AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-16, 15:59   Link #2581
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
The OP doesn't show any EP4 scenes.
They showed Maria with the halloween pumpkins back at the beginning of arc 1 but that was in reference to arc 2.

I was hoping they'd do a whole new OP for the last two question arcs. I guess this means we should expect another new OP for arc 4.
Old 2009-09-16, 16:01   Link #2582
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Maybe as a hint that they won't be sticking around for too long ;3?
How so? All of the other first twilight victims are in the OP... and Nanjo is in EP3 until near the end. ^^;

And I think Genji and Kumasawa especially deserve to be in the OP... seeing what they do in this EP. >w>

Old 2009-09-16, 16:04   Link #2583
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
How so? All of the other first twilight victims are in the OP... and Nanjo is in EP3 until near the end. ^^;

And I think Genji and Kumasawa especially deserve to be in the OP... seeing what they do in this EP. >w>
Well Kanon and Shannon are there for the relationship part with Jessica and George XD; But still, just as a hint is all I'm saying :P Then again, I guess they just forgot about them.
Old 2009-09-16, 19:41   Link #2584
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I just noticed that Battler called Beatrice "Beato". Looks like we won't get the "call me Beato" dialogue.
Old 2009-09-16, 19:43   Link #2585
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
I just noticed that Battler called Beatrice "Beato". Looks like we won't get the "call me Beato" dialogue.
I noticed that too DD: He just suddenly picks that nickname up from Maria
Old 2009-09-16, 19:54   Link #2586
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
They showed Maria with the halloween pumpkins back at the beginning of arc 1 but that was in reference to arc 2.

I was hoping they'd do a whole new OP for the last two question arcs. I guess this means we should expect another new OP for arc 4.
The mirror scene was definitely a reference to arc 2.
Old 2009-09-16, 20:06   Link #2587
MarthX

The first OP showed scenes from EP1 and EP2
The second OP was just a portrait change. None of the other scenes were changed.
The third OP changed the portrait and shows EP3 scenes

I wonder if we'll get a fourth OP with EP4 scenes. I'm thinking yes.
Old 2009-09-16, 20:20   Link #2588
Goldsmith

Perhaps ep 4 won't be in this season....
Old 2009-09-16, 20:22   Link #2589
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
Perhaps ep 4 won't be in this season....
What, why not? There is going to be at least 25 episodes (that much is confirmed). I love EP 3 and all, but devoting episodes 12-25 for that one arc is serious overkill.
Old 2009-09-16, 20:37   Link #2590
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Judging by the pace of the previous Episodes, and this episode's pacing, we will get Episode 4 this season.
Old 2009-09-16, 21:05   Link #2591
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

I don't really see any logic in holding on animating the already existing fourth Episode just to cram it in with the other four "Answer Arcs" during the second season... so why are people even thinking that there will be a lack of the fourth episode?
Old 2009-09-16, 21:08   Link #2592
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Wishful thinking, I've been saying since before the anime aired that we would get the first 4 arcs in a 24-26 ep season.

Old 2009-09-16, 22:14   Link #2593
Marion
The Great Dine

DEEN will never put answers arcs along with question arcs. They did that in Higurashi and they got fast paced episodes and lots of cuts. Higurashi Kai was better though because there was less to put in, not to mention that one small extra arc Ryukishi actually made them insert into the anime just to help anime-only viewers
Old 2009-09-17, 01:03   Link #2594
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
DEEN will never put answers arcs along with question arcs. They did that in Higurashi and they got fast paced episodes and lots of cuts. Higurashi Kai was better though because there was less to put in, not to mention that one small extra arc Ryukishi actually made them insert into the anime just to help anime-only viewers
Well, the only reasonable hope there ever was needed a 3 season anime, with EP4 in the second season.
That's the only way they could possibly have moved EP4 out of the first season, and it's the only way they could have done full justice (in my opinion) to the VN.

Still, for various reasons, that was pretty much impossible, the most obvious of which being that Ryuukishi hadn't yet written the material to be used for almost 2 seasons with that plan. That'd be taking a pretty huge risk, especially considering Ryuukishi's crazy doujin ways

The Episode split we got was practically set in stone the minute anyone decided to start making an anime.
A bit sad, but no real way around it.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-09-17, 01:14   Link #2595
MarthX

I'm not sure how they will handle the rest of the series.

EP5 needs like 8 episodes.
EP6 isn't out but it'll probably be around the same.
EP7 could be long since it's supposed to be when the big answers start coming. Minagoroshi was 8 episodes in the anime.

8-8-10?

If there's an EP8. There's no way they could fit it along 5, 6 and 7.

EP8 could be really long like Matsuribayashi. Would they make a third 13 episode season for EP8?
Old 2009-09-17, 01:40   Link #2596
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

If there's an Episode 8, then maybe we'll get a 3rd season, or if DEEN would like to cash in more money, they might make a multi-part OVA.
Old 2009-09-17, 01:42   Link #2597
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Ok umm why is everyone using "Beatrice" (in quotations) in the anime episode thread for Episode 12? Is this like the spoiler-free reference to Eva-Beato?
Old 2009-09-17, 01:45   Link #2598
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Ok umm why is everyone using "Beatrice" (in quotations) in the anime episode thread for Episode 12? Is this like the spoiler-free reference to Eva-Beato?
Before she takes on the "Virgilia" moniker (very funny, Predecessor), she's only known by her original name of "Beatrice", so...
Old 2009-09-17, 01:47   Link #2599
Westlo
Lets be reality

^ Yep... calling her Virgillia at the moment would be a spoiler.
Old 2009-09-17, 01:51   Link #2600
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I guess I missed a discussion somewhere. Thought people were using the Beatrice name to refer to said orange-haired witch.
Closed Thread