AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-22, 09:48   Link #23361
demino_hellsin
That one guy

not really. Amphibious units could probably count as transformable?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 09:52   Link #23362
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - The fact that ISA gets no flak despite being attacked about 3 times is outstanding.

@ Yachi - Schools fault. 3 hours of sleep then telling us to drag our tents back? Yeah, that'll work out well. Well, it was an astro camp, and his dad said the cost was astronomical.

Going to sleep.
Good night, I won't sleep today. Our class president told us scary stories which were true, and having a great luck, one that he told was one that I encounter in 'that' school. GOD I remembered that scary times....
Old 2012-02-22, 09:53   Link #23363
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, that one is definitely plausible.

What I mean is about PT's mass-produced Pseudo-Stratos unit who can transform into... umm, something else. Like Motorbikes or plane-like design to compensate their lack of power.
Old 2012-02-22, 09:54   Link #23364
demino_hellsin
That one guy

functionality in exchange for power eh? plausible. Though then the pseudo stratos probably look nothing like their genuine brethren then.
Old 2012-02-22, 10:00   Link #23365
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, for example, an unit can switch between hover tank (maximum performance in the surface) to humanoid for limited flight. Some unit can transform into jet-like unit to increase maximum speed, sacrificing flexibility came form its humanoid form. There's also aquatic model of that unit for supercavitation movement.

This is because their output is barely reach 33% and fluctuating. Their frame is noted as fragile because of this, even for an I.S. (most I.S. barely has armor but has strong frame anyway), but still considered better than the 'normal' prototypes who barely able to scratch Ichika
Old 2012-02-22, 10:03   Link #23366
demino_hellsin
That one guy

makes sense. The only problem then is the actual transformations without making it seem awkward or painful body horror.
Old 2012-02-22, 10:08   Link #23367
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

That's what I mean, it'll probably simpler than we can think though, such as the legs clamped to form a mermaid-like tail, head covered with special cap, or having your ass sitting above a hover skirt/ roller dash with leg stretched forward, so, maybe not THAT fragile, just more complex to control and less durable.

EDIT: the exception would be humanoid-to-tank model, which usually has extremely heavy protection and sacrifice speed. They act like fire support and has heavy armament similar to Schwarzer regen (large caliber artillery). Took triple shot from MBT cannon to destroy them, and the rest proceed to maul the poor tank.
Old 2012-02-22, 10:09   Link #23368
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

I'm off to bed, See ya
Old 2012-02-22, 10:14   Link #23369
demino_hellsin
That one guy

aquatic - maybe just scale system like blue frame? tail seem impractical. or just sheer vibration motors? something?

aerial - hang glider mode?

ground - kamen rider accel...

all terrain - forced to go into seiza then the skirts push out into hover thrusters

man, can't imagine it.
Old 2012-02-22, 10:16   Link #23370
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Adding more details to Lupus:
Lupus hate Tsurugi (not because she is close to Inami) but because (as far as Lupus is concerned) she is fake Inami.... therefore fake meat.

To up the creepiness:

Due to Ares battle suit uses Synesthesia to increase its combat effectiveness, Lupus can "Smell" and "taste", she doesn't refer her victim as plaything but prey....(to be fair: she play with her prey/food before killing/eating them).

The Battle suit associate detection with smell(like a wolf) and Destruction with taste and texture (crushing things into smaller pieces).

Spoiler for Lupus' true name:

Spoiler for Mysterious White Hair girl whom Ichika(in my story) has a crush on::

Focusing theme of the story:
Love (kind of)

'Cause we need more of it.

Will work on the story when I get into the mood

Edit: Damn, I keep missing Stratospear....

Moar edit: Lack of communication Kills,

Sigil (the pilot of Bleed Edge) is technically mute..... combine it with his unidentified and unknown nature, he sometimes end up being the attacking target....
Old 2012-02-22, 10:24   Link #23371
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi

Aerial & Aquatic model : Abyss Gundam
Ground Warfare Model: Zuoot (heavy)

The only one that has no alternate form is space model... because all they need is manipulating the thruster arrangement (similar to Gunstar form The last Starfighter). I also migth ditch the hover-type idea, forced seiza is hilarious though
Old 2012-02-22, 10:28   Link #23372
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The shoulder pads become the main hull... so that means some rockin shoulder armor! Shoulders of Doom indeed.

Oh yeah, I was thinking of something called a Quantum Matrix Core... I have no concrete explanation for what it does, but it's basically a semi-organic crystal computer. What do you think?
Old 2012-02-22, 10:37   Link #23373
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Definitely plausible. Actually, that's the closest thing to an explanation about I.S. core. Continuously evolving, has consciousness of sort, and very advanced.

Well, in mine, I.S. core born when Tabane upgraded an evolving quantum computer (made by his boyfriend no less) up to eleven... to the point that the creator of said computer can't recognize it bar several layers, not the deepest part.

And guess, what's the name of computer?
Old 2012-02-22, 10:39   Link #23374
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Cindy?

So maybe I can treat the QMC as an attempt to recreate the IS core
Old 2012-02-22, 10:41   Link #23375
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The answer is this, yeah, that's an old spoiler.

Also, yes, you can do that, don't make them somehow superior to the core though.
Old 2012-02-22, 10:46   Link #23376
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well, the QMC can't generate infinite energy, that's for sure. However they have 2 abilities that may make them gamebreaker.

1) they can interface directly via electromagnetic pulses/patterns that define information in computers and the human brain without a direct link-up. In short, it has insta blue tooth to EVERYTHING!

2)they have the ability to breakdown matter and reconstruct it atom for atom. There are restrictions. One of which is that you need to have the precise data for what you're doing.
Old 2012-02-22, 10:49   Link #23377
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Lol, instant bluetooth, that would be dangerous.

Going to sleep, see if I have to fix or add some ideas.
Old 2012-02-22, 11:01   Link #23378
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well it's not... until you realize it can direct connect to anyone's brain or computer(even the simple calculator) and act as an in-between mediator from the user to the target and vice-versa.
Old 2012-02-22, 16:41   Link #23379
Eratas123

@ Senpai - How long does it take to grow out hair from neck length to back length?
Old 2012-02-22, 19:48   Link #23380
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
I know, that's why it H4xx in every sense of that word.

@ Eras
A lot. As rule of thumb, average hair growth rate is 0.04 cm per day, 1.25 cm per month, and 15 cm per year. Some can be as fast as 21 cm per year but very rare, some can be slower (mine is about 0.9 cm per month).

So, It'll take a year, more or less. Of course it'll be faster in the case of kids since they're, well, short.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-02-22 at 19:59.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest