AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-09-04, 11:05   Link #2421
thefeared

Is it just me, or is this Hayate x Athena thing seem TOO perfect? My gut feeling says that they have close to a 0% chance of getting together.

I viewed this chapter as positive development for Hina.
thefeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 11:17   Link #2422
Used Can

So, Hayate's brother got mentioned? And we're told he's wandered around many places? Hmmhmmhmmm.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Just, just wondering, am I the only Maria fan here?
No, I'm here too. I'm in for all the girls, remember? (Well, maybe not Nagi, but purely because how the plot has been developed.)

Quote:
Spoiler for More info&Correction of spoiler above. Not much difference, though:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-04, 12:46   Link #2423
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Just, just wondering, am I the only Maria fan here? There used to be some around here...
me three... ever since vol. 01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serffix View Post
Poor Hina.. seems like Hata enjoyed stomping on Hina's heart in the past few chapters but I suppose one can only hope that the deepest point (for Hina) has been reached and that the situation can only get better from now.
sigh... after gathering all the courage to confess her feelings it only led down to this moment... I got to admit I sympathize hina, but at the same time it sorta lifted some weights on my shoulder. okay then... moving forward!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
So, Hayate's brother got mentioned? And we're told he's wandered around many places? Hmmhmmhmmm.....
If hayate's brother's been mentioned in the spoiler is it okay to expect that he'll show up after this arc and reveal what kind of relationship he has with yukariko (nagi's mom) or is it too soon to tell? (or maybe it won't matter... who knows...)
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 13:01   Link #2424
mitsuganae

I've finally caught up on the latest manga chapters. Good gods, this title has transformed itself from comedy to teen drama. Not necessarily a bad thing, but part of me misses the delicious interplay between comic and serious elements that characterizes many earlier chapters.

A few thoughts. Because Athena's appearance and personality combines several aspects of other women in the Hayateverse, I wonder whether she's meant to come across as some kind of embodiment of the Eternal Feminine, i.e. a distillation of the essence of womanhood (and I say all this without any sexist intent)? Then again, maybe I'm just overthinking. Has anyone here read the second part of Goethe's Faust by any chance? Ok, now I really am overthinking.

I know Nagi-bashing is somewhat common, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised by Nagi's reaction to Hayate's obvious gloom. Instead of the anger or tears or general melodrama that one might expect from her past behavior, she demonstrates patience, restraint, and maybe even understanding -- all very admirable IMHO. It will be interesting to see if she can still restrain herself when she (inevitably, it seems) finds out about Hayate and Athena.
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 13:18   Link #2425
zibi88

well we dont know how nagi (and maria) will react to the news that Hayate loves Athena and not her...... Nagi kinda mostly thinks that becouse hayate is her buttler than it meens that he will have to love her too....

yet its obvious that hayate treats nagi like yougner sister....I doubt that he will fall in love with nagi at all..... bigger possibilities have Hina or Maria (maybe Ayumu too) than nagi...

for now im glad it focuses on story and not random chapters with nagi lieing down and playing games for whole chapter...... now the story is interesting... more Athena chapters is good thing.... since we still dont know who athena really is... and why she has ties to the royal garden (and what is her objective)

anyway its suppriseing that Athena was expecting hayate after what she told to him (that she doenst know who he is).... I wonder what kind of talk will they have (and will machina be there in the room.... or will they 2 stay alone in the room)... it would be amazeing if athena kinda rushed and hugged him like they used to do in past ^^

well hayate has to resolve the misunderstanding with Athena and so he can see how it will turn out later...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 13:22   Link #2426
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Ditch the spoiler tag, prim. It's a nice pic. I think Maria looks good when colored, but totally like background when black and white. That maid outfit is a look killer. Well, at least for me (not into maids)...

Hmmm~

Well, at least it's something. Too bad that Hina didn't break down. I really wanna see that. Perhaps after Hayate enters the mansion she'll go back home, and while on the way, or when she meets up with Ayumu / Hakuo trio (MIKI FTW!!) she'll let loose. THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME! Heheheh.

Ah, well, delusions aside, this chapter feels really.... .... .... icky ... like lying down paralyzed, while a thousand centipedes run across your body.

Kay, now...

a) Hayate sees Athena after dealing with Mr. Gundam
b) Hayate gets repelled, and... ??? I'm out of ideas here. If Hina helps him again after getting his butt kicked, I'll really hate this.
c) Interruptions... none. There's only a) or b)

a.1) Meets with her, they're both awkward, but he manages to confess. Athena acts like Hina (tsundere), after that I have no idea.
a.2) Meets with her, and they reconcile. Hayate is happy with that and leaves.
a.3) Meets with her, after reconciling they re-confess their love. Their feelings are true, but she betrays him for the gem.
a.4) Same as a.3), but she doesn't betray him. Instead he spends the night there (nothing x involved).

Hmmm, what else? ... Well, I'd like to hear more people add their thoughts. Which will it be?

241 might drag on with the fight to 242, or worse... That I'd really not like to see.

Well, sides that, It's already September. Was there a special chapter or anything last year for Christmas / New year? (It's ok if they're on break at that time, an early release of such a chapter is cool too.) How about a time skip?

Oh, and I just thought about this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
Some things have been bugging me, what's up with Nagi on the first page? I don't think that it's just a cover page unrelated to the story, I think she's using a gem or something that's glowing between her arms. And to think that she's already planning something 2-4 chapters ago, by her serious face or something. What's up?

They're in a museum.. lots of things seem to be related with Greek mythology. What if they find a hint there? Or even a gem? What are the odds of it being an exhibit with a description, and everything? Hahah... Hmm..
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 13:29   Link #2427
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Well, at least it's something. Too bad that Hina didn't break down, I really wanna see that. Perhaps after Hayate enters the mansion she'll go back home, and while on the way, or when she meets up with Ayumu / Hakuo trio (MIKI FTW!!) she'll let loose. THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME! Heheheh.
Agreed. I'm a Hina fan, but if she doesn't break down after something this big it'll just make her feelings feel forced (in my opinion, anyway). After seeing Toradora, outbursts of emotion every now and then can definitely help a story a great deal.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 13:46   Link #2428
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Agreed. I'm a Hina fan, but if she doesn't break down after something this big it'll just make her feelings feel forced (in my opinion, anyway). After seeing Toradora, outbursts of emotion every now and then can definitely help a story a great deal.
The Hina side of the evening isn't over yet. Heck, even if she just goes home directly (which remains to be seen), Ayumu will definitely ambush her and ask her how it went. And Hina is too clear-eyed to let her dressing-down of Hayate for being indecisive in confessing stand.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hayate would have to find a missing Hina crying alone in the night before morning. But if Hata really allows this to return to "business as usual" without resolution, my "suspend disbelief" nerve would have to be strained tremendously.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 13:50   Link #2429
mitsuganae

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
well we dont know how nagi (and maria) will react to the news that Hayate loves Athena and not her...... Nagi kinda mostly thinks that becouse hayate is her buttler than it meens that he will have to love her too....

yet its obvious that hayate treats nagi like yougner sister....I doubt that he will fall in love with nagi at all..... bigger possibilities have Hina or Maria (maybe Ayumu too) than nagi...
To be honest, I'm not terribly interested in shipping for its own sake, but rather how the various relationships contribute to character growth -- hence my remark about Nagi's admirable restraint. Hata probably planned out much of how the story ends (including who ends up with who) from the very beginning (as many storytellers do). I'm mostly content to simply sit back and enjoy the ride. I will, however, point out the notable absence of Nagi's image when Hayate thinks about all the other important people in his life and concludes that Athena is "not like the others." Only time will tell exactly what that means.
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 13:59   Link #2430
Rah

Hina x Ayumu / Miki end! DO IT HATA! Hayate isn't worth it. The only thing he might be worth is breaking her heart and making her cry. I NEED to see that. Hina on her knees crying, and Ayumu / Miki hugging her. FUCK YEAH!

Come on Haaattttaaaaaa, skip the pointless Machina fight, and show us some teary love. An Athena is fine too (them reuniting for real). But mostly I want to see Hina break. That composure of hers is starting to annoy me. It's like she'd stay calm after her house got bombed and everyone killed.

... *sigh*
Old 2009-09-04, 18:19   Link #2431
-Breakthrough-

why are people even BLAMING Hayate on this? Give the guy a fucking break. Plus, Hina was the one who asked it in the first place and she wanted an honest answer this time. In the past, lies led to misunderstands so Hayate thought the truth would be better. I still honestly think this is Hina's fault, if she wanted to confess, she should have gotten to the point and not ask hayate any other questions cause you know after all that he was going to go honest. Cut him some slack, jeeeeeeeeeez.
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 18:39   Link #2432
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisuke CP9 View Post
why are people even BLAMING Hayate on this? Give the guy a fucking break. Plus, Hina was the one who asked it in the first place and she wanted an honest answer this time. In the past, lies led to misunderstands so Hayate thought the truth would be better. I still honestly think this is Hina's fault, if she wanted to confess, she should have gotten to the point and not ask hayate any other questions cause you know after all that he was going to go honest. Cut him some slack, jeeeeeeeeeez.
I don't see any wrongdoing in what both of them did, so I'm kinda confused what you mean with "fault".
Hina just tried to tell him her feelings and failed in doing so and instead of her "Hayate is depressed because of this dinner with me" misunderstanding to continue, she just straightout asked him why he was looking so down the whole day.
Hayate, oblivious to what Hina was trying to do, just gave honest answers to her questions and realized his feelings in the process.

The only person person responsible for Hina's total heartbreak is Hata-sensei. But then again, developments like these make the story interesting which makes me in turn a happy fan
Serffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 19:29   Link #2433
IndoViking

Quote:
I don't see any wrongdoing in what both of them did, so I'm kinda confused what you mean with "fault".
Hina just tried to tell him her feelings and failed in doing so and instead of her "Hayate is depressed because of this dinner with me" misunderstanding to continue, she just straightout asked him why he was looking so down the whole day.
Hayate, oblivious to what Hina was trying to do, just gave honest answers to her questions and realized his feelings in the process.

The only person person responsible for Hina's total heartbreak is Hata-sensei. But then again, developments like these make the story interesting which makes me in turn a happy fan
Agreed. I think it's not actual hate, it's just that the "rage" reaction we spouted is because we know what Hina's feelings to him and (more or less) became a bit attached to it, even in the slightest way. And after seeing 239, that spontanious feeling comes out. So, it's not really anybody's fault, just that we all felt bad for Hina.
Old 2009-09-04, 19:45   Link #2434
Rah

Bzzzzzzzttt!!! Wrong!

Hina needs to become a lesbian. That's the only true answer. Let Hayate do what he wants if he even ends up pairing with someone. I want lesbians. A much better choice than going with Hayate. Who agrees? Come on don't struggle! You know you want it. ^_^
Old 2009-09-04, 19:46   Link #2435
Used Can

I'm sure Miki would agree.
Old 2009-09-04, 19:50   Link #2436
IndoViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Bzzzzzzzttt!!! Wrong!

Hina needs to become a lesbian. That's the only true answer. Let Hayate do what he wants if he even ends up pairing with someone. I want lesbians. A much better choice than going with Hayate. Who agrees? Come on don't struggle! You know you want it. ^_^
unless it's with hamster, i'd prefer her be with hayate.
Old 2009-09-04, 22:38   Link #2437
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Hina x Miki or Hina x Hamster is the only right choice
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 22:59   Link #2438
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:

Well, Hata did mention that Hina will get 'bullied'(by Hata) a lot when she first appeared... I didn't expect it to go this far.

Reading the blog entry in question, I found something interesting.

'Well, if she is the force of justice, of course there is a queen of evil... she might appear sometime sooner or later'

He also mentioned that Hina has a very important role to play.

Wha...? Queen of evil? Could it be Athena?

Last edited by primuler; 2009-09-04 at 23:18.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 23:32   Link #2439
GDB

Quote:
Wha...? Queen of evil? Could it be Athena?
Well, she did summon a demon, even if she didn't realize it/mean to. Seems like it would fit.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 00:07   Link #2440
bebichocpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serffix

Yes, u right. Hate-sensei is the main reason for Hina's heartbreak. But if she keeps on trying, Hina's tsundere will become more and more interesting. And maybe someday she finally success ^_^ ( as soon as possible ).
bebichocpha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen