AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-06-16, 23:19   Link #31581
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Red 1-40

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Red 41:

Spoiler for Comments:
Wow, she's like the Gundam of the series.
Poor random noob: "It's a gundam-" explodes.

I can just picture it now, when little mazokus refuse to sleep, scare them with the phrase "Nanoha will came and get you"

Quote:
Here's a short from me.

Spoiler for VR Misuse:
Let Yunno research for a way Arisa to join, he knows he want to
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 08:52   Link #31582
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
Question. Could someone give me their thoughts what place would Yuuno/Hayate couple visit if they were on a date? Age is around 30.
Yuuno/Hayate, huh? Haven't seen that pairing around here in awhile.
Old 2011-06-17, 09:15   Link #31583
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Well, I'm working on a long prequel, and this setting was convenient for me.

Since I found out that I'm gonna focus completely on dialogues, the places are now irrelevant.
Old 2011-06-17, 09:59   Link #31584
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Greetings from Shanghai! dropping in for some sneaky Nanoha indulgence between my last meetings before going on a very Chinese vacation!

I have to say, thank you for the rather overwhelming response to Father's Knife. I'm really happy that you guys enjoyed so much, it was a great story to write and I was very satisfied with the result (mostly because I managed to tell what I considered a good tale with very few words. A sign of successful writing in my book.). I co-writed most of it already in mars when I was typing on Flying. Signum makes a very nice foil to writing Fate, they're both characters that displays a lot of integrity and fierce competence, and while they're in ways very alike I wrote Signum's story mostly due to her differences to the Testarossa prodigy.

If Someone is Curious about the Write: I rooted both of their characterizations, cheesy enough, in love (much of my writing do, for one or another reason. Vivio is no different). Fate's strength initially came from her desperate need to be loved, and she truly bloomed and became kickass when she finally had what she needed confirmed by Nanoha (since I'm a NanoFate:er).

Signum was very different. I drew her character from a different sort of love, from security and the unyielding sense of family. On the contrary to Fate, I imagined her to never, ever having to have doubted that she was loved and needed. She knew that great things were expected from her, but could strive for those things comfortably and always with support and under the stern scrutiny of a father who, while harsh, was fair and built rather than broke her.

This was my vision of those two when I was typing, and I'm so happy that you guys like what I've done! Father's Knife was, as I mentioned, a break from my regular writing style. Experiment confirmed successful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
One question... this culture she is living in seems rather primitive. Ancient Belka dressed like Knights, but they had supercomputer books and world-killing starships and all that jazz. Is it simply that all the cool stuff is reserved for the upper classes? Or is this a sign they are already in decline?
Actually, I didn't give it much thought O_o. I wasn't holding back on the details of the world to make it less "bogging" for the reader when I wrote it, it just never crossed my mind to make it any more complicated. keep in mind that this story is done closely from Signum's POV, and she's at this point... 6 or 7 years old. ^^;. It would seem strange for her to be overtly sharp about all those large things beyond her peaceful world of planting, training and the wellbeing of her immediate family.

Also, I'm not well-informed enough about the Nanoverse to really speculate about the what and ifs of Belka and their technological standards of that time. I made it more medieval because this happened a long time ago, and Signum's living standards of that time is a reflection more of my ignorance of my subject than a flawlessly plotted plan for my epic mastertale. ^^; The King's Soldier's however, are a social class, they are allowed the good land for giving soldiers and mages to serve in the army. One from each family (or more, in times of war) must go, or they will be stripped of their land and this duty is a thing they take great honor in. it's the duty that forges them and the fundamentals which Signum's character came from. This was the basic idea, I will be keeping to this basic idea because I... just don't think it will be very fun to bury myself in the details. Does this answer your question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Seagull is unbearably cute a name for Signum .

Amazing start, the setting makes me think of a tribal kind of living that takes place in a larger kingdom/empire, which already makes my brain explode with thinking up of all the social and cultural implications that you've slipped in already in this first part . Little things like Seagull's siblings skimping on food to give her more, you do a great job of slipping these world-building details into the story that doesn't overpower the mood of what's happening.
The skipping food bit actually came from a Chinese novel I read as a child, about a sister who gave up her portion of dinner so her brother, who would be taking his university exams the day after would have more to eat. They were from a very poor family, and the scene has stuck with me for all these years because it shows great self-sacrifice and dedication in a very simple action. While I didn't imagine Signum's family to be dirt-poor (rather just the kind of simple folks who got by on what the earth grows, and their land is good, so yeah), I thought her duty deserved no less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
In all honesty.... there is no real storage closet story. It was just sort of this joke Moczo and I made up on AIM. We never actually considered what happened in the storage closet that makes it so difficult to discuss.
Why the closet anyway? I mean, there's always a restroom somewhere and I imagine the TSAB have empty offices here and there, during lunchbreak. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiseppe View Post
I love the idea and imagery behind Hayate's change in appearance - very nice touch. BTW I never really understood HOW Hayate's ribbon things manage to stay in her hair.

Oh, the line about how it's easy to forget that Hayate had a mother once? XD It turned out quite comical in my head (sorry, very VERY little sleep and very VERY sore bones/muscles for past 2 weeks) - sounded like Hayate was some sort of monster that you wouldn't believe was born of a human mother.
I'm glad you liked the hair-thingy! The story is so much focused on Vivio, so I tried to add a few details to make Hayate more.... personified? And since she's one of the few who gets an instant hair-job during her set up, well, hotness + coolness is never wrong by any book . Same goes for her mother, who I believe, was never mentioned in the anime. Hayate was one brave, lonely girl before the Wolkies showed up.

-Shigan, from the Rather Overstressed City of Shanghai, Bay area
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 11:27   Link #31586
NTFTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTFTH View Post
here's the first chapter of my currently titleless Nanoha/Naruto crossover.

Spoiler for Chapter 1 of Nanoha/Naruto crossver:
Here's the second chapter of my crossover, it's rather long compared to the first chapter and mainly focused on the Naruto side of the crossover with Precia having only a minor role in the second half of the chapter as it mostly deals with the events of the first arc of Naruto with some slight changes due to Precia's involvement, I'd have focused less on it but I'm not sure how familiar anyone here is with Naruto.

Next chapter will (hopefully) make up for the large amount of focus on the Naruto side of the crossover as it will mainly focus on Nanoha and friends getting involved.

Spoiler for Chapter 2:
NTFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 11:48   Link #31587
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
Why the closet anyway? I mean, there's always a restroom somewhere and I imagine the TSAB have empty offices here and there, during lunchbreak. ^_^
Because that's just how the joke shaped up, honestly. They were in a closed space and Lutecia bashed her elbow, and with our twisted sense of humor, the bleeding elbow was a bigger deal than the sex.
Old 2011-06-17, 14:04   Link #31588
GonzoTheAnimeFan
Meh....

More Nanoha-related material. Gonna go listen to Ricky Gervais...

GonzoTheAnimeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 18:48   Link #31589
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Because that's just how the joke shaped up, honestly. They were in a closed space and Lutecia bashed her elbow, and with our twisted sense of humor, the bleeding elbow was a bigger deal than the sex.
Looking back.

I believe that it started with you claiming it would be funny (and get you killed) to troll your entire fanbase by, rather than making Lu and Cia's first time be big deal, having them reveal off-handedly that they'd been having sex for years.

So I pointed out it would be even funnier to have them act like it didn't even matter, like 'their first time' was about as momentous as picking up the laundry.

And from there, we cooked up the least romantic sex imaginable to be their 'first time'. XD
Old 2011-06-17, 18:52   Link #31590
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
I surprised it didn't involve a "still in the closet" joke.
Old 2011-06-17, 19:55   Link #31591
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Looking back.

I believe that it started with you claiming it would be funny (and get you killed) to troll your entire fanbase by, rather than making Lu and Cia's first time be big deal, having them reveal off-handedly that they'd been having sex for years.

So I pointed out it would be even funnier to have them act like it didn't even matter, like 'their first time' was about as momentous as picking up the laundry.

And from there, we cooked up the least romantic sex imaginable to be their 'first time'. XD
Yeah, in fact, it did. XD I was discussing with you whether or not I would survive if I had them mention at some point that they'd totally had sex years ago and all of the build-up in the series until this point was for nothing but my own twisted amusement. In the end, I decided against it because I liked living and I couldn't figure out where it would fit in the timeline, anyway.
Old 2011-06-17, 20:23   Link #31592
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Spoiler for Episode eighty something for MD:

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 20:31   Link #31593
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Ah, chaos is within reach,..

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 20:37   Link #31594
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Hm, wonder who else could be dropping in for a visit...
Old 2011-06-17, 22:21   Link #31595
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Red 1-40

Red 41

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Red 42:

Spoiler for Comments:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.

Last edited by Nanya01; 2011-06-17 at 22:36. Reason: Changed the ending
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 23:50   Link #31596
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Red 1-40

Red 41

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Red 42:

Spoiler for Comments:

Everyone, All Together now with me!:

GIGA! DRILL!!! BREAKA!!!!!!!!!
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 05:37   Link #31597
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
There's so much delicious irony in Nanoha and Fate being called doppelgangers. Tazmo... hah.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 08:29   Link #31598
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Hey, Moczo, are you planning to put Intercom up on FF.net? =O
Old 2011-06-18, 10:09   Link #31599
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Hey, Moczo, are you planning to put Intercom up on FF.net? =O
And if this is a democracy, can I vote "yes"?
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 10:22   Link #31600
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
And if this is a democracy, can I vote "yes"?
Can't we just befriend him until he caves?
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha