AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-16, 03:01   Link #321
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
my guess is that she is crying cause lelouch x CC is written in stone and she never stood a chance. but that s just a wild guess >.>
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 03:41   Link #322
Narutaro

maybe her mother's dead or something
Narutaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 05:45   Link #323
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
what i'm surprised at is that she hasn't run out of radiation cartridges in her fights. she uses them enough...

and in the lancelot vs gurren debate, lancelot has the edge in all categories except mobility, in which they're equal. the radiation arm has a delay between activation and execution, lancelot has two swords... you do the math. except since its an anime, it'll never play out properly..
we've never been told how many cartridges it has.

as for the delay it seems relativley short since in episode 11 she was able to block the varis shot after destroying the sword.

@narutaro her mother has been mentioned more in fanfiction than in the show. she dosen't enjoy killing people.(apologizing to orange-kun and regret after narita.)
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 06:26   Link #324
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
my guess is that she is crying cause lelouch x CC is written in stone and she never stood a chance. but that s just a wild guess >.>
Actually that would be LelouchXShirley at this point but it is still the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutaro View Post
maybe her mother's dead or something
No, her mother is currently in jail and probably still messed up from the refrain.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 08:39   Link #325
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
what i'm surprised at is that she hasn't run out of radiation cartridges in her fights. she uses them enough...
We don't know how many cartridges that that thing has tbh.

Quote:
and in the lancelot vs gurren debate, lancelot has the edge in all categories except mobility, in which they're equal. the radiation arm has a delay between activation and execution, lancelot has two swords... you do the math. except since its an anime, it'll never play out properly..
Lancelot only has the edge in because it got the flight Upgrade earlier, and it has a ranged weapon that falls short of only the Hadron cannon so far. (That is still trumped by the Gurren's claw as far as power)

The Radiation Arm is also stronger then any of the Lancelot's CC weapons, and the delay is quite short (as pointed out by another poster) watch episode 11, she blocks a shot immediatly after using it.

On the subject of blocking, the Radiation "shield" seems to be quite large, so simply blocking one handed (and getting the sword destroyed if she grabs it) and then attacking with the other probably wouldn't work anyway.

Not to mention Kallen's parrying blade would still negate the other sword, so it's doesn't work out that easily.

Last edited by Fenrir_valindri; 2008-04-16 at 08:53.
Fenrir_valindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 10:54   Link #326
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

The last summary to do and perhaps my favorite character, though I love C.C.'s character as well.

Name: Kallen Stadfeld/Kouzuki

The first time we see Kallen is when she is in the middle of a terrorist operation to secure what they believe to be poison gas, which unknown to Kallen later turns out to be an experimented on C.C.

Kallen is a very strong willed character despite her fake personality of a person that is very ill at school. Her brother who was the previous leader of the resistance was killed and as such Kallen carries on his fight against Britannia. Similar to Lelouch, Kallen's mother has a profound impact on her motivation as well. Kallen's Britannian, Stadfeld father is very wealthy while often away on trips and Kallen's Japanese mother was his lover who has now become the maid at the mansion where Kallen lived. For awhile Kallen criticized her mother believing that she clung to her former lover, until she realized that her mother just wanted to be close to her daughter. Her mother then used Refrain and fell ill, while Kallen makes a pledge to change the world for her. She also dislikes anyone who would look down on the world, while separating themselves from it.

As such she develops a strong love for Zero, she believes fights for those who are looked down upon and that the world will really change if he leads it, despite not knowing his face. As such is willing to become chaos incarnate right alongside Zero, her loyalty swayed at the end of last season though when she discovers Lelouch is Zero, as Suzaku told her that Lelouch had used her and she ran away.

Despite that she has once again chosen to fight alongside Zero, while trying to refute him as Lelouch. Something that I think will pass with time, especially if Lelouch does gestures like covering her with his jacket. The only thing left is to watch how this season unfolds.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 14:02   Link #327
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Lancelot only has the edge in because it got the flight Upgrade earlier, and it has a ranged weapon that falls short of only the Hadron cannon so far. (That is still trumped by the Gurren's claw as far as power)

The Radiation Arm is also stronger then any of the Lancelot's CC weapons, and the delay is quite short (as pointed out by another poster) watch episode 11, she blocks a shot immediatly after using it.

On the subject of blocking, the Radiation "shield" seems to be quite large, so simply blocking one handed (and getting the sword destroyed if she grabs it) and then attacking with the other probably wouldn't work anyway.

Not to mention Kallen's parrying blade would still negate the other sword, so it's doesn't work out that easily.
Lancelot has the edge because it doens't have to attack from one side only. The delay of of the arm is portrayed really inconsistent so you can't really use it as an argument because we against it will always see it differently than the one for it.

And Kallen using the knife agains the sword would negate it? wtf. Not to mention the fact that Kallen would think of using the knife at all.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 14:26   Link #328
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Lancelot has the edge because it doens't have to attack from one side only. The delay of of the arm is portrayed really inconsistent so you can't really use it as an argument because we against it will always see it differently than the one for it.

And Kallen using the knife agains the sword would negate it? wtf. Not to mention the fact that Kallen would think of using the knife at all.
whatever the knife is made out of would match the material that composes Toudou's break blade, which means hypothetically it could exchange blows with the MVS without being ripped to pieces.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 14:48   Link #329
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Can't really argue that.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 14:58   Link #330
Aquaman OS

Not to mention the knife/sword thing her upgrade has in the DS game. Since Gurren's getting an apparant upgrade according the OP maybe they'll give her that.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 15:02   Link #331
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

What knife/sword upgrade from the DS game? How did that work?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-16, 15:05   Link #332
Aquaman OS

The DS game gives the Guren an upgrade with a different radiation wave claw (that fires out like a slash harken and can release the wave into the ground) and a knife/sword thing that extends from a knife to a full size sword. It actually looks like the Guren does in the OP which suggests thats what they are basing it on.
Old 2008-04-16, 15:14   Link #333
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
The DS game gives the Guren an upgrade with a different radiation wave claw (that fires out like a slash harken and can release the wave into the ground) and a knife/sword thing that extends from a knife to a full size sword. It actually looks like the Guren does in the OP which suggests thats what they are basing it on.
Wow, that actually sounds pretty cool and I hope they implement that for her. It would certainly help her. How close is the design to the Guren in the opening though? I know it doesn't have the wings, but what about the horns?

Old 2008-04-16, 15:28   Link #334
Aquaman OS

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...MarkTwoKai.png

Here's a pic of it. The coloring is a little off but they do look similar.
Old 2008-04-16, 15:37   Link #335
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

It does look similar in some respects. Is that from the Code Geass DS game though? I didn't think they had 3D images like that.

Old 2008-04-16, 15:40   Link #336
Aquaman OS

That's just the status screen pic. It's not quite as 3d in the actual game.
Old 2008-04-16, 15:59   Link #337
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Oh, alright then. That was confusing me a bit. I really hope they release that game here.

Old 2008-04-16, 18:27   Link #338
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
That sounds interesting, hope to see that in action very soon. Guess we have to wait for Laksharta to hook back up with them first.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 18:41   Link #339
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Guren Nishiki Kai in the OP looks quite noticably different from the one in the R2 OP, so I highly doubt they'll use the DS originals.

Besides, I'd rather see Gloucester : Final Type (( since we're never going to see Type-E )) or the Tier-5 Burais.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 00:38   Link #340
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

it seems like Varis is getting an upgrade, as seen in the op. and though we haven't seen how many cartridges there are, the size of them, seen when they eject after use, is quite large. so i can't see it having realistically more than 5-7 goes with it.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote