Spoiler for Reply to statement:
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 08:34   Link #283
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan poor View Post
Spoiler for Reply to statement:
I wouldn't really say that counts, but whatever.
Old 2009-10-14, 11:33   Link #284
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I've enjoyed a lot of romance and shojo anime and manga, from Hana Yori Dango to Itazura na Kiss to KOR to Kare Kano to CCS to Peach Girl to Please Save My Earth, and even those of shonen flare like Strawberry 100% to Strawberry Eggs to Ai Yori Aoshi to I''s to Video Girl Ai to Kannagi to AMG and who knows how many others. They were all great. But this is the only one that resonates deep in my heart. Maybe it's because I'm taking cues from snippets from my own life experiences and other people I've known, and not that I've known anyone like Sawako, but somehow I very well connect with the destitution that Sawako feels as well as Kazehaya's best intentions being misunderstood for something else that's also good but not as strong. Now I really want to start dating again.

Last edited by khryoleoz; 2009-10-15 at 13:46. Reason: Ugh...who was that foreign dude who wrote all that stuff without proof-reading?
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 12:15   Link #285
FuzzyWuzzy

Episode 2 is out and subbed. You can torrent it by using animesuki's search or download it of megaupload by going to the subbers.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 12:53   Link #286
HandofFate

I really like cheering for Sawako. Fight hard. Series reminds me alot of Kare Kano.

Also, lol @ her getting the window seat, in the 2nd to last row.
Old 2009-10-14, 13:04   Link #287
FuzzyWuzzy

They don't call each other by their first names for some reason.
Quote:
Wonderful! May God bless you always and that you'll have a very productive married life and last but not least, may your lucky wife never find the hidden stash of figurines and dakimakuras!
Even though I'm a big fan of anime, I don't know what those are. But fyi my fiancee doesn't like anime, doesn't like cartoons, doesn't like manga and comics.
But she is a big nerd and a big addict on fictional books, and romance books. She can watch lotr, harry potter and Mighty ducks series over and over.
So she is the weird one, and not me. She is lucky I'm marrying her.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 13:18   Link #288
HandofFate

Spoiler for episode2:
Old 2009-10-14, 14:53   Link #289
aulzon

Really starting to like this. Kazehaya and Kuronuma are both growing on me.

The ED is also really nice the second time around.
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 15:22   Link #290
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
They don't call each other by their first names for some reason.

Even though I'm a big fan of anime, I don't know what those are. But fyi my fiancee doesn't like anime, doesn't like cartoons, doesn't like manga and comics.
But she is a big nerd and a big addict on fictional books, and romance books. She can watch lotr, harry potter and Mighty ducks series over and over.
So she is the weird one, and not me. She is lucky I'm marrying her.
This is the best freakin post of the day. She should be honored to marry you fuzzywuzzy
Old 2009-10-14, 16:06   Link #291
Solafighter
Hige

Nice second episode.

Looking forward to the third one.
Old 2009-10-14, 16:23   Link #292
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
This is the best show of the season, hands down. 10/10 for this episode.
I certainly beg to differ, but it is indeed one of the better shows at the moment .

This anime is very interesting. If I take everything at face value, it appears to be just another romance anime with perhaps better animation than others... If I look into the meaning of the character's feelings, and try to empathize with them, it becomes a lot better than other romance shows.

For example, even though a lot of the scenes in this episode were really sappy as , if I truly listened to what Sawako was saying, I could really connect with her. I often times feel this wall between me and other people, and I often feel awkward socially.

So even though Sawako's newly made friends only did some very minute, but very nice things for her (ex: The towel), she can't but help feel emotional for even the slightest bit of friendliness expressed to her since she is not used to much friendship in her life as no one approached her till now.

Now of course she is a pretty exaggerated case of a person who goes through the difficulty of breaking down the barriers socially of those around her. But, even if you are not necessarily a person who scares everyone around you to the point where they don't talk to you, you probably can empathize with just how hard it is to talk and make friends with people in a crowd of people you don't know. Moreover, this acts as one of the main driving points for connecting the audience with Sawako as a character. This is because I often feel many people (And from my experience, a lot of heavy anime fans) have this difficulty (Breaking down the wall socially with those around you), so I just absolutely know this anime is going to hit home with most of everyone who watches it.

