Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2010-03-06, 15:22   Link #2941
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:

Ahmadinejad : Sept. 11 attacks a 'Big Lie'

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Saturday called the official version of the Sept. 11 attacks a "big lie" used by the U.S. as an excuse for the war on terror, state media reported.

Ahmadinejad's comments, made during an address to Intelligence Ministry staff, come amid escalating tensions between the West and Tehran over its disputed nuclear program. They show that Iran has no intention of toning itself down even with tighter sanctions looming because of its refusal to halt uranium enrichment . "September 11 was a big lie and a pretext for the war on terror and a prelude to invading Afghanistan," Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying by state TV. He called the attacks a "complicated intelligence scenario and act." The Iranian president has questioned the official U.S. version of the Sept. 11 attacks before, but this is the first time he ventured to label it a "big lie."In 2007, New York officials rejected Ahmadinejad's request to visit the World Trade Center site while he was in the city for a U.N. meeting. The president also sparked an uproar when he said during a lecture in New York that the causes and conditions that led to the attacks, as well as who orchestrated them, still need to be examined.

At the time, he also told Iranian state TV the attacks were "a result of mismanaging and inhumane managing of the world by the U.S," and that Washington was using Sept. 11 as an excuse to attack others . He has also questioned the Sept. 11 death toll of around 3,000, claiming the Americans never published the victims' names. On the 2007 anniversary of the attacks, the names of 2,750 victims killed in New York were read aloud at a memorial ceremony.

Source : MSNBC

Old 2010-03-06, 20:59   Link #2942
AnimeFan188

"A governor is photographed trysting with a transsexual by policemen who are later
arrested on extortion charges. There are two suspected murders and, oh yes,
Premier Berlusconi figures as well."

See:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation-a...,5062523.story

Italian political scandals make the U.S. versions look tame.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 21:19   Link #2943
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
on the bright side he is out of the gene pool.
Well that is very positive way to look at this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Ah yes.... let society/media parade the freaks out so the entire subculture can be mocked and tarnished. :P

"Oh, you watch anime... you must be one of "them" (shudder, run away)"

More seriously... it is kind of sad there isn't someone who's able to shake this guy and say "fine and all... but you're simply being made the village idiot by going public with an inanimate object fetish"

It also makes me wonder how strong the connection is with the poor attitudes towards mental illness and mental healthcare in Korea and Japan. This really isn't any different than the guys on the street who act out some version of Hamlet with the imaginary demons they see.
I will tell you a story. When I got bullied in Korea the teacher didn't punish the bully. Instead he told me to fight back and punch him instead. And when I went back home I was told I should have fought back. I probably should have fought back (however I was little weakling so expecting to fight back someone bigger than was impossible), but the point is that from my experience people will just tell you to toughen up and suck it up instead of trying to help properly. So in those types of environment I would think that mental illness will be pretty much neglected as people really expect you to just come through on your own.
Old 2010-03-07, 05:05   Link #2944
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Well that is very positive way to look at this.

I will tell you a story. When I got bullied in Korea the teacher didn't punish the bully. Instead he told me to fight back and punch him instead. And when I went back home I was told I should have fought back. I probably should have fought back (however I was little weakling so expecting to fight back someone bigger than was impossible), but the point is that from my experience people will just tell you to toughen up and suck it up instead of trying to help properly. So in those types of environment I would think that mental illness will be pretty much neglected as people really expect you to just come through on your own.
I think it would have been easy for the teacher to punish the bully. But that wouldn't have helped you, in the contrary the bullying would have been worse, because then the bully sees an even greater reason for bullying you.

I learned that fighting with a bully usually ends bullying - though I've not been bullied very much in the first place, so this may not count for a lot. (doesn't matter if you win or loose, just make sure he could potentially be overwhelmed, and that you are someone who is going to take the gloves off - to sum it up - be convincing that you really mean it and that you put all effort in that fight without hesitating)
Old 2010-03-07, 07:45   Link #2945
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
I think it would have been easy for the teacher to punish the bully. But that wouldn't have helped you, in the contrary the bullying would have been worse, because then the bully sees an even greater reason for bullying you.

I learned that fighting with a bully usually ends bullying - though I've not been bullied very much in the first place, so this may not count for a lot. (doesn't matter if you win or loose, just make sure he could potentially be overwhelmed, and that you are someone who is going to take the gloves off - to sum it up - be convincing that you really mean it and that you put all effort in that fight without hesitating)
It didn't in my case. I was beaten up by his friends after school. That is why if I had a handgun it could have solved the whole problem : putting him and his friends out of misery would have been much easier than going home and explaining to my parents the bruises, then getting scolded for "baiting" them.

Of course, I could have made the school a better place for the students by euthanising the relevant teachers who didn't like their jobs and refused to help the bullied students. Stalin was actually right despite all his wrong actions and thoughts in promoting communism : the "No man, no problem" actually worked on the micro scale.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 10:31   Link #2946
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Gundam Museum Proposed in Nagoya City Council

All those in favor say I!
Old 2010-03-07, 11:21   Link #2947
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It didn't in my case.
Well that happens.

Quote:
I was beaten up by his friends after school.
I know that would have been a lot more effort, but you could have brought the "war" to each of their homes. Fighting each of them at their own homes would certainly gain some attention (from adults too). Of'course I know that such an idea cannot be more alien for someone who is bullied. But you even had some sort of legitimation, since your teacher told you to defend yourself - I would call this proactive defense.

Quote:
That is why if I had a handgun it could have solved the whole problem : putting him and his friends out of misery would have been much easier than going home and explaining to my parents the bruises, then getting scolded for "baiting" them.
But that would have ended your life as you knew it. You certainly would not have had a chance to go through it the hard way - instead you might have chosen the seemingly easy exit (school shooting).
Don't get me wrong, but learning how to deal with bullies is a valuable lesson. Such lessons might be useful later on in your working environment too (depends on the colleagues).

Quote:
Of course, I could have made the school a better place for the students by euthanising the relevant teachers who didn't like their jobs and refused to help the bullied students. Stalin was actually right despite all his wrong actions and thoughts in promoting communism : the "No man, no problem" actually worked on the micro scale.
This is very much seen from your point of view alone. Most students would be rather set back/disturbed by your actions. It is a common mistake to confuse one's own situation with that of other people.
Or let me put it this way, it appears to be stupid to me, to fight for one's own freedom with means that definitly destroy one's own freedom. I am not against rather extreme means, but they have to be goal oriented and within a certain scope of proportionality:

Noone should take any action that exceeds that which is necessary to achieve the objective.

Last edited by Jinto; 2010-03-07 at 11:33.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 11:42   Link #2948
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Well that happens.

I know that would have been a lot more effort, but you could have brought the "war" to each of their homes. Fighting each of them at their own homes would certainly gain some attention (from adults too). Of'course I know that such an idea cannot be more alien for someone who is bullied. But you even had some sort of legitimation, since your teacher told you to defend yourself - I would call this proactive defense.
Heh. That's what my mother say my uncle did. Anyone bothered his friends or siblings? He'd go right to their homes to call them out. Of course, it meant that once in a while, people would come to his home to call him out.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 12:46   Link #2949
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
That, under the "don crap" legal system is called harassment. I get to go to jail and they get to laugh. The law only looks at things at the case basis.

Quote:
But that would have ended your life as you knew it. You certainly would not have had a chance to go through it the hard way - instead you might have chosen the seemingly easy exit (school shooting).
Don't get me wrong, but learning how to deal with bullies is a valuable lesson. Such lessons might be useful later on in your working environment too (depends on the colleagues).
Not exactly though. It would be better if they died. Killing people DOES solve problems, it is those who don't like those being killed who create additional ones, however which the latter can be easily ignored.

And at that age if I put a few rounds through their heads, I will just go to the juvenile court, then sent to a boys' home or mental institute. At least the rest of my life won't be marred by that experience.

Quote:
This is very much seen from your point of view alone. Most students would be rather set back/disturbed by your actions. It is a common mistake to confuse one's own situation with that of other people.
They can say or think what they want, which is not within my ability to control. At least I put my thoughts into action. I learnt a valuable lesson in high school, and that is that most people only justify their thought with words, not with action.

Many often get caught up with the unpleasant occurrences in their lives, and become mentally incapacitated. Often these are the bystanders that look on at an accident and did not help or react negatively to it. I doubt there is a way to blame them for their inaction, but it certainly takes some willpower from the conscious mind to pull oneself out of the loop and do something.

Quote:
Or let me put it this way, it appears to be stupid to me, to fight for one's own freedom with means that definitly destroy one's own freedom. I am not against rather extreme means, but they have to be goal oriented and within a certain scope of proportionality:

Noone should take any action that exceeds that which is necessary to achieve the objective.
I do get what you mean, but the loss of freedom is only temporary. Looking back, it would have been easier to firebomb the teachers' office and spend a few years in a juvenile penitentiary, rather than spending the next decade trying to break out of that cycle of fear that causes nervous breakdowns.

Apparently the bullies and the teachers value their own life above others and quote it as self-preservation, but yet espouse in the open that life is sacrosanct. I don't mind hypocrites, but this kind of hypocrisy only spawn the kind of trash that make our society more messed up that it already is.

Both the Columbine and the Virginia massacres brought attention to the problem of social vilification and marginalisation, but they are often diverted to indirectly related issue like gun ownership and such rather than the root. How many more innocent lives must be taken (most of the victims) and lost (the shooters) before the issue is corrected?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-03-07, 13:25   Link #2950
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Sumo wrestler steals cash machine from Moscow shop

A man believed to be a sumo wrestler ripped out a cash machine weighing 90kg (200lb) and made off with it on his shoulders, police in Moscow report .

The suspect and an accomplice were arrested after being stopped in a BMW with tinted windows which they were driving without number-plates . The machine containing 25,320 roubles ($850, £560) was found in the car. Police say the accomplice tried to take the blame for the robbery, saying he had misled his sumo-wrestler friend . They were alerted to the incident by a saleswoman, who said the suspects had walked into her shop in northern Moscow at 0600 and begun ripping out the electronic payment machine without a word . When she tried to protest, one of the suspects allegedly yelled at her: "Be quiet if you know what's good for you!"

The frightened woman waited until the two men had left before phoning police, who dispatched two officers to Marshal Fedorenko Street where they blocked the BMW . The man who allegedly carried the cash machine said he was a "professional sumo wrestler". "The second rascal says it is his fault entirely and makes out that he misled his sumo-friend, telling him he was taking away his own machine," Moscow police's press service added . Police said both suspects were from a "neighbouring country" but were registered as living in the Moscow area .

Source : BBC News
Old 2010-03-07, 14:59   Link #2951
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
That, under the "don crap" legal system is called harassment. I get to go to jail and they get to laugh. The law only looks at things at the case basis.
If you were as great in fighting as in finding excuses, you may not have had this problem in the first place (maybe). It just does not make sense, that you say you could kill several people and go almost unpunished but be imprissoned for harassment. Thats just illogical by any judicial standards.

Quote:
They can say or think what they want, which is not within my ability to control. At least I put my thoughts into action. I learnt a valuable lesson in high school, and that is that most people only justify their thought with words, not with action.
And you think you would do them a favor by enforcing your word with the gun? How pathetic is that? I dare not blame you for the hate that burns in you, but you can be blamed for choosing the wrong means to ventilate it.

Quote:
I do get what you mean, but the loss of freedom is only temporary. Looking back, it would have been easier to firebomb the teachers' office and spend a few years in a juvenile penitentiary, rather than spending the next decade trying to break out of that cycle of fear that causes nervous breakdowns.
So, you have fantasies of what you would want to do. But you would not do anything that costs more effort than using a gun or fire bombs. Something that does not let you or the targets socialize in any sort of way with you.
(I mean some of the guys I was beating up, became friends... try this when you fire bombed or shot them)

Quote:
Apparently the bullies and the teachers value their own life above others and quote it as self-preservation, but yet espouse in the open that life is sacrosanct. I don't mind hypocrites, but this kind of hypocrisy only spawn the kind of trash that make our society more messed up that it already is.
As do you. You are not one bit different to them. You value your own life above their lifes. You are a perfectly functioning part in this messed up system (a potential mess creator). Because you suck it up... suck it up... and suck it up again (thats easier - in the sense of self-preservation). You are just not the person who lets the anger out on others (like those bullies). But you potentially will, given the means are easy enough (like pulling the trigger of a gun). I was hypothetically speaking of'course

Quote:
Both the Columbine and the Virginia massacres brought attention to the problem of social vilification and marginalisation, but they are often diverted to indirectly related issue like gun ownership and such rather than the root. How many more innocent lives must be taken (most of the victims) and lost (the shooters) before the issue is corrected?
Nothing and everything. It cannot be corrected if there are people who are bullied (and do nothing about it... besides sucking it up and demanding help from other people who react almost in the same way) and people who bully (when both sides exist... then there is a problem).
One solution to this could be stricter rules for non-compliant citizens (I assume that is what the bullied person would prefer - it is not that I could not relate to that sort of thinking, being bullied myself for some time when I was 12-14 years old). However, I don't know in what kind of state you want to live - a micro managed police state that intervenes on all the non-compliant people? That regulates every little dispute, because the citizens are no longer able to handle these things themselves... (well lets cut it here)
Or one could put a little bit more effort into socializing (and that might sound strange, tussling/brawling can be a part of this - in contrast killing someone is not considered socializing). So, in my oppinion there is only one answer to this - civil courage. Though, a school shooting is certainly not the best way to remind people of their civil courage. In the contrary it makes them more protective and self-preserving.
Old 2010-03-07, 16:29   Link #2952
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Not exactly though. It would be better if they died. Killing people DOES solve problems, it is those who don't like those being killed who create additional ones, however which the latter can be easily ignored.

And at that age if I put a few rounds through their heads, I will just go to the juvenile court, then sent to a boys' home or mental institute. At least the rest of my life won't be marred by that experience.
Don't speak so easily of taking another human life like that.
If murder really did solve a lot of issues, then we wouldn't be seeing nor would human history have experienced countless times of endless cycles of revenge, hate, pain, misery and sadness at a loss of a life.

I was bullied but didn't think once of wiping their lives of the planet, rather i thought them pathetic.
'Who the hell are they to control how i feel, what I want in life, when high school is over, to hell with them'.
(That and sadly as a girl, beating the crap outta them wasn't allowed nor would i be able to stay in school for that amount of violence)
Females are evil and work indirectly.

However what does work is showing them fear.
Be it sticking a gun down their throat in America and pulling an empty chamber until they wet themselves or letting them know that to bully will have serious consequences (which is the reason they do cause they can get away with it), is usually enough to make them stop.
Making them feel worthless helps, but can be done without taking their lives.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 16:42   Link #2953
Woopzilla
Desensitized

I think this discussion is getting a little serious for the silly news thread. :<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
BBC News
Sumo wrestler steals cash machine from Moscow shop

A man believed to be a sumo wrestler ripped out a cash machine weighing 90kg (200lb) and made off with it on his shoulders, police in Moscow report.

The suspect and an accomplice were arrested after being stopped in a BMW with tinted windows which they were driving without number-plates . The machine containing 25,320 roubles ($850, £560) was found in the car. Police say the accomplice tried to take the blame for the robbery, saying he had misled his sumo-wrestler friend . They were alerted to the incident by a saleswoman, who said the suspects had walked into her shop in northern Moscow at 0600 and begun ripping out the electronic payment machine without a word . When she tried to protest, one of the suspects allegedly yelled at her: "Be quiet if you know what's good for you!"

The frightened woman waited until the two men had left before phoning police, who dispatched two officers to Marshal Fedorenko Street where they blocked the BMW . The man who allegedly carried the cash machine said he was a "professional sumo wrestler". "The second rascal says it is his fault entirely and makes out that he misled his sumo-friend, telling him he was taking away his own machine," Moscow police's press service added . Police said both suspects were from a "neighbouring country" but were registered as living in the Moscow area.
Haha, now this is what I want to read. I want to see a picture of the guy... you can probably can take his word for it that he's a sumo wrestler. Tearing out and walking off with a 90kg cash machine on his shoulder? Damn. :O
Old 2010-03-07, 22:55   Link #2954
FateAnomaly

Quote:
There is actually nothing wrong with that. It is how you accept people for who they are.....everyone has their own eccentricities.
I agree that there is nothing wrong with that since it is just a different sexual preference after all just like homosexuals.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 23:00   Link #2955
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
If you were as great in fighting as in finding excuses, you may not have had this problem in the first place (maybe). It just does not make sense, that you say you could kill several people and go almost unpunished but be imprissoned for harassment. Thats just illogical by any judicial standards.
If fighting 7-8 people bearing down on you with rackets and bats was that easy.
Quote:
And you think you would do them a favor by enforcing your word with the gun? How pathetic is that? I dare not blame you for the hate that burns in you, but you can be blamed for choosing the wrong means to ventilate it.
If you take a look from another perspective, it isn't wrong. I will come to that later.

Quote:
So, you have fantasies of what you would want to do. But you would not do anything that costs more effort than using a gun or fire bombs. Something that does not let you or the targets socialize in any sort of way with you.
(I mean some of the guys I was beating up, became friends... try this when you fire bombed or shot them)
The most worthwhile effort is still to kill them. All that time wasted fighting back and forth can be easily solved with a single trigger pull per person.

Quote:
As do you. You are not one bit different to them. You value your own life above their lifes. You are a perfectly functioning part in this messed up system (a potential mess creator). Because you suck it up... suck it up... and suck it up again (thats easier - in the sense of self-preservation). You are just not the person who lets the anger out on others (like those bullies). But you potentially will, given the means are easy enough (like pulling the trigger of a gun). I was hypothetically speaking of'course
Actually, I believe that life has zero value, because all of us do things for our own personal emotional gratification at that moment. Whichever of us die tomorrow doesn't matter, but it is either you or me. If both of us found each other irritating, the other's death will certainly make life easier to live.

I didn't suck it up btw. I fought until I got seriously injured.

Quote:
Nothing and everything. It cannot be corrected if there are people who are bullied (and do nothing about it... besides sucking it up and demanding help from other people who react almost in the same way) and people who bully (when both sides exist... then there is a problem).
One solution to this could be stricter rules for non-compliant citizens (I assume that is what the bullied person would prefer - it is not that I could not relate to that sort of thinking, being bullied myself for some time when I was 12-14 years old). However, I don't know in what kind of state you want to live - a micro managed police state that intervenes on all the non-compliant people? That regulates every little dispute, because the citizens are no longer able to handle these things themselves... (well lets cut it here)
Or one could put a little bit more effort into socializing (and that might sound strange, tussling/brawling can be a part of this - in contrast killing someone is not considered socializing). So, in my oppinion there is only one answer to this - civil courage. Though, a school shooting is certainly not the best way to remind people of their civil courage. In the contrary it makes them more protective and self-preserving.
Mine is a "if nothing is said, nothing happened." And parents have the right to bar children before 18 to make police reports, unless it is a family abuse case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Don't speak so easily of taking another human life like that.
If murder really did solve a lot of issues, then we wouldn't be seeing nor would human history have experienced countless times of endless cycles of revenge, hate, pain, misery and sadness at a loss of a life.

I was bullied but didn't think once of wiping their lives of the planet, rather i thought them pathetic.
'Who the hell are they to control how i feel, what I want in life, when high school is over, to hell with them'.
(That and sadly as a girl, beating the crap outta them wasn't allowed nor would i be able to stay in school for that amount of violence)
Females are evil and work indirectly.

However what does work is showing them fear.
Be it sticking a gun down their throat in America and pulling an empty chamber until they wet themselves or letting them know that to bully will have serious consequences (which is the reason they do cause they can get away with it), is usually enough to make them stop.
Making them feel worthless helps, but can be done without taking their lives.
One thing about humans is their incredible adaptability. Do that, and they will come back on you with a loaded weapon.

The main problem with me is the inability to understand anyone from the emotional perspective, like asking questions during class (which my classmates hate because it extends the lessons and makes the teachers more alert to those who aren't listening). I actually LIKED going to school until the bullying started. Then I start to hate it because I asked the teachers for help, and they just stood there and then sent me for counselling. And when I skip school to avoid the lesson break and after school abuses, I was labelled as a problem child.

The counsellor sent me to the asylum after I pointed a pen at his throat, and said, "This is the sharp object you are looking for, right?" when he was checking my bag for sharp objects, after which I was constantly sedated. But it didn't work obviously when my reply to "How are you feeling?" was "Like killing you.".

The reason why we don't want to kill people is because we are drilled unconsciously by our society or religion that killing people is wrong. If killing people is wrong, is making them suffer right? I remember asking all my counsellors the same question when they quote religion, "Why do the Saracens and the Crusaders kill each other, when the sixth commandment is 'Thou shalt not murder?'" and similar questions that challenge their beliefs. They would usually come up with broken replies while their eyes are unfocused, or they would attempt to change the subject like "You are a very clever person....." or reverse the question on me "What is your answer?", which can be easily thrown back with "Don't digress. Answer my question." and "I asked you a question first, and I would appreciate it if you answer it." respectively. It wasn't fair to them that I am using basic MACV-SOG interrogation techniques (from a book I read a year ago) against them, but it somehow worked against those psychologists who don't know how to use NLP effectively.

I eventually got out of that place by acting the way they want and giving them replies they want to hear. I should have just solved the taxpayers problem with the loose bedframe and killed the rest of the patients one by one.

Old 2010-03-08, 06:11   Link #2956
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Quote:
One thing about humans is their incredible adaptability. Do that, and they will come back on you with a loaded weapon.
Depending on the environment one is in, but a good majority can settle scores without lives being taken on eitherside.

I'm guessing you went to an American school, which seems to be a society more focused on the whole 'let's talk about it and get some councelling' added with 'here's a magic pill to help' song and dance and filters into the educational system as well, so experiecing the run around that you did, does suck, sorry for unpleasant memories, however, it doesn't justify murder.
Quote:
The reason why we don't want to kill people is because we are drilled unconsciously by our society or religion that killing people is wrong. If killing people is wrong, is making them suffer right?
It's not right to go and inflict suffering on another just for the hell of it, no, but it is justifyable to return it in order to defend yourself, or to teach a lesson, discipline (in sport or religious practices or rasing kids) and so on.
Suffering isn't a black and white issue such as murder. Once they're gone, they're gone, dead is dead and to lose the life at the hand of another without your permission nor free will is where it becomes wrong, in this case a life was stolen by another.
Forget religious or any other rules, like i said, it if wasn't that big a deal, the negative consquences of murder wouldn't plague humanity for thousands of years.
The act if it in itself brings pain, misery, anguish, hurt, despair (in most cases), there's nothing fun, happy or great about it, short of being a psychopath who actually enjoys it.

Eitherway, since you think it fine to kill (not on about manslaughter such as taking a life while in midst of defending your own), but premeditated murder to resolve a problem that has alternatives, then I'll be keeping tabs on ya on the news then for when they slam your ass to jail.

To add more news to the thread which derailing too much (think I'd have to drop a few notes on your profile wall if you wanna keep hashing it out, although it'd be til weekend for me)

Mother nature's going all out on the shaking things about
Strong earthquake hits eastern Turkey
Quote:
A strong earthquake has struck eastern Turkey, killing at least 57 people, officials have said.

The 6.0-magnitude quake, centred on the village of Basyurt in Elazig province, struck at 0432 (0232 GMT). It has been followed by more than 40 aftershocks.

Officials said the nearby village of Okcular had been destroyed and several others badly damaged.
Edit: Oops, thought this was the actual news thread x.x;;

Earthquake story was meant as a serious post, gomen....

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder

Last edited by Mystique; 2010-03-08 at 08:12.
Old 2010-03-08, 10:14   Link #2957
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Depending on the environment one is in, but a good majority can settle scores without lives being taken on eitherside.

I'm guessing you went to an American school, which seems to be a society more focused on the whole 'let's talk about it and get some councelling' added with 'here's a magic pill to help' song and dance and filters into the educational system as well, so experiecing the run around that you did, does suck, sorry for unpleasant memories, however, it doesn't justify murder.
I went to a government school in the "most developed country" in South East Asia. *sarcastic* I don't see much of the human development being passed down to the youngsters though, not many of them had the hunger to achieve success in life, only in academia.

Quote:
It's not right to go and inflict suffering on another just for the hell of it, no, but it is justifyable to return it in order to defend yourself, or to teach a lesson, discipline (in sport or religious practices or rasing kids) and so on.
Suffering isn't a black and white issue such as murder. Once they're gone, they're gone, dead is dead and to lose the life at the hand of another without your permission nor free will is where it becomes wrong, in this case a life was stolen by another.
Forget religious or any other rules, like i said, it if wasn't that big a deal, the negative consquences of murder wouldn't plague humanity for thousands of years.
The act if it in itself brings pain, misery, anguish, hurt, despair (in most cases), there's nothing fun, happy or great about it, short of being a psychopath who actually enjoys it.
I guess that is what make psychopaths and sadists who they are. A child can be disabled in all kinds of ways and not receive scrutiny, but being emotionally challenged means he/she is target practice for those people who need someone to vent their anger on.

Besides, murder isn't a black and white issue either. Death caused in an act of self-defence isn't murder when the amount of force leading to the death is justified like rape. Pre-emptive strike is, but either way there is nothing much the legal system can do for the dead except to pick up the pieces then file the case away in some archive.

Quote:
Eitherway, since you think it fine to kill (not on about manslaughter such as taking a life while in midst of defending your own), but premeditated murder to resolve a problem that has alternatives, then I'll be keeping tabs on ya on the news then for when they slam your ass to jail.
I would like to see the legal system try and prevent an reenactment of Akiba 08. The objective of premediated murder is to kill someone before the legalities catch up with you, avoiding getting caught is just a bonus prize. The gratification comes from the death of others, not running away.

I have seen people who premediate crimes yet laugh their way in the court. They won because they did what they planned and bore the consequences. And they lived solely for that revenge and don't fear death because life in agony means nothing to them. Evidently these horrors have jaded them long enough to sour the rest of their life experiences.

Premediated crime is like trading in a volatile stock market : risk control is directed at enacting the crime to achieve a desired outcome, not the consequence.

Old 2010-03-08, 15:53   Link #2958
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
If fighting 7-8 people bearing down on you with rackets and bats was that easy.
I'ld prefer a one by one strategy (but you already know that).

Quote:
The most worthwhile effort is still to kill them. All that time wasted fighting back and forth can be easily solved with a single trigger pull per person.
Sorry, but I cannot relate to your thinking. For you this scenario is a possible solution, to me it is a cheap/bitter way of giving up (not only their lifes but also yours...).

Quote:
Actually, I believe that life has zero value, because all of us do things for our own personal emotional gratification at that moment. Whichever of us die tomorrow doesn't matter, but it is either you or me. If both of us found each other irritating, the other's death will certainly make life easier to live.
Well, I value life as a matter of principle... therefore I cannot agree.

Quote:
I didn't suck it up btw. I fought until I got seriously injured.
How serious exactly, I am just wondering, because that should trigger some action from your parents or official sides.

Quote:
Mine is a "if nothing is said, nothing happened." And parents have the right to bar children before 18 to make police reports, unless it is a family abuse case.
Wouldn't that make it easier for you to "play" rough with them?

Quote:

The main problem with me is the inability to understand anyone from the emotional perspective, like asking questions during class (which my classmates hate because it extends the lessons and makes the teachers more alert to those who aren't listening). I actually LIKED going to school until the bullying started. Then I start to hate it because I asked the teachers for help, and they just stood there and then sent me for counselling. And when I skip school to avoid the lesson break and after school abuses, I was labelled as a problem child.
Sounds like a - doesn't comply - problem in combination with a very strong sense of justice (almost stubborn) and lack of socializing skills. Did you ever consider to lower your profile?

Quote:
The counsellor sent me to the asylum after I pointed a pen at his throat, and said, "This is the sharp object you are looking for, right?" when he was checking my bag for sharp objects, after which I was constantly sedated. But it didn't work obviously when my reply to "How are you feeling?" was "Like killing you.".
I think you have to beat yourself first. Someday you should try to comply even though it is completely against your inner way of thinking. This will allow your ego to not take everything personally. It is also a good way to train oneself to show the right emotions at the right time. The counselor may or may not have had a real intend to help you, but you did not give him/her a chance.
Once you have concluded that everyone is against you, you are alone. Not a good strategy to deal with things.

Quote:
The reason why we don't want to kill people is because...
we are not isolated entities.

Quote:
I went to a government school in the "most developed country" in South East Asia. *sarcastic* I don't see much of the human development being passed down to the youngsters though, not many of them had the hunger to achieve success in life, only in academia.

I guess that is what make psychopaths and sadists who they are. A child can be disabled in all kinds of ways and not receive scrutiny, but being emotionally challenged means he/she is target practice for those people who need someone to vent their anger on.
So have you chosen the isolation (way of the psychopath) to defend that state of being emotionally challanged (giving up), or do you plan to do something about it?

Quote:
Besides, murder isn't a black and white issue either. Death caused in an act of self-defence isn't murder when the amount of force leading to the death is justified like rape. Pre-emptive strike is, but either way there is nothing much the legal system can do for the dead except to pick up the pieces then file the case away in some archive.

I would like to see the legal system try and prevent an reenactment of Akiba 08. The objective of premediated murder is to kill someone before the legalities catch up with you, avoiding getting caught is just a bonus prize. The gratification comes from the death of others, not running away.

I have seen people who premediate crimes yet laugh their way in the court. They won because they did what they planned and bore the consequences. And they lived solely for that revenge and don't fear death because life in agony means nothing to them. Evidently these horrors have jaded them long enough to sour the rest of their life experiences.

Premediated crime is like trading in a volatile stock market : risk control is directed at enacting the crime to achieve a desired outcome, not the consequence.
A truely strong sense of justice... you should not let it poison your mind.
Old 2010-03-08, 16:09   Link #2959
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Quote:

It doesn't make it riught Saintess and rather you're evading the point of what I'm trying to drive home to you. I know about 'others' and those who've given up in life to the point to take as many people (not even related) down with them before taking their own lives or happily being arrested, means they don't care about their worth.
It's a sad situation in all honestly. Why let others ruin the rest of your life, especially for a mere 2-3 years of your life, compared to the rest of your living period? High school ends, focus on your own goals and make the best for yourself, surrounding yourself with positive and supportive people along the way. Many humans face horrors that neither me or you can imagine, but pull out of it, bettering themselves and helping others along the way.
They work to change a system or situation that drives people to feeling that desperate in the first place.
Maybe you think of the same thing...

In your case (my bad on mis-location of where you grew up), you still seem to feel/see the way of dealing with things is to take a life, which is a sad situation (more than anything) that you felt that far pushed when you were being bullied and non violent means of trying to solve the issue failed on you.

I already mentioned manslaughter in my post, this crosses out your 'murder is not black and white', yes it is, hence it's called that, usually' 1st degree' by legal terms.
And you gotta be kidding when you say 'rape is justifyable'.
(Now, there's a can of worms I won't open, for fear of losing my temper or emotionally ripping into you).

That, and if I continue to reply after this, I sense the dance of circles has began with you, so I'll drop it.

Since it is the funny thread, sticking a piece of news that should be amusing...

Canada drops national anthem change plan
Quote:
Canada has dropped a proposal to change the country's national anthem by making it more gender-inclusive.
The government had said it was open to changing a lyric in O Canada - "in all thy sons command" - to the original version, "thou dost in us command".

Opposition Liberals said the proposed change was merely a gimmick that proved the ruling Conservatives were not serious about women's rights.
Personally, that's taking "women's rights" a little too far...

Old 2010-03-08, 17:10   Link #2960
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
I think this discussion is getting a little serious for the silly news thread. :<
Indeed.

Given the circular nature of the discussion perhaps it's best to just drop it for now.

Tags
humor