AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-08-21, 10:29   Link #301

Upon rewatching, I think I'll have to agree with kuroishinigami. If you listen to the scene prior to this when Hachiken was just reaching for Mikage's hand, you'll hear the sound of screeching brakes and a clash. I think that is enough to indicate the crash was definitely from the front.
340.29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 18:01   Link #302
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is a really great show. Initially, I thought Hachiken was too much of a cliché city boy, but lately I've been able to relate to him. It's very easy for me to put myself in his shoes now. He feels pretty much the same way I do toward this foreign farming world.
Old 2013-08-22, 20:18   Link #303
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep7:
Old 2013-08-23, 12:04   Link #304

Spoiler for Episode 7:
340.29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 18:08   Link #305
TrueDevil
Not from this world

Spoiler for EP 7:
TrueDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 18:40   Link #306
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

why is everything in spoiler tags?

anyway, it looks like it is not always that a cow can give birth naturally, human intervention, in the form of 3 angry men plus a hachiken, is needed sometimes to ensure the live delivery of the calf.

At the risk of repeating myself over and over every week, this show is very educational and entertaining at the same time, ahh if only most subjects taught in school were presented this way..

also, where did tamako's brother go?
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 05:57   Link #307
Qilin
Romanticist

I find it nice how Hachiken's world grows just a bit bigger with each episode that passes. This is in contrast to the narrow, achievement-based environment from which he was raised.

He always seems lost, lamenting about not having a dream and all. Even so, losing one's way and finding it again is what youth is all about. Awareness of the world's vastness and diversity is a necessary prerequisite in finding something to live for, as opposed to some of those classmates he's so envious of who can't even afford to explore the world. The power to choose one's own destiny can be such a blessing at such times.
Old 2013-08-29, 17:37   Link #308
Dop
Mmmm....

Spoiler for Episode 8:
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 17:53   Link #309
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Never thought Hachiken had a brother like this. That guy is REALLY easy-going, the complete opposite of the extremely responsible Hachiken. Seems like Hachiken has a bit of an inferiority complex toward him, but the real problem is his father. He sounds like quite an asshole and I bet he was the one who fueled the previously mentioned complex.

Hachiken's summer vaction ended without a hitch... is what I would like to say but there was a little incident. Nothing too bad, thankfully. Aki's family is really nice... plenty of other bosses would have chewed him out like no tomorrow. Would be nice if he could marry into this family, huh? He's already got the mother and grandparents' approval, and the father is getting there.
Old 2013-08-29, 18:56   Link #310
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
At least we're starting to get a picture of what about Hachiken's home-life made him want to get the heck out. His father just seems like an overbearing pain. Probably a good source of Hachiken's stress about his grades and studying into the dirt. Probably doesn't help that his brother is a complete opposite. Extremely carefree, extremely intelligent, and does whatever he wants. No matter how hard Hachiken works he can't compare to a guy who can just coast into a top school. Not a bad guy, but would be incredibly frustrating to know and be related to.

Hachiken sure ran into a big mess there. Am glad that Aki's family is such a good bunch. So easy to just put all the blame on the part-time help especially in that kind of situation. But it was taken as a group mistake by not double checking. Hachiken beat himself up enough as it was.

While Aki's father is probably still going to hunt Hachiken down if he makes a move on Aki, the rest of the family seems more and more up for bringing him in . Lot of good potential there apparently.
Old 2013-08-29, 20:08   Link #311
Reality_Breaker

Great episode, loved his reaction to the milk best one yet.
Old 2013-08-29, 20:21   Link #312
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Would be nice if he could marry into this family, huh? He's already got the mother and grandparents' approval, and the father is getting there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
While Aki's father is probably still going to hunt Hachiken down if he makes a move on Aki, the rest of the family seems more and more up for bringing him in . Lot of good potential there apparently.
But the question is, how does Aki feel about him? Of course he's interested in her (he's a guy, afterall), but has she actually shown any interest in him other than classmate friendship? If she has, I must have been asleep at the keyboard,
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 20:39   Link #313
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
But the question is, how does Aki feel about him? Of course he's interested in her (he's a guy, afterall), but has she actually shown any interest in him other than classmate friendship? If she has, I must have been asleep at the keyboard,
sad to say,
all aki's thought is about horse.
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 21:44   Link #314
Kirarakim

I think it is obvious Aki will fall for him (if she hasn't already) it just won't happen until the end or towards the end of the manga. That's just how this sort of thing works.

Besides romance is just the bonus not the main point of the story.
Old 2013-08-30, 07:12   Link #315
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yes, fresh-picked sweet corn really is that good - if you've only ever had store-bought you have no idea. So good you can eat it raw, though it's delicious simply boiled in salted water - but even better grilled with that soy glaze the way Aki's Dad and Grandpa cooked it. That's how you get it at summer matsuri. Damn, this show makes me hungry.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 08:24   Link #316
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Yes, fresh-picked sweet corn really is that good - if you've only ever had store-bought you have no idea. So good you can eat it raw, though it's delicious simply boiled in salted water - but even better grilled with that soy glaze the way Aki's Dad and Grandpa cooked it. That's how you get it at summer matsuri. Damn, this show makes me hungry.
Have you ever tried reading Jiro Taniguchi's "The solitary gourmet"? It literally is only about a man going out and eating at places. I read it when I still knew relatively little of manga/anime/Japan in general and when I had never eaten Japanese food once in my life, and it made me drool over every. Single. Thing.

The episode was very good. I liked the attitude towards mistakes shown by Aki's family. In fact, if you have that kind of business, these are probably the things you should account for as "random losses". You don't know what it will be, but every now and then, it will just happen. It was also nice to see Hachi being confident enough to tell his brother off, in a sense - it shows that he's now good enough at it to feel annoyed by a n00b wandering around . Though I can also see his brother is not nearly as bad as he think he is - his presence may be oppressive, but he's actually a kind of interesting laid-back person. Being rather stuck up myself, I can't help being fascinated by these characters.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 08:39   Link #317
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Haven't read Kodoku no Gourmet though it's on my list, as I love Taniguchi Jiro.

I think Shingo's introduction - originally flashy and flawless, then slipping on shit and falling on his face - is symbolic of the character. It's exactly what happened with the ramen, too. Yuugo sees him as the envious little brother, but what he doesn't realize is that Shingo is pretty much a fuck-up.
Old 2013-08-30, 08:52   Link #318
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Haven't read Kodoku no Gourmet though it's on my list, as I love Taniguchi Jiro.

I think Shingo's introduction - originally flashy and flawless, then slipping on shit and falling on his face - is symbolic of the character. It's exactly what happened with the ramen, too. Yuugo sees him as the envious little brother, but what he doesn't realize is that Shingo is pretty much a fuck-up.
In another sense though, he's "enlightened" in a way that Yuugo is only just beginning to understand. The courage to pursue things you aren't necessarily good at just because you want to do them, and to acknowledge your mistakes but not dwell on them, is what the series is trying to teach him.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 08:55   Link #319
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:

I think the thing with Shingo is that he's probably a smart and capable guy, but he's about to leave the obvious way - becoming a respected professional - mostly out of desire of breaking with his father's rules. I was about to write "waste his life" there, but then I held my hand, because that's just personal values really. Being a professional, no matter how much money you earn, may be a waste of your life as well if you hate your job. Especially in a country like Japan, with its almost crazy obsession with work and dedication.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 09:02   Link #320
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
In another sense though, he's "enlightened" in a way that Yuugo is only just beginning to understand. The courage to pursue things you aren't necessarily good at just because you want to do them, and to acknowledge your mistakes but not dwell on them, is what the series is trying to teach him.
Yes, I don't disagree he's found a certain enlightenment when it comes to going his own way - but he's around 20, and Yuugo 15 - which may as well be 500 years rather than 5 years difference. The point is that Yuugo has built his brother up into something he neither is or ever wanted to be, and sooner or later Yuugo is going to figure that out.

Tags
agriculture, comedy