AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 113 Rating
Perfect 10 50 45.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 25.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 11.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.92%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.83%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-04, 01:43   Link #341
little_angel
Watching From Above

ok i read a couple of posts and some of you said that reviving Teresa is possible .. i went back to the chapter and looked at the three warriors and the one to the left is Cassandra (look at the scars) the one to the right has short hair (but not sure because the picture isnt clear ) the one in the middle has long hair (this one i think can be Teressa or any other claymore who has long hair but at least we have a possibility of having Teressa as one of the revived warriors)

edit : it maybe my eyes or the bad quality but can anyone see a cut on the hand of the warrior to the right ?

Last edited by little_angel; 2011-03-04 at 03:16.
Old 2011-03-04, 01:47   Link #342
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagister View Post
So it appears to be a small amount of flesh put in their stomach that turns them into a Claymore slowly and painfully (remember Clare's best friend that she killed). .
i'm not sure this is correct it seems that its more to do with "willpower" , elisa was unable to prevent herself from awakening due to frequent yoki use, it has nothing to do with it slowly turning them into a claymore.

afterall in the extra chapter showing Claires graduation (when she was far younger than in active service) she was already a full hybrid and elisa was from a similar age group.

then we have young teresa who was no more than 5 yet could already actively sense rafaela out.
Old 2011-03-04, 01:49   Link #343
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Well, even the worst chapters of Claymore are usually great, and despite the manner in which it happened not being believable to me, I do like Miria, so I am happy to see her back. It didn't get the 10 because it lacked the credibility.
Short version: it was an unbelievably/incredibly great chapter.
Old 2011-03-04, 01:55   Link #344
BlackMagister

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
i'm not sure this is correct it seems that its more to do with "willpower" , elisa was unable to prevent herself from awakening due to frequent yoki use, it has nothing to do with it slowly turning them into a claymore.

afterall in the extra chapter showing Claires graduation (when she was far younger than in active service) she was already a full hybrid and elisa was from a similar age group.

then we have young teresa who was no more than 5 yet could already actively sense rafaela out.
I'm talking about right after they have the flesh put inside their stomachs that turns them into a Claymore. In the anime it shows Clare and Elena embracing each other or sleeping next to each other in a dank like cell (really need to rewatch) comforting each other due the pain that follows the transformation. In the manga it is referenced but not shown in chapter 4 on the third to last page. "When our bodies became half monster we would brace each other to sleep" something along those lines.
Old 2011-03-04, 01:59   Link #345
evil_kenshin

Quote:
I'm talking about right after they have the flesh put inside their stomachs that turns them into a Claymore. In the anime it shows Clare and Elena embracing each other or sleeping next to each other in a dank like cell (really need to rewatch) comforting each other due the pain that follows the transformation. In the manga it is referenced but not shown in chapter 4 on the third to last page. "When our bodies became half monster we would brace each other to sleep" something along those lines.
that is due to the nightmares of being experimented on; nothing about "Slowly transforming painfully". I wouldn't use the anime as a source as it made alot of mistakes and took out alot of scenes.
Old 2011-03-04, 02:04   Link #346
BlackMagister

Quote:
that is due to the nightmares of being experimented on; nothing about "Slowly transforming painfully". I wouldn't use the anime as a source as it made alot of mistakes and took out alot of scenes.
It's not like I was just using the anime. Clare does mention unbearable pain preventing her from sleeping so they had to brace or hug each other to go to sleep in the manga. You could interpret that as nightmares, although it seems to be indicating pain.

Edit: wow nice observation if that's what it really is little angel.
Old 2011-03-04, 02:07   Link #347
little_angel
Watching From Above

ok here is the hand cut i talked about and the the one to the right has long hair i recheck the picture and there is little hair shown .
Old 2011-03-04, 02:11   Link #348
evil_kenshin

Quote:
It's not like I was just using the anime. Clare does mention unbearable pain preventing her from sleeping so they had to brace or hug each other to go to sleep in the manga. You could interpret that as nightmares, although it seems to be indicating pain.
its possible a translation difference but i'm basing off my viz copy (who are not always accurate so you could be right)

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_angel View Post
ok here is the hand cut i talked about and the the one to the right has long hair i recheck the picture and there is little hair shown .

I don't see how you are getting Teresa out of that one? could just be the shading.
Old 2011-03-04, 02:20   Link #349
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
I don't see how you are getting Teresa out of that one?
Teressa got both of her hands cut off and her head . The head isnt shown in the manga but the body is and Teressa has long hair so after they got her fixed she at least should have a scar on her hands and this one has so there is a possibility (not 100% sure) but these evidences make it possible not certain .

Last edited by little_angel; 2011-03-04 at 02:59.
Old 2011-03-04, 02:31   Link #350
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Teressa got both of her hands cut off and her head . The head isnt shown in the manga but the body is and Teressa has long hair so after they got her fixed she at least should have a scar on her hands and this one has so there is a possibility (not 100% sure) but these evidences makes it possible not certain .
yagi rehash's character designs quiet commonly and as we know cassandra was cut up badly (who also had her wrists among other parts of her arm sliced).

the other fact is that these number 1's have been named and Teresa was not in the list;

unless you find some anagram in: Hysteria, Licht, Chloe,Sistina, Roxanne, Lutecia & Cassandra

as all the corpses have been named and Teresa is not on the list its fans being desperate for their Teresa to come back.
Old 2011-03-04, 02:48   Link #351
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
yagi rehash's character designs quiet commonly and as we know cassandra was cut up badly (who also had her wrists among other parts of her arm sliced).

the other fact is that these number 1's have been named and Teresa was not in the list;

unless you find some anagram in: Hysteria, Licht, Chloe,Sistina, Roxanne, Lutecia & Cassandra

as all the corpses have been named and Teresa is not on the list its fans being desperate for their Teresa to come back.
you must have missed my post read it then you will find that Cassandra is on the left and the warrior im talking about is on the right

+ Teressa has been named "smiling Teressa" chapter 110 page 15 she is mentioned just before Lutechia !
Old 2011-03-04, 02:50   Link #352
BlackMagister

Quote:

Teresa was mentioned. Smiling Teresa.

The middle one also can't be Cassandra as Cassandra is already the one on the left. The long hair doesn't prove it's Teresa at all as long hair is common it's just one very small thing saying it could be Teresa. The small line on her wrist could be a small deliberate art detail, but can't be sure at this time.

^ guess this is essentially same post as above
Old 2011-03-04, 02:54   Link #353
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
Teresa was mentioned. Smiling Teresa.

The middle one also can't be Cassandra as Cassandra is already the one on the left. The long hair doesn't prove it's Teresa at all as long hair is common it's just one very small thing saying it could be Teresa. The small line on her wrist could be a small deliberate art detail, but can't be sure at this time.

^ guess this is essentially same post as above
true thats why i said it is a possibility not for sure
Old 2011-03-04, 02:57   Link #354
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by manmmlala View Post
i read the Chinese translation, it is the other way round

either way, it's still kinda odd:

1. if Cassandra awakens and tore the warriors, who can kill her? how can she remain the form as a human?

2. if Cassandra was killed and torn right at the moment she was going to awaken, why did Dea said it still took hours for her to die? she couldn't awaken after she was torn? how could she even able to survive even having torn apart?

but i still think (2) is more logical, if Cassandra already awakens, it is impossible for her to die
I looked at the Japanese raw. It says:
妖力の限界を超えた時点で周りの戦士に八つ裂きだ
全身にいたる斬撃の跡は100と26
それでも絶命までに数時間かかったといわれる

I won't lie - I had a problem with this one. The problem for me is the particle "ni". It can mean both "by" and "to". I'm about 70% sure it's "by" in this case, but am not positive. (It seems to make more sense anyways.)
So:
"At the point when she exceeded her youriki limit, was torn apart by the surrounding warrior(s).
Her whole body recieved 100 and 26 slashes,
but even so, it took several hours until she died."

*sigh* Japanese is so confusing.
Old 2011-03-04, 02:58   Link #355
Friday
Im shy too...

from wikipedia:

Spoiler for Miria:

This page was last modified on 3 March 2011 at 10:24.

they were quick!!!!
Old 2011-03-04, 03:02   Link #356
BlackMagister

A fan translation came out on March 1st... So not exactly quick more like reasonable amount of time. I would consider quick to be within the first few hours or when no fan translation were made yet.
Old 2011-03-04, 03:05   Link #357
haegar
mangaviking

Thumbs down

edit: I was grumpy this morning and appologize for bad tone and unfriendliness. However, I stand by the gist of my rant's logic, also, would be kinda chickening out if I just edited everything back to nice'n cozy an hour later. so please read the following with a grain of salt and humor

---
jeeezes whata hazzle another four pages overnight, and you use them to just go an make things more complicated than neccessary. (xcept for those nice translations )

1. To everbody blabbling on about it cannot be Teresa cause she's a head shorter, will you please go and show me the panel where one can clearly see Dae or another MIB taking Teresa's head as a whole and putting it into Clare? yes, right, it's not there. SO MISSING HER HEAD IS ... well ...totally unfounded speculation.

2.Dae just picked up Prissy's arm. The Org has a habit of picking up torn bodies. Do you folks seriously think they wouldn't have collected Teresa's torso, arms, head and everything? SO MISSING HER HEAD IS ... well ...totally unfounded speculation.

So for all intents and purposes she is PRESENT, COMPLETE, save that part they put in Clare.

THE EXACT SIZE ANS SHAPE OF THAT PART REMAINS UNKNOWN TO THIS POINT
(other than that it probably is small enough to fit into a child's stomach - rough estimate though)

3. I am aware there is that shot of Clare carrying Teresa's head. She is doing that out of emotional trauma, and because Yagi felt it heightens the effect of the scene, IT IS NOT BECAUSE SHE MAGICALLY KNOWS THE MIBS WILL IMPLANT THE HEAD.

LEMME REPEAT. UNKNOWN: UNKNOWN: UNKNOWN

----
what do we know though?

1. Panels of Cassandra show what CUT WRISTS REASSEMBLED LOOK LIKE
2. Panels by little angel show shit. sry to be mean. FACT.

3a). Dae counting Cassandra among the unbleamished reveals his sense of beauty/health is seriously WARPED
3b) MEANING: IF CASSANDRA is "WHOLE" to him, so COULD be TERESA with HEAD and ARMS REATTACHED
3c)That is a theoretical possibilty, nothing more.

4. The only SOUND REASON (other than plot reasons by yagi) for Teresa DEFINITELY not being there is the notion THAT THE PART IN CLARE IS CRUCIAL -> SINCE IT IS MISSING; TERESA CANNOT BE REVIVED

that's nice reasoning, but also not sure, cause the zombies might be different. (If it is "THAT PART" that powers claymores, fuels them so to speak, THAT PART for these three might most likely be PRISSYs ARM)

5: THE ONLY PROOF for TERESA DEFINETLY BEIN THERE WOULD BE CLEAR BODY MARK - I don't see it, unless somebody swears he can recognize her ass's shape

Folks, as much as it hurts, lez not throw the brains out the window and instead just wait a month, I fear we have no other choice.

---
haegar now goes to have his morning coffee and promises to be better natured and much kinder afterwards ...

Last edited by haegar; 2011-03-04 at 04:53.
Old 2011-03-04, 04:09   Link #358
Sci-Fi

we'll find out which no.1's were revived soon enough. the org has 3 ao's ready to go too. yagi will prob switch to clare if the revolt is losing. in any case, another pieta could happen.
Old 2011-03-04, 05:14   Link #359
klare

damn, tears nearly come out from my eyes when Miria reappeared

who else can protect the org now...?
Old 2011-03-04, 06:19   Link #360
Butagami

Quote:
I think that's just a "dent" in the shading, not a cut, and if I remember it correctly, Teresa's hands were cut off higher up on the arm, at about a third to a half of the lower arm, going from the wrist.

Also, about Miria possibly missing an arm: I think Deneve could function as a "limb-bank". She cuts her arm, or whatever limb is needed, off and hands it to whoever needs it, Miria in this case. Then she regrows it. Problem Solved!

as to the matter of Teresa's possible ressurection, the head probably wasn't used. For one thing, it seems inpractical, as there isn't a lot of "meat" to be cut out. Furthermore, Clare probably didn't want the MIB's to cut up Teresa's head, she just carried that part because it was the most she could carry, and it's the most important part to her. From the point of the MIB it's more logical to use a part of the body instead of the head, because then she's still useful for Dae. If they used the head, they could only do one experiment with Teresa (Clare), with the body, they can make Clare and have Teresa be suitable for possible resurrection. The "Teresa visions" Clare experienced after collapsing before the war in the north may hint to Teresa's brain being used, but the introduction of Raftela makes it possible perhaps for the mind and yoki to interact, or something...