejected Mitsuo originally. Granted he was drunk and it seemed joke-like, but the awkwardness afterwards made it obvious he was serious about it...
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 20:17   Link #2095
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
All one can think is Chinami dropped the ball spectacularly when she rejected Mitsuo originally. Granted he was drunk and it seemed joke-like, but the awkwardness afterwards made it obvious he was serious about it...
I feel Mitsuo is more the one who dropped the ball. Confessed because he was pretty much dared to. Then afterwards constantly ran away from Chinami, dyed his hair, and completely avoided the problem for so long it became incredibly awkward. Some of it goes to Chinami for not pushing to express her feelings, but mostly I put on Mitsuo.

I mean sure when/if Chinami looked at it from hindsight it was clear he was serious. But by that point Mitsuo was doing what he always does when it comes to trouble with women, run away.
Old 2014-02-21, 20:19   Link #2096
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I feel Mitsuo is more the one who dropped the ball. Confessed because he was pretty much dared to. Then afterwards constantly ran away from Chinami, dyed his hair, and completely avoided the problem for so long it became incredibly awkward. Some of it goes to Chinami for not pushing to express her feelings, but mostly I put on Mitsuo.
He definitely botched his initial approach to her, but he's clearly moved on, whereas she hasn't. Begs the question why she didn't just accept his initial feelings before it was too late. Strangely, she's now the loser in the situation, even though Mitsuo got rejected by her.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 20:25   Link #2097
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
He definitely botched his initial approach to her, but he's clearly moved on, whereas she hasn't. Begs the question why she didn't just accept his initial feelings before it was too late. Strangely, she's now the loser in the situation, even though Mitsuo got rejected by her.
Well unfortunately the window for accepting Mitsuo's feelings was remarkably small. One semi-drunk confession was all she had to work with. After that she couldn't even talk to him. I do think she could have shut him down better at the party, but who knows what was going on in her head at the time. Might just not be the type that takes confessions smoothly. That conversation she had with Kouko when she slept over seemed telling. If she had been more like Kouko and been able to just leap at her one chance things could have turned out better.

I do feel bad for her since she really has ended up in this odd losing position. Unfortunately just going to take some time to get past this.

I suppose one positive is seeing Mitsuo actually not run away when running into some trouble with Linda. He's still chasing this time. Just feels like a shame he couldn't have been this motivated and determined when it came to Chinami.
Old 2014-02-21, 23:19   Link #2098
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
Ep 19 started vol 7 of the novels.
wow, never seen an adaptation actually match in line with current source material and ending together at the same time.
Old 2014-02-22, 00:10   Link #2099
l.kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
wow, never seen an adaptation actually match in line with current source material and ending together at the same time.
Toradora too adapted all the source material. It would be hard to stop this anime earlier. All the volumes end with a cliffhanger and various issues are unsolved between the characters until the last volume. Only if they made it a twelve episode anime and ended it with Kouko and Banri making up after that crazy party/job.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 00:24   Link #2100
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
Toradora too adapted all the source material. It would be hard to stop this anime earlier. All the volumes end with a cliffhanger and various issues are unsolved between the characters until the last volume. Only if they made it a twelve episode anime and ended it with Kouko and Banri making up after that crazy party/job.
I think Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood did the same thing. With the last chapter coming out at around the same time as final episode.

Tags
college, comedy, drama, love triangle, romance, seinen