AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-03-30, 02:40   Link #381
Hamster

I wished they included the two thoughts made by Isabella and Emma in this finale.

First was Isabella wishing she could have loved them as a real mother. Second was Emma's monologue saying something like they have no food, no home but they're with each other.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-31, 10:18   Link #382
alex_drian

Now, catch with the manga or wait for Season 2, that is the question.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-31, 19:01   Link #383
Applehell

Best ending of the season by a longshot, yes even surpassing Dororo, just wow. Not gonna pick up the manga with a S2 on the way, but I'll be there when hits. This was definitely one of my 3 top shows of winter.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-01, 06:18   Link #384
Ghostfriendly

So I was wrong for once (or twice, or etc) about them taking the small children. Coming back to rescue all the children within two years is still a preposterously hard task, but shonen is all about going beyond the limits.

Very good series indeed start to finish.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-01, 12:50   Link #385
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

I did get bored so I stopped watching. My beef with this series is the uneven pace. It started with a bang but then it was taking sweet time crawling then at near end rushed at super sonic speed. Overall, ep 1 was really good. After that, not so much. Oh well, there is no solid series this season.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-01, 15:57   Link #386
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Best shounen I've seen since Fullmetal Alchemist. Hopefully it holds up better than Death Note did in the long run. But it's problems for the long run were already evident early. Neverland has more potential, characters and content to roll with.
Old 2019-10-03, 17:38   Link #387
James Rye

Finally got around watching the rest of the season, Jesus, I took way too long, lol.
What I liked the most about this series was that there were no "inner thoughts" we could hear, you know, the thought bubbles from the manga. Instead the anime worked with the images, expressions and music to create the same thoughts like in the manga without spelling them out, I liked that. Same with the little changes like Krone's doll going from perfectly unharmed as a child to nearly broken to pieces as an adult, her fight against the demon while the kids ate, to Isabella meeting Emma on the wall, it all fit well into the anime's story-telling.

Glad it got a 2nd season, can't wait for it to air in 2020.^^