AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-11-07, 10:22   Link #261
XFire
150% done

I kept expecting her sister to go full bitch on her, but she actually seems like she's enjoying herself.

The part where she realized she was on her parents Grace cracked me up.
Old 2017-11-07, 20:13   Link #262
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Woah, it's been long since last time I read this.

Please tell me the other girls aren't treated as friendship tools anymore D:
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-13, 13:34   Link #263
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for ch33:
Old 2017-12-13, 14:15   Link #264
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Spoiler for ch33:
sounds good, but will he do it cause of affection or because of power.

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-13, 19:15   Link #265
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Or will he bullshit his way out like he's been doing so far?
Old 2018-01-05, 19:23   Link #266
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for c34:
Old 2018-01-05, 22:59   Link #267
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Spoiler for c34:
And the only thing that can save him is hime and the other 4 ring powers.

I wanted to say wives but he doesn't see them that way

Old 2018-01-07, 01:35   Link #268
Windsgrace

Quote:
Spoiler for c34:
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
And the only thing that can save him is hime and the other 4 ring powers.

I wanted to say wives but he doesn't see them that way
This is speculation but isn't the ring king suppose to be a sacrifice to suppress the abyss king?
Ring king collects ring's of power-> masters the power +swordsmanship-> gets close to the women to gain more power-> realize the abyss king and his minions are too strong.-> Sacrifices his soul and his part of the power he gained to suppress the abyss for a time.
The abyss seems to be an accumulation of the sins, negative emotions etc, that build up over time. e.e karma. An imprint of the kings personalities are on the "good" rings before their fall. All the hints & foreshadowing thus far hint towards this.

Thoughts?
Old 2018-01-07, 05:40   Link #269
great_agrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsgrace View Post
This is speculation but isn't the ring king suppose to be a sacrifice to suppress the abyss king?
You're making this sound far more complicated than it needs to be. There is nothing to suggest the Ring King is a sacrifice since we actually have an eyewitness and participant from that time, the previous Elf princess, and she mentioned nothing of the sort. Nor is this the kind of story that is trying to mess with the audience with a twist ending. This poisoning episode is likely just a convenient plot device to get some bonding and lewds going.

Also, why is the thread still tagged with "actually not a harem" when it goes out of its way to beat the audience over the head with the fact that it is a harem. I mentioned this before, but I don't imagine divorce is a popular concept in fantasy medieval land, let alone when it's about magically binding marriages, so unless the MC plans to make everyone miserable, he'll have to succumb to temptation eventually, especially since the childhood friend is pushing him to do just that.
great_agrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-07, 06:06   Link #270
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsgrace View Post
Ring king collects ring's of power-> masters the power +swordsmanship-> gets close to the women to gain more power-> realize the abyss king and his minions are too strong.-> Sacrifices his soul and his part of the power he gained to suppress the abyss for a time.
The abyss seems to be an accumulation of the sins, negative emotions etc, that build up over time. e.e karma. An imprint of the kings personalities are on the "good" rings before their fall. All the hints & foreshadowing thus far hint towards this.

Thoughts?
No, the king probably won't die, otherwise we would already heard of it in the legend, since this apparently isn't the 1st generation elf would already said that all the girl won't have their love. but from her words, we can concluded that the King himself might have some problem, as seen by generation of princess described as unsatisfactory. we knew that the princess is fine, as the elf is still jumping around, so the issues definitely lies with the King.

what the issues is, is the legend even trustworthy in the 1st place. assumed the word of the abyss lord are true, then the ring are some form of tools for certain purpose, remember the abyss also have a set of black rings. which lead to question, who actually created the ring, what is the relationship between the white and black ring ???
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-07, 08:37   Link #271
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_agrarian View Post

Also, why is the thread still tagged with "actually not a harem" when it goes out of its way to beat the audience over the head with the fact that it is a harem. I mentioned this before, but I don't imagine divorce is a popular concept in fantasy medieval land, let alone when it's about magically binding marriages, so unless the MC plans to make everyone miserable, he'll have to succumb to temptation eventually, especially since the childhood friend is pushing him to do just that.
well so far i know the reason this is tagged as ''actually not harem'' if because for the mc the only girl for him is hime. unless he has changed but nobody has said so

Old 2018-01-07, 08:49   Link #272
Tenzen12

It would be still harem even if MC were gay and gynophobic to boot. Guys feeling doesn't matter only important is number of girls in harem.
Old 2018-01-07, 10:38   Link #273
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
well so far i know the reason this is tagged as ''actually not harem'' if because for the mc the only girl for him is hime. unless he has changed but nobody has said so
well and to be honest so far the only girl which true looks like in love with mc is really hime all the others are there more for the "save the world" than actually in love with him, if had other way rater than the ring they could go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It would be still harem even if MC were gay and gynophobic to boot. Guys feeling doesn't matter only important is number of girls in harem.
i really don't consider a "harem" a serie just with "girls numbers" remember his previous work tasogare???, it's not was a harem, despise he had 3 girls(the main ghost girl and the 2 "rivals"), he only had eyes for the ghost and shut the others 2.

Also others works had "man girls" but the only real romance was mc x one girl and the others being here just to make "numbers", that sort of serie i really don't call "harem", unless at last one side show "true interest on the others side(the guy interest on all girls or all girls interested on mc), otherwise is just a "fake harem where the girls are there just for the "fanservice".

into this serie so far the only girl real romantic interested on mc is hime.

cat girl is going only after his body and "seeds" since her race like to mate only with the strongest, even she being after him it's still don't look likes being romance it's just lewd.

elf girl is your "shy shut-in which sometimes looks like interested on him and others just because she is inexperient with males them don't matter much if was mc or other could be anyone to make her happy.

dragon girl really looks like she is only there for the "job" she really don't look any real interest on him rater than the "let's destroy the abyss king.

the robot girl also so far looks almost the same as dragon girl.

ofcourse the plot try to move to a harem but really so far development is more toward only hime than any other girl and most of the girls don't really seens interested on develop bonds with mc as hime looks.
Old 2018-01-07, 11:33   Link #274
Tenzen12

Amnesia had two girls interested third wasn't. Here all girls are into him in one all other way especially elf and Amazon. Anyway harem gender existed long before you even could spell "anime". Even if you bring some random personal bias into that it doesn't change it's definition that exist for decades.
Old 2018-01-07, 11:46   Link #275
Blueknight78

Quote:
Amnesia had two girls interested third wasn't. Here all girls are into him in one all other way especially elf and Amazon. Anyway harem gender existed long before you even could spell "anime". Even if you bring some random personal bias into that it doesn't change it's definition that exist for decades.
"it's not random personal bias" is about "what is harem", i'm not sayin which this don't exist, harem gender exist but is not about "how many girls" a serie have(anime/manga/novel) but how many are attracted to only one character and how it is developed, as i told you can find many "fake" harem where you have a girl surround by many girls but actually only one was really interested on him romantically and only one being developed and the other where there just to "make numbers", this is different from have all of them being developed, series like to love ru love rina and others are harem because you have all girls interest on mc and have all of them get a development with mc.

and not amnesia all the 3 girls where interested, the girls which was from the ghost family was interested on him aswell the blond one, but he aways was about the ghost and ignored the others 2.

again i'm not saying which "harem gender don't exist" but this don't means which "all harems are equals" or just because a serie is full of girls is a "harem" fairy tail you have many girls but is not a harem, another exemple is rakudai no kish, you have many girls but the only real development is between mc and main girls all others girls are there just for numbers.

It's just "numbers don't make a serie harem" but rater the development, specially in romance.
Old 2018-01-07, 11:58   Link #276
Tenzen12

Of course FT isn't harem. You would need at least three girls interested which is obviously not case. In KYM all are interested (including dragon princess). Again what doesn't matter is how many girls protagonist likes or not but how many girls like protagonist at same time. If answer is >=3, it's harem. Period.
Old 2018-01-07, 12:03   Link #277
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Classified as Harem Genre

Whether it will have True Harem ending is another matter altogether
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-07, 12:08   Link #278
Blueknight78

Quote:
Of course FT isn't harem. You would need at least three girls interested which is obviously not case. In KYM all are interested (including dragon princess). Again what doesn't matter is how many girls protagonist likes or not but how many girls like protagonist at same time. If answer is >=3, it's harem. Period.
that the difference "being" interested is not the same of "like", the only girl which true "like the mc" in a real romantic interest is hime, all the others are interested on him for others reasons than real romance, the cat girl is just after "his seeds", the elf girl because she is having fun and having a different life and even a little interest on him in a romantic way, both robot and dragon are for the "sake of save world".

Ofcourse the plot it's moving to harem and forcing the mc to accept the harem cuz is the only way to save the world but still so far a very "weak harem" with really little development toward others girls, compared with himi which is the "main focus".
Old 2018-01-07, 12:29   Link #279
Tenzen12

In this particular case it's indeed same.
Old 2018-01-07, 12:46   Link #280
Blueknight78

well anyway i'm still holding on my theory of "lord of the rings" situation, wher the only way to end that cicle of abyss lord and hro ring to end is by destroying all the rings", i'm still believe which the "rings" are the culprid of all tha mess and as long you have the rings the cicle will keep repeating.

Tags
actually not an harem, fanservice, fantasy, harem, true harem