Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-14, 13:11   Link #2161
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Actualy I am pretty sure that's even less probable
I disagree, she might look and act like a bitch, but there's more to her, and Hayato surely is aware of this since they're friends, proof of this is she talked to Hikio out of worry for her friends.
Heat066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 13:24   Link #2162
Tenzen12

My issue isn't with Miuara (she is both good character and person), but with Hayato himself. He is even more hanged on mantaining status quo than Hachiman. Their "relationship" works solely on his effort to get along with everyone so he doesn't refuse her directly even if he doesn't even consider romantic relationship with her.

And it's rather obvious he doesn't.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 13:41   Link #2163
Heat066

Quote:
My issue isn't with Miuara (she is both good character and person), but with Hayato himself. He is even more hanged on mantaining status quo than Hachiman. Their "relationship" works solely on his effort to get along with everyone so he doesn't refuse her directly even if he doesn't even consider romantic relationship with her.

And it's rather obvious he doesn't.
You say it like he only uses her as an excuse to maintain his circle of friends, this is far from being Hayama, he surely cares for her just like he would for Tobe.

We don't know much about their relationship, so I wouldn't go saying he doesn't want anything with her out of the blue.
Old 2014-04-14, 13:57   Link #2164
Tenzen12

Yeah, that's my point. He care about her EXACTLY just like he would for Tobe.

Lets be honest they are second years, their group very likely formed in first days of their high school life, Yumiko likes him minimaly half year but probably it can be dated to first months as well. This more than just taking things steady.

Yet Hayato would act as nice to any girl which includes Saki, Sagami or friend of Orimoto even if he doesn't particulary care about them.

And lastly Yukino takes priority over Miura whenever it count.

By now we know a lot about their relationship, we SAW it and have quite acurate idea about personality of each of them. That's why it has even lesser chance for sucess than Hayato x Yukino where there is lot of blank places that can mean anything.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2014-04-14 at 14:15.
Old 2014-04-14, 15:12   Link #2165
Raine721

I'm not in the yukinoxhayama train either based on what I've read so far and what the story is telling us about the relationship. Even if there is, it's already in the past. Sure they might fit each other nicely but that's only what people think about them but not what the story sets them up to be. Then again, I doubt there's any couple at the end at all.
Raine721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 15:22   Link #2166
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

6th chapter of the first book is completely translated on NanoDesu.

Concerning the hypothetical HayatoxYukino ending the Tobe and Ebina incident from the 7th novel would look like a kindergarten quarrel to the Hayato group.
Remember the Hachiman thoughts about the possible implications of divide et impera tactics concerning the student elections from the 7th chapter.

Quote:
And then Yukinoshita would retaliate with double the payback and Miura would cry. But having those two taking unnecessary damage was out of the question.
I think that the last thing Hayato would want is something like that because, in the end, he would replicate the same problem from the past. I'm not sure that Miura could tolerate Yukinoshita. On the other hand, she did not say anything after she saw Hayato on the "date", so who knows what would happen. Still, the possibility of the group being done for exists. Even Miura herself said that she liked the group as it is now. It could be a reason why she doesn't push harder on Hayato and confesses.

That's why everything is wrong as expected. All characters are somehow locked down by the past and the present so they need to break out. And by doing so they can cause problems for others.

In the end it is too early to tell. We can see the first signs of Hikki changing his ways of thinking and acknowledging the importance of friendship. Maybe on a smaller level we see that change in Hayato too (how he exited for a moment the "good guy image" and hurt others in the process). It's still not big enough to shake up things. Don't know what the author has prepared in the future for us but most likely will be more changes in the way the characters act.

Well if I went on a wild speculation spree in the vein of the great poet George Lucas that once said : "Every stanza kinda rhymes with the last one. Hopefully it would work" I could see a symmetric, mirroring ending where both Yukino and Hachiman end up alone but as better people or hook up with someone else. Both bittersweet endings that could fit.
lijenstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 15:31   Link #2167
Zoman

I would categorize Yumiko and Hayoto relationship as one way relationship. Where one party likes the person but the person is indifferent to party. Same case can be applied to these people: Yui-Hachiman, Tobe-Hina, Hayoto-Yukino, and possibly Saki-Hachiman. I don't know about Hachiman-Yukino case. She started to show some signs she liked him before the huge fallout in the club. The question is which person will most likely reciprocate the feeling for other party. I don't see Hayoto reciprocating Yumiko's feelings because he has always liked Yukino first. I can't see him giving up on Yukino until the bitter end. His feelings for Yukino were sprinkled throughout the series. He could be huge factor when the novels come to an end where Hachiman and Yukino's relationship is finally resolved.

Last edited by Zoman; 2014-04-14 at 15:52.
Zoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 15:55   Link #2168
Heat066

Quote:
Yeah, that's my point. He care about her EXACTLY just like he would for Tobe.

Lets be honest they are second years, their group very likely formed in first days of their high school life, Yumiko likes him minimaly half year but probably it can be dated to first months as well. This more than just taking things steady.

Yet Hayato would act as nice to any girl which includes Saki, Sagami or friend of Orimoto even if he doesn't particulary care about them.

And lastly Yukino takes priority over Miura whenever it count.

By now we know a lot about their relationship, we SAW it and have quite acurate idea about personality of each of them. That's why it has even lesser chance for sucess than Hayato x Yukino where there is lot of blank places that can mean anything.
Ok I get your point, but my point is because he cares for Miura as a close friend ,the possibility of her being a love interest for him cannot be disregarded.

Now, Yukino a priority over Miura? I don't remember him ever helping her on her harshest times, if anything he has made everything worse for her in the past, so with that in mind what makes you think Yukino has more of a possibility than Miura?
Old 2014-04-14, 16:15   Link #2169
Tenzen12

There were only two times when, Hayato steped out of his role of peacemaker. One was in recent chapter where he told off Orimoto and co off, another one happaned before on camp when he openly stood for Yukino and said Yumiko shut up. You remember that one, don't you?

Right now Yukino and incident behind their past is only force that cam make Hayato status quo, his god. He will not risk his group for anything less. In metter of relationships he is as broken as Yukino or Hachiman, he is just better in hidding that fact.

But realy, I said that already.
Old 2014-04-14, 17:05   Link #2170
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
There were only two times when, Hayato steped out of his role of peacemaker. One was in recent chapter where he told off Orimoto and co off, another one happaned before on camp when he openly stood for Yukino and said Yumiko shut up. You remember that one, don't you?

Right now Yukino and incident behind their past is only force that cam make Hayato status quo, his god. He will not risk his group for anything less. In metter of relationships he is as broken as Yukino or Hachiman, he is just better in hidding that fact.

That's kind of the way I see it.

Hachiman: Keeps everyone at a distance and hurts himself to prevent anyone from hurting him. He also minimizes the damage to others by doing this.

Hayama: Smiles for everyone and is friendly to everyone but keeps everyone at a distance to keep them from being hurt by him. He also keeps himself from being harmed by doing this.

This kind of makes them polar opposites but so far in either direction that it's unhealthy for both of them. I kind of see this as to why Hayama gets so upset with Hachiman harming himself emotionally. It's like watching someone self destruct IRL, it may be none of my business but it pisses me off to watch it for some reason.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 17:36   Link #2171
Heat066

Quote:

Well that makes something clear, he doesn't favors Yukino over Miura.

Simply speaking, he will defend what's right regardless of who it is, at that incident Miura was wrong, so he told her to cut it out. That doesn't mean he hates her or anything.
Old 2014-04-14, 18:42   Link #2172
femrilu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
That's kind of the way I see it.

Hachiman: Keeps everyone at a distance and hurts himself to prevent anyone from hurting him. He also minimizes the damage to others by doing this.

Hayama: Smiles for everyone and is friendly to everyone but keeps everyone at a distance to keep them from being hurt by him. He also keeps himself from being harmed by doing this.

This kind of makes them polar opposites but so far in either direction that it's unhealthy for both of them. I kind of see this as to why Hayama gets so upset with Hachiman harming himself emotionally. It's like watching someone self destruct IRL, it may be none of my business but it pisses me off to watch it for some reason.
Well, both of them are working towards selfdestruction or rather unfulfilled life.
While the ways are different, both of them will end up 'basically' the same.
While Hikki will be alone by himself without any social contacts around him, Hayama might have social contacts, but due to his behavior these social contacts are nulified for him, leading to the same alone-being as hikki.

And I did not read the last pages, but reading the new updates makes me want the SakiXHikki ship to leave it's habor, pls.
femrilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 00:28   Link #2173
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat066 View Post
Well that makes something clear, he doesn't favors Yukino over Miura.

Simply speaking, he will defend what's right regardless of who it is, at that incident Miura was wrong, so he told her to cut it out. That doesn't mean he hates her or anything.
I disagree with that, Hayama avoid conflict regardless who is right or wrong usualy. He try act as mediator not as judge and when he steps out of that role it clearly shows who and what he find realy important.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2014-04-15 at 01:06.
Old 2014-04-15, 01:00   Link #2174
Flunch

Srsly guys, you know, this romantic comedy might be really wrong as we expected. No Hachiman x Yukino! There's only Hachiman x Shizuko XD Wanna see Shizukawaii again T_T
Flunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 01:30   Link #2175
Heat066

Quote:
I disagree with that, Hayama avoid conflict regardless who is right or wrong usualy. He try act as mediator not as judge and when he steps out of that role it clearly shows who and what he find realy important.
So, you're saying he wouldn't do the same for Yumiko in a similar situation?
Old 2014-04-15, 02:31   Link #2176
Tenzen12

Yeah he wouldn't, he would either played whole things to the out, or would be like: "lets everyone calm down and to be nice to each other."

That's how Hayama doing things by default.
Old 2014-04-15, 03:06   Link #2177
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunch View Post
Srsly guys, you know, this romantic comedy might be really wrong as we expected. No Hachiman x Yukino! There's only Hachiman x Shizuko XD Wanna see Shizukawaii again T_T
I feel like someone should stop and appreciate this world play.

I appreciate this word play.

But I still ship Hikki x Yukino

I can't help it. I can agree, that there are some moments, some hints, some implications that Hayama x Yukino might be a thing. I think future volumes will either build or trust that, but it remains a possibility at the moment. They clearly have a history, Hayama clearly has an agenda. Maybe he likes her, maybe he just wants to make up with her and be friends, maybe he just wants to get their relationship to a place where they can have a clean slate and no grudges. It's not known for sure yet, but he definitely does want something. So there might be something, down the line. Just because you're against Hayama X Yukino, which I personally am very very against it, there's no reason to ignore a valid possibility.

I think If hikki's going to get any relationships in place the sisters will have to pull some more schemes. By sisters, Either Komachi or Haruno. Imagine if they decided to ship Hikki X Yukino and work on it together.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 06:07   Link #2178
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat066 View Post
So, you're saying he wouldn't do the same for Yumiko in a similar situation?
If you remember, he had to rely on Hikki of all people to do something about one member of his clique falling for another, for it would break the precious status quo. I honestly don't think he'd do anything different for a girl he basically friendzoned.

True, he is a good guy, socially adjusted, nice to everyone, but apparently extremely conflict-averse. (just like Hikki, lol). So he ain't no saint in these matters.
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 08:58   Link #2179
Joseito1875

Can anybody read what is says here?
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-23239.html

Apparently a second season was confirmed.
Joseito1875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 09:09   Link #2180
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseito1875 View Post
Can anybody read what is says here?
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-23239.html

Apparently a second season was confirmed.
Yeah, it seems that a second season was green lighted (期 should be season, right? ).

Now the question would be what are they going to animate? the side story .x volumes are more or less a follow up to volume 6 on character development, so they would be a logical step. They also have some cool twists and they seem to end in a happy note..... Now, if the next volume ends in a happy note, it would also be a good point to stop a series, after all, most of the previous volumes have been full of dorama and "oh crap" endings

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck