AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-20, 19:54   Link #201
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Touka lost. Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn.

Disappointed, but not terribly surprised. Saber was always going to be very difficult to beat. I'm quite torn about Renge v Alice, though, I wish both could proceed to the next round, since they're both winners in my eyes. The other matches aren't exactly obvious to pick, but I think Arf and Kamyu would have to consider themselves favourites.
Old 2006-08-20, 20:12   Link #202
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimfe
Wow... you guys did follow the qualification rounds right?
Nope. Just started following this thing a couple of days ago.
Old 2006-08-20, 20:29   Link #203
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimfe

The forbidden word!!!!! *points shaky finger* H-h-how dare you say stuff like that??!?!?!? And while while Megu is hospitalized with that horrible life support mask too!!!???!!!!!!!
NOT JUNK"!!! Gin sama is NOT junk!!!! NOT junk! NOT junk! NOT junk! NOT junk! NOT junk!

Muahahahaha
The other side of this truth is things only got worse for you
+1 vote against => +7 votes for +(more on the way to vote for Gin sama)
(pictures)
I regard that thing with such colossal contempt that I cannot bring myself in dignifying it with its name. But thanks for providing me more pictures of Junk to shoot at. *BAM* *BAM* *BABABABAM*! Ahh, shooting Junk once in while soothes my frayed nerves and stressed mind.

It's a bummer that Nemu lost. It's even more of a downer that I missed my chance to vote for her, since I was at a friend's big 20th birthday/LAN party all day yesterday. It was so busy that the thought was drowned by the festivity, and neither was there any free time to vote for her. I'm sorry Nemu that I couldn't give you my best of intentions.
Old 2006-08-20, 21:37   Link #204
Kikaifan
Blazing General

You're just jealous of all the attention Shinku gives to Suigintou
Old 2006-08-20, 22:01   Link #205
Nequam

Send a message via MSN to Nequam
LOL You'd better brace yourself Muir, because it looks like we'll be seeing a lot more of Gin-sama in the Rozen Maiden: Ouvertüre OVA.

Spoiler for Rozen Maiden: Ouvertüre:

I for one will be absolutely delighted if the rumours are true and the OVA revolves around her!
Old 2006-08-20, 22:05   Link #206
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan
You're just jealous of all the attention Shinku gives to Suigintou
Gin sama is irresistible after all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
*censored*
Damn....I have to admit that was pretty evil

And I hear people complain about the shuffle fans being too fanatic....

But fine, if it's war you want you have it! I'll make sure Shinku gets at least 7 votes against her for the rest of her matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nequam
Ouch, it looks like my favourites didn't fare well in yesterday's round. I was also hanging onto that faint glimmer of hope that Touka might come out on top...

Spoiler:
Poor Touka... But don't worry, Gin sama will be sure to avenge Touka against Saber in round 2. >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nequam
Spoiler for Rozen Maiden: Ouvertüre:

Current voting thread for August 21st, round 107:
http://etc4.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vote/1156091181/

General instructions for how to vote with pictures are in first post in page 1.
List of todays contestants translated by Kinny Riddle is in page 10.

By the way, these voting threads can be found via the instructions in 4th post in page 1, in case no links are available or current linked voting threads are locked.

Last edited by Arimfe; 2006-08-20 at 23:16.
Old 2006-08-21, 01:23   Link #207
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Hey guys I just noticed that Junk has more votes than Stinku.

Junk (693 Votes) > Stinku (683 Votes)
Old 2006-08-21, 01:36   Link #208
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Geez, is there some rule that you can't like Gin and Shinku? You can only pick one or something?
Old 2006-08-21, 01:57   Link #209
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo
Hey guys I just noticed that Junk has more votes than Stinku.

Junk (693 Votes) > Stinku (683 Votes)
Well, we'll see who will be the closest to the top... Remember last yeard, Shinku finished 3rd... and Junk.... Junk ? Juuuuuuuuuunnnkkkk ?! Owned, totally owned, definitively owned... as usual
Old 2006-08-21, 02:57   Link #210
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla
Well, we'll see who will be the closest to the top... Remember last yeard, Shinku finished 3rd... and Junk.... Junk ? Juuuuuuuuuunnnkkkk ?! Owned, totally owned, definitively owned... as usual
We don't have to. In terms of popularity Gin sama has already won over Shinku when they qualified.
This final part of the tournament is more about chances and who your chosen oppenents are, each path for every character is variable in difficulty.
Just look at Gin sama, she is most likely going to have to fight Suiseiseki who landed 920 votes for her round 1. Shinku has no one of that caliber to oppose her. Would you really use that against Gin sama if she lost to Suiseiseki? That would be pretty low of you.

The only way we can compare them fairly this year is looking at the qualification round 1.
Gin sama: 928 votes
Shinku: 774 votes

Gin sama is the win.
Old 2006-08-21, 03:26   Link #211
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

I'm confused now Of Kanaria & Suigintou, I prefer Kanaria. But I like Shinku & Suigintou EQUALLY Then again, I prefer Shinku over Kanaria. Whose side I'm on anyway?

'Sigh'. Am I the only one who like both Suigintou & Shinku? I can't make up my mind if I was about to choose between those two. And I definitely won't mind if Gin win over Shinku. It's Suiseiseki that I want to be thrown out. Did you see how many voters did she'd lost?

Anyway, it seems that Alice & Binchou-tan are having a showdown right now. Poor Renge needs some love (I don't know her ) She's waay behind those two.

Surprisingly , Uraha is doing fine in Group 43. Must have been Inoue Kikuko's fans.

In Group 44, I have a feeling that Akane is leading over Kamyu.

I wonder if Alice will lose to Binchou-tan.

Last edited by rei; 2006-08-21 at 03:49.
Old 2006-08-21, 08:51   Link #212
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
I really ought to start voting for the ones I want to lose.... Naaah.
It doesn't work that well - I tried it earlier.
Old 2006-08-21, 10:24   Link #213
Furudanuki

Hey, I actually backed one winner yesterday! Go Kamyu!!! One observation I have to make after reviewing the results thus far. There has been a lot of discussion about certain favorites to win the tournament: but people might want to keep an eye out for a dark horse coming out of the ARIA series. Thus far, with one exception, every entry from ARIA has won. And they not only won, but they absolutely pounded the competition. The lone loser was Maa the cat, who still managed a respectable second to Utawarerumono's Yuzuha and thumped Eureka from Eureka Seven in the bargain. Couple ARIA's apparently strong support with votes coming from the "anybody but Suiseiseki/Nanoha/etc." camps and there might be some surprises down the road.
Today I will vote for (and probably doom):
  • Kinjo Nanaho - Gokujou Seitokai
  • Rebecca Miyamoto (Becky) - Pani Poni Dash!
  • Inoue Orihime - BLEACH
Old 2006-08-21, 10:53   Link #214
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Spoiler for Aug 21st results:

http://saimoe2006.hp.infoseek.co.jp/d.txt

Spoiler for Aug 22nd entries:

Never been so relaxed for so long now, two consecutive days of characters that I either hardly know or hardly ever support.

Current voting thread
http://etc4.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vote/1156166864/
Old 2006-08-21, 10:55   Link #215
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Only group I know this time is in 47. This one is easy... I am voting for Becky.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-08-21, 11:22   Link #216
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Urutori..
I'm only voting Nanaho today since I don't know anyone else..
I thought of voting Chie, but I want one of the two (Chie and Nanaho) to win, so I went for the one who got more votes in the qualifying rounds.
Old 2006-08-21, 12:10   Link #217
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
Hey, I actually backed one winner yesterday! Go Kamyu!!! One observation I have to make after reviewing the results thus far. There has been a lot of discussion about certain favorites to win the tournament: but people might want to keep an eye out for a dark horse coming out of the ARIA series. Thus far, with one exception, every entry from ARIA has won. And they not only won, but they absolutely pounded the competition. The lone loser was Maa the cat, who still managed a respectable second to Utawarerumono's Yuzuha and thumped Eureka from Eureka Seven in the bargain. Couple ARIA's apparently strong support with votes coming from the "anybody but Suiseiseki/Nanoha/etc." camps and there might be some surprises down the road.[/LIST]
I'm averaging about one winner per day - yesterday held true to form with Kurumi.

It's actually funny - it was Aria characters I was voting for when I was voting against the people I wanted to win - thus only contributing to their landslide victories.

Today I'm a :
Chie Hallard - Mai Otome
Rebecca Miyamoto (Becky) - Pani Poni Dash! (though I'm going to feel really bad for Rokugou and Matsuri)
Inoue Orihime - BLEACH
Old 2006-08-21, 15:52   Link #218
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Woohoo, Kamyu definitely deserved the win!

@Group 48, lol I never thought of Haman as a moe character.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-08-21, 16:26   Link #219
Woland
Latin Rascal

2 of 2 for the last round (my lovely and "plain" Kurumi and of course dekai Kawai Alice), not bad ^_^

(ma-kun, like others Aria cats(?) deserve to lose... Love to undine-tachi not for those sort-off annoing beast )

This time mmm not an easy round

Akira for group 46... not my favorite from Aria (my least one indeed) but is the one I prefer from the tree

47 it's harder... it has to be Becky of course but it's not easy to ignore Rokugo-san and Matsuri (oh well! much better her than Ana or Miu)

I passed on 48
Old 2006-08-21, 16:59   Link #220
Bloodseeker

Since when could Chie be described as moe?

Go Orihime!
Closed Thread