That is why, I feel we will get many more responses similar to the one below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
I've enjoyed a lot of romance and shojo anime and manga, from Hana Yori Dango to Itazura na Kiss to KOR to Kare Kano to CCS to Peach Girl to Please Save My Earth, and even those of shonen flare like Strawberry 100% to Strawberry Eggs to Ai Yori Aoshi to I''s to Video Girl Ai to Kannagi to AMG and who knows how many others. They were all great. But this one is the only one resonates deep in my heart. Maybe it's because I'm taking cues from snippets from my own life experiences and other people I've known, and not that I've anyone like Sawako, but somehow I very well connect with the destitution that Sawako feels as well as Kazehaya's best intentions misunderstood for something else that's also good but not as strong. Now I really want to start dating again.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 17:29   Link #293
RisArk

It feels weird watching this during the winter. It's more of a summer-type feel kind of show, relaxing and stuff.

Something I'd marathon during the middle of July, I dunno.

Thank god they didn't add random comedy like with other shows.
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 17:31   Link #294
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

I also have to disagree with Shiroth, this isn't the best show of the season.
It's the best slice-of-life show for many seasons. Hell, this could me a "cult" anime for me
I agree with Reckoner on why this show is so good. I have just seen episode 2 and I cann't wait for the next one. You just cann't help yourself to admire and love Sawako. And feel sympathy for her struggles. Because we (most of us) all have had these experiences.
It also helps that the music and Sawako's voice acteur are very good and the drawings are excellent (Is it just me, or does Sawako look like Lum something).
2006-09-13, 02:28
The Searcher became a Legend!111 - (to)Arimfe

Quote from the Legendary!111 Searcher
"My heart is big enough for all the girls that lost"
Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 17:47   Link #295
apr
Pedestrian

Help, I hate this show.

Is there something wrong with me?
Old 2009-10-14, 17:59   Link #296
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Spoiler for Episode 2:

Yeah, if things keep up this will be one of the better series of the season for me.
Old 2009-10-14, 18:14   Link #297
McMilk
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
Help, I hate this show.

Definitely.

Lol just kidding. Well, I can't really see why anybody would hate this show... but perhaps you're not okay with watching romance that is heavily aimed towards shoujo manga fans? I don't know, just an assumption.
Old 2009-10-14, 19:28   Link #298
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

@Searcher and Reckoner -- I'm not sure yet whether this is the best show of the season or not, but it is certainly a candidate, along with Sasameki Koto, White Album and Darker than Black, for me. What shows do you think are the best? Neither of you said.

I actually feel that this is not a great season, and no show is up to last season's Aoi Hana, Bakemonogatari or Tokyo Magnitude 8, at least through a couple of episodes. Sora no Otoshimono is good, in its crassly ecchi way, as is Railgun, in its crassly shounen yuri moe (?!) way. Kobato and Tegami Bachi are good, but haven't shown me anything really special yet.

I actually prefer both Seitokai no Ichizon and Yumeiro Patissiere to any of those, so far, but I understand that proves there is something wrong with me, lol. What turns you off about this show, apr?

NOTE: Check out the characters/seiyuus page I just made for this show. It gives pics of the main characters and their seiyuus, and some info about each seiyuu. Link in sig below.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 19:39   Link #299
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
Help, I hate this show.

There's probably nothing wrong with you at all. You just don't like it. Go find something else you like and enjoy it.

Everyone has different tastes. It's not a crime to dislike a popular and generally well-liked anime. And it's silly to waste your valuable time watching something that you honestly don't enjoy. (Life being short and all that.)

I like the show, but I can see how some people may not enjoy it. It's an individual thing.

Maybe go watch something with explosions?
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 20:45   Link #300
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

lol

I still love this show, but the entire time I'm watching and 'dawwwwing' one thought kept running through my head:

"Holy shit that classroom is a bunch of fucking assholes"

Haha.

Keep doing your thing Sawako!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
production i.g, romance, shoujo