AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2016-12-25, 18:04   Link #2181
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Lol, I feel pretty differently. Most of my worries have been set aside. Seems they'll handle Lily perfectly. And also, that egg is most definitely Cosmog/Nebby. This is pretty clear from how it glowed blue when she was in danger which is very reminiscent of a certain scene from the game... Not only that, but we have Lusamine and Gladion confirmed which is also exciting, and based on how things are described I can sorta imagine an alternate head-cannon that still pretty snuggly fits in with the game's awesome storyline so my hopes are now very high. If we look carefully, the egg came from Kanto, Lily then picked the egg herself, and she's grown a liking to it especially and can take care of it. Also, notice how Lily in the game wasn't a trainer for some reason. A lot of factors seem to be consistent. The part I like about her is how different she is to everyone else we've had in past seasons of this show so far. Everyone has to be cool with Pokemon somehow. Otherwise, they're a one-episode side-character or movie character at best. But she's one of the main heroines of the season, so it's definitely a great sign. The wait for the next episode is going to be painful though.

I'm excited at how they portrayed Salandit as an a**hole. That Dorkly meme is going to continue lol. Also confirmed, Pokemon try to eat other Pokemon's eggs even if that's only implied.

I think the best part of this episode was seeing possibly Cosmog's appearance...

Also, @imperialflame I think it has been implied that Lily was strong only after she acquired Cosmog and not before, and she was still rather weak at the beginning of the storyline anyway up until she is changed by the MC. You need to remember that her current character in the anime just about matches her game self. This will especially be true if unlike May she doesn't end up being a trainer and rather just has a Nebby.

Look closely around the 20:06 mark and you should be able to see the blue glow that makes me conclude it is Nebby.

Edit: Also, how the f*ck am I the only person who noticed this sheesh.
I get what you're after however there are multiple points that are heavily flawed.

1. She wasn't a Pokemon trainer because she wanted to keep nebby a secret and it would've been only a matter of time until that was exposed. You are right however that she grew by watching the MC. That will not apply because unlike with Ash and even May she was already around people who loved Pokemon
2. That egg pretty much cannot be Cosmog because the professor isn't stupid enough to allow a potential legendary pokemon to be in the hands of kids.
3. The glow you mention is most likely the egg marking itself to Lillie which means that when it hatches it will become Lillie's.
4. Lillie picked the egg because she was pressured to by Mallow and that it ultimately looked pretty.

I do agree that the chances of the place she went being Aether is high but again a lot is to be determined/

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-26, 00:55   Link #2182
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I get what you're after however there are multiple points that are heavily flawed.

1. She wasn't a Pokemon trainer because she wanted to keep nebby a secret and it would've been only a matter of time until that was exposed. You are right however that she grew by watching the MC. That will not apply because unlike with Ash and even May she was already around people who loved Pokemon
2. That egg pretty much cannot be Cosmog because the professor isn't stupid enough to allow a potential legendary pokemon to be in the hands of kids.
3. The glow you mention is most likely the egg marking itself to Lillie which means that when it hatches it will become Lillie's.
4. Lillie picked the egg because she was pressured to by Mallow and that it ultimately looked pretty.

I do agree that the chances of the place she went being Aether is high but again a lot is to be determined/
lol, making lily get a "legendary pokemon" will be like a "eurika 2.0" and just after they did it in previous arc, i really hope that don't happen, they already using a lot of "old ideas" from previous seasons, let's be a little more original please.
Old 2016-12-26, 06:41   Link #2183
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
lol, making lily get a "legendary pokemon" will be like a "eurika 2.0" and just after they did it in previous arc, i really hope that don't happen, they already using a lot of "old ideas" from previous seasons, let's be a little more original please.
There's a difference between the two situations. Bonnie stumbled on it in the wild. In this case a professor would be handing a known legendary. We shall see what happens though

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2016-12-26, 10:15   Link #2184
Vegard Aune

I doubt the egg will actually contain Cosmog. If only because... how on earth would Alolan Okido and Kukui have gotten their hands on a Cosmog egg? And why would they then decide to hand it to their students? The circumstances would make it so drastically different from the game that there would be little point in even trying to stick to the "Lillie has a Cosmog"-plot regardless. In the game she stole the thing from an evil organization trying to use it to open a portal into another dimension with zero regard for whether it would survive the experiments or not, and spends the entire story trying to hide it from anyone who would do it harm. Whereas here she would... get it as an egg? I mean I suppose it's hardly impossible that Lusamine would catch wind of this and end up trying to steal said Cosmog later on, but... yeah I feel like bringing Cosmog into the story in this way would just raise so many questions.
Old 2016-12-26, 15:33   Link #2185
Blueknight78

Quote:
There's a difference between the two situations. Bonnie stumbled on it in the wild. In this case a professor would be handing a known legendary. We shall see what happens though
i means more the concept of let a legendary pokemon be in care of a "cute girl", for him to learn to like more humans and to be hidden from a "terrible evil organization which want to "destroy/conquest the world using this pokemon power and turn him in evil.
Old 2016-12-26, 23:21   Link #2186
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

If you look at the first cutscene in the game. Nebby flashes the exact same color. Literally exact same. And every time Nebby is about to do that thing it also flashes in the exact same way it did in the anime. Seems almost certain they're alluding to that.

Also, what is this egg marking her B.S. lol. Since when was that a thing?

I mean, it's loosely plausible, but less likely since the color was blue and not white, and we happen to know what else flashes blue... Seriously guys, this is completely obvious.

At the same time, I don't think it breaks anything. We don't know how long Nebby knew Lillie before that scene in-game happens. So it could be fine.

That all aside, your main complaint is about Oak having the egg, but he's had important stuff before, and that egg could be from the exact same origin as in-game, but somehow ended up with him. Maybe Kukui gave it to him. You know that even sounds half plausible. But IDK it's true that it's a bit suspect, but Kanto and Alola have a pretty empirical connection so I wouldn't be surprised.

Either way, it's clear Aether was the location Lusamine and Lillie went since she was being vague and since it'd fit the games (and as far as I can see what they're doing resembles the games). I'm still assuming that the four hanging out with him are in the same position as season one was--for various reasons they're training for their roles.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )

Last edited by dniv; 2016-12-26 at 23:33.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-26, 23:30   Link #2187
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

The poster for SM shows Lillie with an Alolan Vulpix right by her feet. That's what the egg is.

Cosmog is either gonna be for a movie or her and Cosmog will be Eureka/Zygarde 2.0 later in the show.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-26, 23:46   Link #2188
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Seafoam View Post
The poster for SM shows Lillie with an Alolan Vulpix right by her feet. That's what the egg is.

Cosmog is either gonna be for a movie or her and Cosmog will be Eureka/Zygarde 2.0 later in the show.
So that's why you all make that assumption. That makes sense I guess. Still, it shined blue which is weird. Maybe it's Vulpix's ice.

Regardless, I do hope she gets Nebby. And I'm still skeptical that's how she's getting Vulpix, but it'd make sense since they'd be able to say alola eggs look different lol.

I still think that it could work and be a nice plot element but IDK.

Edit: I think the poster makes your point clear. Murgh. Now hoping for a movie. I really hope she gets Nebby in time for the next anime opening or so... or in time for something eventually. I'll be pissed off if that's changed. :/

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )

Last edited by dniv; 2016-12-27 at 00:22.
Old 2016-12-27, 01:55   Link #2189
elior

Spoiler for episode 10 title and summery:
i prefer ash to lose the first time here then to win right after the totem battle also there is new preview for both episode 9 and 10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCQK...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by elior; 2016-12-27 at 02:53.
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-27, 02:07   Link #2190
Chosen_Hero

The egg was found on Mt. Lanakila, it's an Alolan Vulpix and as was mentioned, the poster basically spoils it.
Old 2016-12-27, 02:09   Link #2191
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
The egg was found on Mt. Lanakila, it's an Alolan Vulpix and as was mentioned, the poster basically spoils it.
by the upcoming episodes preview do you think ash will defeat hala right on the first time or will have rematch later?
Old 2016-12-27, 03:01   Link #2192
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Still doesn't explain the blueness tbh. I get that it makes sense with the poster. Now I'm just annoyed about the freaking glow. Since it is identical to the games.

Old 2016-12-27, 12:32   Link #2193
Blueknight78

Quote:
Still doesn't explain the blueness tbh. I get that it makes sense with the poster. Now I'm just annoyed about the freaking glow. Since it is identical to the games.
well you can't expectate the anime be truthfull to the game, they will be different, while the anime will use many game aspects he never will be a "perfect faithfull adaptation of the game they aways will have they freedom to do whatever they want.
Old 2016-12-27, 18:20   Link #2194
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
by the upcoming episodes preview do you think ash will defeat hala right on the first time or will have rematch later?
It depends, I first need to see Ash attempt the trial to get a feel for what could happen. If he loses then it's not that big of a deal considering that it wouldn't be the first time he has lost at the start. If he wins then they at least have to hint at Hala not having being serious but just testing him.
Old 2016-12-31, 00:58   Link #2195
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
well you can't expectate the anime be truthfull to the game, they will be different, while the anime will use many game aspects he never will be a "perfect faithfull adaptation of the game they aways will have they freedom to do whatever they want.
Lol I think you overestimate how different the anime is from the games. They're very much the same. If you think they're different because of effective move types then that's not very realistic. All the locations are basically the same. All the anime generally has is more things than the game, not less.

Old 2016-12-31, 06:51   Link #2196
ImperialFlameGod8190

Most of the anime is similar to the games. You have the same world the same Pokemon and the gym leaders lineups are almost all identical. There are only five major differences.
1. You don't have nearly the amount of battles (team Rocket i guess makes up for that)
2. The battles in the anime more realistic because all the attacks hitting the way they do in the games shouldn't happen
3. Weakness and resistance goes out the window for the most part.
4. Ash doesn't catch or evolve nearly the amount of pokemon he should.
5. The movesets are far from ideal and in many cases are downright shameful.

Those differences while they make the anime what they are tend to be where most of the complaints come from including mine.
Now make no mistake the games have some flaws and the Pokemon mechanics and revives are among them.

Here's the fun part about Sun and Moon. Besides animation the main complaint we have at the moment is the school ruins the fun of the trials because it appears that they won't be able to properly do the Trials.
However if they did a storyline that's similar to the game where you meet Lilly and she travels with you solo and Hau is a rival i don't think any of us could complain because the storyline is that good.

Old 2016-12-31, 14:45   Link #2197
elior

Quote:
Most of the anime is similar to the games. You have the same world the same Pokemon and the gym leaders lineups are almost all identical. There are only five major differences.
1. You don't have nearly the amount of battles (team Rocket i guess makes up for that)
2. The battles in the anime more realistic because all the attacks hitting the way they do in the games shouldn't happen
3. Weakness and resistance goes out the window for the most part.
4. Ash doesn't catch or evolve nearly the amount of pokemon he should.
5. The movesets are far from ideal and in many cases are downright shameful.

Those differences while they make the anime what they are tend to be where most of the complaints come from including mine.
Now make no mistake the games have some flaws and the Pokemon mechanics and revives are among them.

Here's the fun part about Sun and Moon. Besides animation the main complaint we have at the moment is the school ruins the fun of the trials because it appears that they won't be able to properly do the Trials.
However if they did a storyline that's similar to the game where you meet Lilly and she travels with you solo and Hau is a rival i don't think any of us could complain because the storyline is that good.
why the school can ruin the fun of the trails? i mean true the first trail is at the same place ash school is but he can start to travel after finish the trail.
Old 2016-12-31, 15:01   Link #2198
Blueknight78

Quote:
Lol I think you overestimate how different the anime is from the games. They're very much the same. If you think they're different because of effective move types then that's not very realistic. All the locations are basically the same. All the anime generally has is more things than the game, not less.
i means "plotwise" like most of the times in game is your character alone, you don't travel with "friends around the world" in anim many characters are more "relevant" than in game, they have more actions and things to do than in game, this already a big change compared with game in plot wise since game plot normally is more "basic" but many times better(at last we win in the end) than anime where we have things which game wise never happen.
Old 2016-12-31, 20:05   Link #2199
Chosen_Hero

Differences so far between the anime and the games: (will only encompass up until the first trial)

In the game:

- You move to Alola with your mom.

- Lillie runs away from Aether Paradise with Cosmog and becomes Prof. Kukui's assistant.

- You meet Lillie next to Tapu Koko's temple.

-Lillie isn't a trainer or is afraid of Pokémon.

- You save Cosmog and then you both get saved by Tapu Koko who due to your actions of protecting Cosmog gifts you a Sparkling Stone/Z-Ring.

- Hala gives you your starter Pokémon.

- You participate with Hau in the festival in honor of Tapu Koko which also marks as the beginning of your and Hau's trials

- Prof. Kukui gives you your Island Challenge amulet.

- You go to the trainers school to get a crash course on being a trainer.

- You meet Team Skull who (at this point) are just a nuisance (but a funny one).

- You then take part in Ilima's trial which gets kind of intereupted (not really) by Team Skull grunts who end up accidentally helping you.

- After defeating the Totem Pokémon you go to Melemele meadow to find Lillie and Cosmog.

- You then fight Hala in the Grand Trial.

In the anime:

- Ash travels to Alola with his mom to take a vacation.

- Tapu Koko just gives Ash a Z-Ring (which by the way is already whole) becuase... reasons.

- Ash stays behind to go to school.

- Ash pretty much becomes the Professors assistant.

- Lillie is already at Melemele attending school along with some of the trial captains becuase... who knows.

- Lillie will become a trainer from the beginning.

- Cosmog is nowhere to be seen.

- Ash catches... nope, he once again convinces a starter Pokémon to go with him by... being a good guy... yeah.

- Let's be real, the same is going to happen Litten.

- Lillie (for some reason that she can't remember) is afraid of Pokémon and isn't a runaway like in the game (this already changes her relationship with her mother which is one of the key parts of the games story).

- Gladion is so far doesn't seem to be a runaway either or at least doesn't seem to be in bad terms with his family (if he was, mentioning hin would pretty much had been treated like a taboo, you know, anime has to anime).

- Team Skull is just a nuisance (so far)... so at leas this is consistent.

- No Hau so far.

- No Ilima (who is supposed to be a big shot in the Pokémon School) in charge of the first trial.

So far Ash is basically just a mix of the mc, part of game Lillie and Hau (who was already pretty similar to Ash throughout the game), the supposed trial captains don't seem to be actual trial captains and the Cosmog plot is pretty much non existent at this point and is entirely different from how it originally is. Now yes, later on the whole Cosmog thing will happen but considering how the evil organization plotlines have been handled post Sinnoh expect it to only pop up in the last part of the entire Sun and Moon run (just like how Team Plasma was irrelevant until Decolora Islands and How Team Flare just started to be relevant at the end of XY and BS... I mean XY and Z).

Heck, at this point I expect it to go the exact same way as the whole Zygarde cell thing with them "finding" Cosmog by "complete chance" and Ash to somehow become the chosen one yet again and "save Alola". Of course, I would like to believe the are going to try and somehow follow the games story in some way but given how many of the motivations that drove the games Cosmog plotline are entirely non existent I don't expect much.

The only saving grace I can personally see is that they make their story at least somewhat as interesting as the one from the game. At this point we are going to have to wait and see Lusamines and Guzmas characters and how they differ from their game counterparts, if they are completely different and/or just plain goofy for the sake of being goofy (I see this happening more with Guzma) then there will be no hope left. Also, I swear that if they change Kukui I will be extremely pissed.

Of couse I say all of this as someone that wants the anime to at least get this season right, especially after the horrendously handled B/W, XY and Z and the whole bird keeper Ash/Bullshit Greninja thing.
Old 2017-01-01, 00:42   Link #2200
elior

Quote:
Differences so far between the anime and the games: (will only encompass up until the first trial)

In the game:

- You move to Alola with your mom.

- Lillie runs away from Aether Paradise with Cosmog and becomes Prof. Kukui's assistant.

- You meet Lillie next to Tapu Koko's temple.

-Lillie isn't a trainer or is afraid of Pokémon.

- You save Cosmog and then you both get saved by Tapu Koko who due to your actions of protecting Cosmog gifts you a Sparkling Stone/Z-Ring.

- Hala gives you your starter Pokémon.

- You participate with Hau in the festival in honor of Tapu Koko which also marks as the beginning of your and Hau's trials

- Prof. Kukui gives you your Island Challenge amulet.

- You go to the trainers school to get a crash course on being a trainer.

- You meet Team Skull who (at this point) are just a nuisance (but a funny one).

- You then take part in Ilima's trial which gets kind of intereupted (not really) by Team Skull grunts who end up accidentally helping you.

- After defeating the Totem Pokémon you go to Melemele meadow to find Lillie and Cosmog.

- You then fight Hala in the Grand Trial.

In the anime:

- Ash travels to Alola with his mom to take a vacation.

- Tapu Koko just gives Ash a Z-Ring (which by the way is already whole) becuase... reasons.

- Ash stays behind to go to school.

- Ash pretty much becomes the Professors assistant.

- Lillie is already at Melemele attending school along with some of the trial captains becuase... who knows.

- Lillie will become a trainer from the beginning.

- Cosmog is nowhere to be seen.

- Ash catches... nope, he once again convinces a starter Pokémon to go with him by... being a good guy... yeah.

- Let's be real, the same is going to happen Litten.

- Lillie (for some reason that she can't remember) is afraid of Pokémon and isn't a runaway like in the game (this already changes her relationship with her mother which is one of the key parts of the games story).

- Gladion is so far doesn't seem to be a runaway either or at least doesn't seem to be in bad terms with his family (if he was, mentioning hin would pretty much had been treated like a taboo, you know, anime has to anime).

- Team Skull is just a nuisance (so far)... so at leas this is consistent.

- No Hau so far.

- No Ilima (who is supposed to be a big shot in the Pokémon School) in charge of the first trial.

So far Ash is basically just a mix of the mc, part of game Lillie and Hau (who was already pretty similar to Ash throughout the game), the supposed trial captains don't seem to be actual trial captains and the Cosmog plot is pretty much non existent at this point and is entirely different from how it originally is. Now yes, later on the whole Cosmog thing will happen but considering how the evil organization plotlines have been handled post Sinnoh expect it to only pop up in the last part of the entire Sun and Moon run (just like how Team Plasma was irrelevant until Decolora Islands and How Team Flare just started to be relevant at the end of XY and BS... I mean XY and Z).

Heck, at this point I expect it to go the exact same way as the whole Zygarde cell thing with them "finding" Cosmog by "complete chance" and Ash to somehow become the chosen one yet again and "save Alola". Of course, I would like to believe the are going to try and somehow follow the games story in some way but given how many of the motivations that drove the games Cosmog plotline are entirely non existent I don't expect much.

The only saving grace I can personally see is that they make their story at least somewhat as interesting as the one from the game. At this point we are going to have to wait and see Lusamines and Guzmas characters and how they differ from their game counterparts, if they are completely different and/or just plain goofy for the sake of being goofy (I see this happening more with Guzma) then there will be no hope left. Also, I swear that if they change Kukui I will be extremely pissed.

Of couse I say all of this as someone that wants the anime to at least get this season right, especially after the horrendously handled B/W, XY and Z and the whole bird keeper Ash/Bullshit Greninja thing.
about illima it just a guess but he could apear if ash will lose against hala in his first grand trail