AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-25, 01:35   Link #361
Vocaloid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentOutlaw View Post
Reading some of the comments on the blog, apparently they thought it was gonna be about girls fighting to Vocaloid tunes.
The PVs fooled us all...
Speaking of the PVs...so many scenes must have been re-edited or cut out completely.
Vocaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 01:44   Link #362
ElizLestrad

Yeah, I was kinda disappointed that they didnt at least have an instrumental or remix of the BRS song, but it was alright.

I would have liked to have seen a bit more explination and character depth, especially between BRS and Dead Master. But ah well. Hopefully they'll do more with this because the concept does have a lot of potential (I think anyways)
ElizLestrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 01:50   Link #363
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

though one thing is made original

THEY ARE ALL "AA" or "A" cup breast!! YEAH!!! LOVE THE orginal FORM

even small breast has a large potential to be sexy
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 01:52   Link #364
Key Board
Carbon

There is no established plot or lore or universe in Black Rock Shooter. Aside from the illustrations
all other content is fan created. This not like Touhou where at least some kind of background is
prepared for each characters.

Because there is no canon established, it puzzles me how can anyone have any kind of
expectations at all for the anime

BRS itself was a series of pretty illustrations made famous by a Vocaloid song

That being said, I liked the episode. It requires you to suspend your disbelief at the end, however.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 01:55   Link #365
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
i'm not into the whole vocaloid mania. so it was very boring for me. i guess the action scenes were okay, but not more than that.
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 02:10   Link #366
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I'm glad I decided to give this a chance. While not what I was expecting it's probably better that way cause I was expecting things I wouldn't be completely happy with.

Spoiler for Just in case...:
Old 2010-07-25, 02:17   Link #367
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Spoiler for spoilermaybe:
Spoiler for spoiler maybe:
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 02:48   Link #368
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by idiffer View Post
i'm not into the whole vocaloid mania. so it was very boring for me. i guess the action scenes were okay, but not more than that.
I'm not into vocaloid too but I just accept it as a yuri story and was ok with it.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 03:21   Link #369
Ichijo

After seeing trailers I thought it's going to be a badass magical girl show. About in the middle of the show I thought that it's going to have a twist like Noein and almost expected the otherworld to be a post-apocalipse Earth.

But it was a metaphor? This twist feels lazy.
Ichijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 04:21   Link #370
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

one thing that never ever change

YURI = WIN
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 04:44   Link #371
Stanelis

Quote:
Sadly, This OAV is 100 % unrelated to vocaloids.
Stanelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 04:49   Link #372
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiffer View Post
The OVA isn't really about Vocaloids in the first place though

As for the OVA itself... I watched it for the awesome action scenes, but stayed because somehow, I was actually able to relate to Yomi's situation somewhat (my personal experience was under different circumstances though). Also, Mato is too cute

It does feel... incomplete though. Like it's begging to be extended into a 12 episode series or something, especially since we still don't know what the deal is with the other Black characters

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 05:00   Link #373
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I've seen it, and I thought it was outstanding. Subtle and complete. I don't want the dots connected. That would cheapen the overall effect.
+1 to this.

And I would use "totally fuck it up" instead of "cheapen" there.
When exactly was a anime that connected the dots ever good?

ps. we need more Mato bad hair day moments!
Old 2010-07-25, 05:06   Link #374
Sol Falling

omg, this was yuri? I totally didn't expect that. Anyway, the ending didn't turn out as epic as I had hoped but this thing had me leaking tears within 20 minutes, that's worth something. That's really worth something for me, actually. I totally don't regret randomly checking this out.

As for the story, uh, doesn't actually seem like a metaphor or anything like that to me. As I understand it, aside from the random sequences with the red and yellow girl, it's actually just a pretty straightforward chronologically interleaved story. First the real world stuff with Mato and Yomi happens. Then Mato becomes (yes becomes, meaning she goes to the other world) B*RS via the power of the two cell-phone pendants and goes on some long journey--i.e., next all the otherworld stuff minus the random segments with the red and yellow girls happens. As shown in those scenes, B*RS then actually succeeds in saving/beating green girl/otherworld!Yomi and exorcises that evil spirit thing, so that Yomi returns to her real world self. B*RS/Mato subsequently escapes the crumbling castle and returns to the real world, where resumption of their every day life leads up to Yuu getting jealous after the credits.

Presumably that latter is meant to lead to a sequel/new episode where the random evil power possesses Yuu too and Mato/B*RS has to return to the otherworld. That honestly sounds kinda annoying though, 'cause we haven't really been given any reason to care about Yuu, and the other world actually doesn't really seem too interesting without some meaningful motivation for being in there.

In any case, I'm such a damn sucker for tragic yuri friendship stories though. I really enjoyed this for the most part. They had all the classic jealousy, separation, longing, fighting and searching for etc. stuff, and the beginning with the budding friendship stuff was just plain amazing particularly.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2010-07-25 at 05:19.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 05:12   Link #375
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
There is no established plot or lore or universe in Black Rock Shooter. Aside from the illustrations
all other content is fan created. This not like Touhou where at least some kind of background is
prepared for each characters.

Because there is no canon established, it puzzles me how can anyone have any kind of
expectations at all for the anime
That's exactly the point: because there was no lore presented regarding BRS universe, that medium for BRS was the perfect opportunity for Huke to set it.
If there wasn't any true lore in Huke's mind, then, there wouldn't have any cohesion at all in the arts, MAD nor in the anime. And you have to admit there was already an established atmosphere which remained consistent between the arts and the MAD, which is more than "original characters being drawn".

The setup is obviously present when you factor all the media together. The problem is how the anime is basically very stingy regarding the said setup.

@Kaoru Shujo / Cats
"Connecting the dots" wasn't all about the presentation of the story at hand. More like: a lot of things were left completely unexplained (such like the cellphone straps, BRS world and whatever). Aside, by the end of the OVA, it is pretty simple to understand how the different sequences were tied together, but the background itself was basically laid bare to the strict minimum.
I don't even think it would be possible for that kind of story to be cheapen / ruined just because few elements are explained further.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-07-25 at 05:39. Reason: typo
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 05:30   Link #376
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
omg, this was yuri?
Who said this? ಠ_ಠ

Can two girls be friends without being accused of being lovers?

If not, then I'm scared now.
Old 2010-07-25, 05:33   Link #377
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Yeesh, so many people looking too deep into the characters' relationship and giving it yuri-ish overtones.

Seriously, can't they just be really really close friends? ^^; (Nakamashipping 4eva)

Personally I don't like bringing romantic relationships into series' where it's not intended to be implied, but that's just me.
Old 2010-07-25, 05:33   Link #378
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Can two girls be friends without being accused of being lovers?
Only when there are 3 girls. And we have 3 girls...

Unless/Until two of them kiss its all just good friendship anyway, no matter what anyone tells you.
Old 2010-07-25, 05:34   Link #379
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Only when there are 3 girls. And we have 3 girls...
Oh no.

People, you act like they were giving each other lovey dovey looks or something. I guess you're not familiar with female relationships, some girls like saying "I love you (because you metaphorically saved my life)".
Old 2010-07-25, 05:35   Link #380
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It felt like i was watching two separate films until that last scene which tied the two together. Would have liked to see a lot more of the BRS world then what we got, though overall i'm fine with the full package that was given. Wouldn't mind more though in the future.