Notices

Old 2009-07-24, 06:25   Link #21041
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
Wouldn't that be dangerous?
No, you see Guren is God. God can do whatever he wants. Simple.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 06:33   Link #21042
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
good point
but even out of the guren kallen is still an awesome pilot
rewatch the fight with jeremia
her "point blank range blocking" was present even then
she freaking blocks a grenade aimed at her (it damages the arm though)
even HE comments about her instincts even then
Old 2009-07-24, 06:39   Link #21043
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
good point
but even out of the guren kallen is still an awesome pilot
rewatch the fight with jeremia
her "point blank range blocking" was present even then
she freaking blocks a grenade aimed at her (it damages the arm though)
even HE comments about her instincts even then
Guren makes Kallen look God, and Kallen makes Guren look God. They complete each other.
But lol that does not mean that Kallen is an ant outside that holy-mech and no one said that..
And WE have WATCHED scenes with KALLEN, we do NOT need to RE WATCH what JEREMIAH said about HER. //something is wrong with my typing, orz
Old 2009-07-24, 06:43   Link #21044
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
No, you see Guren is God. God can do whatever he wants. Simple.
Well, the Guren's signature attack technically is a facepalm...

Also, on last bit on the Marianne piloting thing. She became Charles' consort for being the Ganymede's pilot, so at the time of her death, she had been a pilot for over a decade, as Lelouch was 10. That would be a good amount of time for her to rack up a fair number of duels (possibly against multiple opponents) and a wide variety of field tests, many of which would probably involve some weapons designed for KMF's. She may have been the inspiration for designing KMF's to duel each other, even if she "died" before they came out.

As such, I do believe that a Kallen vs. Marianne battle would be an interesting match. Kallen would have the Guren and Marianne's frame would be able to do...those delightful high kicks.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 11:58   Link #21045
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Like promised, 1 step more near to the big event:

Spoiler for spoiler:
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 14:57   Link #21046
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
Wouldn't that be dangerous?
Well all she has to do is NOT activate the radiation claw

Anyway, looks good bonzo. I'm LOLing at Lelouch in the top right panel. And what's Shirley going on about in that one panel?
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 15:08   Link #21047
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Also, Vlad, seriously? Like, SERIOUSLY? You even thought of vs-ing Marriane and Kallen? That is an insult. Guren must be facepalming hard now.
Hey hey it was that, silence, or Kallen's tits talk. Plus no one said Kallen & Gurren would lose. The talk has been if Marianne could even hold her own and not get WTF pwned like Bradley's Harem.

I got at least a page out of it so I call it a success.
Old 2009-07-24, 15:17   Link #21048
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Anyway, looks good bonzo. I'm LOLing at Lelouch in the top right panel. And what's Shirley going on about in that one panel?
Well:
1) all that white space is about a big conversation between a lot of people inside C world and Lelouch listen them inside his head.

2)Thanks to C.C Shirley can speak with Lelouch, and simply she's saying to Lelouch a "menace" like "you'll catch it, if you made Kallen look a fool!"

In italian "Lelouch, guai a te se fai fare brutta figura a Kallen!"
Old 2009-07-24, 15:33   Link #21049
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

she wouldnt last more then a few seconds if its the SEITEN
its just too powerful

but if kallen was using the kasoshiki (or better yet, just ground combat) she'd still be completely out matched
kallen's the best close combat pilot there is
and i cant picture marianne as the long range combat type (just like i cornellia isnt)
Old 2009-07-24, 16:05   Link #21050
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Hey hey it was that, silence, or Kallen's tits talk. Plus no one said Kallen & Gurren would lose. The talk has been if Marianne could even hold her own and not get WTF pwned like Bradley's Harem.

I got at least a page out of it so I call it a success.

We never saw shit of Marianne piloting or stuff, this comparison would be imaginary and futile. I mean, ahhh, "i got a comparizzzzon you guys, how about Kallen vs Jesus Yamato?"

Seriously.

But anyway, if the thread is about how pages "one" might get and shit like this, then have fun you guys.
Old 2009-07-24, 16:08   Link #21051
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:

But anyway, if the thread is about how pages "one" might get and shit like this, then have fun you guys.
i dont get what you just said at all
Old 2009-07-24, 16:13   Link #21052
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
i dont get what you just said at all
What you did not get exactly? I answered directly to yvj's idea of success on this thread.
Old 2009-07-24, 16:13   Link #21053
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:

We never saw shit of Marianne piloting or stuff, this comparison would be imaginary and futile. I mean, ahhh, "i got a comparizzzzon you guys, how about Kallen vs Jesus Yamato?"

Seriously.

I'd rather have that then silence. I'm open to any alternatives.
Old 2009-07-24, 16:14   Link #21054
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
I'd rather have that then silence. I'm open to any alternatives.
Well personally, i prefer silence at times, rather than seeing tons of posts, with one talking about thing a, other with thing b, another one with thing z and so on. And in the end, nothing making sense and you are like "ah, this thread has been bombed. bad."
But anyway, that might be me, you guys seem to enjoy your posts lately here, so keep it up.
Old 2009-07-24, 16:17   Link #21055
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:

Actually, uh, as I said before, we did see Marianne pilot once. When she, disguised as Anya, fought Bismarck when Lelouch went after Charles.
Old 2009-07-24, 16:18   Link #21056
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Actually, uh, as I said before, we did see Marianne pilot once. When she, disguised as Anya, fought Bismarck when Lelouch went after Charles.
Ah, uh, ok. That is enough then to compare her with someone that had million mins fighting over the show. You learn something new everyday, check that out.
Old 2009-07-24, 16:21   Link #21057
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Well personally, i prefer silence at times, rather than seeing tons of posts, with one talking about thing a, other with thing b, another one with thing z and so on. And in the end, nothing making sense and you are like "ah, this thread has been bombed. bad."
But anyway, that might be me, you guys seem to enjoy your posts lately here, so keep it up.
Like I said I'm willing to discuss any alternatives. The thread already went through some silent days not too long ago.

I do think some people would like to talk about something rather than see nothing.
Old 2009-07-24, 16:24   Link #21058
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Like I said I'm willing to discuss any alternatives. The thread already went through some silent days not too long ago.

I do think some people would like to talk about something rather than see nothing.
Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion. People can enjoy alternatives, like i can think that this argument was just there for people to say "ffff, see, Kallen thread is ALWAYS ACTIVE!!11"
Old 2009-07-24, 17:03   Link #21059
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Quote:
Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion. People can enjoy alternatives, like i can think that this argument was just there for people to say "ffff, see, Kallen thread is ALWAYS ACTIVE!!11"
Then, just to continue, this is the Dialogue/farewell between Ougi and Kallen, Nobodyman9 fixed my bad english:

A park, near the FLEIJA crater.
Ougi is sitting on a bench, seemingly waiting for somebody:

O: You came
K: Yes, what do you want?
O: Well, I just wanted to talk with you a little. How are you? I see the shadows under your eyes are finally gone. I remember all the make-up you put on your face to cover them up during my wedding…(Ougi smiles)
K: I’m okay. How are your wife and the baby?
O: We’re doing well. About…well, I want to try to clear up the situation, because…
K: Is it about what I said at the end of your wedding?
O: That’s part of it. After all, you could imagine the surprise of everyone there after you asked forgiveness from all of them since, like a Britannian, you’ll be leaving Japan. Kaguya told me the departure is in two days.
K: I have my reasons
O: Yes, I know. Lelouch…but didn’t you ever think of returning to school so you could be with your old schoolmates? Your friends?
K: How dare you?! I’ve killed many Britannians…any of the soldiers or civilians I killed could’ve been their parents, friends, brothers, sisters…
O: Kallen, I understand, but you were just following orders.
K: Bullshit! Just because I was a soldier does that mean I was immune to these feelings of guilt?! I fought for justice, for Japan, but how many people really deserved to die?! How many of them just obeyed orders like me?!
O: That’s enough, don’t say anymore…

A silent break between them:

O: You know, somebody asked me to be elected the new Japanese Prime Minister, but I refused.
K: Too hard for you?
O: Heh…I don’t feel that I’m good enough for that responsibility. I did what I could to protect our country, but all my choices were…wrong! I was too naïve, I wasn’t able to tell apart the truth from the lies. I betrayed Zero and made an alliance with somebody more dangerous than him.
K: Oh well, a politician must be able to lie. In that case…I guess it’s not the right job for you!
O: Hahaha…very funny

A couple with their child, walk in front of them. Kallen has a sad smile.

O: Are you imagining yourself and Lelouch in the same situation?
K: Nobody can stop me from dreaming.
O: You really love him a lot. No doubt, considering you were ready to die to protect him.
K: You did the same with Viletta. Sayoko told me what you did in China.
O: ………maybe this is the real reason why I can’t really hate Ze-Lelouch, you know something I don't know.
K: I known his real self. You could speak with him like a human being instead of just about war operations and personal interests...Lelouch is a good person. In the end, he was ready to die for our future.
O: I know, about what I knew, you’re the only one Lelouch was truly sincere to…
K: Speaking of sincerity, I want an answer from you, a sincere answer.

(Kallen gazes at Ougi with a very serious expression)

O: You can trust me
K: Like how I trusted you the two times you used me?
O: Kallen, I did it to keep you away from the war (chp23)
K: Yes, but when you used me to take Lelouch to your ambush, then you really used me! (turn19) My question is about that time!
O: I know what you’re going to ask…
K: Ougi, if Lelouch had not lied to me so I would move away from him, and if I had chosen to protect him, would you have killed me too?
O: I would save Japan
K: You’re saying the truth, but you’re avoiding the subject.
O: I was sure you wouldn’t have done it.
K: How could you be so sure?
O: Like me, Lelouch used you, it was...implied.
K: Heh…you thought only through suppositions, without certainty. Unlike you, Zero always had certainty and the consequences of his actions on his shoulders! Ougi-san, in spite of you, I really trust Lelouch, because I knew he…wanted to keep me away from the conflict even in the beginning.
O: Are you really sure about that?
K: Yes, now, more than ever! And…
O: What?
K: Lelouch succeeded in escaping thanks to Rolo, but maybe if you had killed him…then we would be dead too.
O: How can you say that?
K: Anya, outside the Ikaruga in her knightmare had a FLEIJA bomb. I think…if Lelouch had died, then after Schneizel left…
O: ………………
K: And another thing…after your death, my brother would have reprimanded you VERY severely.
O: Where will you go now?
K: A faraway place, where it will be very hard for somebody to recognize us. I just want to live in peace....with him.
O: Will you return to Japan some day?
K: I don’t have anyone here now, and there are too many painful memories in this place…
O: I see.
K: Ougi-sa…Mr. Kaname, I’ll say goodbye at the airport. Take care of your family and…from time to time could you put flowers on my mother’s grave?
O: I will…

About the comic version of it...in the future, not now.
Old 2009-07-24, 22:47   Link #21060
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Well, I'd mostly have to agree with you here. Most of the most active members here are Kallen/Kalulu fans so naturally there's going to be a trend of favoritism for this thread. I mean, I don't see anyone fretting over the Lelouch or Suzaku thread (I don't think anyone's posted on the Suzaku thread for two weeks ) But even so, frivolous or not, as long as it's Kallen-related and makes for decent conversation I guess it's technically not really a problem.

All I'm gonna say is, if that's the really the reason why people are posting on this thread, just to ensure that it's still active and remains dominant, then I think it's for the wrong reasons. Conversation like this should just come natural and shouldn't be forced. So yeah, that's all.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote