AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-12-07, 10:02   Link #3341
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post
So Edelweiss' sword techniques are that big of an addition to Ikki's arsenal?
I haven't read the 4th volume, waiting for the full translation but are those just really good techniques or is it something related her ability as a blazer?
you can say edelweisse swordmanship is so perfect that she produce the same effect of ittoshura without using ittoshura

also when the rank 3 freeze in fear becouse she has no chance of win you underand that even if is just 2 ranks, the gap is wide (and rank 3 can fucking stop time!)
Old 2015-12-07, 10:25   Link #3342
KnightShade

Spoiler for v4:
Old 2015-12-07, 10:34   Link #3343
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
Spoiler for v4:
yep that was so badass
Old 2015-12-07, 10:54   Link #3344
GotEffed2RageQuit
N.Kurogane x N.Vermillion

Ooh... fanservice d^_^b

Spoiler for Edel:
Old 2015-12-07, 11:23   Link #3345
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
you can say edelweisse swordmanship is so perfect that she produce the same effect of ittoshura without using ittoshura

also when the rank 3 freeze in fear becouse she has no chance of win you underand that even if is just 2 ranks, the gap is wide (and rank 3 can fucking stop time!)
I would consider it successful if edelweisse's swordsmanship allows Ikki to cut through high-ranked Blazer's barriers without expending all of his mana at once.
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-07, 11:31   Link #3346
GotEffed2RageQuit

NOBLE ART CHANGE!!! MANA BLADE!!! Coats Intetsu with mana that can slice through mana armor like cheese and can last for a half-hour!!!
Old 2015-12-07, 11:32   Link #3347
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotEffed2RageQuit View Post
NOBLE ART CHANGE!!! MANA BLADE!!! Coats Intetsu with mana that can slice through mana armor like cheese and can last for a half-hour!!!
but ikki has no mana for it duh...
Old 2015-12-07, 11:51   Link #3348
GotEffed2RageQuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
but ikki has no mana for it duh...
Not "no mana". Just less than average, but still there.

P.S. Mana Blade consumes all of his mana, but doesn't have bodily side effects. LOLOLOL.
Old 2015-12-07, 12:04   Link #3349
Hakai

Quote:
Not "no mana". Just less than average, but still there.

P.S. Mana Blade consumes all of his mana, but doesn't have bodily side effects. LOLOLOL.
10 times less than average...

A longer more stable version of Ittoshura would be nice were all his mana coats around his body resulting in a mana 'armor' and does not go away for a while.
Old 2015-12-07, 12:12   Link #3350
GotEffed2RageQuit

Quote:

A longer more stable version of Ittoshura would be nice were all his mana coats around his body resulting in a mana 'armor' and does not go away for a while.
He can just block and dodge attacks easily, I guess. What he really needs is to damage high mana opponents. So Mana Blade on them I guess.
Old 2015-12-07, 12:18   Link #3351
KnightShade

Quote:

so you're saying have him pull of an ayato/takeru?

either way ikki's going to need some type of power up. you can still keep the hard work theme by having him unlock more talents through effort.

what i dont get is why ikki strictly relies on improving his sword skill and not his magical ability. we have no reason to believe one's blazer power is a fixed value, just look at stella.
Old 2015-12-07, 12:24   Link #3352
GotEffed2RageQuit

Or maybe just the form. LOL fiction, anything can happen.
Old 2015-12-07, 12:32   Link #3353
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:

Itto Shura requires the combination of going over his physical limits to its maximum and expending all of his mana at once. Going over his physical limits is already amounts to suicide (as explained it Volume 1), so staying over his body limits for more time than necessary isn't doing the body any good.

Quote:
He can just block and dodge attacks easily, I guess. What he really needs is to damage high mana opponents. So Mana Blade on them I guess.
He may be able to block and dodge attacks, but the only opponents he'll be able to do it easily is people who aren't high ranked. Also, you have to put into account what type of ability the high rank Blazers have; some which isn't easy to deal with (Volume 4 is proving that). Also stated by a previous post, his mana is too low to even attempt what you've stated (which is saying something, since Stella (in Volume 1) stated that if Ikki even had an average amount of mana, he would've won their fight before she used her abilities).
Old 2015-12-07, 12:49   Link #3354
KnightShade

^which once again begs the question, why is his mana still fixed? the concept of magic being fixed when the guy can overcome his biology seems like a contradiction.
Old 2015-12-07, 12:59   Link #3355
GotEffed2RageQuit

If Ittou Shura is one minute on whole body, "Mana Blade" is about 3-5 minutes. Plus Edel style. Plus weakness exploit.
Old 2015-12-07, 13:00   Link #3356
endarion88

Quote:
^which once again begs the question, why is his mana still fixed? the concept of magic being fixed when the guy can overcome his biology seems like a contradiction.
it was said that overall mana capacity is something you are born with and can not be augmented by training
Old 2015-12-07, 13:02   Link #3357
GotEffed2RageQuit

If capacity is the problem, then solve it with usage/consumption.
Old 2015-12-07, 13:05   Link #3358
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:

That's actually something I've been wondering now that you've mentioned it. I have to go back to count how many times he has been going over his limit at this point, both onscreen (which includes his body's limits going to the extreme during the events of Volume 3) and offscreen. It seems that (unless I missed or skipped that part) that only the 'mana' aspect is only looked into, that the 'physical' aspect is often overlooked (sure, some high ranked Blazers has both physical and mana aspects in their styles), not looking how it can affect their 'mana' aspect. The only thing I can of (stupid idea, really) is that something needs to happen for him going over his limits to actually affect his mana abilities.
Old 2015-12-07, 13:07   Link #3359
GotEffed2RageQuit

First and foremost, what is Blazer mana made of? Where did it come from?

P.S. What happened to the post?
Old 2015-12-07, 13:25   Link #3360
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
That's actually something I've been wondering now that you've mentioned it. I have to go back to count how many times he has been going over his limit at this point, both onscreen (which includes his body's limits going to the extreme during the events of Volume 3) and offscreen. It seems that (unless I missed or skipped that part) that only the 'mana' aspect is only looked into, that the 'physical' aspect is often overlooked (sure, some high ranked Blazers has both physical and mana aspects in their styles), not looking how it can affect their 'mana' aspect. The only thing I can of (stupid idea, really) is that something needs to happen for him going over his limits to actually affect his mana abilities.
theory time

Spoiler for potential spoiler:

Tags
action, comedy, couple, drama, ecchi, harem?, not-harem, romance, school, supernatural