AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-10, 17:25   Link #21
Sides

Wow, with star driver and this series it kind of feels like a small 70s/80s revival going on here.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 17:34   Link #22
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Erm....this looks like it could give me an extreme case of diabetes.

That PV did have some over-the-top moments, which I like, so I may give it a go later.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 18:31   Link #23
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Not expecting much, but the show has so much moe that it's not even funny. It's in the realm of "Taste like Diabetes" since the girls are just so adorable...

Needless to say, I'll give it two more episodes.

Also, the blond hair guy reminds me of TK from Angel Beats!
Old 2010-10-10, 19:33   Link #24
wingman32x

An alright episode. The moe factor is through the roof though, almost too much. The plot is somewhat interesting. I'll give it two more episodes to see the direction of the series. A probable drop though.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 20:21   Link #25
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I think it's interesting to see how the magical girl group climbs out of the cellar that they were dropped into. Kind of like the power ups that you see in Bakugan before the final battle. Only Sherlock is pure of heart. Kind of makes me think "In the name of the moon, Sherlock will punish you."

It's definitely over the top and fun.

So does the series take place after the game? I'm assuming that the youtube link is the game OP from which Kobayashi is missing in the anime OP and not at the school according to Arsene in the first ep.

Last edited by orion; 2010-10-10 at 20:34.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 00:14   Link #26
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

I...uh..Okay look.

You know what makes detectives cool and iconic? NOT SUPER POWERS, I CAN TELL YOU THAT.

If it's a detective ACADEMY, there should at least be an inkling of using logic and deductive reasoning to find solutions, not telekinesis or magical machine hacking. GAH!

But who am I kidding; this is all about cute lolis doing cute loli things. Doesn't really matter since I just passed by it. The mystery-solving may kick up, but that's not a reason to watch.
Old 2010-10-11, 02:25   Link #27
SanyaChan

the first episode was pure win in my opinion
elly caught my interest O_O
SanyaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 07:26   Link #28
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
I...uh..Okay look.

You know what makes detectives cool and iconic? NOT SUPER POWERS, I CAN TELL YOU THAT.

If it's a detective ACADEMY, there should at least be an inkling of using logic and deductive reasoning to find solutions, not telekinesis or magical machine hacking. GAH!

But who am I kidding; this is all about cute lolis doing cute loli things. Doesn't really matter since I just passed by it. The mystery-solving may kick up, but that's not a reason to watch.
Yeah, that kind of irked me, too. I would be fine with the whole "Toy" system, but there's something wrong if you're rendered useless without them. They should have basic detective skills at the very least. But like you said, it's not like the show cares.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 07:55   Link #29
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Wow that's... animation is pretty subpar for something considered moeblob.

At least it's funny... sometimes, even if it was almost completely stupid. It would have been great if the test forced them to, you know, use actual investigative skills rather than relying on their now-absent array of powers. At least being put into the shithouse would force them to do with what they have. I could only hope they have to earn their powers back or something.

Bad animation aside, the plot aside from standard moeblob fare shows a bit of potential. Putting my expectations down low, but hey maybe it'll surprise me. I'll stick around for 1 or 2 more.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 16:57   Link #30
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Too much cuteness in this anime I was a little dazzled by the plot

Aside from the Milky Holmes losing their "toys" after losing a fight, noticing that they lost their toys, they have been the worst students in the school they go to (Which I assume is a school) because they are still demoralized about how different everything is without their toys, and how lazy they have grown to be.

But right before the Student Council President said they would be expelled, did anyone catch sight that the Milky Holmes might have acquired new toys perhaps? There was move, strength, sense, or mechanics, there was no lightning involved... Or thats just me thinking about it to much.
Old 2010-10-11, 17:10   Link #31
Random Wanderer

There was a flash of lightning and an explosion when they lost their powers, so I assume the lightning is in some way connected to said powers and their chance to get them back.

Quote:
I...uh..Okay look.

Yes, that bothered me. The main part about being a detective is not about having flashy showdowns with criminals, but in figuring out who and where and what the criminals are. While their powers could be creatively used to assist in that, they weren't the sorts of things that would REPLACE the required skill (except maybe the one with super-senses). Simply speaking, if the girls aren't good at being detectives without their powers, they probably weren't really that good at it WITH them either.

And if a test for their right to be in that school doesn't test their detective skills, but rather their powers, then that's not a detective school: it's just another magic-academy that happens to focus on using the powers for crime-solving.

PS: The student-council president is lovely, and needs more screentime. Arsene, on the other hand, is hideous and needs to get her butt offscreen and stay there forever.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 17:16   Link #32
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Yes, that bothered me. The main part about being a detective is not about having flashy showdowns with criminals, but in figuring out who and where and what the criminals are. While their powers could be creatively used to assist in that, they weren't the sorts of things that would REPLACE the required skill (except maybe the one with super-senses). Simply speaking, if the girls aren't good at being detectives without their powers, they probably weren't really that good at it WITH them either.
Thats probably the purpose of them losing their powers in the first episode So we can see their real "detective" abilities, rather then their "magical" abilities in later episodes. We already had a clear view of their "magical" abilities...

Quote:
And if a test for their right to be in that school doesn't test their detective skills, but rather their powers, then that's not a detective school: it's just another magic-academy that happens to focus on using the powers for crime-solving.
I actually agree, the challenge that the Student Council President gave them was giving us a clear view of her testing their magical abilities. If they had their powers back, she would have to be careful when stealing stuff, but if they dint, she could easily go and steal stuff without a challenge. But from the lessons being taught in that school... It seems more magical-based with just names of Famous Detectives being put in their... I will be surprised to see detective lessons going on..

Quote:
PS: The student-council president is lovely, and needs more screentime. Arsene, on the other hand, is hideous and needs to get her butt offscreen and stay there forever.
I just wish Arsene kept that Student-Council-President look forever
Old 2010-10-11, 21:41   Link #33
FateAnomaly

Well, the definition of detective in that universe is obviously different from ours. It seems detectives are primarily just there to battle the thieves. The academy itself is pretty bad at screening their employees so i doubt they are any good at real detective jobs.

I wonder which is the real Arsene. I sure hope its the loli.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 21:43   Link #34
Midonin
Last Engage

This won't be the first and won't be the last time detectives have supernatural powers. Milky Holmes isn't even the only superpowered detective show in this season. Though the other example I'm thinking of goes back to my old standby and involves fighting against things far more abstract and...rubbery than Arsene and her gang.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 21:45   Link #35
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I wonder which is the real Arsene. I sure hope its the loli.
I really pray that its the loli as well... To cute
Old 2010-10-11, 22:03   Link #36
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I wonder which is the real Arsene.
I wasn't aware her identity was in question.

EDIT: Oh wait, are you saying you wonder which of the two forms is her real self? I'm hoping for the student council president, as the other form disgusts me.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 03:01   Link #37
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I don't know about you guys but hesitantly coming into this, I was hoping for something along the lines of Detective School Q, if not Conan.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 03:37   Link #38
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Sounds like a completely non-diabetic version of Hidan no Aria.

Unless, of course, the "Milky" is iterated another wa...*gets bricked*.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 19:54   Link #39
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
but DAAAMMM, the ED!!!
I know what you mean
Spoiler for for space:

I began this series just for Seiya Numata as character designer but it's actually enjoyable. Let's wait the next episodes to make a proper judgement.
And what the heck are these hard nipples for Twenty ? It's kinda disgusting :V
Old 2010-10-12, 20:46   Link #40
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Wow that's... animation is pretty subpar for something considered moeblob.
And that's another thing: Did anyone get the feeling they were watching something from early 2000's?
Because the backgrounds seemed a little lackluster; as in they literally lacked some luster. Same goes for the characters too. :/