Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-07-11, 14:18   Link #201
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs
I actually think that was a pretty good plot twist. At first i expected him to be all powerful, but that doesn't turn out to be the case. I didn't see it coming at all.

Actually I think that's a horrible plot twist becuase we didn't expected him to be powerfull because we KNEW he was powerfull. Why you ask? Because any one who can split a huge alien ship in half with just his sword (refer to episode 1 for the scene), must be super duper strong, and can handle a punk little blond samurai.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 14:29   Link #202
AzrielBlack
Guardian Of Deamons

Send a message via AIM to AzrielBlack Send a message via MSN to AzrielBlack
Can anyone give me a link with screenshots from the last episode?
AzrielBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 14:36   Link #203
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Maybe I'm a bit too influenced by the eastern view. I believe above the mountain, there is always a higher mountain. In a martial arts world, there is always a stronger fighter somewhere, which drives those warriors to keep improving themselves. Kambei is powerful but there is always a stronger fighter above him, or else he wouldn't need 7 samurai to beat the Nobuseri. He probably aware of his limitation, that's why he's looking for nakama.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 14:47   Link #204
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Maybe I'm a bit too influenced by the eastern view. I believe above the mountain, there is always a higher mountain. In a martial arts world, there is always a stronger fighter somewhere, which drives those warriors to keep improving themselves. Kambei is powerful but there is always a stronger fighter above him, or else he wouldn't need 7 samurai to beat the Nobuseri. He probably aware of his limitation, that's why he's looking for nakama.

Or he's just getting old.
Old 2004-07-11, 17:16   Link #205
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
Actually I think that's a horrible plot twist becuase we didn't expected him to be powerfull because we KNEW he was powerfull. Why you ask? Because any one who can split a huge alien ship in half with just his sword (refer to episode 1 for the scene), must be super duper strong, and can handle a punk little blond samurai.
Kyuzo is the best swordsman in the movie, he's the best of all them. So it wasn't really much of a twist that Kambei can't beat him in the anime
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 17:51   Link #206
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Or he's just getting old.

Thats the real reason!
Old 2004-07-11, 18:38   Link #207
Rol)n£y ]V[a¢l{
The MacMilitant

Send a message via MSN to Rol)n£y ]V[a¢l{
which subber is better, Akeep-ANBU or Lunar?
Rol)n£y ]V[a¢l{ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 19:32   Link #208
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Kyuzo is the best swordsman in the movie, he's the best of all them. So it wasn't really much of a twist that Kambei can't beat him in the anime

which one is kyuzo? And why is that young wannabe samurai such a dissapointment?
Old 2004-07-11, 19:35   Link #209
FlyByNite

Quote:
which one is kyuzo? And why is that young wannabe samurai such a dissapointment?
In the anime? He's the blond guy who fights with two swords.

In the movie he's the guy who has a dual with wooden swords and then kills the guy when he forces him to use real swords which Kyuzo didn't want to do because he knew he would beat him.

As for why the young samurai (Katsushiro) I don't think he has any real experience, so he's pretty much just a young kid trying to become a samurai, even if he dresses the part, has a sword, and calls himself one. He has yet to distinguish himself or do battle.
Old 2004-07-11, 20:07   Link #210
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

From a havent watched movie standpoint.. its still kind of surprising to see main characters lose in anime like this. I like that, but it looked like the Kanbei/Kyuzou fight seemed even for some reason, with Kanbei's improvising (using those metal pipe things) and tricks (looked like he said he was in love to throw kuzyou off) against Kuzyou's pure skill. Thought the part where Kanbei turned his back was just another trick, but if you guys confirmed Kyuzou is the best... then forget what i said . It would've been corny if the mech samurai didnt interrupt them... cus we probably wouldve seen Kyuzou say something like "It is no challenge to fight one who gives up!!! We shall fight another day Kanbie of blahbla blah."

Katsushiro might be the Keitaro of the series.... useless but gets the girl He'll probably improve and become less useless though.

NEED MORE [edit: PRETTY PEOPLE!!]
kawaii Kirara isn't enough
Kyuzou is a pretty man

Last edited by Melty Snow; 2004-07-11 at 23:28.
Melty Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 20:21   Link #211
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

Sorry if it's been asked already, I haven't read the whole thread, but how long is S7?
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 20:43   Link #212
usbport
Universal Serial Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne
Sorry if it's been asked already, I haven't read the whole thread, but how long is S7?

26 episodes long.

She's just so cute! ;_;
usbport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 20:47   Link #213
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by usbport
26 episodes long.

She's just so cute! ;_;
I'm glad, I like this series.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 21:14   Link #214
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melty Snow
NEED MORE BISHOUNENS!! kawaii Kirara isn't enough
Er, Kirara is a femme [ie: Bishoujo]...

Great pins on this Gonzo girl though and didn't need to be built like a pr0n queen for the perverts to come [like say Baku-Ten's Meg]. But looks like the girl will be it for this show Say, anyone notice how much rescuing this girl needs? [perverts, runaway trucks and cliffhangers]. Keep it up and she'll beat Meg and Champloo's Fuu for the Save my @$$ Award for 2004. At least she carries off being in trouble with a lot more dignity than the other two

Anyway, I wouldn't give up on the almost samurai as yet- his heart is in the right place although a lot of hardcore intensive training and maybe some cybernetic upgrades. Who knows, maybe this is a setup for when he has to face off with Ukyo at the end and save the girl [which is about the only thing he's been good at so far].
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 21:28   Link #215
usbport
Universal Serial Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Er, Kirara is a femme [ie: Bishoujo]...
Say, anyone notice how much rescuing this girl needs? [perverts, runaway trucks and cliffhangers]. Keep it up and she'll beat Meg and Champloo's Fuu for the Save my @$$ Award for 2004. At least she carries off being in trouble with a lot more dignity than the other two
It's not like she was a fighter in the first place, and the fact that she gets off her ass again and again despite certain danger and risk of death to get her job done and save her people makes her just about the most brave character in the series so far. Add to the fact that she does all of this knowing she can't fight back at all if she gets into trouble and you have one brave chick.

You don't need to be able to fight or use a weapon to kick the most ass.

Last edited by usbport; 2004-07-11 at 21:39.
Old 2004-07-11, 22:03   Link #216
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by usbport
It's not like she was a fighter in the first place, and the fact that she gets off her ass again and again despite certain danger and risk of death to get her job done and save her people makes her just about the most brave character in the series so far. Add to the fact that she does all of this knowing she can't fight back at all if she gets into trouble and you have one brave chick.
No problem with this, just an observation because she's needed saving 4 times in about as many episodes. Through all that the girl hasn't once whined, turned into a bawling wreck or been wimped out to perverts. Sure it's a good sign, overdoing it however isn't. Why? What should be the primary focus of the show: saving the village from bandits or saving a very fine Gonzo girl rear? Might say that there is a danger of losing direction in this show if the later is repeated ad nauseum.

Personally, I'd choose the later and the village can just get shafted [evil pervert answer]
Old 2004-07-11, 22:05   Link #217
StormD
D is for Damage!

Send a message via ICQ to StormD Send a message via AIM to StormD
Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh
Well,

Spoiler:
How can this really be considered a spoiler when the movie has been out for like 40 years? I mean seriously...if someone hasn't seen it by now, or one of its several derivatives, like The Magnificent Seven, that's their problem. Hell, even the promo short for this that came out a few weeks before it aired decreed there would be 4 graves on a hill at the end. Saying that these guys are doomed is like saying "Gollum bites off Frodo's finger and falls into Mount Doom," shortly before Return of the King came out last year. The ending has been widely known for longer than most of the people reading this forum have been alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Anyway, I wouldn't give up on the almost samurai as yet- his heart is in the right place although a lot of hardcore intensive training and maybe some cybernetic upgrades. Who knows, maybe this is a setup for when he has to face off with Ukyo at the end and save the girl [which is about the only thing he's been good at so far].
Spoiler:
StormD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 22:12   Link #218
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormD
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-11, 22:19   Link #219
FlyByNite

Quote:
How can this really be considered a spoiler when the movie has been out for like 40 years? I mean seriously...if someone hasn't seen it by now, or one of its several derivatives, like The Magnificent Seven, that's their problem. Hell, even the promo short for this that came out a few weeks before it aired decreed there would be 4 graves on a hill at the end. Saying that these guys are doomed is like saying "Gollum bites off Frodo's finger and falls into Mount Doom," shortly before Return of the King came out last year. The ending has been widely known for longer than most of the people reading this forum have been alive.

Spoiler:
There were a ton of people who didn't know the ending to LOTR though because they never read the books and just never knew it. I'd assume that these people exist about Seven Samurai although I'll admit that before I even saw the movie completely I knew the ending of it...
Old 2004-07-11, 22:28   Link #220
usbport
Universal Serial Bus

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Tags
action, historical