AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-12-01, 21:48   Link #2901
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
I'm curious why its takes so long to update. It ought to be able to script most/all of the repetitive tasks with a good Makefile or somesuch... (Though what make considers a friendly setup may not be very hostile for non-techie members. And even if it is doable, trying to work it into their system at this point would only disrupt things.) Maybe something related to text insertion.

For PSP users: I updated my rename_oggs.zip file to include the script for the demo version of Umineko http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b0mnymwzzmz
(If WH wants the program I used to generate the renamer, let me know and I'll send it to them.)
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 22:40   Link #2902
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
I'm curious why its takes so long to update. It ought to be able to script most/all of the repetitive tasks with a good Makefile or somesuch... (Though what make considers a friendly setup may not be very hostile for non-techie members. And even if it is doable, trying to work it into their system at this point would only disrupt things.) Maybe something related to text insertion.
Every time we release, we need to run a QC check. The times we've failed to do so in the past have been, uh, noticeable Also, there's the time it takes to upload, make sure the Mac installer works, update the websites and the Readmes, and so on.

That's what I was referring to.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 23:04   Link #2903
Keriaku
Thought Being

I agree with the others that having just about anytime where we can be 'caught up' with the japanese releases is worth it. If a pre-EP6 release is possible, I really hope you guys can pull it through.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 00:26   Link #2904
Metaler

Man... This will be the best Xmas ever. xD
Good job with the translation, guys! Take your time, so you don't get stressed with it. \o

Speaking of which, does anyone know when EP6 will be realeased. I'm kinda lost with the dates. xD
Metaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 00:27   Link #2905
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaler View Post
Man... This will be the best Xmas ever. xD
Good job with the translation, guys! Take your time, so you don't get stressed with it. \o

Speaking of which, does anyone know when EP6 will be realeased. I'm kinda lost with the dates. xD
December 30th at C77
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 00:32   Link #2906
Metaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
December 30th at C77
Ah, thanks. ^^
This will truly be the best Xmas and New Year's Eve. xD
Metaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 11:02   Link #2907
~Ayane~

Quote:
I personally, have heard that you guys were planning on releasing it as soon as this friday, but even if it takes a bit longer, you guys releasing it before Christmas would be amazing (I can safely say that I'm anticipating your patch more than anything else this Christmas)
this, this, please, ill die if im to wait a week more :<
~Ayane~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 11:19   Link #2908
Auria

I'd prefer a release before ep 6, too. As mentioned a week to catch up with spoilers/theories and stuff before ep 6 is out. Individual aspect: After christmas I'll get a canadian exchange student for a month and I don't know if I have the time to play (I'm extremely lucky already that she watches Anime and Umineko, can't count on her to play the game too, that would be too much of the cake XD), so I would have to wait until february ;_; (buuuut if you can have ep 6 in english out in that short period of time, february, if you release ep 5 after the ep 6 release since it saves you time I might give my very important ok for that.) I'm ready to get shot lawl
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 11:27   Link #2909
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

EP6 translated by February? 10 tons of gold and it's a done deal, a miracle for a miracle is fair
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 11:35   Link #2910
~Ayane~

but it would be awesome if you were releasing sixth arc chapterically (im sure theres no such word but, well....)
~Ayane~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 11:36   Link #2911
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

There are several reasons that's a bad idea, but the one that people care about is that it'll be finished much, much later if we do that.
Old 2009-12-02, 12:12   Link #2912
ZettaiRyouiki

I prefer a release of the EP5 about Christmas (Yep, I already bought mine ), February is a bit too long, just my opinion.
ZettaiRyouiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 13:36   Link #2913
LaplaceNoMa

Well, I believe most of us readers are willing to be the last 'beta-testers', the final line of QC. ^^ Once again, I believe noone will ever say a bad word to you about any errors or typos, and everyone will just re-read version 5.2.

So please, let us see it as soon as possible :>
LaplaceNoMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 13:37   Link #2914
ParasolPop

Actually, Witch Hunt members; how far deep in the game is this translation problem? If it's later in the game, you could release the first part soon, and leave the second part until afterwards, which I'm guessing would be released a week or so after the first part.
ParasolPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 13:40   Link #2915
Kamel

If it can't be done then it can't be done but if it is possible to release EP 5 before EP6 comes out it would be really, really helpful. Its not about "I can't wait any longer "its just that there are many news , discussions, theory compilations, etc that I and probably many others were avoiding for months with great strain to our curiosity . It would be good to have at least one day to bring myself up to date before I will have to ban myself from there for another 2-4 months.
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 14:20   Link #2916
ParasolPop

On second thought, I wouldn't mind not getting the patch next week. I'd even be fine with next week, or the week after. As long as it's somewhere before Christmas. Around the 23rd or so would be ideal, or maybe even during that awkward time that's after the 26th, but before the 31st.
ParasolPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 14:49   Link #2917
LaplaceNoMa

Eh, I envy you western people, here in Russia we only have the 'orthodox' chistmas (which is 7th january) holydays, and every day up to 31st december is a working day. However all the time from 1st to 10th January are the days-off so I guess this will be the best time for me to enjoy ep5 ;p
LaplaceNoMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 15:27   Link #2918
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParasolPop View Post
On second thought, I wouldn't mind not getting the patch next week. I'd even be fine with next week, or the week after. As long as it's somewhere before Christmas. Around the 23rd or so would be ideal, or maybe even during that awkward time that's after the 26th, but before the 31st.
I think you've missed k//eternal's post.

So yeah, it's either near the end of December or the beginning of January.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 16:17   Link #2919
Xander

I suppose I'm in the (apparent) minority of people who would honestly prefer if the team took their time to do the best possible job and not try to meet any artificial deadlines, but I'm obviously not going to complain if they choose to do otherwise. In the end it's all up to those responsible and that's enough for me.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 17:09   Link #2920
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
Well, I believe most of us readers are willing to be the last 'beta-testers', the final line of QC. ^^ Once again, I believe noone will ever say a bad word to you about any errors or typos, and everyone will just re-read version 5.2.
The sentiment is definitely appreciated; it just has nothing to do with our own QC process in this case. Sometimes, despite being ultra anal about getting everyone the best translation we can (we're talking like quintuple checking here), we do mess up. But we're talking about the errors/typos that are in the original Japanese script (of which there seem to be more than usual). To avoid the possibility of removing deliberate hints, we're pretty much stuck bringing those over in the translation.

Also, you'd be amazed how many haters we draw in. I don't know why, but that's just how it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParasolPop View Post
As chronotrig mentioned, the patch was never slated for next week. It's not a delay. Apparently there was a post on 4chan saying it was coming out, but it was a troll post.

Up-to-date news on what's going on with the translation will appear first here or on our site, not in a post by some anon on 4chan.

Tags
translation