AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-09-17, 05:41   Link #2801
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
1. Can't enter the RG without a gem.
2. Can't enter the RG without the "power" being present there / possessing it?
3. Hayate entered the RG without either (unless he really does have one inside of him, and it's that which causes him so much misfortune).
4. If Hayate didn't steal the "power", did someone else do that?
To be more specific, you can't enter RG if you don't have Gems without curses.

So, by this chapter, we now know:

1. What kind of past Athena had. But not clearly enough.

2. Isumi is the key of the series. She's the person who can break the curse upon the gems.

But also, we have questions

1. If Machina is not human, then what is he?

2. So how come Athena has Royal's powers?

3. Who else could have taken Royal's powers?

4. What is the punishment that Athena, Himegami, Mikado received?

5. So why did Mikado want God's power? Yukariko was alive at that time.

For no.3, I have some speculations. The day when Hayate came out, Hayate's brother helped Yukariko. This may be bit wild, but it is possible that Yukariko must have lost her way and wandered into the garden. We have two candidates. Hayate's brother and Yukariko. Either way, if it is, the Royal power went to the person who did not want it. I dunno, but it is possible that Yukariko may have died because of the Royal's powers.

Hata said Yukariko is a heroine of a manga he drew before he started working as a mangaka. I wonder...

Something off-topic though

Spoiler for My view on Athena. Am I the only one who thinks this?:

Last edited by primuler; 2009-09-17 at 09:37.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 06:39   Link #2802
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

Ah, I forgot that there was a break after this chapter...well it's going to be a boring week then.

Anyways, I see that Athena might not be as receptive as we thought if Hayate were to confess to her. While she showed what could have been...well some kind of positive feelings towards him after they met, she was apparently troubled since then as well. She may have decided that he did intend to take her power and seems like she has chosen taking the stones over Hayate. This is not going to end well for either of them, but at least Hayate has a group of people that care about him to help him through it (and likely take care of him while he recovers, Nurse Hina and Nurse Maria, and everyone else tries to keep Nagi from cooking) though Athena seems to have only Machina unless she has other servants in there. Speaking of which, I wonder if she has a maid who acts like her Maria, I kind of doubt it but it would be interesting to see.

I seriously doubt he would have a transformation, they've been joking about that since Chapter 1 between the gundam references and freeza and all the others. He may actually use his ultimate move again but we haven't seen him work on it and last time it broke like half of his bones or something. Still he seems to be able to do whatever he needs to do (as he is a completely parody sue like Hinagiku) so he can probably come up with a way to fix it next chapter.

Well until a week from now we only have so much speculation, so let's try to come up with something good.

Last edited by Teleutao; 2009-09-17 at 06:41. Reason: Forgot this
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 08:12   Link #2803
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Spoiler for My view on Athena. Am I the only one who thinks this?:
*jams the /agree button*
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 16:00   Link #2804
Used Can

I remember we got spoilers once, even if the chapter wasn't supposed to be released a week later. Hopefully, we'll get lucky this time as well.
Old 2009-09-17, 17:09   Link #2805
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
Ah, I forgot that there was a break after this chapter...well it's going to be a boring week then.

Anyways, I see that Athena might not be as receptive as we thought if Hayate were to confess to her. While she showed what could have been...well some kind of positive feelings towards him after they met, she was apparently troubled since then as well. She may have decided that he did intend to take her power and seems like she has chosen taking the stones over Hayate. This is not going to end well for either of them, but at least Hayate has a group of people that care about him to help him through it (and likely take care of him while he recovers, Nurse Hina and Nurse Maria, and everyone else tries to keep Nagi from cooking) though Athena seems to have only Machina unless she has other servants in there. Speaking of which, I wonder if she has a maid who acts like her Maria, I kind of doubt it but it would be interesting to see.

I seriously doubt he would have a transformation, they've been joking about that since Chapter 1 between the gundam references and freeza and all the others. He may actually use his ultimate move again but we haven't seen him work on it and last time it broke like half of his bones or something. Still he seems to be able to do whatever he needs to do (as he is a completely parody sue like Hinagiku) so he can probably come up with a way to fix it next chapter.

Well until a week from now we only have so much speculation, so let's try to come up with something good.
The greatest good never comes without a struggle, no matter what the case Hayate is better for making the effort than not at all, and is infinitely closer to achieving a better outcome for himself and Athena by that as well. Hayate just needs Archer's (or Signum's) resolve to see things through to the end.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 21:44   Link #2806
Used Can

I am the bone of my luck
Misery is my body and misfortune is my blood
I have created over a thousand misunderstandings
Unknown to death
Nor known to life
Have withstood pain to help many people
Yet, these efforts will never reach anything
So, as I pray, Unlimited Mishap Works
Old 2009-09-17, 21:47   Link #2807
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Hayate doesn't even have real bad luck. His whole bad luck bit (and by extension, Wataru's) just rubs me the wrong way.

Look at his circumstances. He's got a harem now. How does he have bad luck, Hata?
Old 2009-09-17, 22:20   Link #2808
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
Look at his circumstances. He's got a harem now. How does he have bad luck, Hata?
Because, unluckily, he's too stubborn to accept the feelings of those who confess to him while being completely ignorant of the feelings for those who haven't. In addition, many of those in his harem are too stubborn to confess to him.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 22:27   Link #2809
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Because, unluckily, he's too stubborn to accept the feelings of those who confess to him while being completely ignorant of the feelings for those who haven't. In addition, many of those in his harem are too stubborn to confess to him.
Rather than stubborn, I think he's more timid than anything.

Plus, only Nagi and Hina are too stubborn to confess, that's only 2 out of his 6 (8?). Ayumu and Kotetsu already have, Athena is... Athena, and Izumi isn't so sure of what she's feeling. Maria and Isumi don't seem to be in his harem while at the same time are still seemingly in his harem so I never feel like talking about them in his harem...

But whatever, I'm just nitpicking.
Old 2009-09-17, 22:35   Link #2810
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Hayate doesn't even have real bad luck. His whole bad luck bit (and by extension, Wataru's) just rubs me the wrong way.

That is his perceived bad luck. He got a harem but he does not know he has harem. Due to his character and situation, he cant use his harem for his own pleasures and instead is burdened by it.

If you are surrounded by beautiful girls that you want to get but know you cant get, you wont feel that happy at all.
Old 2009-09-17, 23:12   Link #2811
Used Can

The bad luck deal is mostly a running gag. However, you'd have to admit Hayate does run in too many unlucky situations. Sure, his life is not all about misfortune, but he runs into more mishaps than most people - some of those are his own fault, though.

Quote:
Ayumu and Kotetsu already have
I like how you added Kotetsu in his harem.
Old 2009-09-18, 09:10   Link #2812
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
That is his perceived bad luck. He got a harem but he does not know he has harem. Due to his character and situation, he cant use his harem for his own pleasures and instead is burdened by it.

If you are surrounded by beautiful girls that you want to get but know you cant get, you wont feel that happy at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
The bad luck deal is mostly a running gag. However, you'd have to admit Hayate does run in too many unlucky situations. Sure, his life is not all about misfortune, but he runs into more mishaps than most people - some of those are his own fault, though.
Well, whether he's aware of his harem or not, it's hard to say he has bad luck when he basically wanted to end his life as a six year old boy, found a "lover" of sorts, broke up with her on terrible terms, and is now living in the house of quite possibly one of the most wealthiest families in the entire country (world?).

Yes, he's had a lot of bad things happen to him, possibly because of his luck, but looking at him now, he's much better off than most people who have good luck are, even without his harem.

People who have "neutral" luck have just as much crappy stuff happen to them (possibly even more) but don't have the huge rebounds like Hayate does. With Hayate's life, everything evens out. I don't think someone with "bad luck" would ever have their life to even out. If anything, I'd say Hayate has drastic neutral luck, since at times he has obscenely stupid things happen to him, while other times it's like he's blessed by some God(s).

Quote:
I like how you added Kotetsu in his harem.
But of course. The Segawa arc is one of my favorites, and the Segawa siblings are always fun to read/watch for me.
Old 2009-09-19, 07:15   Link #2813
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

First off, I'd like to point out Hayate's parents. If you had to spend even a week with them you'd consider yourself pretty unlucky, now try going for 16 years. He's more just a danger magnet than anything else but his bad luck is indeed legendary. How many other butlers have a mistress than smacks him around like Nagi? Or has to fight robots, assassins, and supernatural enemies as much as Hayate? Hell, he even was afflicted with a curse that affected only the most unlucky person in the world and being super unlucky was his class ability in the dungeon crawl under the church. Sure he's happier now, and I'm glad he is, but everything good that's happened to him also seems to cause emotional distress, physical harm, and a good chance of death too.

Secondly, I also include both Kotetsu and Izumi in his harem after the Segawa Arc, which I thought was great. In fact, after rereading it I have a new theory...Hayate is totally tsundere for Kotetsu.

I think he's a type B, which means he's kind and polite to everyone, except for one person (usually the love interest). Hayate is practically a sparkling image of goodness, even to his enemies unless he's getting serious, but as soon as Kotetsu is around it's like a switch gets hit (which is how a tsundere is defined on TVTropes) and he acts unlike he does with anyone else. During that battle over the lava it sure didn't take long for the two of them to forget about Izumi and actually yell at her for interrupting (which I couldn't picture Hayate ever doing until then). He then expresses some degree of praise for how Kotetsu risked everything on a second's notice to save Izumi even though he couldn't hold his sword now. Then he actually bandaged his hands up, complete with soap bubbles in the background and everything. And when Kotetsu realized this and asked Hayate to marry him again, Hayate didn't actually say no! He just told him he was getting ahead of himself, and the constantly hitting him even fits too!

No wonder Kotetsu is still after Hayate, that was just like saying 'I liek you but I'm playing hard to get' or something, especially since everyone knows they're in a manga and knows all the tropes for it. Damn, Hinagiku and Athena may find that they have some seriously unexpected competition in the future. I'm still supporting Hina to win in the end, but a Kotetsu end would just be so epic at this point that I couldn't be mad.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 16:24   Link #2814
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
Damn, Hinagiku and Athena may find that they have some seriously unexpected competition in the future.
This would work perfectly with my Xina story.
Old 2009-09-20, 08:32   Link #2815
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

^This will work perfectly in a visual novel... Can't help but remember the 'harem opening' in haruhi-chan... (Unless someone pulls a School Days scenario and forces Hayate to choose his partner, maybe a 'nice boat')

About hayate having bad luck. Most of the time, its for the viewers entertainment (I remembered the entry test to Hakuo academy and he said that he had good luck doing multiple choice questions, before the drama unfolded...) But on the other 'bad luck' with girls, I guess it's more to do with his guilt over Athena that he has yet to have a girlfriend now. Even though girls still like him, its more of him feeling that he is unable to make the person happy is what forcing the relationships to come to a standstill at the moment. Because if he had been more decisive right from the start, he could have ended up together with Ayumu and the series would have ended a long time ago. Of course that didnt happen as well.

If the curses have something to do over the lines of Umineko (I really hope not)... we're in for a whole new ball game here. And yes, other than Isumi, there isn't really any other characters we know who can dispel the curse (unless you count the Saginomiya family, and a whacky family at that...). Unless there are other ways to dispel it which at this point we have no idea about, I'm feeling that this series isn't going to end anytime soon.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 19:17   Link #2816
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

*yawn*
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 00:19   Link #2817
arand017

no spoiler news yet?
arand017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 00:23   Link #2818
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

no new chapters until the 30th...it will be a slow week
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 00:32   Link #2819
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Hopefully, there will be some spoilers in a few days.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 02:18   Link #2820
arand017

hope so.. last chapter or well the last five chapters have left us with a cliffhanger
arand017 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen