AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-04-25, 17:45   Link #2821
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbat
Hmmm, am I the only one who thinks Kanaria is just a Hina replacement?

and nobody shows any love for Souseiseki?
I mean,... Sui's fun and all, but I'd take Hina's over her 'fun' any day
Sou developped to a point where her personality demanded more respect than Shinku's

I sometimes wonder why Sou didn't choose Jun as her 'protector'
If I were Jun, I sure wouldn't sell my soul to Suiseiseki
I don't think Kanaria is just a Hina replacement. Wait. Maybe if its an unequal, totally inferior replacement yeah. Coz I, like grey, feel that Hina can never be replaced, and if so, definitely not by Kanaria. From what the staff have chosen to show about Kanaria, I don't like Kanaria. Not yet, at least.

Yep, I respect Sou, and I have nothing against her. Its just that with someone like Sui around, being unobnoxious = boring, so for me there's really nothing to talk about in the case of Sou. I'm pretty neutral to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon
I hope for an ending where everybody wins. I think that the other ways of becoming Alice will not require them absorbing each others Rosa Mystica, and therefore they should each be able to achieve Alice....
I wonder about that. I always had the impression that there would only be one Alice while the rest were turned into junk -- but I guess this was the limitation of the violent Alice Game. I wonder if this only "one alice" thing still applys.

*shivers in anitcipation for S3, and more Sui-Gin development*
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 17:58   Link #2822
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I got a feeling that the season 3 ending will be similar to the Mai-Otome ending.

Shinku: Come Kirakishou, let us be sisters again and not fight.

Kira: Shinku... Let's do it.

(Both smile for awhile)

Laplace: Oh no you don't (possesses Kirakishou)

Kira: (yells and screams in agony) Hurry! Take my Roza Mystica!

Shinku: No!

Kira: Please I'm begging you as a Rozen Maiden...(becomes Kirakishou MK II)

Shinku and Kirakishou fight for a while (depends how long the BGM is) Shinku uses the power of the other 6 RM dolls that she has in her disposal and overpowers Kira.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 18:34   Link #2823
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Stop Making Spoilers!

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 18:45   Link #2824
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
I got a feeling that the season 3 ending will be similar to the Mai-Otome ending.

(Both smile for awhile)

Shinku and Kirakishou fight for a while (depends how long the BGM is) Shinku uses the power of the other 6 RM dolls that she has in her disposal and overpowers Kira.
You forgot " And then she impales here with the cane."
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 18:57   Link #2825
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

No need to impale because that will not free anyone without killing Kira first. (I wonder how did Nina survive that though)
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 19:08   Link #2826
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Anyone who thinks Hina can be replaced by Kana is t3h sux0rz. You know Hina = GOOD cuteness.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 19:28   Link #2827
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:

(Both smile for awhile)

Lol. That is unlikely to happen. I doubt Laplace has the ability to possess anything. And if Kirakishou is just the way she is depicted in the manga, she will be too insane to even think to stop attacking Shinku. I think she could be even more insane than Suigintou of S1, which is already batshit insane as she is (which is good).
Mincemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 19:31   Link #2828
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I don't want Rozen Maiden to turn into another Dragon Ball or Tenchi Muyo or ... Pokemon!

Although it probably won't, I think they should end RM once and for all in season three. They better make a happy ending, or Peach-Pit's going to burn. I watched DearS, and it was a great ending although the manga didn't end yet.
Old 2006-04-25, 21:53   Link #2829
Lost

Quote:

(Both smile for awhile)

DONT GIVE THE STAFF WRITERS ANY SMART IDEAS!!!

Actually I wouldn't mind it if at the end, Kira is redeemed, and then lives with Laplace(while torturing him everyday), who lost his memory after being defeated and now thinks he is a hamster.

seriously: Yep I hope they end it happily at Season 3. To me, the series will seem overlong, and may even deterioate, if it continues longer than that.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 22:55   Link #2830
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Is this a doujin promotion?

And by popular demand.

Ohohohohoho!
Old 2006-04-25, 22:57   Link #2831
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Quote:
Is this a doujin promotion?

Probably. Shinku's dress is out-of-the-normal, so I'd say it's a doujin. But probably not an ero-doujin though.

Still, the pic is pretty cute. crap, I wish I could draw like that.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2006-04-25, 23:25   Link #2832
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:

(Both smile for awhile)

If it was me, Kira would be acting like a childish whining spoiled rich princess and Lapace is the poor bunny do all of Kira's dirty work (Steal stuff for her, plotting to get Rozen Mystical for Kira in season 2)

With that said, I find the lack of Souseiseki sickens me.

"Can I chop your dick off? Just one snip, pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssseeeeee?"

<-- y'know although I'm largely a Gin fan, I could definately fall for a human Souseiseki like her.

Last edited by Flo; 2006-04-25 at 23:42.
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 23:38   Link #2833
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

If she grew her hair longer, I second that.

Old 2006-04-26, 00:02   Link #2834
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Lol, a dancing Souseiseki is so out of character.

And then there's the super-elder-sister Souseiseki too.
Old 2006-04-26, 00:40   Link #2835
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara
If she grew her hair longer, I second that.
Short hair is hot!

And human Souseiseki=win.
Old 2006-04-26, 01:41   Link #2836
Flo
The Necessary Evil

*fap**fap**fap**note to self* sick bastard...
Old 2006-04-26, 05:17   Link #2837
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'd like a human Souseiseki, please.

Even Kanaria can be hot as a human ... eeh?
Old 2006-04-26, 05:24   Link #2838
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Human Kanaria will be a Kamen Rider Kabuto fan along with Human Souseiseki. HENSHIN
Old 2006-04-26, 05:29   Link #2839
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Hah. That's funny.
Old 2006-04-26, 06:20   Link #2840
Alu
Guide my hand...

My apologies if I haven't been keeping up with the posts here.., but I have been doing alot of reading in the Fate-Stay section..; I've just started watching the series and I wanted to understand what are the misteries that happen behind the story, etc.

Anyway.., I saw this quote by Mince, and all the talk about Sui so.., here is what I think regarding the following...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mincemaker
Then I say a Suiseiseki character development is in order. Even Suigintou started earlier than her in this department.

Once she overcame that, maybe Jun will finally see what she's really like and starts showering her with more affection.

Oh wait, maybe start of Season 3 has a depressed Suiseiseki (after all, Souseiseki's dead) locking herself in her box, and Jun's gotta cheer her up or something. Maybe that will make them closer or something.
In this case, I don't think Gin's character development started first then Sui's..; altough we do see mencione to Gin on the first episode already.., up until the very last ones of the 1st season we only see her as an Antagonist..., little or none information is given to us regarding the motives / feelings.

I belive Gin's role is to be followed like a straight line starting through season 1 and continuing in season 2 in order to observ her full character development; from antagonism to compassion.

Much like Gin, Sui / Shinku / Sou & Hina also follow a straight line in development from season 1 to season 2.
In the case of Sui, we actualy do see her development starting much sooner then other of the Rozen Maiden.

In the first episode we are introduced to her she has a compleat (I would say hatred but more..) dis-regard for humans.., and we do see this all through the episode.., but near the end where there is a part where Jun stands his hand out for her to grab, her opinion towards him starts to shift..; in other words.. this can be called the "trigger" effect (and I'm starting to sound like Kyon here though).

But after that she clearly can "stand" Jun much better...; this altough dispite what happens in the following episode, the Stair wars.., but that is just on how "devious" her personality is.

Another huge aspect of her character development is when Lenpika is sent by Gin towards her, and Jun stands to protect her..., while seeing him in pain she despite at first saying "I can't let a human save me", yells his name (as in she cared for him), and even ends up sacrificing Amethyst Dream for him.

All of this leads to the culmination of the affection towards both in Traumend in the episode where he acepts to be her medium; at first in this episode we do see Sui still beeing rather reluctant towards asking Jun for that.., but that is just how she is...

Shinku's words when Sui was first introduced where "...she is the shyest of all the sisters"..., this despite beeing the most devious.., it clearly shows us that the only way she would form a contract with Jun would be if Jun lowered his "pride" a bit and make it seem as if he was the one who needed her (this is best seen in the scene where she tries to give Jun the umbrella, see the dialogue there).

But knowing Jun..., he is not the most easy-going person arround so.. it had to come to a dangerous situation where he asked her for the contract.

Never the less.. we do see Sui taking respect for Jun.., there are moments where Jun's decisions and will seem to follow the "right" ideals.. and Sui does praise that in him.

@Solwy - What wallpaper are you up too next ? Is it Rozen Maiden related ?
If you have time I can find a nice Ilya timeframe for you.., but since this is I will better PM you..; altough I am sure all of us here would realy enjoy a Ilya wall from you aswell

@Nightbat :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbat®
Hmmm, am I the only one who thinks Kanaria is just a Hina replacement?

and nobody shows any love for Souseiseki?
I mean,... Sui's fun and all, but I'd take Hina's over her 'fun' any day
Sou developped to a point where her personality demanded more respect than Shinku's

I sometimes wonder why Sou didn't choose Jun as her 'protector'
If I were Jun, I sure wouldn't sell my soul to Suiseiseki
I also think that Kana is sort of a replacement for Hina.., altough we did have a good character development in Hina starting in the first episodes of season 1 ending in the lasts of season 2 where she goes silent.

But I recon since her fate was already layed down from the first episodes.., it was natural the series would require another "chibi" character with mostely the same caracterists as Hina, to give the series more humour.

All and all I find Hina to be more complexed in terms of character development the Kana.., maybe its because her role came to a conclusion (for now); but never the less Kana also has a huge affection for her medium.., after all.., the first episodes where she is trying to defeat the Rozen Maiden is all because she wants them for her medium.

Never the less.., now that Hina is gone.. and until she returns.., Kana fits the role perfectly in my opinion.

As for Sou..., I have great respect for Sou.., and I've always said that her motives where those of greatest honour..., much like what drives Gin through the first season.., Sou's love for father ends up beeing bigger then herself.. thus.. she puts them above everything else.., even her sister and herself.

I guess the reason why we don't talk about her much is because we are all confortable on how her role ended up..; I know... I felt realy sorry she had to die.., but her development had been done for such since the begining...

The self-sacrification ideal that she always has hold for something she belives in is indeed her greatest aspect and also her greatest burden.

The reason why she didn't acept Jun as her medium was simply because she already had one.., we do not know at what time she was awakend.., before or after Shinku ? Nothing is mencioned.., thus.. beeing as loyal as Sui was to her master.., I would very much doubt that she would exchange him for Jun or anyone else.

@Flo :
I realy don't see Sou as Kenshin.., allright.., she uses a pair of scissors.., but that is not a blade-inversed katana

Last edited by Alu; 2006-04-26 at 06:36.
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural