AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: sola - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 36 40.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 38.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.14%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.27%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-22, 10:00   Link #221
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Rather, it is the conflicts of the intertwining past (whatever you would term that as), both Aono and Matsuri definitely look at Yorito in separate ways.

I got to agree with Skyfall on the sky part, it is what makes Yorito, the Yorito we all know. If the dream and his aim of showing Matsuri the sky, one day, is taken away just like that, it would have a deep impact on not only Yorito himself, in fact, the people around him would be adversely affected by that. Aono might be happy at first, but then she would got a more unreceptive Yorito to deal with if this happens.
Old 2007-05-22, 10:15   Link #222
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Hurting people around him? Who ? The only one who looks hurt from this is Aono... Yorito has all the right he needs to place his own priorities. If he longs for Matsuri more than for Aono then so be it - he isn't exactly obligated to feel otherwise. Aono isn't exactly being less selfish here.

From our perspective, either Aono or Matsuri is going to be hurt either way, regardless of what he does. That is just how "love triangles" work, and i don't think it is Yorito's fault he is stuck in such a situation.

Besides sisters just aren't included in "normal" love triangles. Aono set herself up for automatic heartache. We had a similar discussion in the Koi Kaze thread. They said that a Japanese study showed that those relationships eventually burned itself out.

Given the choice of comforting your sister who for whatever reason doesn't want you to talk with your girlfriend and talk with your girlfriend to set things straight, it's normal to talk to the girlfriend. Staying with your sister for all eternity ain't normal imo.

Yorito doesn't see Aono in that way and she needs to move on imo.
Old 2007-05-22, 10:17   Link #223
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Given the choice of comforting your sister who for whatever reason doesn't want you to talk with your girlfriend and talk with your girlfriend to set things straight, it's normal to talk to the girlfriend. Staying with your sister for all eternity ain't normal imo.
Unless the sister insisted on staying with you D: .
Old 2007-05-22, 10:29   Link #224
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Yorito doesn't see Aono in that way and she needs to move on imo.
tell that to her ego...the whole point of her going psycho is that she is unable to let yorito go...not to matsuri anyway :3 *cat fight!*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-22, 11:03   Link #225
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Some thoughts after reading the new posts:
  • I don't believe the Aono having created Yorito and the Aono manipulating Yorito's memories theories make much sense. Why would she create him as her brother when she's really in love with him? Or maybe...he probably was her actual brother in an earlier life, or wherever exactly those flashbacks come from and she was in love with him then already. Her power is too weak to create a new being, so she cannot recreate him the way she wants but just the way she remembers him. Something like that might work.
  • Maybe the past-Yorito died when he tried showing/did show Matsuri the sky? With his fierce obsession about it, he just might accept his own death in order to show it to her.
    Then Aono just stabbed Matsuri to protect Yorito since she saw it happening again this time.
    But then that doesn't really fit Matsuri telling Yorito that he will grow to hate her...or does it?
  • I don't think the (lack of Yorito) picking up the glass shard should be overanalyzed, my money is on lazy animation.

Last edited by Mueti; 2007-05-22 at 11:19.
Old 2007-05-22, 11:16   Link #226
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueti View Post
  • I don't think the (lack of Yorito) picking up of the glass shard should be overanalyzed, my money is on lazy animation.
It's probably something that they will correct in the DVD episode.
Old 2007-05-22, 11:25   Link #227
Nemesis2124

I wouldn't suspect that to be a DVD correction. The scene is pretty much set up to optimize the surprise factor.
Old 2007-05-22, 11:27   Link #228
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It might not be a mistake but something that was left out, intentionally.
This was a cliff-hanger, sometimes with this things they tend to leave a little piece out to make it even more mind boggling.
Regardless, while there are many options, all but one seem to be unthinkable.

Edit - Looks like Nemesis beat me to it ^^
Old 2007-05-22, 11:51   Link #229
Nemesis2124

Quote:
  • Maybe the past-Yorito died when he tried showing/did show Matsuri the sky? With his fierce obsession about it, he just might accept his own death in order to show it to her.
    Then Aono just stabbed Matsuri to protect Yorito since she saw it happening again this time.
    But then that doesn't really fit Matsuri telling Yorito that he will grow to hate her...or does it?
With how voluntarily he dove in front of a blade, that probably isn't too far from the truth. And I think the hate comment is more aimed at the incident with reviving Aono(maybe Mayuko too? Or even others?), rather than whatever killed him in the past. Kind of hard for him to hate her if he's dead.

Last edited by Nemesis2124; 2007-05-22 at 12:18.
Old 2007-05-22, 12:01   Link #230
Lucipher

Quote:
  • I don't believe the Aono having created Yorito and the Aono manipulating Yorito's memories theories make much sense. Why would she create him as her brother when she's really in love with him? Or maybe...he probably was her actual brother in an earlier life, or wherever exactly those flashbacks come from and she was in love with him then already. Her power is too weak to create a new being, so she cannot recreate him the way she wants but just the way she remembers him. Something like that might work.
  • I don't think the (lack of Yorito) picking up the glass shard should be overanalyzed, my money is on lazy animation.
Btw everyone im back sorry for not being on in so long but yeah school + Work is a real bish
  • Well on Eps 3 i guessed tha Aono was jealouse she just didnt know why. Yes i think she did creat Yoriko thats why they say he passed out 3 Months ago when they moved there. She also said she used up all of her power and i Quote " Why did you bring me back to life i dont wana live in a life where there is no Yoriko.
  • I agree Matsuri has a big part to deal with why Yoriko died befor. Remeber Matsuri didnt know Yoriko was the one from the past tell just Eps 6 when he found out his sister was Aono and Matsuri had already said that.
  • I'm Guessing Yoriko died trying to protect Matsuri from other people instead of showing her the sky and thats why Aono wants to protect her brother from that same fate again.
  • If you had any sister you would understand its not a BF GF type of love its more of the fact a sister dosnt ever want to be replaced. My sister Loves me to death she dosnt love me in a way a BF loves a GF but she loves me a lot. She will go to extreams just to get between me and another girls. Inless she feels that girl is perfect for me IE Mana
  • Yes Sisters do go to out of there way to dress up for there brothers i guess you have never had a sister who you didnt see for many years. When they do get together with you again i swear they treat everytime you go out like a "Date"
Old 2007-05-22, 12:27   Link #231
Skane
Anime Snark

Is that a "younger" sister or an "elder" sister? Aono is Yorito's elder sister, and I have two, and I would be extremely spooked if they ever went "dere-dere" on me.

Old 2007-05-22, 12:28   Link #232
Boukenxha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
I don't buy this any more. Knowing Matsuri's state of mind, she was providing an excuse to justify leaving.
But it would make sense going with what I wrote in that last post. The unwanted emotional baggage that comes with human contact lowers the Yaka's guard against the negativity that would control their mind with berserker mode. Isolation is the best solution for that.
Old 2007-05-22, 12:40   Link #233
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucipher View Post
  • If you had any sister you would understand its not a BF GF type of love its more of the fact a sister dosnt ever want to be replaced. My sister Loves me to death she dosnt love me in a way a BF loves a GF but she loves me a lot. She will go to extreams just to get between me and another girls. Inless she feels that girl is perfect for me IE Mana
  • Yes Sisters do go to out of there way to dress up for there brothers i guess you have never had a sister who you didnt see for many years. When they do get together with you again i swear they treat everytime you go out like a "Date"

Except that this is anime/visual novel set up. Brother complexes and incest are the controversial ones. Aono has been seeing Yorito every day and was partially responsible for his girlfriend leaving. She even went out of her way to meet him at school and was embarassed when he commented on her wardrobe. He was prob going somewhere with Mana first. This is BF GF from her perspective imo.

Mana is not a threat but an asset. If anything, Mana hanging around him gives the impression that Mana is his girlfriend so the others couldn't get a chance even if they wanted too. If he had wanted a girlfriend from that school, he would have had to ditch Mana and hang around the guys in his class imo.

Spoiler for off the wall Yorito theory:

Last edited by orion; 2007-05-22 at 12:56.
Old 2007-05-22, 12:51   Link #234
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

I shall find some time to post in this sub forum, I guess, though I am generally inactive. Am I?

Hmm, following up from 7 episodes of Sola... I actually quite dislike Matsuri. I think I just find the pacing for Matsuri's relationship with Yorito a little too fast, to the extent that she appears to be playing around (with) him. Uh, the relationship just seems rather superficial up till now, and the most I can feel now is an oversimplified obsessive compulsion justifying the actions of these two main characters.

Yorito seems rather selfish and somewhat possessive. (What? o.O) I don't know what you call hiding a human at home and trying to keep it away from others, but it just doesn't work out for a normal person. If you equate this to raising a pet it all the more degrades Matsuri, and although I dislike her to some extent I believe she deserves more than that, meep =). Could be that Yorito still treats her as a Yaka, rather than a human I guess.

Thus all the way until episode 7 I find him forcing himself to believe that Matsuri actually belongs to him, and his heavy determination to make it such makes it a tad annoying. And, I can't help but find his promise an excuse for his lust for Matsuri, that's all. =/

But other than that I don't mind the other characters. Heh! XD

I have some idea of the background of Aono I suppose, and currently I am still assuming a brother-sister relationship between they two. I simply find Aono's possession over Yorito a manifestation of her responsibility as a sister to help her brother, and not much else up till now. I know it doesn't really seem so from the general plot but I just have this strange feeling, uhh >_<. Perhaps as some of the earlier members have speculated... Matsuri caused something to happen to Yorito? O_____O

Dunno I have a certain bias for the separate character designs, maybe deluding me: I have no idea.

And the plot is really bizarre and all that; I really enjoy the series, but for now I have to run away from the Matsuri fans. ><

Spoiler for running away:
Old 2007-05-22, 13:14   Link #235
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Skane, I was personally under the impression that she was actually his younger sister, and this older sister thing is just a recent lie to give her some leverage. By leverage I mean excuse for her young granny attitude. Yorito being the younger sibling can't question big sisters behaviour and actions. She's older (probably 10 times or so maybe ) so she knows best. =P
Old 2007-05-22, 15:09   Link #236
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Skane, I was personally under the impression that she was actually his younger sister, and this older sister thing is just a recent lie to give her some leverage. By leverage I mean excuse for her young granny attitude. Yorito being the younger sibling can't question big sisters behaviour and actions. She's older (probably 10 times or so maybe ) so she knows best. =P

Aono gave me the impression of being 1 year older back then too. Even if the situation wasn't reversed, Yorito beng male wasn't going to follow a sister's orders for too long. That's the nature of male development and male hierachy. She really doesn't have much leverage now either. In this set up, it's only prob 1-2 year age difference and he's a teen. If he was the older sib back then, no way was he going to listen to her back then imo.

Hey, 2 people voted "1". (1 above the known baseline.)
Old 2007-05-22, 15:10   Link #237
Barbka

Are you sure that all Yakas can make people into Yakas or just original Yakas?
what I mean is: Can a Yaka made by a nother yaka make a Yaka? Ok we can see Aono bring to life an origami frog with her blood, but is this the same thing as making a nother Yaka? And if she did bring the real Yorito to life, how did she managed to play with his memory for all this time (1,2,3 centuries)?
Old 2007-05-22, 15:21   Link #238
orion

Spoiler for off the wall Yorito theory part 2:
Old 2007-05-22, 15:27   Link #239
Vulcannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manatsu View Post
But it would make sense going with what I wrote in that last post. The unwanted emotional baggage that comes with human contact lowers the Yaka's guard against the negativity that would control their mind with berserker mode. Isolation is the best solution for that.
Perhaps it's not the human contact but perhaps strong emotions? Both cases of the out-of-control behaviour were cases of pretty extreme emotions, fear and jealousy. And if we extend that to the more positive emotions like love, we get an explanation for Matsuri's comment about Yorito eventually coming to hate her--she expects that if she comes to love him she'd either end up doing something awful or more likely leave and hurt him that way. It would also explain why Aono is adamant about the brother/sister relationship despite obviously wanting more--as long as they're siblings they can be together, but it would help retard any extreme emotions from developing.

This would also alleviate some of the responsibility from Aono for the stabbing, since you can't help what you feel. It's just dangerous for Yaka to feel, a good reason for Aono's slightly emotionless demeanor. Especially if the mind/puppet control is Aono's power, since it has more potential for emotional pain when running amok than Matsuri's corrosion/decay power.
Old 2007-05-22, 15:33   Link #240
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbka
[1] Are you sure that all Yakas can make people into Yakas or just original Yakas?
what I mean is: Can a Yaka made by a nother yaka make a Yaka? Ok we can see Aono bring to life an origami frog with her blood, but is this the same thing as making a nother Yaka? [2] And if she did bring the real Yorito to life, how did she managed to play with his memory for all this time (1,2,3 centuries)?
1) We have the scene were Aono is brought back to life presented as something very simplistic in nature, Matsuri was forcing herself more when she was using the rust attack then when she brought Aono back, so you may be right, but at the moment the idea is much more of a stretch then just taking it as Yaka can make Yaka.

I'm sure it will be covered in some more detail in an episode or two. ^^

------
2) No, you are mistaken, Aono brought Yorito to life at most, some time a month or so ago. The hint to this is Yorito's memory range.

Also do you think Aono brought Yorito to life on her own. Wouldn't you think there might have been some special event or some special artifact that helped her. Not saying there was, but it's a possibility. I mean why a month ago, and why Aono can do it but apparently Matsuri can't or does not know how. You have to take into account Aono is most definitely not some sort of super villain.