031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: Tortuous... 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-05-12, 13:17   Link #21
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Flashback heavy but damn it if it isn't the most kick-ass flashback episode in a while.
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 14:46   Link #22
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Up till now I still hoped Sasuke could turn good, return to the village and atone for his deeds or whatnot. But now (if he really killed Karin) there is only thing I except from him - TO DIE.
D:
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 16:46   Link #23
sayde

Wow. Anime team actually got me feeling bad for Danzo (sort of). Can't say I saw that coming. But then again, showing antagonists as they were when they were innocent little kids is such a low blow.

As for Sasuke, he's now crossed the point of no return as far as I'm concerned. He'll need to pay royally before he could possibly be redeemed. Seriously, if Kishi expects us to forgive and forget should Sasuke suddenly become the good guy again after his next major love spat (involving nothing more than a repeated exchanges of words, punches, kicks, chidori's and rasengans), I'll be livid. And for the sake of Karin's character, I really hope she doesn't live through this just to still be in love with the guy. We already have one character like that. And one has proven more than I can handle.

Great episode overall. Even the flashbacks were much appreciated since it was mostly footage of events we've never seen before.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 17:30   Link #24
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Honestly it's Karin's fault for being so shallow. She stuck with Sasuke cause he's good looking, and paid the price for it.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 17:53   Link #25
kitten320

If Sasuke will become a goody, I'll rage.

Can't belive Naruto still wants him back after all he has done.

Ah, poor Karin. To get stabbed like that...
Old 2011-05-12, 18:22   Link #26
Jerseykid

Is Naruto the only person Sasuke has ever kissed?
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 18:24   Link #27
Fran~
floating away...

Karin is in that so long list of women used an abused by SOBs... but it seems that they're ok with that.

I can say that Naruto is over with that thing about getting him back... these last episodes you can see that Naruto's goal is more focused to the Hate between villages than Sasuke. Madara's and Gaara's talk were key to that plus his conversation with Pain.
Old 2011-05-12, 18:24   Link #28
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Is Naruto the only person Sasuke has ever kissed?
Yes, and probably the last lol

Although he did live with Orochimaru for a few years... lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 21:17   Link #29
Jehuty

Am I the only one that actually felt more of an emotional pang when Jiraiya was shown during the flashback? Even if it was for a second, and even if it wasn't about him at all... D:

I miss the old man D:

Also, Sarutobi is just awesome.
Old 2011-05-12, 23:16   Link #30
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
Am I the only one that actually felt more of an emotional pang when Jiraiya was shown during the flashback? Even if it was for a second, and even if it wasn't about him at all... D:

I miss the old man D:

Jiraiya????
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 23:51   Link #31
Maxtro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Jiraiya????
He's talking about the scene where a fallen Sarutobi is being surrounded by various members of the village. Jiraiya is among them.

One thing I really like about Naruto is that it has such an extensive cast of characters and a lot of back-story that can be told.

I really wouldn't mind at all if the show forgot about Naruto and Sasuke and changed its name to Shinobi.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 00:52   Link #32
HasuMasu
*Artist

well, i think it's inevitable that naruto will use his superwtfspeed no jutsu to catch up to sakura probably before sasuke rams a chidori up her ass

that would be hilarious, and totally expected

though i don't think naruto and sasuke will actually fight here, you know, it just seems a little too early for me
Old 2011-05-13, 05:30   Link #33
Ze_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post

I miss the old man D:

NO! As soon as i saw him i felt really sad for him T_T.
Old 2011-05-13, 06:58   Link #34
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Nii-san...that's one down *_* Yay for loss of sanity, you kinda know it's gone when Sasuke's talking to his dead brother while killing people. Good episode, Sasuke won with trickery rather than brute force despite his huge Susano'o, apparently Madara approves of this one. R.I.P. Karin, at least she felt Sasuke's lips on her hand, shame she was the definition of a fangirl to the very end. Next episode seems flashback-oriented, ugh for yet another scene with crying Sakura begging Naruto.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 07:01   Link #35
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Nii-san...that's one down *_* Yay for loss of sanity, you kinda know it's gone when Sasuke's talking to his dead brother while killing people.
i actually liked that line

not sure if karin's dead though, i mean, if the team is going after sasuke, sakura could heal her or something
Old 2011-05-13, 07:26   Link #36
Kallen4life

I'll say this, I like the too-far-gone-moral event horizon crossing Sasuke more then the previous Sasuke

let him lose it all, fun to watch
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 09:33   Link #37
Xagzan

Well he's definitely much better this way. Before, Kishi was writing him in a way that tried to straddle hero and villain, but it just came off as confused and really static. I remember back during the Sasuke centric chapters leading up to the Itachi fight, and how sick of them everyone was. That was because he wasn't showing any development one way or another. He was just a robot with a single purpose, and we were forced to sit through chapter after chapter of that, while not even being clear if we were supposed to root for him or disapprove of how he seemed so willing to kill Naruto. He was very, very boring.

Now he's going cray cray, and that's very exciting to watch Makes his character a hell lot more clear too.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 09:56   Link #38
Kallen4life

yep, IMHO there must be at least one villain/bad guy with the I-don't-give-a-shit-about-anyone-go-through-anything-or-anyone-leeroy-style-kill-em-all M.O. .. bonus points for having the power to back that up (but not too much) .. Sasuke ain't exactly unstoppable, but you have to admit he's pretty damn good for a scrawny 16 y.o. .. as far as I'm concerned he's perfect (character-wise) right now, I'd MUCH rather watch his fights then endure Naruto's gay-angst .. about the "redemption" thing - we'll deal with that when/if we get there

less talking or thinking, more killing - very simple & entertaining
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 11:42   Link #39
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
yep, IMHO there must be at least one villain/bad guy with the I-don't-give-a-shit-about-anyone-go-through-anything-or-anyone-leeroy-style-kill-em-all M.O. .. bonus points for having the power to back that up (but not too much) .. Sasuke ain't exactly unstoppable, but you have to admit he's pretty damn good for a scrawny 16 y.o. .. as far as I'm concerned he's perfect (character-wise) right now, I'd MUCH rather watch his fights then endure Naruto's gay-angst .. about the "redemption" thing - we'll deal with that when/if we get there

less talking or thinking, more killing - very simple & entertaining
Gay-angst is such a great combo of words
Old 2011-05-13, 19:52   Link #40
kubou

Only one Sharingan (Sasuke?)

Does anyone know why only one of sasuke's sharingan was activated towards the end? I didn't know you could...turn one off?
kubou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion