what the heck.. Horo lost! D:
Old 2009-09-03, 10:33   Link #2182
einhorn303

Yesssss. I'm so psyched that Kana won.

池田ァァァ!
Old 2009-09-03, 10:34   Link #2183
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

Predictions: 1-1 (R2: 1-1) (Overall: 86-12)
Picks: 0-2 (R2: 0-2) (Overall: 47-46-5)

Saki continues to roll through in Saimoe 2009 with Kana's convincing victory over Tsukasa and Holo. Poor Spicy Wolf ;_; 2 years in a row bowing out of the 2nd round. On the other this should confirm Lucky Star's collapse after last year's dominance.

As for the other match, Chiaki shows some of the strength that Minami-ke as she cruised through her match. That's it for the 25th day of the main draw.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2009 Main Draw, Day 26

Very important day for me, as Yuno is effectively Hidamari's last stand. Not to mention, she's number two on my Saimoe list this year. Best of luck to her, as this is going to be an uphill battle. Fuuko performed well in round 1, but Yuno had to deal with a tough match against Tsugumi. It doesn't help that Clannad is not showing signs of fading (yet) as the series efficiently qualified 8 of its 14 characters in the 2nd round, thus portraying series strength.

Minna should win comfortably win her match. Strike Witches is also one of the series that has shown series strength with 7 of 11 qualifying for Round 2, while Ayame is on her own. Koihimie Musou can pull off a surprise win, but that's very unlikely.

In sum, my predictions and picks:
A2-2 Fuuko : Yuno
B2-2 Minna

----
@einhorn303: nice one.

Last edited by frustra; 2009-09-03 at 13:07.
Old 2009-09-03, 10:42   Link #2184
christinemarie
Crazy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Ryoko already lost on Round 1.
Already changed it, thank you for pointing it out.
Old 2009-09-03, 10:49   Link #2185
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Ahaha, if I hadn't changed my prediction from Tsukasa to Kana I would be sitting at a 0-2 right now. But 1-1 is not so bad huh?
Also, for those who think that Kana is not an important character, she have a HUGE following in Japan, so she can be considered as one of the stronger Saki characters.

Even the girls want her...
Old 2009-09-03, 10:52   Link #2186
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post
Ahaha, if I hadn't changed my prediction from Tsukasa to Kana I would be sitting at a 0-2 right now. But 1-1 is not so bad huh?
Also, for those who think that Kana is not an important character, she have a HUGE following in Japan, so she can be considered as one of the stronger Saki characters.
i say she gets better every passing round, considering that she only managed a modest count in Prelim 1 (although being the first group could be a factor, but still...)

Block B's becoming one of those unpredictable blocks. Remember when Mio was unanimously ordained as the favorite in this block?
Old 2009-09-03, 11:01   Link #2187
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustra View Post
i say she gets better every passing round, considering that she only managed a modest count in Prelim 1 (although being the first group could be a factor, but still...)

Block B's becoming one of those unpredictable blocks. Remember when Mio was unanimously ordained as the favorite in this block?
She barely had any screen time back then iirc. It was probably the manga-followers/hardcore fans holding the vote total up. But after the team finals Kana is a new cat. Some people even considers her fanbase to be similar to Hinagiku's, they are pretty much detached from the rest of Saki, except they also vote for Kyaputen.
But yes, definitely expect the unexpected.

Old 2009-09-03, 11:05   Link #2188
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post
She barely had any screen time back then iirc. It was probably the manga-followers/hardcore fans holding the vote total up. But after the team finals Kana is a new cat. Some people even considers her fanbase to be similar to Hinagiku's, they are pretty much detached from the rest of Saki, except they also vote for Kyaputen.
But yes, definitely expect the unexpected.
i believe most of 2ch is now expecting her to be the favorite to win Block B, but still it's too close to call ^^, Let's see first if Fuuko will respond to the challenge.
Old 2009-09-03, 11:11   Link #2189
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Hmm, even back then Chiaki had beat Kana, and now Kana outvoted her while having two harder opponents...

Never forget
Old 2009-09-03, 11:13   Link #2190
einhorn303

Kana might be a "minor" character in the story, but her Moe Level is incredibly high. That's what SaiMoe should be all about, right? Not, "Oh, she's the main character of my favorite show, better vote for her..." but rather, "MOEEEEE~~~!!!"

Let me try to explain Kana's charm. Kana's charm is all about feeling pity for her. Her life is hard. She has to take on enormous domestic duties. Her coach is always slapping her around. Mihoko completely forgets about her whenever Hisa shows up on the screen. And when it came down to the final struggle, to the most important competition of her life...she fails utterly. Utterly. Score: Zero Points. It's just so easy to feel sorry for her. But she's someone we can all relate to, because we've all been in that "beat up on, totally failed" moment. That's what makes her character so charming.

When you add in her cat-like demeanor, her spunky can-do! attitude, her awesome voice acting, zettai ryouiki and bike shorts version, NYAAA ROAR...well, that's all just icing on the cake. The delicious moe cake.

Also: sweet semi-Kana-based AMV to celebrate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKXliQ3Z4sg
Old 2009-09-03, 11:47   Link #2191
Farplaner

Yes, Kana was definitely boosted by her more significant role in the story compared to when the tournament first started.

She used to be a comparably minor character, but definitely not anymore.
Old 2009-09-03, 13:31   Link #2192
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Day 26. I'm a sucker for Tomatsu and Nonaka.
Ayame Ikaruga @ Asu No Yoichi! <<斑鳩あやめ@明日のよいち!>>
Fuuko Ibuki @ Clannad <<伊吹風子@CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~>>

My second favorite Ibuki~

Never forget
Old 2009-09-03, 13:47   Link #2193
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Voted Yuno. Still keeping my prediction of Minna and Fuuko though. Probably no upset for today.

Old 2009-09-03, 14:13   Link #2194
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Send a message via AIM to NissanNut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Ok, Kana won over Horo?

Dropped.
Yes, do that. No need for half-hearted votes if your favorite have lost or the strategic voting continues to befuddle you.
Old 2009-09-03, 14:19   Link #2195
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well as expected this tragic result has made me care little about the current matchups. Though I didn't care that much about it in the first place. Horo losing to someone like that is just depressing as it is. Really thought she could go further but Saki has way too much firepower. I need to go watch something comical or this dark cloud will just be over my head the entire day...

Oh well good for the characters that won, though since I didn't consider voting for them the congrats is pretty empty of feeling.
Old 2009-09-03, 15:28   Link #2196
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Let me try to explain Kana's charm...
ww@ (presumably Holo-fans) giving me negative rep for this post
Old 2009-09-03, 15:46   Link #2197
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

They are just sore over Kana winning the match!!...

Is what I would say if my personal favourite, Yumi hadn't been paired with Saki from the first round and wasn't already outside of the tourney. Aw well, I'll have to support Momo in her stead. I can't really emphasise with the kitty punching bag given that I have never been in that position myself.
Old 2009-09-03, 16:04   Link #2198
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanNut View Post
Yes, do that. No need for half-hearted votes if your favorite have lost or the strategic voting continues to befuddle you.
lolwhat ._.

Im saying that someone who is basically a semi-minor character wins over Horo then something went seriously wrong. Btw I dislike strategic voting to the core. But since Im not voting in JSaimoe its pretty easy to drop and rage from the sidelines
Old 2009-09-03, 16:09   Link #2199
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Send a message via AIM to NissanNut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
lolwhat ._.

Im saying that someone who is basically a semi-minor character wins over Horo then something went seriously wrong. Btw I dislike strategic voting to the core. But since Im not voting in JSaimoe its pretty easy to drop and rage from the sidelines
If I didn't enjoy voting and participating, I would rage with you!
Yes, I voted for Horo. Spice and Wolf II ep 6 was classic.
Still, wins from characters like Kana make the tournament all the more intriguing.
Old 2009-09-03, 16:27   Link #2200
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Well, it's not a competition of voting for the most important character in a series so I don't see the problem, also, isn't your title "More love for side chars!"?

Today's interim seems a little cleaner than yesterdays, Tsukasa and Chiaki got about 200+ fakes within the first few hour. Still, be cautious.
Spoiler for Interim:

Closed Thread

Tags
anime, characters, competition, saimoe