Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2021-08-02, 18:24   Link #34481
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
He's already moving on to work on Tsukihime and Extra remake. And Takeuchi affirmed Nasu has had the conclusion of FGO in mind since a while and is working toward it. The theme of cosmos in the lostbelts is about ending because it's about accepting your end.
Which makes it really questionable whether rolling for Morgan and others will even be worth the bother. At the current pace of releases, you'd have maybe 1 more year of story on JP, before it either dies out completely, or they have to switch to events only.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-02, 19:23   Link #34482
GDB

Which is why I don't believe for a minute that the game will end any time soon.

1) He's said he'd be "done" with things multiple times before. Remember when Extra was going to be the last Fate thing ever?

2) Sony's not going to just let a big cash flow end just because they figure it'll be thematic.

3) No one will trust DW ever again between the fast death of Sakura Kakumei and FGO abruptly ending while sales are still good. Especially if they release things and don't give people a chance to actually use them.

4) Whether anyone trusts TypeMoon after such a thing happens would also be a question. Especially with how Nasu gets in regards to actually doing anything. That's a lot of people who'd be out of jobs just because Nasu got lazy while also being a control freak.

In all honesty, the most likely course of action (provided sales don't tank before then) is they just retire Mashu and Gudao, and maybe Chaldea entirely, and start a new story. We'd have all our Servants and CEs still (because again, see prior reasons), but story-wise it'd be a fresh start.

But then again, this conversion has happened basically every year for the past 4-5 years, so...
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-02, 19:49   Link #34483
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
I'd rather they hold off on Dead Apostles. I want them to use those materials for future Tsukihime projects. Hopefully.
Same......If he mashes them together even more......Would leave kind of a bad taste

Quote:
At the current pace of releases, you'd have maybe 1 more year of story on JP, before it either dies out completely, or they have to switch to events only.
You'll still need your units for events though
Old 2021-08-02, 19:54   Link #34484
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Oh Type Mercury is definitely showing up in LB 7. It's kinda in a weird place anyway since it's not really an Ancestor in the same way as the others, it just got kinda lumped in with them.

While it will depend on how well the Tsukihime remake and Melty Blood do, I do think that side is a better fit for the rest of the DAA.
Dunno, I'd actually prefer them here. Tsukihime didn't work for a sequel the first time around, and I doubt a remake will change that much.

Altrouge in particular would make an interesting enemy as dumwhut fate shenanigans could have an adverse effect on Fou. In fact, minus Guda, everyone from the original cast, i.E. Romani, Olga, Mash has died at least once. - Everyone but two people: Fou and Guda.
So despite what he's said at the end of the temple, Fou might still be a possibility for an enemy.
The notable thing here is that Fou seems to be aware of his parallel universe fate as a giant, supposedly, wolf-dog instead of " It's debate whether Fou is a cat."

And yeah, that particular part of the DAAs would actually be way more interesting in the fate story, because Good Sister vs Evil Sister and her minions has been there before a dozens of times.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2021-08-02, 20:51   Link #34485
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Which is why I don't believe for a minute that the game will end any time soon.
2) Sony's not going to just let a big cash flow end just because they figure it'll be thematic.

3) No one will trust DW ever again between the fast death of Sakura Kakumei and FGO abruptly ending while sales are still good. Especially if they release things and don't give people a chance to actually use them.
Are the sales still good? I feel like we had a conversation about this not too long ago, in which I noted that it's sales are chart-topping, IF a new event is happening. But there were also discontented members about how few new things were occurring. (I was one of the few happy ones, because it gives me time to store up SQ)
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-02, 20:53   Link #34486
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
He's already moving on to work on Tsukihime and Extra remake. And Takeuchi affirmed Nasu has had the conclusion of FGO in mind since a while and is working toward it. The theme of cosmos in the lostbelts is about ending because it's about accepting your end.
He's.....already working on those, though? Like he was working on them alongside the Camelot LB and they'll both be out long before even part 2 is finished.

LB 7 is likely going to be longer than 6 and whatever the finale is will still be waiting after that. Neither of those projects will outlast FGO.

And Nasu himself said he had a Part 3 in mind, he just wasn't sure if it would be Chaldea or someone else in it (i.e. whether or not it'll be FGO or its successor in whatever form that takes)
Old 2021-08-03, 03:18   Link #34487
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
Are the sales still good? I feel like we had a conversation about this not too long ago, in which I noted that it's sales are chart-topping, IF a new event is happening. But there were also discontented members about how few new things were occurring. (I was one of the few happy ones, because it gives me time to store up SQ)
It's not consistently ranked #1/2 anymore, but it's still bringing in ass-loads of money.
Old 2021-08-03, 03:47   Link #34488
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Something else regarding all the Heroic spirits forgetting about Guda: Doesn't that depend on whether they read records in the throne?
Just take Tamamo who is still running after her Master, despite that having happened in a parallel world (however that would influence one worlds records then ).

Sure they'd not remember him by name or face, but it's not like they'd be completely unaware of it either.

Old 2021-08-03, 03:53   Link #34489
MartianMage

https://twitter.com/MartianMage/stat...033651712?s=19

Why do you do this DW? lol

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Actually easy to do with Vich.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-03, 06:47   Link #34490
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Thinking about all those memorial quests...
Wouldn't it be a blast if the entire game would turn out to be just a memory of Mash's we see from her future Summoner's perspective?

Old 2021-08-03, 13:53   Link #34491
Homura7

And I have officially entered proof of hero hell. Godamnit Musashi, I didn't finish upgrading your saber skills yet.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-03, 15:38   Link #34492
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
And I have officially entered proof of hero hell. Godamnit Musashi, I didn't finish upgrading your saber skills yet.
I'm not even sure I should start on her Berserker... I was actually rolling for Welcome Bunny... And yes, I'm writing this with a straight face.

Old 2021-08-03, 16:02   Link #34493
Rizare

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
https://twitter.com/MartianMage/stat...033651712?s=19

Why do you do this DW? lol

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Actually easy to do with Vich.
Oh so that's why your Gil was at 118 and not 120. I thought you were taking a break or something. I heard the XP requirement after 100 was basically lvling a servant from 1 to 100.
Rizare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-03, 17:51   Link #34494
MartianMage

Yeah... somehow DW feels the need to shortchange players with b15 and NP5 SSR by 30 coins, Kinda silly if you ask me.

If you're farming xp right now at the new lvl60 hands and half AP. It would take you around 4 gold apples to get enough xp for 1 lvl beyond lvl100. This is also factoring you do get great/super succs along the way.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!

Last edited by MartianMage; 2021-08-03 at 18:21.
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-03, 19:15   Link #34495
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Tried FGO on a tablet for the first time today, and gosh is it badly optimized for android. This pad easily outclasses FGO's requirements and still has lags during NPs like MiniVinci's or Euryale's

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2021-08-03 at 19:27.
Old 2021-08-03, 20:28   Link #34496
Rizare

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
Yeah... somehow DW feels the need to shortchange players with b15 and NP5 SSR by 30 coins, Kinda silly if you ask me.

If you're farming xp right now at the new lvl60 hands and half AP. It would take you around 4 gold apples to get enough xp for 1 lvl beyond lvl100. This is also factoring you do get great/super succs along the way.
According to the r/fgoguide post covering the 6th anniversary, coins will be awarded in the future through events and campaigns. Understandable since NP5 can't be expected for everyone and welfare servants are kinda screwed in this situation as well since you can't just roll more copies of them.
Rizare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-04, 03:18   Link #34497
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizare View Post
According to the r/fgoguide post covering the 6th anniversary, coins will be awarded in the future through events and campaigns. Understandable since NP5 can't be expected for everyone and welfare servants are kinda screwed in this situation as well since you can't just roll more copies of them.
Even if you could, I'm pretty sure welfares are coded to not give coins at all from obtaining them. The only coins you'll have are from bond levels (meaning Bond 14 needed to unlock one skill).

The only question is how many coins they'll give, will they be blank or based on the characters in the event, and how often will they give them out?
Old 2021-08-04, 03:39   Link #34498
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
Welcome brother. We have plenty of room here in the pits of despair
Old 2021-08-04, 06:41   Link #34499
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Just ascending her nearly cleaned me out.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-04, 08:35   Link #34500
Homura7

People are playing the final part of LB6, and they are all saying it's absolutely insane, that Nasu really outdid himself.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon