Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-03-15, 14:36   Link #21
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolistic
anyone play a sim game called "Afterlife?"
no matter what i did, the 4 horsemen of apocalypse would destroy my universe.. a retardedly hard game.
Yeah, I remember that one. Difficult economic model, but kinda fun for a while. Those advisors had some funny comments at times, and the descriptions for Hell's punishments made me grin evilly

I think that games in general just get easier and shorter. *grampa's voice* When I was young, we didn't have no save feature or passwords, we had to finish the games in one sitting!

And blindfolded in a straightjacket, furiously using our feet to turn the cranks powering the generator to the game (we didn't have TVs) blah blah blah...

I can't remember which game I found the most difficult, though. Journey to Silius (NES), Green Beret (Rush 'n Attack? C64/NES), Turtles 1 (C64/NES), Metal Gear 1 (NES), Ghosts 'n Goblins (NES, this one was REAL hard!). These are the games that at the top of my head I can remember being hard.

I think Ghosts 'n Goblins (called Ghouls n' Ghosts on the SNES?) is the single hardest game I've ever encountered in my life. And you even had to beat it TWICE in a row in order to get the real ending. Or was it more? I think I rarely got past the first or second level. The SNES version was easier, but the old NES version was hard enough to make you wanna grind that little grey cartridge into dust.
Old 2004-03-15, 14:45   Link #22
wnkryo
HainShodan

It was that damn contra game, thank god for the old cheat code that gave infinite lives o.O
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 14:57   Link #23
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

There maybe some differences on difficulty and game titles for your NES versus my Famicom systems.

First thing to ask before I say my suggestions:

1. Was "Super Mario 2" ever released for your NES? I assume your version was the one which you choose either Mario, Luigi, Peach Princess and Kinopio each level and the last boss was this big ugly frog. Over here, it was a different game called "Yume Koujo Doki Doki Panic" and had nothing to do with SMB characters.

Our "Super Mario 2" was something like the first Super Mario on drugs.

2. What is "Ninja Gaiden?" Is the main character some ninja names "Ryu Hayabusa?" If so, then I will understand its difficulty. The original title here was "Ninja Ryuukenden." Am i the only one who hated this jump?

3. One quick verification needed: In 2002, Konami released a game for GBA that previously had the series title "Seimajou Dracula." If my prediction are correct, then that would mean in the States, "Seimajou Dracula" was released under the series title "Castlevania." I say this because Konami issued a statement before selling this game to Japanese consumers that "we will change the series title 'Seimajo Dracula' to the internationally accepted name 'Castlevania.' " If so, then I would like to add the several first "Seimajo Dracula" series to difficult games. On a side note, this game was for the Famicom Disk System over here.

Now here are some titles that were very fun, difficult, and interesting to play. Unfortunately, I do not know their English titles:

Hanjuku Hero (Square)
Bahamut Lagoon (Square)
Appletown Monogatari (Square)
Soukaigi (Square)
Final Fantasy I, II, III (Square)
Druaga no Tou (NAMCO)
Dragon Quest I,II,III,IV (ENIX)
Ice Climber (Nintendo)
Konami WaiWai World (Konami)
Elevator Action (TAITO)
Solomon no Kagi (TECMO)
Y's I, II (Nippon Falcom)
Lode Runner (Hudson Soft)
Momotaro Densetsu/Dentetsu series (Hudson Soft)

Makaimura (CAPCOM) - I remember playing this game so many times!!!

Last edited by kj1980; 2004-03-15 at 16:02.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 15:11   Link #24
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
2. What is "Ninja Gaiden?" Is the main character some ninja names "Ryu Hayabusa?" If so, then I will understand its difficulty. The original title here was "Ninja Ryuukenden."
Yes that's it ^_^ the first was the hardest (still haven't beat it) the 2nd the second hardest (took me forever to reach the final level..then just as long to kill the bosses, luckily the game had infinite continues) then there was the 3rd -_- although i liked it...the game wasn't as fun as the 2nd...and the final boss was just a copy of the final boss in the 2nd one
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 15:12   Link #25
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
There maybe some differences on difficulty and game titles for your NES versus my Famicom systems.

First thing to ask before I say my suggestions:

1. Was "Super Mario 2" ever released for your NES? I assume your version was the one which you choose either Mario, Luigi, Peach Princess and Kinopio each level and the last boss was this big ugly frog. Over here, it was a different game called "Yume Koujo Doki Doki Panic" and had nothing to do with SMB characters.
No, but it was included in Super Mario Allstars for the SNES later on.

Quote:
2. What is "Ninja Gaiden?" Is the main character some ninja names "Ryu Hayabusa?" If so, then I will understand its difficulty. The original title here was "Ninja Ryuukenden."
Yup, that's Ninja Gaiden. It's hard, I agree, though I mostly played Ninja Gaiden 2.

Quote:
Now here are some titles that were very fun, difficult, and interesting to play. Unfortunately, I do not know their English titles:

Bahamut Lagoon (Square)
Final Fantasy I, II, III (Square)
Ice Climber (Nintendo)
Solomon no Kagi (TECMO)
Lode Runner (Hudson Soft)
Bahamut Lagoon is available as a translation if you have the SNES ROM and use an emulator. Good game, but I was unable to complete it without cheating, sadly.

Ice Climber was the first NES game I ever played, even before Super Mario Bros 1.

Solomon no Kagi is probably Solomon's Key, I've never played it.

Lode Runner was called the same here, never played that one either.
Old 2004-03-15, 15:17   Link #26
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Einhander on Hard. That thing's damned near impossible.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 15:51   Link #27
Iori Branford
UH OH SEI IS A KITTY

Samurai Shodown 3. Expect to get raped even on easiest difficulty.
Iori Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 16:01   Link #28
xxziggybitsxx

Send a message via AIM to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via MSN to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via Yahoo to xxziggybitsxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEkKaShInObI
Chrono Trigger.
Ummmm no.. what r u smoking.. That was the best game of all time.. but it was eas and short. ^_^

Umm for me the hardest game that i have ever played would have to be Ikaruga for thr gamecube...Man it takes alot of talent to get high score in that game... Fast reflexes are needed to..
xxziggybitsxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 16:20   Link #29
Sensei
Call me Milady

Huh !? Whoever said Chrono Trigger, go make some lvls O_o...

Mainly I'd say any game on the NES is damned tough, since you had to do it in one sitting.
Tough:
Ninja Turtles 1-2-3... we tried it on emulator it tooks us really long to get to the end... I remember beeing good when I was young .. weird.
I never played Mega Mans, until I heard about it when I was like 17, so I got an Emulator and the original game and... didn'T even beat a lvl.. I do have videos of some people beating it in 20 Minutes, pretty amazing

Do you remember FF2 Japanese ? You can find it on FFOrigins now, the first fight are 4 Horsemen ambushing you, well I found a video claiming the guy managed to beat them. I just can't play the damn thing, Linky --> http://www.zophar.net/NESticle/nsm/ Try your luck if you want, you need the Nesticle Emulator. Tell me how you did it if you managed it.

I still love you NES *huggles her NES*
Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 17:21   Link #30
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

KJ1980: Yeah, over here, we got Super Mario Bros. 2. That was really weird they way they just took Doki Doki Panic and made it into a Mario game. It was totally unlike any Mario game which made it kind of confusing.

Soukaigi...I thought I was the only one who had a copy of that game. But I guess you're in Japan so that explains why you have it. I liked the girl with the bow. Unfortunately, I could never figure out where to go at a certain point...the only Japanese I could read at that point in time was "Load", "Save" and the numbers telling me how many crystals I had left to collect.

Did you ever play Internal Section?
Old 2004-03-15, 23:37   Link #31
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Did you ever play Internal Section?
I've heard of it...wasn't that for the Playstation? I think the actual title was "IZ Internal Section." Wasn't that some kind of polygon shooting game?
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 23:45   Link #32
ShadowX114
is my nickname

Contra and The House of The Dead 2 were really hard for me. I never finished them (Except House of the dead 2 with the GameShark but that dosn't count).
I just started playing Ninja Gaiden 2 (because I loved Ninja Gaiden 4 ^^) and its really hard. I'm in the 3rd stage and I hate this damn storm that keep moving me. Luckly im playing it as a rom so I can save whever I want ^_^
As for Megaman X , I made it to the final boss with a big difficulty(maybe because I was only 8-9 years old??? ) but I never beat him.
ShadowX114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 02:03   Link #33
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
I've heard of it...wasn't that for the Playstation? I think the actual title was "IZ Internal Section." Wasn't that some kind of polygon shooting game?
No, the actual title is just "Internal Section". The "IZ" on the cover is just a bunch of dots that represent the title's abbreviation, and the z is a "cool looking" backwards S. It was a polygonal shooting game for the Playstation, kind of like Tempest but you were supposed to be hacking into a network.

You transformed shapes and modes of fire based on the Chinese Zodiac signs. It was simple, but I kind of thought it was cool.
Old 2004-03-16, 03:27   Link #34
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Yeah the old nintendo games were without a doubt the toughest. Their was no convienent save or continue points in a lot of games, so like the other guy said you had to beat them in one sitting.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 03:33   Link #35
thegreatjason

I would agree with a few others, Final Fantasy 1 and 2 were pretty challenging on the ol' NES.

As for Solomon's Key, that game was too hard for my 8 year old brain at the time, i'm sure I could take it out, dust it off and brutally rape it now.

Even with those games, they weren't nearly as hard as Double Dragon 3, I could beat 1 and 2 with a little luck, but when it came to 3 it was a different story alltogether, I could get to the first boss and from there I had no chance.

Castlevania was also very challenging, so was Mike Tyson's Punch Out the first few times through, although once you figured out what they were going to do it was a cake walk.
thegreatjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 04:33   Link #36
Strider_Lee
shinobi

Yea, I'd have to agress that the NES (or Famicom) games were some of the most difficult games ever. I remember beating a lot of the games, but the original "Batman" (the one based on the first movie directed by Tim Burton) had to have been the hardest one for me.
Strider_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 10:07   Link #37
Kklathan
Vampyre

Mega Man, the first one for NES. I was a wee bit smaller then I am now when that came out but I never ended up beating it. I picked up a rom of it a few months ago and I still have not beaten it. Ah well. Btw, is it possible to beat duck hunt? I have wasted soooooo many hours of my life on that game its not even funny.

...ye shall be as gods....
Kklathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 10:12   Link #38
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kklathan
Btw, is it possible to beat duck hunt? I have wasted soooooo many hours of my life on that game its not even funny.
Nope. You get to level 99 (duck on speed and acid), then it rolls over to level 0 (which is slow), then level 1 again. You keep your score though, I think I had something like 750,000 points after going through all 99 levels. When I found out it all started over again, I just dropped the zapper and gave up. Never played it again
Old 2004-03-16, 17:30   Link #39
anime-otaku
Lazy Guitarist

Send a message via AIM to anime-otaku Send a message via Yahoo to anime-otaku
Hardest game (in the world) ?

Radio Zonde, go on google and search for it on the net. It's a freeware shooting game. I myself am a veteran airplane shooter, I beat Blazing Star on Arcade mode with ZERO life lost, but playing radio Zonde, I can't even beat the first stage without the invinciblity turned on.

Last edited by anime-otaku; 2004-03-18 at 02:18.
anime-otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 19:44   Link #40
SimplyEd
Claytard

Well, up until today i beat every rpg i ever bought, but i have to say that Saga Frontier 2's last boss-fight was da shit!!. I had to start all over because of insufficient character attributes...the hell!
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote