AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-08-28, 23:29   Link #2241
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacium Frost View Post
Alright, someone, anyone really, level with me here. I just need, one, small, favor. For someone to explain the acronym UL? It's been used when referring to the 'war'. There's 112 pages and I can't be bothered to look through them all, if you can take the time to argue back and forth about Issei being OOC or not and everything, just take some time to answer one simple question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Unknown Life?
It's Underworld's Life form.
Old 2015-08-29, 12:04   Link #2242
KnightShade

all this arguing over a time travel story and i'm just here loling at the peeps who thought kuroka's kid was konekos. lmao bakas
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 12:12   Link #2243
Tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
all this arguing over a time travel story and i'm just here loling at the peeps who thought kuroka's kid was konekos. lmao bakas
I'm glad someone was thinking the same way.
Old 2015-08-29, 15:55   Link #2244
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Unknown Life?
It's not that. Jop answered already - it's "Underworld's Life form". It refers to those "things" from another world who are said to be immune to magic and senjutsu. The grunts of the Evil Gods who appeared in the future. Some of them followed Ichs and the other kids to the past.
Old 2015-08-29, 15:56   Link #2245
Darkligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I'm glad someone was thinking the same way.

I never doubted it.
Darkligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 16:05   Link #2246
Yye1
Wide Right

Anything on the new EX volume?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 17:09   Link #2247
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
It's not that. Jop answered already - it's "Underworld's Life form". It refers to those "things" from another world who are said to be immune to magic and senjutsu. The grunts of the Evil Gods who appeared in the future. Some of them followed Ichs and the other kids to the past.
Already knew that, I just forgot the meaning since Im not that focused on DxD at the moment.
Old 2015-08-29, 17:19   Link #2248
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Anything on the new EX volume?
Ise turns into a crappy father (Goku) Kiba is seen by Ise's kids as more of a father figure than himself (Piccolo) and Xenovia becomes an "education mom", which means she makes her child(ren) study even if it affects their health in a negative way. So yeah, she's Chichi. DBZ parallels galore I guess!

Oh, and Asia, (wait a minute, this part is seriously hilarious) in a coma is seen as a mother figure by all the kids, so I guess all the girls are also crappy parents. I'm sure Xenovia is at least, what with that parenting philosophy.

That's all I know until now.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 17:26   Link #2249
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
Oh, and Asia, (wait a minute, this part is seriously hilarious) in a coma is seen as a mother figure by all the kids, so I guess all the girls are also crappy parents. I'm sure Xenovia is at least, what with that parenting philosophy.
You're letting your distaste for EX fuck with your comments again.

Clearly Asia was not in a coma the entire time and thus can be seen as a motherly figure just like all of the actual mothers would be.
Old 2015-08-29, 17:35   Link #2250
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
You're letting your distaste for EX fuck with your comments again.

Clearly Asia was not in a coma the entire time and thus can be seen as a motherly figure just like all of the actual mothers would be.
The war happens about 30 years from the future (which is probably when she was cursed) while the kids are from 200+ years from the future. Do the math.

Yeah, when the only females we know the details of are a complete nutcase slave driver and the other is always exhausted when home, I don't see how they can be seen as mother figures equally.
Old 2015-08-29, 18:29   Link #2251
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
The war happens about 30 years from the future (which is probably when she was cursed) while the kids are from 200+ years from the future. Do the math.

Yeah, when the only females we know the details of are a complete nutcase slave driver and the other is always exhausted when home, I don't see how they can be seen as mother figures equally.
Quote:
As Azazel was still astonished at the surnames that the two have, they've decided with each other to continue to what they want to say.

Quote:
We came from the future about three decades from now ―― and we are the Sekiryuutei Hyoudou Issei's children.
.....Unless I'm horribly mistaken, that means the kids were born ~12 years into the future since Kurenai is 18. You cannot come from a future in which you're only born ~170 years later (technically you can, but it makes no sense to do so). I trust Jop's summary far more than unconfirmed spoilers and you should too.

Again, you place far too much trust in unconfirmed spoilers that aren't even from any of the "reliable sources" (mainly jop/n0m@n/amtro/myself). Absolutely no offense to the original leaker intended. Xenovia could just place a stronger focus on education and that's it. And Irina's working situation is obviously not from a time in which she needs to focus on raising her child when he/she's little - getting into hypotheticals, surely Heaven would allow maternal leave?

The wording of the spoilers themselves gets into conflicting territory. The second section is labeled as "Future status of characters after 30 years:" and then the first comment talks about Issei being continuously busy for the next 200 years.

Discussing what we know is fine, but wait for "official" spoilers to pass such strong judgement.
Old 2015-08-29, 19:01   Link #2252
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
.....Unless I'm horribly mistaken, that means the kids were born ~12 years into the future since Kurenai is 18. You cannot come from a future in which you're only born ~170 years later (technically you can, but it makes no sense to do so). I trust Jop's summary far more than unconfirmed spoilers and you should too.

Again, you place far too much trust in unconfirmed spoilers that aren't even from any of the "reliable sources" (mainly jop/n0m@n/amtro/myself). Absolutely no offense to the original leaker intended. Xenovia could just place a stronger focus on education and that's it. And Irina's working situation is obviously not from a time in which she needs to focus on raising her child when he/she's little - getting into hypotheticals, surely Heaven would allow maternal leave?

The wording of the spoilers themselves gets into conflicting territory. The second section is labeled as "Future status of characters after 30 years:" and then the first comment talks about Issei being continuously busy for the next 200 years.

Discussing what we know is fine, but wait for "official" spoilers to pass such strong judgement.
I'm discussing what we know only. If later jop or you give a summary that shows completely different information, then I'll consider only that in my reasoning. But up to now, that is the closest thing that we have to a summary of part 2, so I'll use that.
Old 2015-08-30, 05:08   Link #2253
MV5

Quote:

I knew in the back of my mind there was a little unclarified problem regarding the years of the children's age to the years of Issei's proposed 200 year work ethic. The time jump of 30 years to the past should've been a glaring hole as well.
MV5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 05:55   Link #2254
The 48th Ronin

Wow. Just... wow.

That's a lot of page worth of rage over EX. It's like finding out that the DxD live-action movie will be directed by Michael Bay.

I have my own opinions about the confirmed(?) infos too, but I think I'll just keep it to myself now.

PS: So how do classify Ise's twin neko daughters? Cousins or siblings?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 06:09   Link #2255
Direwolf18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Siblings, the closest relationship is what trumps.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 07:11   Link #2256
Darkligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
Siblings, the closest relationship is what trumps.
Well siblings by father.
Darkligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 09:10   Link #2257
Biohazardous

Half brother/sister. Same father different mother.
Old 2015-08-30, 11:14   Link #2258
DragonOsman
Dragon King

They're all half-siblings, but Koneko's and Kuroka's ones are also cousins since their mothers are sisters. It's weird, huh?

And yeah, the time discrepancy leaves a glaring plot-hole, so I'll wait for more confirmed spoilers now.
Old 2015-08-30, 11:15   Link #2259
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Wow. Just... wow.

That's a lot of page worth of rage over EX. It's like finding out that the DxD live-action movie will be directed by Michael Bay.

I have my own opinions about the confirmed(?) infos too, but I think I'll just keep it to myself now.

It's just chichi sperging out, block his posts and you'll never have to deal with him again. I haven't blocked him myself because it's not to the point that I can't stomach him. Only one person deserves that spot.

Also a status update, my package got delayed for whatever reason. It will arrive in my country late tomorrow and I may have it by Tuesday. You will have to wait at least one extra day, sorry about that.
Old 2015-08-30, 11:18   Link #2260
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The whole DBZ-copy thing just reminded me: Ishibumi also ripped off from Naruto. Ise being too busy with work and Ichs not liking him as a father because of that is a parallel to Naruto's situation with his son, Boruto. Naruto gets too busy with his work as Hokage and it doesn't leave enough time to him for his family, so Boruto comes to hate not only him, but even the Hokage name itself.