AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2015-08-10, 06:16   Link #241
Starway

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
What happened, it the first epic fight in saga and they F it up!
This just really proves the complaints that some companies just don't give a crap any more when animation from 20 to 30 years ago looks a million times better than the crap like this that looks like it was made in paint at some points.
Old 2015-08-10, 06:50   Link #242
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

I still haven't seen the episode but Kaioshin damn it... this looks like a freakin' horror show. There was more derp in the last page that I've seen in the entirety of the original DBZ series.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 07:20   Link #243
justavisitor

The last episode is a crime to the classic series like DBZ...wonder if japanese fans will flood toei with complaint emails XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 07:37   Link #244
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

It's especially jarring if we consider we've already seen all of this in the Battle of Gods movie - in CONSIDERABLY SUPERIOR quality.

Old 2015-08-10, 08:02   Link #245
RDNexus

Is anyone here capable of finding out the reactions of the native fans to this episode?
And in general, their reactions to Toei's latest series? Or long-running ones, as well...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 08:57   Link #246
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

*applause*

Good job on shitting your beloved franchises with your QUALITY, Toei. So far, we have Sailormoon Crystal, Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold and DBS. After that, Digimon Adventure Tri will be next in line to be ruined (hopefully not). It’s like they rely on nostalgia factor alone to appeal to the audience and not much else .
Old 2015-08-10, 10:24   Link #247
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Am I the only one who's thinking:

"The Director is asking the Voice Actor of Kaio to deliberately read his lines in as slow, quite, bored and disinterested a manner as he possibly can."
Old 2015-08-10, 10:26   Link #248
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Whenever I see this image, Guile's theme appears
Old 2015-08-10, 11:52   Link #249
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
*applause*

Good job on shitting your beloved franchises with your QUALITY, Toei. So far, we have Sailormoon Crystal, Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold and DBS. After that, Digimon Adventure Tri will be next in line to be ruined (hopefully not). It’s like they rely on nostalgia factor alone to appeal to the audience and not much else .
Don't know, Soul of Gold looks decent, compared to Crystal and Super...
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 12:21   Link #250
chaos_animagic

LOL, the animation quality reminds me of that "FANMADE" version of "DBZ sequel" LOL...

Maybe they got that guy to work for them?

Also, feels like DBZ supers is just a lengthened form of their Movies...

Next we'll probably see the other Movies in here, LOL.

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2015-08-10 at 12:45.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 12:44   Link #251
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
LOL, the animation quality reminds me of that "FANMADE" version of "DBZ sequel" LOL...

Nah. If they were into getting fan artists to work for them they could at least get Team Four Star on board and have the jokes actually be funny .

Old 2015-08-10, 13:13   Link #252
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Don't know, Soul of Gold looks decent, compared to Crystal and Super...
Yes, SoG is the best of the (crappy) bunch with occasional great moments, but the overall animation still leaves a lot to be desired imo.
Old 2015-08-10, 14:02   Link #253
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Am I the only one who's thinking:

"The Director is asking the Voice Actor of Kaio to deliberately read his lines in as slow, quite, bored and disinterested a manner as he possibly can."
I get that he's old, but I watched a Smithsonian clip from the 1930's of 80 and 90 year old American Confederate Civil War veterans performing the rebel yell, which is basically a whooping, loud, hollering sound to intimidate the opponents. These guys were damn old so I'm not sure I fully buy the old man argument (though I definitely accept it's a factor) for Kaio's atrocious performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Whenever I see this image, Guile's theme appears
I knew I recognized that face somewhere! Certainly wasn't Son Goku's.

Even though the original series had some super inconsistent animation at times, this is definitely scraping the bottom of the quality barrel here. It says something about the industry that it's devolved in some ways over the course of twenty years.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 14:30   Link #254
RDNexus

Dear goodness... True enough, this series has been an animation fiasco so far... Unfortunately...
Even this week, the scenes I kinda remember from the movie were so terrible I felt bad seeing them...
And it seems next week won't get it any better... Why did they even decide to do it in the first place?
I should have known, given the "Kai" treatment they gave to DBZ, that this one would fail big time...

Now I can clearly say this... Unfortunately... Thank goodness they didn't do a full remake of DBZ...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 16:38   Link #255
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow....this has been quite the tragic visual affair so far.

Could someone at Toei at least pretend to give a damn?
Old 2015-08-10, 22:36   Link #256
justavisitor

Frankly when the news of Dragonball super came out, I was expecting to see the story go beyond the revival of Freeza...so once again the whole universe would expect goku to achieve something only he can do (Actually I am not that excited about those two movies because all of a sudden Goku becomes a trainee again)

I don't know if they will go beyond the freeza arc..If they do, I don't mind them to save the budget, put the movie scene in (XD), and make the last arc (if any) spectacular
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 07:17   Link #257
Gundamx

Why didn't they just used copy scene from the movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post

Also, feels like DBZ supers is just a lengthened form of their Movies...

Next we'll probably see the other Movies in here, LOL.
Late to party?
Super will start with last two movie story in greater detail before entering it's own story route
Spoiler for spoiler from PV:
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 11:11   Link #258
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I don't know if they will go beyond the freeza arc..If they do, I don't mind them to save the budget, put the movie scene in (XD), and make the last arc (if any) spectacular
Yes, DBSuper will go beyond the Golden Freeza Arc. But honestly, i do not believe Toei is going to improve the animation in those arcs. The studio is just pure garbage right now. If they can profit with these old franchise remakes by doing such retarded animations (less effort and money spent) they will continue to do so.

I droped Fairy Tail because of the stupid animation quality, and i'm also tempted to do the same with Dragon Ball. There is no point for me to watch battle animes with crappy and poorly done action scenes. It's just sad and frustrating.

Last edited by DemonneoPT; 2015-08-12 at 20:54.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 12:24   Link #259
Dragonria

Quote:
Why didn't they just used copy scene from the movie?
What's the point on making an anime if it's for doing the same thing as the movie?
Dragonria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 13:02   Link #260
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Perspective
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy