AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Old 2008-04-10, 06:53   Link #201
juss
KANAME SENPAIIIIII!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun View Post

well vampires especially in shoujo manga have always had a bit of the erotic feel, in the sense that even the bite is considered as a vampire kiss. Look forward to how they actually animate those scenes

Heh, well yeah, I guess that didn't come out quite right. Vampires are generally considered erotic, but I guess the point that I was failing to make was that VK is....doing a good job of it. A lot of vampire narratives are just tits and gore (or in R +V's case, knickers and stuff) whereas I think that the whole design of VK, with the contrast between the blacks, whites and heavy doses of red, along with a very sexy, potential dangerous romance narrative works a treat.
juss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 08:04   Link #202
FuzzyWuzzy

Nice episode. It wasn't great or anything like that but it was intriguing. At the ED I saw the girl having red eyes, I wonder if Kaname bit her and then erased/altered her memory when she was 5. Zero is definitely a vampire. I wonder if he is half vampire or full vampire or if there are stages to becoming a vampire and he is on stage 1.

Well I'll just watch some more. I hate anime like these that come from the manga, they are usually very limited in the ending. I hope they handle it well.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 08:24   Link #203
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I think Zero may be something like Blade or D. But I can be wrong.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 08:34   Link #204
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I watched the first episode. It's better than I expected. I SO LOVE IT xD

I am also very in love with the OP as well *_* Awesomeness xD
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 09:51   Link #205
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Oh wow. I never had any expectation for this show, even lower than Zettai Karen and it blew me away.

The visuals is probably Studio Deen's best (I was shocked when I saw the ending credits), the seiyuu work is amazing thanks to its allstar cast (Yori sounding like Shigofumi's Fumika, and Zero reminded me of Setsuna F Seiei but both awesome).

The plot is already thickening by end of episode 1, and the most important of all: The vampires actually seem really threatening compared to the action-anime vampires that seem more human and don't really have the power of allure mythical, romantic vampires are supposed to have.

As for the music, it's all very stereotypically gothic, but I really wouldn't have it any other way. The ED sounds genuinely creepy and the cathedral/Gregorian chants set a pretty dark mood. I love it. Not exactly what I desired after having a nightmare just now, but the show actually was still pretty creepy despite a real nightmare. heh
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 09:53   Link #206
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Zero is definitely a vampire. I wonder if he is half vampire or full vampire or if there are stages to becoming a vampire and he is on stage 1.
Let me refer you to my earlier comment on this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Anyway, Zero's situation will be explained pretty quickly. We'll have to wait quite a bit longer for the opening scene to be properly explained. Here's a general little note which is already seen in the first ep though not fully explained - in this series, there are multiple grades of vampire at a biological level.
Once we get into Zero's background story-arc (a few eps most likely) then we'll get the outline explanation of how things work in this series. It would be easy to spoil things so I'm trying to avoid that - besides, it's not impossible that the anime will take a different tack, though there's no indication of that so far.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 10:36   Link #207
FuzzyWuzzy

That blonde hair vampire is kind of funny. I wonder if he will die. He probably peed on his pants when he heard the gun shot. He was trying to be cool and then BAM.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 11:27   Link #208
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ moments like that don't happen often much in the manga. humor goes out the window soon. (unless they change it from the source material)

so i'm looking forward to see what they'll animate in the show. there's a lot story to choose from and a whole bunch of omgwtf moments.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 11:29   Link #209
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
That blonde hair vampire is kind of funny. I wonder if he will die. He probably peed on his pants when he heard the gun shot. He was trying to be cool and then BAM.
Aidou is freakin' adorable xD And I think he's voiced by Jun Fukuyama. FukuJun used the Watanuki of xxxHolic voice on him. DOUBLE the adorableness xD YAY!
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 11:33   Link #210
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
...The visuals is probably Studio Deen's best (I was shocked when I saw the ending credits)....
Studio Deen does well when they have Nishida Asako involved. She did the character design for this (adapted it from the manga), and was animation director/character designer for Simoun and Touka Gettan.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 11:34   Link #211
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Nice episode. It wasn't great or anything like that but it was intriguing. At the ED I saw the girl having red eyes, I wonder if Kaname bit her and then erased/altered her memory when she was 5.
According to Senestra, where bitten = turning - If Kaname had bitten her, then wouldn't she be a Vampire right now? But from episode one, one gets the sense that she isn't - otherwise, Zero wouldn't be so kind to her.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Hm, good point. Thats why i said its hard for me to speculate without knowing how the vampire lore works here. But, here is a thought - being a vampire himself, it might not be impossible for Zero to have some insight regarding Yuuki's true self (assuming that is indeed the case and i am not just being delusional). If she is indeed something "abnormal"(which i find very likely) chances are high the headmaster would know and had informed Zero about some of the circumstances to avoid conflict/help cover the truth.

And consider this - if she indeed is a vampire (or a "doll"), that means the headmaster has been hiding the truth from her for various reasons (perhaps he wants her to live a normal life ? Perhaps her vampire self was so dangerous it had to be sealed? To protect herself from her past?). Now, given the environment she lives in, he must have considered the possibility of such accruing. We can also assume that all she knows about vampires as the "truth" has been told by the headmaster. If he indeed wants to conceal her true identity (be it a vampire or a "doll"), him telling her lies (to put it bluntly) to provide explanation for such situations is not unimaginable.

... or i might be completely in the left field, providing good material for the manga readers to laugh at. Who knows
If Zero has the faintest notion that Yuuki is a vampire (that is, IF she is truly a vampire as you speculate) then I wouldn't think he'd be so comfortable around her, least of all show such kindness to her (ie. use his tie to stop her bleeding). The hatred we know Zero harbours for Vampires is much too great for him to make any exceptions, even when it comes to Yuuki.

About the Headmaster hiding secrets, it's obvious he knows more about the current situation than he lets on. One interesting quote he said (more under his breath) in response to Zero's demand that someone else do the prefecture work was that the prefecture duties could only be carried out by Yuuki and Zero, then he continued by saying it was because they were the only ones he can trust. But from the way he said the first line, makes one wonder.

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2008-04-10 at 11:59.
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 11:41   Link #212
Westlo
Lets be reality

Simoun or R.O.D TV (if you want to count it since it was a co production with J.C Staff) are probably the best tv shows by DEEN when it comes to visuals.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 11:45   Link #213
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Studio Deen does well when they have Nishida Asako involved. She did the character design for this (adapted it from the manga), and was animation director/character designer for Simoun and Touka Gettan.
Now that you mention it, I agree.

Touka Gettan was the singular most visually captivating one, though its plot was pretty crazy.
Old 2008-04-10, 11:46   Link #214
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Now that you mention it, I agree.

Touka Gettan was the singular most visually captivating one, though its plot was pretty crazy.
The most captivating thing in TG was that chicks thigh highs.... I forgot about TG it was pretty good too but I think Simoun was slightly better and ROD TV easily if it counts.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 12:06   Link #215
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

I dont usually watch shojo anime, but the screen caps seems interesting. i'll try out a few episodes.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 12:09   Link #216
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
The most captivating thing in TG was that chicks thigh highs.... I forgot about TG it was pretty good too but I think Simoun was slightly better and ROD TV easily if it counts.
ROD had a nice, clean look (that clean look may be attributable to JC Staff). Simoun was pretty. The thing with Touka Gettan was how drastic its look was at times. Not as consistent, but when it was pretty, it was eyepopping for me. But Vampire Knight seems to be a return to form for the most part. The animation was nice and fluid too, for being a shoujo show.
Old 2008-04-10, 12:20   Link #217
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
im actually surprised to see so many people commenting on the limited comedy in the series, i cant wait to see the posts after the mind raping starts----------> insert evil laugh here
Old 2008-04-10, 12:30   Link #218
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
im actually surprised to see so many people commenting on the limited comedy in the series, i cant wait to see the posts after the mind raping starts----------> insert evil laugh here
My only concern is if they don't stick to the manga but I don't think that'll happen to a great extent, so I'm letting out a happy glee early.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 12:32   Link #219
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
My only concern is if they don't stick to the manga but I don't think that'll happen to a great extent, so I'm letting out a happy glee early.
im pretty confident about it which is why im so excited to see certain scenes animated. Plus watching everyone speculate as to what is really going on is fun too
Old 2008-04-10, 13:08   Link #220
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
One thing that has been bothering me - it was only a little bit, but Aido did bite Yuuki. Isn't that supposed to have some consequences ? (Though hard to tell for me without knowing how exactly the vampire lore works in VK). Or perhaps the lack of any consequences is a hint in itself ? If i assume the second, it gives some room for speculation tied together with another element - her memory loss. Obviously she didn't lose her memories prior to 10 years just like that - there has got to be something behind it.

At the moment i can think of two possibilities - first would be that she is some sort of a "doll" (this would tie nicely with the ED). Some sort of a "clone" (perhaps of the real Yuuki who would be dead?) or artificial human, created 10 years ago for some purpose, but somehow ended up being saved by Kaname. That would explain her memory lapse and maybe why she is not affected by the bite - she wouldn't be a "real" human.

The other far fetched theory i have is that she actually could be a vampire herself ... who somehow got sealed 10 years ago and lost all her memories of before, thus forgetting her vampire self. This would explain why she is not affected by the bite and would explain why the headmaster was willing to take her in - both her and Zero are special cases. The problem i have with this is that i don't think a simple memory loss would make things like bloodlust go away.

Oh well, don't mind me - just rambling here ... its just that i get the feeling there will be much more going on than a simple pseudo love triangle

Spoiler: