Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-08, 14:17   Link #201
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I'm sorry, your word choice is just false. Luffy has never done anything to steal other people's glory, and he has never gone out of his way to achieve fame (which is what glory hogs do). Luffy is certainly ignorant, and even arrogant (then again, who isn't in the One Piece universe), but he is not even close to being a glory hog.

Honestly, the mere fact that you think Luffy is at war only to outshine Whitebeard is not only false, but it shows your clear bias against Luffy, which seems to prevent you from actually reading much of the manga without expressing groundless hatred.
James you must be a Luffy fanboy to not even sense that I am merely just taking harmless shot at Luffy aka JK. Heck me making up that story in the last post should have been enough for you to notice. Take off the Luffy shades, bring out the fanboi in you is two easy now.

Quote:
As I said, from an artistic perspective, Oda's spreads are the best. Clear lines, beautiful interplay of perspective (foreground and background interact wonderfully in many of his colour spreads), great character silhouettes, etc, all combine into a very nicely done package that is well above any of the other mangaka in Shounen Jump.
and as I said, Oda spreads are not the best in jump when it comes down to opinions, (for this discussion is going to boil down to just that,) all of Odas spreads are wack for the simple reason they lack rawness. These gay happy land spread may give you something to clap about but not me, and from an artistic perspective....its a waste.

Quote:
Now, from a content perspective, I do agree that very rarely do any of the colour spreads have anything to do with the story, but I do not see why that is bad. Most colour spreads, no matter the manga, generally have little to do with the actual chapter at hand (besides featuring key characters (ala all the Sasuke and Naruto spreads, that have little content, but at least show the 2 characters), which this spread does anyway).
They don't have to be about the story to be raw, that's pretty much a given.

Quote:
Obviously, you have never heard of KY Jelly...

You do not have to fondle your imagination to appreciate a character design .
LOL!

Quote:
So you have read through 533 chapters for the dozen or so that have dealt with Whitebeard? Wow, I don't know if that is dedication or insanity but it is certainly impressive, even if strange.
Naw more like One Piece was falling off and the King had to step in and set things right, thus I won't drop this manga. (For now)
Old 2009-08-08, 14:23   Link #202
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Sorry to digress, but I just wanted to visually record the whereabouts of the currently scattered Straw Hat crew:

Luffy: at Marineford, ready for war to save Ace.
Zoro: with Perona on the creepy island (I don't recall if the title pages showed him getting free)
Sanji: running away from Okama Kingdom Island
Nami: Sky Weather Island (that one was convenient for her)
Robin: that physical labor slave island for cons and pirates, etc. (according to the title pages, she's broken free)
Franky: that wintery island, teaching those Inuit-looking characters the pervert dance
Chopper: running away on that jungle looking island from those guys who are trying to eat him
Usopp: I forgot.... I remember he was with some dudes somewhere doing something.
Brook: I don't recall if it was addressed or not....

Can anyone help me out with these last two? Also, if anyone recalls any of the title page illustrations that further illustrate what's happening with them, that would be appreciated too. Thanks.
Old 2009-08-08, 14:34   Link #203
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
James you must be a Luffy fanboy to not even sense that I am merely just taking harmless shot at Luffy aka JK. Heck me making up that story in the last post should have been enough for you to notice. Take off the Luffy shades, bring out the fanboi in you is two easy now.
Actually, I am not a Luffy fanboy (I will admit to being a One Piece fanboy at best, but that doesn't mean I am overly subjective.). My favourite Strawhats are actually Zoro and Sanji tied for 1st place, then Usopp in 2nd, then finally Luffy in 3rd.

If you want people to know you are joking, add an emoticon, otherwise it sounds like you are needlessly bashing characters for no reason (addmittedly, you are still needlessly bashing Luffy, even if as a joke, considering that he has never once been definable as a glory hog).

Quote:
and from an artistic perspective....its a waste.
Actually, you are not complaining about an artisitc perspective, your beef is only with the content.
Old 2009-08-08, 16:26   Link #204
Prestige

Mold is just silly hater-troll that hasnt really contributed these threads anyway except just constantly bashing Luffy and Oda with his idiotic reasons, I wonder what is his favorite manga.

Quote:
Naw more like One Piece was falling off and the King had to step in and set things right, thus I won't drop this manga. (For now)
Please do drop this manga and go troll somewhere else, you have made your point how much you despise Luffy and Oda in last 10 chapter discussion threads, but before you go can you care to elaborate how excatly you are dissapointed in this series besides the fact that you hate Luffy and Oda because he is focusing in his main charecter?

I have recently visited some manga/anime forums and communitys (not AP) and what I have generally seen that almost everyone is extremely happy with OP lately and more and less dissapointed in other two series of 'trinity'.

I have to say that you are most negative poster against OP who is actively reading manga that I have to seen and thats why I would like you to reason of your...dislike against OP

Well its pretty shame that WSJ are taking brake though no doubt they need their brakes and it gives mangakas some breather, no OP or Beelzebub (I do really enjoy Beelzebub) and other mangas for next week but its not end of the world.
Old 2009-08-08, 16:35   Link #205
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
I have recently visited some manga/anime forums and communitys (not AP) and what I have generally seen that almost everyone is extremely happy with OP lately and more and less dissapointed in other two series of 'trinity'.
I would agree with this. I only recently really got into One Piece, and I like it the best of the three, and find it the most involved and imaginative, as well as entertaining and amusing. I like that the arcs are so long, but have so much detail and stuff going on, that it doesn't seem like they're as long as they are.

I would say Naruto's a distant second, because I have been somewhat frustrated with the second season, but I really liked most of the first season and the premise of the series.

I dropped Bleach a while ago, not because of lack of interest, but because of laziness, lol, though I did find the battles kind of monotonous and repetitive. I should pick it back up and see how it's doing now..... but once again, I digress
Old 2009-08-08, 16:53   Link #206
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by James0246
Actually, I am not a Luffy fanboy (I will admit to being a One Piece fanboy at best, but that doesn't mean I am overly subjective.). My favourite Strawhats are actually Zoro and Sanji tied for 1st place, then Usopp in 2nd, then finally Luffy in 3rd.
Zoro is the best SH, I don't know how you could have him tie with Sanji, but whatever floats your boat. I would like to here your reasons for that tie BTW.

Quote:
Mold is just silly hater-troll that hasnt really contributed these threads anyway except just constantly bashing Luffy and Oda with his idiotic reasons, I wonder what is his favorite manga.
I contributed more then what you have, Wether it be positive or negative, but an Oda groupie such as yourself would see anything as NOT kissing Odas a$$ as trolling or not contributing to the One Piece sub forum.

Quote:
Please do drop this manga and go troll discuss somewhere else,
Why when things are just getting good in One Piece? and your post was edited for canon accuracy.

Quote:
you have made your point how much you despise Luffy and Oda in last 10 chapter discussion threads, but before you go can you care to elaborate how excatly you are dissapointed in this series besides the fact that you hate Luffy and Oda because he is focusing in his main charecter?
When did I ever state I hate Luffy or Oda? Care to stop putting words in my mouth groupie, nor did I ever state Odas focusing on his main character is a problem.

Quote:
I've seen the opposite, you AP poster boy, but in any case I don't follow what the mindless masses like or dislike, so that right there don't mean anything, to me in a discussion.

Quote:
I have to say that you are most negative poster against OP who is actively reading manga that I have to seen and thats why I would like you to reason of your...dislike against OP
Behind my dupe Phenom right? Ive voiced/posted why I don't see one Piece in the same light as you many times in the past, and you went along and did nothing but say "he's a troll. he hates oda," with out combating anything, I won't waste my time today. I guess me expressing some positive and negatives about One Piece really hurts your feelings. Get over it groupie.

Edit:In fact Prestige, you most of your post is fiction, write me back when you wanna talk about fact.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-08-08 at 17:20.
Old 2009-08-08, 17:17   Link #207
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Zoro is the best SH, I don't know how you could have him tie with Sanji, but whatever floats your boat. I would like to here your reasons for that tie BTW.
I know your question wasn't directed at me, but I could tell you why I personally have difficulties deciding between the two. They're both awesome and funny in their own ways. They're both really strong and do some major pwnage. Also, they're both not easily phased by enemies, both of whom cockily mock their opponents while they own them.

I'm a swordsman myself, so I can relate to Zoro (though the best I can do is niryu XD). I also like in Zoro that he often has a major handicap in a fight and still wins. I also like that he doesn't give a damn about much, lol (also something I can relate to). He continues to come up with sweet new attacks and skills, and he doesn't give up, just like Luffy. His taking Luffy's damage along with his own and still being conscious is huge.

As for Sanji, he's a pretty bad dude himself. He insults his enemies while he rocks them, and he rarely has problems with his enemies (even one as strong as Jabura). One thing I think I like for him over Zoro is that he always comes through when everything looks bleak and he's least expected (such as when the Straw Hats were captured by Crocodile, when Robin ran away and everyone thought she betrayed them, but Sanji went after her and informed the others, when Jabura was about to pwn Nami and Usopp, etc.).
Old 2009-08-08, 17:18   Link #208
james0246

Quote:
Sanji has these moments of sheer awesomeness (on the train, taking out all of the CP 1-8; his Mr. Prince moments back during the Alabasta arc; facing off against Enel even after he had been effortlessly beaten before; constantly saving the crew; etc) that, while not necessarily 'badass' like Zoro's moments, still reek of extreme coolness. Consequently, I rank him (in likability) equal to Zoro.
Old 2009-08-08, 17:25   Link #209
Prestige

Quote:
I contributed more then what you have, Wether it be positive or negative, but an Oda groupie such as yourself would see anything as NOT kissing Odas a$$ as trolling or not contributing to the One Piece sub forum.
Well we have diffrent opinions about this too.

Quote:
Why when things are just getting good in One Piece? and your post was edited for canon accuracy.
Just when things are getting good? This war is first time situation in One Piece where there is no Strawhats and Luffy is not in main spot light either so its very unique and temporal event.

If OP is just now getting good I wonder how you liked previous story overall?

When did I ever state I hate Luffy or Oda? Care to stop putting words in my mouth groupie, nor did I ever state Odas focusing on his main character is a problem.

Well you despise Luffy and call him glory hog, useless, weakling and many other insults and you show your constant dislike about Oda how he is focusing in his [I]main charecter[/I, now there is this huge event on manga, this awesome war and how its finally getting good and you are even now threatening to drop OP totally?

Quote:
I've seen the opposite, you AP poster boy, but in any case I don't follow what the mindless masses like or dislike, so that right there don't mean anything, to me in a discussion.
I dont have account on AP nor I have ever posted there a single message, they have great community there but I dont really have anything to add there

Quote:
Behind my dupe Phenom right? Ive voiced/posted why I don't see one Piece in the same light as you many times in the past, and you went along and did nothing but say "he's a troll. he hates oda," with out combating anything, I won't waste my time today. I guess me expressing some positive and negatives about One Piece really hurts your feeling. Get over it groupie
You and Phenom being same poster is just one theory that popped to my mind after reading your two posts for a while but I can be wrong and be paranoid but its still a possibility.

I do fan One Piece and I have huge respects for Eichiro Oda for creating this masterpiece and while everyone has diffrent tastes and opinions you constant unimaginative bashing is getting on my nervers...
Old 2009-08-08, 17:44   Link #210
marvelB

Y'know, considering that we're seeing all of these high-profile pirates and marines duking it out at Marineford, I'm actually starting to think that there won't be any clear "winner" in this war. The narration from the end of the previous chapter further supports my thoughts, since it said that the current age will come to an end, regardless of who wins or loses this war. After all, there's still other factors to consider, like the possibility of Dragon, Blackbeard, and those silver medalist pirates who want Whitebeard dead getting involved at a later point. Any of those guys might end up being the ones to kick-start the gears of the "new age" into motion......
Old 2009-08-08, 17:48   Link #211
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Y'know, considering that we're seeing all of these high-profile pirates and marines duking it out at Marineford, I'm actually starting to think that there won't be any clear "winner" in this war. The narration from the end of the previous chapter further supports my thoughts, since it said that the current age will come to an end, regardless of who wins or loses this war. After all, there's still other factors to consider, like the possibility of Dragon, Blackbeard, and those silver medalist pirates who want Whitebeard dead getting involved at a later point. Any of those guys might end up being the ones to kick-start the gears of the "new age" into motion......
Part of the point of it, I would imagine is to off some of the potential frontrunners..... I would think that it's inconceivable that this crazy war goes on without anybody dying.

PS: Arrival of Dragon and/or revolutionaries is a distant possibility based on something I just remembered. Robin was saved from the Slave Labor Island by the revolutionary army. Assuming she'd find her way back to Luffy, she would probably need their help. Like I said, it's just distant speculation, but it's possible.
Old 2009-08-08, 18:40   Link #212
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:

I Agree.
I don't see why Dragon would want Whitebeard dead
Old 2009-08-08, 19:42   Link #213
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Well we have diffrent opinions about this too.
lol, its funny seeing you use "different opinions" instead of "you troll, your trolling."

Quote:
If OP is just now getting good I wonder how you liked previous story overall?
There more bad arcs then good.

Quote:
Well you despise Luffy and call him, useless, weakling and many other insults and you show your constant dislike about Oda how he is focusing in his [I]main charecter[/I, now there is this huge event on manga, this awesome war and how its finally getting good and you are even now threatening to drop OP totally?
No I don't despise Luffy, but you know me better then I know myself., Luffy IS useless and weak in the face of top dogs, again I don't have a constant dislike of Oda focusing on his main characters. Not to mention, I never threatened to drop One Piece because of the war but the opposite. You have no clue what my shot gun is pointed at in One Piece. So Prestige, do not bark up this tree this tree will fall on you.

@james0246, lonewolf777:I can't believe I forgot about the Mr. Prince moments back on the Alabasta, Sanji was epic then, I mean it was before its time epic, for Sanji hasn't done anything that tops that IMO. Not to mention what he did to Bon clay.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-08-08 at 20:12.
Old 2009-08-08, 19:57   Link #214
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
@james0246, lonewolf777:I can't believe I forgot about the Mr. Prince moments back on the Alabasta, Sanji was epic then, I mean it was before its time epic, for Sanji hasn't done anything that tops that IMO. Not to mention what he did to Bon clay.
Yes, sir, lol it's funny how he continues to come up with new aliases for himself. 'Mr. Prince', 'The Hunter', etc. I also think rearranging Duval's face was a nice touch XD
Old 2009-08-08, 20:10   Link #215
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
Yes, sir, lol it's funny how he continues to come up with new aliases for himself. 'Mr. Prince', 'The Hunter', etc. I also think rearranging Duval's face was a nice touch XD
Yeah, but Mr Prince > all other aliases, its kinda funny, for Sanji's epic moments are in competition with himself. I mean Zoro and Luffy's epic moments get bigger and better as the story goes along but IMO Sanji hasn't top what he done in Alabasta, and that what kinda sets him back from Zoro and Luffy in my book. Its like Oda stays consistent when it comes to Zoro and Luffy's moments but starts lacking when it comes to Sanji, but then again its hard to top Mr Prince and the infamous Ryuuma kick.
Old 2009-08-08, 20:25   Link #216
marvelB

Yeah, it's been a good while since Sanji's had any badass moments, but I'm pretty sure that he'll inevitably get some more once the crew is reunited. But for now, we pretty much have to settle for him being the butt of several wierd jokes (the bounty poster, Duval, and to top it all off.... TRANNY ISLAND).

And somewhat related to that subject, I'm pretty much itching to see the rest of the Straw-Hat ministories. This may sound odd, but I found Usopp's to be the most intriguing one thus far (yes, even moreso than Robin being rescued by rebels or Franky discovering Vegapunk's old home). I just can't help but think that there are endless possibilities for him to cook up some wierd new techniques thanks to his recent weight gain.......
Old 2009-08-08, 20:36   Link #217
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
And somewhat related to that subject, I'm pretty much itching to see the rest of the Straw-Hat ministories. This may sound odd, but I found Usopp's to be the most intriguing one thus far (yes, even moreso than Robin being rescued by rebels or Franky discovering Vegapunk's old home). I just can't help but think that there are endless possibilities for him to cook up some wierd new techniques thanks to his recent weight gain.......
\

Usopp might be runner-up for Lucky Roux's title, LOL!
Old 2009-08-08, 20:40   Link #218
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally posted by marvelB
I don't think Dragon wants to kill White beard If anything they would be common allies more than enemies.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2009-08-08 at 20:55.
Old 2009-08-08, 20:58   Link #219
marvelB

^I never said anything about Dragon wanting Whitebeard dead, but the silver medalists that Crocodile was talking about in Impel Down. I think that we can be sure that Kaidou is amongst those guys, since we learned that he tried to sneak attack Newgate during his journey to Marineford. I'm simply saying that those who want to see the demise of Whitebeard (silver medalists, Blackbeard) and the government (Dragon and the revolutionaries) could get involved in this war, and things will get into an even bigger mess than it already is. With all the chaos that would ensue, there probably won't be be any clear winner of this war. However, the only thing that can be certain is that history will forever be changed, no matter what the outcome of this great event will be......
Old 2009-08-08, 23:43   Link #220
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

^yeah while the + opposite power for the Whitebeard(silvermedalist,blackberd), I am seeing the possibility the comeback of the Roger's pirate...still wondering what Kuma whispering about to Rayleigh san back in the SA....if it's about that ACE is The Pirate King son and about to be executed soon..then nothing else the dark king would do except saving his captain son...well just my speculation..